June 5, 2012 "Fact or Faked" Florida UFO Footage

page: 1
76
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+32 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Did anyone watch last night's "Fact or Faked" on SyFy? They were investigating a man's UFO footage from the Florida panhandle. The original footage was a bit strange, but they demonstrated it was certainly plausible for it to have been a case of mistaken identity. They then decided, since the area is a major UFO hotspot, to perform a night investigation. I expected little to nothing, mostly because "Fact or Faked" has a history of bending over backwards to discredit UFOs and alien activity (to the point where I have often wondered how compromised the show was in regards to government involvement with the producers, especially concerning military aircrafts.) I apparently jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Link to Youtube Video

What they captured on camera, especially the full spectrum was pretty impressive. Either the show is a farce, or they just caught one of the most impressive pieces of UFO footage I have ever seen. I believe SyFy re-airs the previous week's program every Tuesday just before the new program for that week. I would urge anyone who finds the attached footage interesting to watch the rebroadcast next Tuesday to see the entire investigation & attempted re-creation of the original footage that sparked the site visit in the first place.




posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6
 


Very interesting piece of video , I would like to see the raw footage without all the dramatics but on the face of it that's pretty impressive stuff


Here's the original footage that sparked the FoF investigation .


edit on 6-6-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wow.

I agree with Gortex, we should try to get a hold of the original piece of video. Nevertheless, this is pretty impressive...

We might have something here!
edit on 6-6-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: eta



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
While I watched that particular episode and was intrigued by the failure to declare either case “Fact” or “Faked”, that program leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I will leave my biased opinion(s) about the show I love to hate out of this as much as possible. I agree, they captured some interesting footage. I’d love to get my hands on the “raw” video! Did you also notice the camera “locking” or “framing” objects much closer to the camera? On the right side of the screen, several items were isolated that appeared to be poles or the like protruding from the water’s surface (something not unusual in themselves, as they could be there for tying boats and the like to) and then disappeared moments later. There were several other items to the left as well. All of the illuminated anomalies were very curious indeed. The limited details provided at the shows abrupt conclusion left me wanting more information…I have the option of reviewing the show when it becomes available on “On Demand” in the next few days…I will pay closer attention next time around.
Nice post.
edit on 6-6-2012 by exdog5 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That's pretty cool,excellent spot! love watching this show but we don't get to see it much in the UK



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Do you remember what river they were filming on? Was it the Escambia River or Blackwater River?

I live in the area and would very much like to check this out.

Thanks for posting this!



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by prism
That's pretty cool,excellent spot! love watching this show but we don't get to see it much in the UK

tvlinks.eu or 1channel.ch
every tuesday or wednesday depending on time difference



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Did I miss something or do they not even mention how multiple dark shadows appear at 51 seconds into this clip? Then later when they're focusing on that one bright light in the trees it also appears another dark figure or shadow is standing in front of the light. At least at one point it looks to be a tree then seems to change position nearing the time the light fades out.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
fact or fiction should try to debunk their own sighting.

maybe aliens decided to teach these tools a lesson for trying to debunk legitimate sightings and calling average people liars and hoaxers.

then again it is a tv show and could have been done to stir ratings.

the guy at the end makes a good point. their unexplained sighting adds legitimacy to the original sighting.

so potentially, here are two legitimate ufo sightings.
edit on 6-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is the best UFO thread I've seen in a long time! It's easy to stop being impressed by UFO vids especially here on ATS where they so often get debunked.. In fact, not since THIS thread has much of anything ufo related been really worth checking in on, IMO. Thanks for the thread, this is huge! S&F
edit on 6-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I was more than a bit dubious watching that but i must
admit, when they pointed out the reflection of the fleeing light on
the water i was intrigued to say the least.
Interesting find!



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5
Did you also notice the camera “locking” or “framing” objects much closer to the camera? On the right side of the screen, several items were isolated that appeared to be poles or the like protruding from the water’s surface (something not unusual in themselves, as they could be there for tying boats and the like to) and then disappeared moments later.



Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
Did I miss something or do they not even mention how multiple dark shadows appear at 51 seconds into this clip? Then later when they're focusing on that one bright light in the trees it also appears another dark figure or shadow is standing in front of the light. At least at one point it looks to be a tree then seems to change position nearing the time the light fades out.


I noticed that and was a bit perplexed as to why they didn't mention the dark columns. I DVR the show so my wife & I did re-watch that portion a couple of times. I eventually came to the conclusion that those columns were the result of the boat moorings/poles sticking high out of the water on the edge of the far bank being "backlit" by the light source. I think the object/light source was in the IR spectrum and, as a result, created an effect almost like a reverse lens flair that cast a larger shadow of the poles it was behind towards the near bank the camera was sitting on.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Have not watched that episode yet, but the footage is very interesting.
Someone posted the origional sighting video. Has that footage been
debunked? That footage was very impressive.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As much as I hate that show (can't even watch it, it irritates me so much)...that was some pretty good footage....



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm actually impressed with the last part of the footage showing the light rising and then streaking off to the left of the screen, especially since it's reflected in the water itself!

That said, I REALLY hope it's not something that has been edited by the studio. It would be a great boon to examine the raw footage.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Although it looks cool, I've gotta say.. I'm still very much unimpressed by lights in the sky.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Someone posted the origional sighting video. Has that footage been
debunked? That footage was very impressive.


It wasn't debunked, per se. The segment prior to the team capturing their own experience footage contained 3 attempts at recreating the original sighting video. They came very close using an airboat with 3 spotlights just above the water, but they didn't get an exact match. They effectively demonstrated that it *may* have been a case of mistaken identity, but they didn't go so far as to say "The original footage was definitely not a UFO."



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5
While I watched that particular episode and was intrigued by the failure to declare either case “Fact” or “Faked”, that program leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I will leave my biased opinion(s) about the show I love to hate out of this as much as possible. I agree, they captured some interesting footage. I’d love to get my hands on the “raw” video! Did you also notice the camera “locking” or “framing” objects much closer to the camera? On the right side of the screen, several items were isolated that appeared to be poles or the like protruding from the water’s surface (something not unusual in themselves, as they could be there for tying boats and the like to) and then disappeared moments later. There were several other items to the left as well. All of the illuminated anomalies were very curious indeed. The limited details provided at the shows abrupt conclusion left me wanting more information…I have the option of reviewing the show when it becomes available on “On Demand” in the next few days…I will pay closer attention next time around.
Nice post.
edit on 6-6-2012 by exdog5 because: (no reason given)


[removed link to copyrighted content]
edit on 6/6/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Someone posted the origional sighting video. Has that footage been
debunked? That footage was very impressive.


It wasn't debunked, per se. The segment prior to the team capturing their own experience footage contained 3 attempts at recreating the original sighting video. They came very close using an airboat with 3 spotlights just above the water, but they didn't get an exact match.

how did they account for the horizontal rotating lights above the 3 spots seen around 0:52...??





top topics
 
76
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join