It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado in the middle of Mexico City (next to Tlatelolco)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Now, this is something I never expected in the middle of Mexico city:

Description translation:

June 1st , 6 p.m. aprox. In one corner of central Av. (near Tlatelolco) while waiting for a cab, I found this atipical wind that turned into a movie's tornado. I couldn't let it go, so I record it. The quality isn't good but the content is shocking.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

o my god

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

Is it very rare for a tornado to touchdown in Mexico city?

2nd

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NotApplicable

is it very rare too be at the scene as it happens,,,,???????????????????????????????????????

increadable,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

is she ok???????????????

was my first thought................
edit on 5-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

That was incredible. I reminds me of living in the outskirts of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. It is right in the middle of tornado ally. I have seen some big ones and the horrendous damage, injuries, and deaths left in their wakes.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

The camerawoman has a lucky escape!
At the beginning of the clip you can see the trees lay down as she is walking around in it...

edit on 5/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
That dropped maybe 20 feet from her. Wow. Couldnt see it real well but thats before it brought up debris I think.

One of vehicles tipped over was a Van or something bigger than a regular car. Might be one of the best videos close up of a Tornado I have seen.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Rare?? Super rare!! I never hear of tornados here in México city Ever! I have seen little circular winds, but something this strong is unprecedent.

On youtube everybody was surprise by the courage of the lady that recorded this. She was Ok.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It is Mexico city indeed. How bizarre! a tornado just a few meters away from you in a place where that never happens....until now.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

ok,,thats good,,

well it seems that she pretty much, can make make it through any kind of a dangerous situation,,,

hey NBC CBC ABC FOX
need a reporter with guts,,,
poopy pants ,
but guts

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Tornadoes are not considered rare in Mexico, but generally they are more common in Northern Mexico.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting while reading up on this tornado.

The whirlwind hovered for a while above Tlatelolco, Tenochtitlan's twin city, before moving to the lake where it disappeared. Analyzing the account in the context of Nahua culture and contrasting it with contemporary European descriptions of tornadoes and waterspouts shows that the described phenomenon was a tornado. This conclusion receives further support from eighteenth-and nineteenth-century pictorial and written evidence showing that tornadoes do occur in the territory now occupied by Mexico City. Since the tornado of Tlatelolco predates the Cambridge, Massachusetts, tornado of 1680, it represents the earliest documented tornado in the Americas.

journals.ametsoc.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I love the era of the video cam and cell cam.

Front row, up close and personal. I'm sitting here and suddenly, I'm there! Right there with those people seeing and feeling what they are. Amazing...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

You're lucky you weren't hurt by flying debris. Forget the movie next time and watch you don't get hit by something flying around.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hmmm. Guess they didn't get the tornado drills in school, or the public warning sirens like we have here in tornado alley.

What the heck was she doing outside? I thought it was a man taking the video and she was trying to get him to come in out of danger.

Heck, the other people didn't know to take shelter either?
When did this happen?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

I just wonder how the video OP managed to stay on her feet while the trees were being flattened a few car lengths in front of her. Did she have like Megaman boots on or something?
Crazy video, s&F

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
WOW! I live close to tornado alley, and we run for cover. I am amazed that the person videoed this as the tornado was flipping cars. WOW!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

We never see this kind of phenomena before. People just do not know what to do or what to expect. Even more, it is very difficult to believe is happening!!!

She was just there, in a typical Friday afternoon, waiting for a cab to come, and suddenly trees are going down crossing the street???? What the heck??? Looks like it formed just there and then.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is a comment from the Youtube page.
www.youtube.com...
" Oyeee acaban de poner el audio de tu video en el programa Los desvelados en 98.5 fm, que segun por que se oyen unas "voces" extrañas.. pero mas bien creo es por la definicion de audio de tu cel, igual tapaste el micro y se oyo raro, nose jejeje pero lo van a Analizar, por si es un "lenguaje" oculto ..... como ven? "
Bing translation:
"
Oyeee just put the audio from your video on the program unveiled at 98.5 fm, according to they hear some strange "voices"... but most well I think is by the definition of audio tu cel, like tapaste micro and is rare oyo, nose lol but it will analyze, if it is a hidden "language "... as you can see?"

edit on 6-6-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

TO VIOLATER1

Hi, sorry for my intrusion.

I would appreciate a lot if you could kindly consider my post (01-06-2012)
on the thread you started on 01-05-2012.
If it is a problem to get in touch with me via email, please let me know.

thank you

mabthd

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join