It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Read This Thread ...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by gentledissident

Can you please define "an enlightened lifestyle" for us all?

I am very curious to hear your definition? Thanks. ~$heopleNation

Sure. We treated everyone as a loved one. This came in handy with a cop one night. We studied self sufficiency and allowed our creativity to be part of that. We got by on the basics, yet surrounded ourselves with beautiful creations. We made some interesting candles through experimentation and used them to light the night. We practiced listening to what people were really saying despite their words and responded to that. We were always calm, relaxed and satisfied. We agreed on The Velvet Underground, The Grateful Dead, and Bob Dylan, so they filled the air. We were constantly designing and making things. We used natural and recycled resources. This lifestyle produced a behavior that was pleasant, productive, and pleasant to be around. It was disarming.

After we went our separate ways, I strayed from this lifestyle and paid for it in some horrible ways. I'm now back into enlightenment with my new family. I was still lacking some nuances, but this thread has reminded me. Thanks again, nimbinned.
edit on 5-6-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That sounds like it was a very positive experience for your being. Did this awakening involve the practice of hallucinogens by chance? ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by EncompassAll

I personally can't wait until you ascension folk turn into spirit and vacate the earth. I could use the peace and quiet.

You cant turn in to spirit, you already are spirit. As for the peace and quiet you seek. You can have it anytime you want.
edit on 4-6-2012 by EncompassAll because: (no reason given)

How am I a spirit? I am still alive. As you preach death or ascension, there's a real world happening out there.

Your right that the is real world happening out there but most people do not know anything about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

That sounds like it was a very positive experience for your being. Did this awakening involve the practice of hallucinogens by chance? ~$heopleNation

T&C's forbid any personal use stories.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Originally posted by EncompassAll

I personally can't wait until you ascension folk turn into spirit and vacate the earth. I could use the peace and quiet.

You cant turn in to spirit, you already are spirit. As for the peace and quiet you seek. You can have it anytime you want.
edit on 4-6-2012 by EncompassAll because: (no reason given)

How am I a spirit? I am still alive. As you preach death or ascension, there's a real world happening out there.

Your right that the is real world happening out there but most people do not know anything about it.

The 'world' is not real. You are real. And you have thoughts about the 'world'. Is there anyone who really knows 'the world' in it's entirety? 'The world' is a mental idea. Have you seen or experienced 'the world'?
You have ideas about the world but do you know what is real and not an idea?

edit on 5-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

I find it interesting that so many people feel a change coming.I know I do.Lately I have been naturally letting go of worldly things and doing my best to rid my self of my last addictions.(Damn coffee and cigs)

Anyway although I feel this change coming,I do not know what is going to happen.Change is almost always messy.So I feel that chaos has to come first and in the long run the human race will be better off for it.

I do not feel that ascension happens due to our current location in the galaxy.I do not feel that this sounds natural.To me it sounds like the 1000 year millenium from the bible.Where we spend 1000 yrs in "spirit" form and everything wonderful and we just spend our time learning.

I want to say that it's a beautiful idea,and I would rather that happen than say a poleshift.
edit on 5-6-2012 by AbnormalTruth because: made it look better

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

A yes or no answer is not telling a personal story. It's just answering a question. However, better to not rock the boat I suppose. Anyway, I can remember when I was younger I once attended a Grateful Dead show. I was never a dead head or anything, but I did see them a few times.

Well, everyone knows what goes on out in the parking lot. It's much like when folks tailgate for sporting events, but it's, well let's just say that various aspects of the party are different. Anyway, I did notice a different atmosphere. Not speaking of appearences, but more of a common unity with peace.

I mean, I felt it and it was real. Nothing to do with any action at all. It was just the feeling that nobody meant anyone any harm and that everyone could be trusted, or so you maybe believed. I dunno, but I can tell you that it was nothing like attending a Slayer Death Metal show. ~$heopleNation
edit on 5-6-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I mean, I felt it and it was real. Nothing to do with any action at all. It was just the feeling that nobody meant anyone any harm and that everyone could be trusted, or so you maybe believed. I dunno, but I can tell you that it was nothing like attending a Slayer Death Metal show. ~$heopleNation
edit on 5-6-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

I think you may be referring to "set and setting". What I can tell you is, drugs are not the way to enlightenment.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I am glad to see this thread. I could use some help along these lines. I hope to convey some thoughts here, I will try to keep it brief.

First of all - I too have a tendency to dismiss some of this stuff. But - I have had a very hard life. If I told of all my experiences no one would believe it. It's almost comical it's so bizarre.

So, from that angle - if anything - that shows some truth to these ideas because how could things be so *consistently negative*. It defies the laws of averages, really. And I've often wondered if there isn't something, some entity or - ? trying to 'take me out'. ?

Just a brief over view - I was not wanted by my relatives. This was made clear. These people were not good people *at all* - my one brother is in prison for a violent crime and the other is addicted to hard drugs. This may give you an indication of what sort of 'family' we had. Just awful people. And violent and mean.

I was not treated very well by other children, either.

After this I nearly died several times in accidents.

Then I became determined to make my life better. I worked very hard, put self through school, more than twice - every. single. field. of work I've gone into has gone belly up. It's like I get into it - I must be the black cloud of doom or something.

Still, I was able to hang on somewhat, kept trying. Personal issues wise - no luck here. Betrayed by so called friends, divorced, I've even had a couple people (literally) attempt to kill me.

I persevered. I tried to keep a somewhat positive attitude or at the least not give into the negative thoughts and depression.

About the more recent past - its more of the same, more accidents, an illness that nearly killed me, several of the few friends I had died, it's just never ending.

My Chinese horoscope says I was 'born under a bad sign'. In fact it is SO bad that there is widespread abortion in the East when it comes up - to prevent spirits from having to live under this bad sign.

Onto other thoughts ~ I do not believe in the idea of 'forgiveness'. This makes no sense to me. What, we should just say - OK Charlie Manson - we forgive you - go, be free. Um, no. I believe very much in *forgetting* to be sure, and not dwelling, but there is no way in hell I'm going to forgive certain people. Their actions toward me were just too monstrous.

Because of the recent spate of very bad luck - I have become almost paralyzed. I see several people here touting nature - I even fear this now, as the woods were the scene of the last accident that nearly killed me. I probably have something like PTSD and I drink way too much. But - I'm rather a nervous wreck. And I am very, very disgusted and on the verge of giving up. I look around me and all I see are awful mean people, ugliness, stress, and filth.

I need to make some kind of change here, but I am not sure what to do. I am very, very, tired of trying. I become upset when I see others get what they want without trying at all. I am not obsessed with posessions - but when you are poor - money and things do take on more importance. Security and peace become very important.

It's not always 'things' either - why is it that these people who were so rotten to me - why is it that they get what they want? Not just $ and things - but friends, relationships, good luck - Where is this "Karma" for them?

And what about me? I can honestly say that I have NEVER intentionally hurt another person. I know how it feels, I cannot bring myself to join that.

I am a good person and I've always tried very hard. I had much negativity to overcome, too. But why won't this horrible luck let up on me? Why am I being constantly punished - why?

I am literally near paralyzed with - I don't want to say 'fear' exactly - more like I have lost all hope. Or, the drive to try to make things better because it seems the more I try the worse it gets.

What did I do wrong?

If anyone has any insight into such things, I would appreciate it. I have read everything here with much interest as well.

If there's any Psychics on here that could help me, that would be great too. Maybe you could PM me and I'll give you my b-day and such. I have been told in the past that I was 'born under a bad sign' - and also - that someone had placed a curse on me. I am not sure if I believe in all this - but - something is clearly wrong here, so I don't know.

If it means anything also - I have O - blood and I am highly intelligent. I almost do feel like there is some - thing? trying to take me out. Like I was perhaps created for a purpose and something else is trying its damndest to stop me. My brothers too - ah, but they have been 'neutralized' now.

Any thoughts appreciated.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zinky

I had a similar life, but yours sounds more extreme. My family disowned me. I think I was attracted to manipulative sociopaths because my mother was one.

I understand about forgetting rather than forgiving. There are loads of people I know better than to let back into my life. If you are having trouble discerning honest people like I was, I would suggest heeding warnings and vetting. Perhaps if you can get away from all that, you may be able to see it more clearly and avoid it in the future.

Maybe you could get involved in a "necessary" trade. There are apprentice machinist jobs here in Oklahoma that pay really well. For the moment, I am working in a dry goods store. The pay is not as great, but I have a rich life that requires little income.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage
I really wish I'd obeyed the title.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zinky

I am very, very, tired of trying.

From what you've wrote, I don't doubt this one bit. You've had an extremely hard life, and to not be in either of your brother's positions (in prison or on drugs) is amazing. It truly is. You have my deepest compassion and empathy.

What did I do wrong?

You've done nothing wrong. In fact, you've done exactly what you needed to do. You were handed a bad deck of cards and you made the best hand out of them you could. Yet, there is something you must come to know, which is, you are not 'you'. The story you have laid out is 'you', not you. 'You' is the story, the victim and the victor, the sufferer of tragedy and the one who has overcome these tragedies. This 'you' is just a thought, an accumulation of thoughts to be exact. But it is not you! You have no story.

I have a similar story to yours, although not as traumatic perhaps, at least in some ways. I can use the knowledge (thoughts) accumulated from these experiences to maneuver through life in my own particular way. This is my story and plight, and for most my life I have found egoic joy and satisfaction in this unique story. No one else in my family has witnessed or experienced things like I have. And at the same time, no one in the streets I used to hustle on had come from a family like mine. I liked that part of having a unique story. But it also separated me from everyone/everything else, including peace of mind. I could only connect to other people on very superficial levels such as, economic status, current interests, similar abusive histories, outlooks on life... none of this brought about any true happiness or peace of mind.

If I am this story, and no one else has had the same exact story as me, then I am utterly alone and separated from the world. I can only connect to others on mundane, imperfect and superficial levels. There is nothing but confusion, desperation, fear and anger in that. Realizing this, one either runs away and hides in drugs, sex, work, socialization, or they begin to look intensely at their life with the intention of figuring it all out. Well, in short, nothing is figured out, except that all things are impermanent (including thoughts/memories), attachment causes dissatisfaction, and nothing can be labeled as "self".

You are the awareness which is seeing this story, not the story itself. You are the awareness that is aware of these qualities you have called "me" or "I". This awareness has no qualities of itself though, it is quality-less. Thus, you are not bound by this story you call "me", you are the boundless awareness that is aware of this story. The bounded arises within the boundless. The limited arises within the unlimited. The story arises within the story-less. The victim arises within the victimless. The sufferer arises within the non-sufferer. The 'you' arises within the you. You appear to be the former only due to the mis-perception of reality, but in reality you are the latter on all accounts. See this and be done with the suffering.

Peace friend.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Life is suffering there is no doubt about it.

If you want to be happy fall in love with your strings.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
reply to post by Zinky

I had a similar life, but yours sounds more extreme. My family disowned me. I think I was attracted to manipulative sociopaths because my mother was one.

I understand about forgetting rather than forgiving. There are loads of people I know better than to let back into my life. If you are having trouble discerning honest people like I was, I would suggest heeding warnings and vetting. Perhaps if you can get away from all that, you may be able to see it more clearly and avoid it in the future.

Maybe you could get involved in a "necessary" trade. There are apprentice machinist jobs here in Oklahoma that pay really well. For the moment, I am working in a dry goods store. The pay is not as great, but I have a rich life that requires little income.

Thanks for your reply

It's odd that you mention machinist jobs too - because one of the fields I was in was - manufacturing. I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, that was my first time through school.

Speaking of which - I also have alot of unusual coincidences happen to me. Funny that you mention that.

I'm not entirely sure if I am "attracted to sociopathic personalities" so to speak - because the people I've met who've really screwed me over - they have little to nothing in common. Everyone puts up a good front, too. It's so hard to tell with people ~

But of course this is why we do need to try to 'vet' people as best we can.

Oh I just thought of something that may be a 'tip' - I have noticed that animals can kind of 'sense' people - I try to watch that. Do dogs as example wag tails and are happy to see the person? Or do they kind of back away ~
I watch this now, with people - how animals react to them.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I am very aware of the fact that drugs are no path to enlightenment. That wasn't the point other than when I asked you the question that you chose to not answer. That is not a big deal though.

Setting had nothing to do with it. It was just a general feeling and understanding of the others attitudes. I was trying to relate to your feeling that you had while in the company of your enlightened friends because to tell yuh the truth, to me, being so-called enlightened amounts to nothing more than having an inflated ego.

Don't mind me though, I am just currently working on different techniques in order to more easily bring to the surface my inner negativity.
~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Look ive explained it and you just dont get it. We could continue on the merry-go-round. Or we can agree that you are quite happy with whe world as detected by your senses, Ive looked beyond that and see it for what it really is.

Nice talking to you.
edit on 5-6-2012 by EncompassAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Thanks much for your thoughts as well! Some good ideas, I will think over all carefully.

Yes, we will keep on keeping on

I often wonder about the saying - "God tests those he loves the most". I am not really religious, but I wonder about this - what it may mean.

I do know some people also - who 'keep going' so to speak - but they have gone to "the dark side" for lack of a better way to say - where they seemingly just live to make others just as miserable as they are.

This is no "reason for living" as far as I'm concerned. You've just stooped to the level of the other rotten people, and you live in a mental and spiritual turmoil.

I have often thought - reading about various religions and philosophies is kind of a pass time of mine - well there is this idea among Wiccans or sim - where they say that if you try to curse someone else, wish them harm, you will get 3 times that come back on you.

Well I have often thought about this idea, and what it might mean is - it is a metaphor for the 'inner turmoil' you bring to yourself by feeling angry and jealous of others.

I do try to keep reasonably positive. And if not, at least "neutral". I try not to be jealous of others, either, it is pointless.

I cannot bring myself to be a jerk and a user like others, either. It's not right.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well my fear of heights keeps me from ascending, but I hear you.

It's kind of like saying "if you want to lose weight, eat less food".

Thanks.

link   
I like your post and agree with most of it

But, I don't believe people need help or treatment from so-called professionals when they have issues. Therapy often leads to medication, and speaking from experience, because I used to take meds and all my friends now take meds--they aren't the answer. They can numb your mind, make you see illusions, and even alter your mind's chemistry forever, and over time, your body becomes so dependent on the meds, you won't be able to function without them. You should never be dependent on a substance unless you're in extreme need of it--if you're a Skitso or something serious like that.

Find God, and everything in your post will happen, weather the rest of the world awakens or not.

link   

being so-called enlightened amounts to nothing more than having an inflated ego.

I was very egotistical before my enlightenment. I fell back into the transcendentalism after meeting one of my roommate's "projects". This is where we parted company. My ego remained out of control for years no matter how many times I got destroyed by it

Let me tell you, transcendentalism is a powerful drug. I sometimes have flashbacks that pull me back when the weather is just right. I imagine this is the world that The Masons live in. I can see how a group like that would keep the ego in check.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join