It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Read This Thread ...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Therapy often leads to medication

Yes, find a psychologist and not a psychiatrist. Better yet, find some enlightened friends.

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Find God, and everything in your post will happen, weather the rest of the world awakens or not.

Please, don't rely on wishful thinking and imaginary friends. Please, find your true self. It is our true self. Learn to use it productively. It will take critical mass to change the world, not a miracle.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zinky
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I often wonder about the saying - "God tests those he loves the most". I am not really religious, but I wonder about this - what it may mean.

Wow. I thought God loved every creation equally. This gives credence to my belief. We skewer acts we cannot comprehend to meet our religious appetite. Since we can't contemplate that a loving God would not step in to stop a child from dying a horrible death, we say it's "God's will". Or it's just such a mystery what the big guy has planned for us, let's just accept this senseless act.

Because we are self aware we naturally fear death. How can we then make death not the end of our existence? We invent a creator who makes sure that our terrestrial life isn't the end of our existence. We make sure that we can take comfort in the "fact" that those who have died but were important to us will be with us again.

I find many Catholics will say the following: "Mom is looking after us" and then in another statement they will say "if only Mom could see you in that dress" and then say "Mom WOULD have wanted it that way". Even in their reference to their dead mother they contradict what it means to be in an afterlife.

I'm not saying I have all of the answers, but I do have lots of questions.......

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i agree with all you said op but the only thing holding me back is money I am unfortunately one of millions out of work with a family mortage etc.. I would love to do as you suggest however I have bills to pay so until I win the lottery I have no choice but to be a capitalist corporate slave/whore to the economy and society just like everybody else
edit on 5-6-2012 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You crawl out of the cave and stand up. A large chasm yawns before you. The other side is to far to jump and there is no bridge or rope nearby. At your feet lies a magic wand.

Get wand.

Ok

Wave wand.

A large crystal bridge spans the chasm!

Cross bridge.

A hideous little dwarf attacks you with an axe and kills you...

Game over.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zinky
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Thanks much for your thoughts as well! Some good ideas, I will think over all carefully.

Yes, we will keep on keeping on

I often wonder about the saying - "God tests those he loves the most". I am not really religious, but I wonder about this - what it may mean.

I do know some people also - who 'keep going' so to speak - but they have gone to "the dark side" for lack of a better way to say - where they seemingly just live to make others just as miserable as they are.

This is no "reason for living" as far as I'm concerned. You've just stooped to the level of the other rotten people, and you live in a mental and spiritual turmoil.

I have often thought - reading about various religions and philosophies is kind of a pass time of mine - well there is this idea among Wiccans or sim - where they say that if you try to curse someone else, wish them harm, you will get 3 times that come back on you.

Well I have often thought about this idea, and what it might mean is - it is a metaphor for the 'inner turmoil' you bring to yourself by feeling angry and jealous of others.

I do try to keep reasonably positive. And if not, at least "neutral". I try not to be jealous of others, either, it is pointless.

I cannot bring myself to be a jerk and a user like others, either. It's not right.

Right, I feel you. The Buddha said, "We are not punished FOR our anger, but BY our anger.", similar to what the wiccans said I guess. However, what is most important is not striving to be good, or happy, or righteous, but rather to go beyond all these dualistic qualities. Find out the sources of these, first. There is no good without bad, no happy without despair, no righteousness without unrighteousness... and so on. They are inexplicably bound together. So trying to remain positive is better than trying to be negative, of course, but it is also a rather futile attempt since there must be negativity for there to be positivity. Better than striving to be either of these is going beyond this paradigm completely. The deeply confused and troubled man seeks to be negative, the moderately confused and troubled man seeks to be positive, the wise and untroubled man does not seek to become anything because he recognizes he already is beyond all dualistic polarities such as negative and positive.

Here is a good metaphor I once heard: A knife has two parts, the blade and the handle. When you pick up a knife, do you pick up just the blade without the handle or do you pick up just the handle without the blade? No, neither can be true. When you pick up either end, you are picking up both ends, the entire knife. This is the same as good/bad, positive/negative... By 'picking up' one, you are picking up both. That is why it is better to go beyond these things completely. We do this, again, by recognizing that the awareness which is seeing these dualistic qualities is itself not a dualistic quality, it is whole, non-dual. It is beyond positive/negative, good/bad... Nothing needs to be done to make this awareness whole, non-dual, because it already is. All that must be done is to clear away our mistaking perceptions of reality, in other words, our ignorance. I suggest you look into Advaita Vedanta (non-dual) or Buddhism. Look up Mooji on youtube and download some eBooks by Ajahn Chah.

Peace friend.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yes.
Thank you
Love to all,
--Pisces

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by gentledissident

Can you please define "an enlightened lifestyle" for us all?

I am very curious to hear your definition? Thanks. ~$heopleNation

Sure. We treated everyone as a loved one. This came in handy with a cop one night. We studied self sufficiency and allowed our creativity to be part of that. We got by on the basics, yet surrounded ourselves with beautiful creations. We made some interesting candles through experimentation and used them to light the night. We practiced listening to what people were really saying despite their words and responded to that. We were always calm, relaxed and satisfied. We agreed on The Velvet Underground, The Grateful Dead, and Bob Dylan, so they filled the air. We were constantly designing and making things. We used natural and recycled resources. This lifestyle produced a behavior that was pleasant, productive, and pleasant to be around. It was disarming.

After we went our separate ways, I strayed from this lifestyle and paid for it in some horrible ways. I'm now back into enlightenment with my new family. I was still lacking some nuances, but this thread has reminded me. Thanks again, nimbinned.
edit on 5-6-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

That's a cool story Dissident, thanks for sharing.

I did a similar thing with my partner, but she wasn't so in to it, like me. I lived a pure yogic (sattvic) lifestyle for about 3 years, without a care in the world. I had some money and didn't need to work. Lived in a shack in the hills surrounded by the most amazing natural energy - the place was literally buzzing. I was able to channel it into my spiritual practices. My partner eventually had to leave because she couldn't process it.

Thanks for your kind words and contributions. I haven't been able to participate as much as I wanted in this thread because of work commitments.

Peace Out - Spread the Love

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Where is this place you speak of?

i like nimbin/lismore area. Please if you will list to me some locations of natural energy within australia

edit on 6-6-2012 by Th0r because: Details

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r
Where is this place you speak of?

i like nimbin/lismore area. Please if you will list to me some locations of natural energy within australia

edit on 6-6-2012 by Th0r because: Details

When I was in retreat it was on the western side of the Nimbin Rocks ridge/valley. The energy coming down this valley accumulated around the area I was living. The shack was established with lots of beautiful gardens and a day bed that faced the northern sun in winter. I would sit there and watch everything glow. Have some pretty amazing photos too, if I could find them.

Where I live now is on the other side of the ridge. The energy is much more peaceful and laid back (feng shui is perfect), which is great because I work full time in a stressful industry and need to chill big time when I get home.

If you don't know already, Northern NSW and across the border in to Queensland is an ancient volcanic caldera - about 50 000 hectares BIG. Anywhere whithin this region is magick, that's why so many people dream of living here. Byron Bay is also pretty special but is now over run with Backpackers and snobby wannabes.

Other places I have visited in Australia which I think have a great natural energy would be Esperence or Margaret River in WA, The Grampians in Victoria, Snowy Mountains near Canberra, South West region of Tasmania, Daintree in Northern Qld. Of course there's also the desert regions but I have not explored these. I do have a wish to spend 2 weeks alone in the Simpson desert just meditating on the stars at night.

Hope this helps

Peace Out - Ned

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i'm from tassie, went to a spot on south west coast only acsess by 4Wd & helicopter aaamazing
loved south west coast of WA! love Nimbin but always smoke too much i think and litchfield nat park is real nice too! i keep wanting more though!

It does helP have some new spots too visit thanks x
edit on 6-6-2012 by Th0r because: Thank you

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by reflexlm

Crystal healing, energy vortexes, yoga, subjugating the mind, sun-gazing, and other hokey New Age mumbo-jumbo are entirely useless when it comes to anything beyond a "tingly sensation." The reason they make you feel "tingly" and like something might be happening, is because somewhere inside you're actually embarrassed to be doing these ridiculous things. The real connection between mind, body, and spirit doesn't come from herbals, crystals, or a medical intuitive. It comes from actively seeking who you are, and demonstrating your morals and ethics in the real world. Being true to yourself is the road to spiritual wholeness.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Beautiful thread Nimbinned, and I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. I think we are of a quite a similar mindset for I wrote a thread along the same vein as this one a little while ago which you may be interested in checking out.

The Polarization of the Masses

Can't believe I've only just discovered it now and so far I've only read your OP.

S&F

edit on 9/6/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't know but sometimes when I ponder on "life is menaingless",I get excited and its sounds liberating lol.

~~~~
edit on 9-6-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
Beautiful thread Nimbinned, and I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. I think we are of a quite a similar mindset for I wrote a thread along the same vein as this one a little while ago which you may be interested in checking out.

The Polarization of the Masses

Can't believe I've only just discovered it now and so far I've only read your OP.

S&F

edit on 9/6/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

Hello my friend,

I read your post, and it was like everything you wrote was being poured straight out of my higher consciousness. Freaky stuff indeed. You certainly have a flare for expressing complex concepts using the English language, which I find extremely limiting.

I just posted another thread in Relationships if you want to check out and give me some feedback. I know that you will have some wise words on this topic.

Namaste

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What are their great and marvelous plans for Homo Sapiens?

Only guessing here, but I think they want to take our Souls away for the energy, and use the bodies for slaves.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join