It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea UFO Anomaly: US and Russian Military, Blocking Research Team.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

On Lake Vostok: well, a very strange silence from russian scientists...

edit on 4-6-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

no sht, there's a huge magnetic anomaly there, they are lying to us and keeping alot of information covered up from the public. UFO base if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

The poor OP really got booted in the nuts with this one, didn't he? In no time at all the Deny Ignorance experts had him cornered when it was revealed that the BALTOPS sea exercise first started in 1971, so it obviously was not created to prevent any exploration, or discourage curious tourists.
The second kick in the stones was the insistance that the anomaly was definitely a rock formation, an upside down battleship gun turret that had been lost, or the Millenium Falcon after a bad landing. Haha nothing to see here, move along now.

Now I don't know the pros and cons of this supposed undersea object, or whatever, but I do know this-

In 1951 the US Naval Oceanographic Office commenced Project Magnet, which used converted aircraft carrying scientists and top secret electronic equipment to create magnetic maps of the world's oceans, rumoured at the time to be to enable the US Military to track Soviet submarines by the changes their presence would make to the magnetic maps. It would also have found every single undersea magnetic anomaly on the planet, by the time the project was completed, in the late 1960s. (This project is not to be confused with the alleged Canadian one of similar name).
So if there is 'something' down there, or anywhere else, they knew about it a long time ago, long before the end of the cold war, so it will be well guarded and well concealed.

Deny Ignorance? My ass! Mehehehehe.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by VeniVidi

post by VeniVidi
No one knows what is down there

I think we do , just some people don't want to accept whats staring them in the face , hence a gazillion threads on what is just a geological anomaly .
Three threads on this on the front page alone ... Ignorance is indeed bliss

edit on 4-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

Well thats what happens when people start threads based on assumptions and not looking for facts

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyinghaggis

In 1951 the US Naval Oceanographic Office commenced Project Magnet, which used converted aircraft carrying scientists and top secret electronic equipment to create magnetic maps of the world's oceans, rumoured at the time to be to enable the US Military to track Soviet submarines by the changes their presence would make to the magnetic maps. It would also have found every single undersea magnetic anomaly on the planet, by the time the project was completed, in the late 1960s. (This project is not to be confused with the alleged Canadian one of similar name).
So if there is 'something' down there, or anywhere else, they knew about it a long time ago, long before the end of the cold war, so it will be well guarded and well concealed.

Deny Ignorance? My ass! Mehehehehe.

That sucks, and the worst part about it is that all of us are paying the tax money that funds the military to coverup all this stuff...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all. I suspected something like this. We are deemed too insignificant to be told the truth. Shame...I was especially interested in this anomaly.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Apparently, they duo started the divings just this months, if I remember it correctly, or if it was May, I am not sure.
In either case, I have several times since wondered if the public will be allowed to get any update on this story whatsoever, or if it will just fall into silence, as usual.

If it would fall into silence, it is however still possible to contact the persons behind the project and ask for answers. They seemed to be very honestly interested and serious guys, so I think contacting them, in the above events, would be the best.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Sounds like the new movie "Battleship" where a naval exercise is happening....

Next thing you know...the alien ship comes out of the water and attacks the world

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm sure someone else said this already but I'm willing to bet it turns out to be a 1847 Russian ship...they are round and have features very close to what we are seeing...UFO's don't stay hidden for very long boys and girls and most of the really old crashes where found and recovered by clifford stone and his crew back in the 60s 70s and 80s...the last were found in the 90s and early 2000s after satellites found them...its a Russian Warship from the 1800s...watch and see

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I,ve been racking my brains for the term that best describes this type of visual anomaly.

" PAREIDOLIA "

( I think I,ve spelt it correctly...)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762
The USS Jimmy Cater is a Seawolf class submarine built specifically to lurk and quietly sit still on the ocean floor to physically work on things on the ocean floor. Just throwing it out there as pure speculation.
en.wikipedia.org...(SSN-23)

I would think any vessel named after Jimmy Carter would be built specifically to do absolutely nothing.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
The Baltops 2012 NATO/Russia naval exercise in the Baltic Sea will take place in the territorial waters of Germany, Poland, Lithuania, and Estonia, all NATO members. Much of the activity seems to center around the Polish port of Gdynia. I find no mention of Sweden or its territorial waters. This is not surprising, as Sweden is not a member of NATO.

I was part of Baltops back in...um 85? gosh it was a long time ago. Those waters are-very- crowded with all kinds of traffic (air, surface, subsurface, civs and military) and we got buzzed several times by Swedish Viggens. I have no doubt this is a story cooked up for publisty, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum

Originally posted by NoRemorse762
The USS Jimmy Cater is a Seawolf class submarine built specifically to lurk and quietly sit still on the ocean floor to physically work on things on the ocean floor. Just throwing it out there as pure speculation.
en.wikipedia.org...(SSN-23)

I would think any vessel named after Jimmy Carter would be built specifically to do absolutely nothing.

How about the Gerald R. Ford class??
en.wikipedia.org...
A few presidents in here as well.
en.wikipedia.org...

Don't let presidential names fool you. Generally if if ship is named after a president its built to do some serious work, whether they were a lame duck or not.
edit on 5-6-2012 by NoRemorse762 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The Russian round ships, the Admiral Popov, and the Novgorod, were each about 30 meters in diameter, or only about half the size of the disk reportedly lying at the bottom of the Baltic Sea. There were launched in 1874, not 1847. There is no evidence of their ever having visited the Baltic Sea.
***** If the attempt to connect the current Baltops Naval exercise with the 'Disk' story was a publicity stunt, it was presumably the work of the one newspaper that produced an article making such a connection. I've heard of no such claims that were made by the Ocean Explorer firm or its owners Dennis Asberg, and Peter Lindberg.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Two scenarios:

1. The Russians and American military are there because it is indeed a Russian vessel. They would not allow anyone else in the area because it is russian property, and because it could potentially be very dangerous were any rounds of ammunition from that time period still in storage. While this may not be a recent wreck, naval exercises are common in this area, thus more wreckage than this may be found in the future.

2. (for the UFO people) It's one of the 4 "flying saucer" craft brought over to the US after WW2 and Nazi Germany. The Russians also took this technology away with them (as widely speculated, thus why the US and Russians tried both building them soon after). WIth both nations involved it's only understandable why they both have a presence in the area.

How's that?

The rock formation idea? Not likely, not with the stretch of displaced seabed.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
The Russian round ships, the Admiral Popov, and the Novgorod, were each about 30 meters in diameter, or only about half the size of the disk reportedly lying at the bottom of the Baltic Sea. There were launched in 1874, not 1847. There is no evidence of their ever having visited the Baltic Sea.
***** If the attempt to connect the current Baltops Naval exercise with the 'Disk' story was a publicity stunt, it was presumably the work of the one newspaper that produced an article making such a connection. I've heard of no such claims that were made by the Ocean Explorer firm or its owners Dennis Asberg, and Peter Lindberg.

The Ocean explorer team have aknowledged what was genuine speculation about the Russian round ships, and there were at least three, and your right, they are too small, as the team have said. They are all deemed to have been scrapped on land, or harbour anyway. It was a decent enough theory until the estimated size was known notwithstanding the recorded scrappings, as is the gun turrets, but there is still the difference of size. If the estimated size is wrong, ( but these guys should be familiar with their technology) then it is still open to speculation, and that's the point, the ocean explorer team seem to think that this is something unusual, dare I say in their experience. This is what Lindberg said back a while,

"Peter Lindberg, one of the organizers of the effort in the Baltic, said they thought about Popov’s ships and decided they were too small."

“The information we have got is that the largest of these odd round ships were approximately 35-37 meters [about 115-120 feet] across,” he said in an email from Stockholm. “The circle is 55-60 meters across. Of course, there might be a possibility that the Russians constructed a larger round ship, which no one knows anything about today. If it is that, well then we have the explanation. I think, though, that it is a bigger chance that the circle being a natural phenomena rather than a Novgorod-ship, just my opinion.”

I think his perspective is about right. (source ABC news)

abcnews.go.com...

There is a better view in the grey scale picture at that link.

edit on 5-6-2012 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yeah there is something about this guy I don't trust, he is far to willing to believe it's something un-worldly, the first thing he thought was hey this is a UFO ! I think most sane people would have thought hey what a peculiar formation, this merrits a closer look ! Not this guy, he has got himself a sub to take tourists down to see his amazing find, so amazing he has no idea what it is, and I bet it will cost a pretty penny to go down and see this mildly peculiar looking formation !

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So when will we know exactly what this is? There's been a slew of speculation, and no forthcoming of truth. Anyone know if and or when hard facts will be released?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
So when will we know exactly what this is? There's been a slew of speculation, and no forthcoming of truth. Anyone know if and or when hard facts will be released?

We will not know for sometime. If anyone here has taken time out to actually follow the undersea team's tweets, they'll see that they made a partnership with tv studios, as well as links to every major newscast including the term "ufo."

Clear to see it is being milked.

Anyways, they've left to reach the destination again, they've been out to sea for days now in rough weather.
That was 5 days ago.
edit on 5-6-2012 by SoulVisions because: spelling bee stung me.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

We will not know for sometime. If anyone here has taken time out to actually follow the undersea team's tweets, they'll see that they made a partnership with tv studios, as well as links to every major newscast including the term "ufo."

Clear to see it is being milked.

Anyways, they've left to reach the destination again, they've been out to sea for days now in rough weather.
That was 5 days ago.
edit on 5-6-2012 by SoulVisions because: spelling bee stung me.

Sorry what's their twitter account?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Saw this on another thread.

www.oceanexplorer.se...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join