It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolution

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by ButterCookie
The same way that people should not automatically discount other 'theories', such as the Ancient Alien Theory.

In my opinion, it is actually more intelligent to disbelieve in evolution (for human origin) because the theory is too flawed, and there is little to no evidence for it. For the record, I too disbelieve in this theory to explain the sudden emergence of the human being on the scene.

There was no "sudden appearance" of anything in the theory of evolution. Please tell me where you got this idea so I can send a passive aggressive letter to them.

You have failed to provide any proof about this absolute fact that you want us to believe, but yet come off as an expert. News for you scooter, no one is denying that evolution exists, people deny that we exist because of evolution, huge difference. The theory of evolution has more holes in it than many care to admit.

It's far from proven. Until you prove it, which you refused to do, shut it.
edit on 3-6-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pepeluacho
This should be a good thing!

Those who reject evolution, feel very strongly about their God theory!

However, those who believe in evolution bear the burden of truth and therefore accept they are instilling change thus requiring an explanation. In other words, we who give credit to Darwin must always explain ourselves as religion has been here first.

Ron Paul's view is the right choice for his campaign. This means he secures those resistant to evolution as well as those resistant to religion solely based on the fact that those whom believe in evolution must also believe in tolerance.

Smart move old man, you've got my vote! Thank You for posting this video!

What I find interesting is that we've reached the same basic conclusion (i.e. that this was a good response to the question by RP, and that he's the best candidate for the job of US President) for completely different reasons, and perceiving the world theologically different. I was not raised with any religion, nor have I ever practiced any religion. That's not to say I'm without a soul or spiritual awareness, I was just encouraged to figure that stuff out on my own. On the other hand, you come across as a Christian (which is totally cool) and thus likely have a very different world view than I do in regards to matters of faith. But regardless of our theological differences, we both understand that Ron Paul and the ideas he promotes are what's right for the People. Live your life as you choose, and avoid interfering with the lives chosen by others. It sounds so simple, but that's really what it's all about.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

There is micro evolution just as Darwin suggested. Creatures adapt to there environment to survive, and beneficail adaptations are carried onto the next generation. Do I think bats evolved from blue whales? BAHAHAHAHA!

Remember this quote when anyone who pushes better living though government in all "effort" that been pushed it has always remained a theory.

Creatures do adapt to their environment and some people are trying to change the environment to suit the individual which has been an epic failure.

I Do not believe in Ron Paul in fact the American Political discussion's has proved de-evolution.

edit on 3-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Who cares, he's a politician, good for him, at least he knows what he believes, unlike some dumb politicians with their finger in the wind to test public sentiment and then pander to it.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

You have failed to provide any proof about this absolute fact that you want us to believe, but yet come off as an expert.

I came off as an expert? Really? Cool.

News for you scooter, no one is denying that evolution exists, people deny that we exist because of evolution, huge difference.

Not really...

The theory of evolution has more holes in it than many care to admit.

Surely it has holes, it is uncompleted. That doesn't discredit it.

It's far from proven. Until you prove it, which you refused to do, shut it.

Evolution happens that is fact. The only thing up for debate are details and such.

I will "Prove" evolution to you. Tell me what you accept as proof.
edit on 3-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow! I am very surprised.

No absolute proof for evolution?

I guess fossil records in sedimentary layers and the technique to date those layers don't count.

Interesting though, that evolution does not rule out a creator or a designer. The fact that the laws of nature are such that life comes about from its processes is a strong point.

I guess he is right In that nobody can know anything for sure.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I saw a thread earlier deriding people that didn't like Paul and blathering on about how many idiots there are in America that believe in Creationism. Guess who else does? Ronnie believes that evolution is just a theory (implying a theory isn't kinda a big deal - you know, gravity etc...) but will you die hards fault him for it? Of course not.

Yes...I do fault him for it.

He's still got my vote but belief in religion and religious traditions/teachings is the very definition of poor critical thinking.

...and the day there is an atheist Fed-ending candidate Ron Paul will lose my vote.

Until then...*shrugs*

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
*FACEPALM*

Ohhhh Ron Paul. He's agreeable in many ways, but farrr from perfect. Some of his right-wing tendencies (like not believing in the Theory of Evolution or believing in voodoo economics and the insanity that is completely de-regulated Capitalism) are a huge political turnoff for me.

Someone needs to point Ron Paul to this site:

www.notjustatheory.com...

edit on 3-6-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Next thread by the Ron Paul bashers - Ron Paul is a Reptilian.

The establishment is throwing everything at him.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Evolution , to explain human origin,is not a fact.
It's actually more closer to evolution plus intelligent design (advanced race of ET).
Genetic Engineering.

I don't believe that the two theories are mutually exclusive. Darwin's theory does a wonderful job proving that the process of evolution does, in fact, exist everywhere in nature. It is this very slow and gradual change to the DNA in response to changing conditions that has given us the abundance of life that we have on this planet (not to mention all the extinct life-forms, and those yet to evolve). The only problem with Darwin's theory is that it doesn't explain the extremely rapid development of the human brain and consciousness as homo sapiens first appeared in history at nearly the same time as homo neanderthalensis, and co-existed with them as a separate species until the neanderthalensis died out 30,000-40,000 years ago. Behaviorally-modern homo sapiens came about some 50,000 years ago (what is referred to as the Dawn of Man or Creation), bearing the most important trait that we all have, the one that makes us different from all the other forms of life on this planet; mind and consciousness. So, even though Darwin's Theory of Evolution tells 99% of the story, it cannot explain the remaining 1%, which is actually 99% of the Big Picture. (think of that 1% as the tiny, unexpected, plot-twisting piece of information that brings all of the elements of a great suspense novel into focus, allowing you to finally see everything)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Religion and Science should have nothing to do with electing a President. Would you be worried about him knowing the constitution or having a religion? Seriously are you people absolutely deluded? Religion should have no place in Politics.

"Yeah we were worried about our constitutional rights, our liberty and of course this electorate would have been perfect for our country securing the freedom our forefathers sought to protect, but, then he said he believed in Seaweed Gods. Now we can't have someone who 'will' politically free 'us' from tyranny, he believes in something I don't!? Lets vote for someone with a strong religious background, who knows absolutely everything about my religion, and I don't care if he knows nothing about the constitution because he's my religious buddy." This story is fictional, but can be used as a model for fact.

My Prime Minister has no religion, relied on the Christian Lobby and gives all our bloody money away.

Do I care she has no religion, no.

Do I care she used the Christian Lobby, slightly because she used a religious group to secure more votes.

I absolutely care that she gave our money away (for various reasons).

If Ron Paul can provide you a better tomorrow and protect your constitutional rights and freedoms why would you make a decision based on his religion? An intelligent person would vote for him because of his political awareness and ability to uphold the rights of a nation and its people. This means protecting your right to religion and free speech, all that stuff in politics religion didn't create....

This thread is a pointless slander exercise remnant of a paid shill. Don't be distracted by religion, focus on the guy who wants to protect your ability to be spiritual. (Dear Christians, if you believe law should only allow one religion, your not christian).

If religion is all it takes for a free country to go blind, Spaghetti Monster save us all.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Just a stupid theory, like gravity.
reply to post by Domo1

Um, The theory of evolution is a Theory. Gravity is a fact. No one ever says, "the theory of gravity" when describing gravity, it simply IS. The evidence to support gravity is founded in irrefutable mathematical principals and observable data.

Although popular theory; evolution is a theory nonetheless and just because it is part of public school curriculum makes it no more so. Even Darwin was not "sold" on his own theory and whilst some observations were made, there are many holes in his theory that science had and has yet to fill.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Is it me or has this thread fallen prey to being off topic, Gravity has no relation to Ron Paul in 'this thread'. We are not conversing about Evolution on its own.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Strainz because: f

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Ya awesome post of part of his response. I'm sure the rest of what he had to say wasn't pertinent anyways...right?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart
Although popular theory; evolution is a theory nonetheless and just because it is part of public school curriculum makes it no more so. Even Darwin was not "sold" on his own theory and whilst some observations were made, there are many holes in his theory that science had and has yet to fill.

There are quite a few things taught in US public schools that are merely theory or, as I like to call it, imaginative retelling. Only 4% of the annual Federal Budget goes to education (while 24% goes to defense) so it really shouldn't be all that surprising that the curriculum isn't an accurate representation of human knowledge.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is actually quite an interesting debate. For one, it once again shows how dedicated Ron Paul is to principles or beliefs in this matter - The only reason I think Ron Paul does not accept evolution is in order for him to have a firm belief in creationism, he can't accept that the environment dictated diversity, but rather that it was all created by a creator all at once. - It shows he is not a flip flopper.

Interestingly enough, this question can only be relevant to the presidency if that is their views on the Education System - Which Ron Paul is trying to dismantle. Now some anti-Pauls would say that this is precisely the tactic a Creationist-Libertarian would want, so that people can discriminate science in certain classrooms (predominately in the south) - However this is also exactly what freedom is - These are slightly grey areas in Religion mainly because culture, ironically, is evolving - (abortion, gay marriage, Intelligent design) where people are just going to disagree until they no longer have a reason to disagree.

edit on 3-6-2012 by juveous because: meh

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

The scientific definition of theory is not the same as the layman definition of theory. A scientific theory is a body of work that is capable of making consistently accurate predictions based on empirical observation. Gravity and evolution are both capable of doing this, as are germ theory, information theory, and cell theory. However if we want to argue semantics I could point out that it's not called the theory of evolution. It's actually called the modern evolutionary synthesis.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ron Paul believes in god so who do you think his vp nom. will be, the Easter Bunny or Santa Clause? Personally i'm hoping he picks Santa, i think Santa will bring some much needed love to Congress.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

he never said hes a christian just that he belives in a creator,that could be a very wide variety of beliefs.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Wow - a politician speaks his mind and doesn't give some dumb regurgitated answer from the playbook.

I love Ron Paul. He is exactly what this country needs. Thus, we'll never know the pleasure of having him lead us.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join