It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolution

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by RSF77

It really should bother you that this guy doesn't believe in evolution. He's a wacko. Also stop calling this a troll thread. It's not.

Is that supposed to be a spell or something?

Or is it you have been doing this for so long, you somehow tell yourself you're no longer baiting or trolling? If you wanted to make a thread condemning his opinion of choice of words, so be it. But you insulted, a lot. It wasn't enough for you there, either, so you decided to start insulting people you expect to have a discussion with.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The fact is there is NOT ONE single instance of cross species evolution, ever. There are some proven instances of ADAPTATION but evolution is merely a theory. Forget the missing link for man - there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE of ANY living being adapting into another species. Period.

So until someone shows any proof of ANY species EVOLVING into another, it is merely a theory and opinion. So, since this basic point is completely missing, how can you fault someone for not buying into it?

I know, I know - your anti-christian therefore pro evolution and feel obligated to flame anyone not following your brainwashed opinions.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This post is just for you and threads like this: I'm pissed!! (political trolls and hacks),

"We can only assume that these people have no concern for our site or our members who are interested in real dialogue on the issues."

Waste of time irrelevant thread!

"MY GOD (or lack of) IS BETTER THAN YOUR GOD!!!"

Why do you care? Ron Paul will not be the president. Find something relevant to troll for.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by Domo1

Evolution has countless flaws, believing in it with every ounce of your consciousness is just as ignorant as believing in creationism with the same mentality.

Ron Paul is one of the rare intellects that leaves everything on the fence.

ah i think evolution is fact, technology builds on itself. you had to have a wired phone before a cordless phone. but that real question is evolution really random? i have my doubts over that

Evolution and change is a fundamental basis of our time controlled reality. However i am referring to how humans got to where we are today. There is a missing link we are yet to discover.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Your vendetta against Ron Paul is funny, to say the least. I disagree with him on this point, and a few others, but will still be voting for him.

Also, people need to stop throwing around the word "theory" all willy-nilly. A theory, in science, is a hypothesis that is generally accepted by the scientific community. It does not make it fact, or even close. You either agree with the conclusion, or you don't, but you don't "have faith in it" like you do a deity, or a religion. Stop treating evolution like a religion on it's own.

For all anyone knows, an almighty, all-knowing deity did in fact create single cell organisms and the mechanics of evolution. This in no way disproves creationism, as He would have known where it would have ended up (omniscient) and made it to be that way (omnipotent).

In any case, I don't mind religion - it's their fanclubs I can't stand. That said, someone's belief in something isn't going to make me support their policies, ideas, or suggestions any less. His belief, or disbelief, in anything doesn't in any way, shape or form, have anything to do with how good of a president he would be. It's like saying Donald Trump doesn't know anything about running a business because he believes in UFOS (not saying he does, just forming an analogy).

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I saw a thread earlier deriding people that didn't like Paul and blathering on about how many idiots there are in America that believe in Creationism. Guess who else does? Ronnie believes that evolution is just a theory (implying a theory isn't kinda a big deal - you know, gravity etc...) but will you die hards fault him for it? Of course not.

Gravity? gravity isn't a theory - there is a theory of gravity, but that isn't gravity itself, it's only an attempt to explain WHY there is gravity... Kinda like people are here - that's undeniable - but there are competing theories to explain WHY people are here.

I can't imagine caring what Paul, Romney, or Obama think on their personal time. I can't see what difference it makes unless they try to pass a law to make evolution stop happening... THAT would get a little trippy!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by definity
Evolution can NOT be scientifically proven though, it is based upon several assumptions, so saying Evolution is a theory is correct. its just as much a theory as Creationism except Evolution has more fact to back it up.

No. no no no

Darwin's theory of evolution is nothing more than the observation that simple forms of life move towards more complex forms of life. That observation is affirmed again and again by science.

A scientific theory is NOT the same thing as a guess.

www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com...
edit on 3-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

Which race is more evolved than the others or are they all evolved equally?

If Evolution is true, then should we, like Margaret Sanger, practice eugenics to help it along?

If Evolution is true, then should we, like Adolf Hitler sterilize or eliminate the inferior people to help it along?
edit on 4-6-2012 by CharlesMartel because: Added questions

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Which race is more evolved than the others or are they all evolved equally?

We, along with every other animal on the planet, have all evolved together. We are all equally evolved.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Well Kiddo, hate to be the one to try to clue you, in since I am certain its a waste of my time but, if you believe this planet and life on this planet are all the result of strictly natural processes without the help and influence of higher forms of life (some would call God or Gods) then you are living in a very tiny soap bubble and what scares me is people like you drive cars and have access to flammable materials.

For those a bit further up the line on awareness of the facts and even basic common sense, whether we call the Creator or Creators of this planet "God" or "Gods" may not really matter now that we are past the stages of living in caves and worshiping the Sun etc. The evidence is everywhere that much more advanced beings have been all over this planet for millions of years so, don't be too quick to judge based on the messengers; look around and judge for yourselves..or don't, it really does bother me knowing there are so many idiots walking around as long as they stay the hell away from me and mine.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

The fact is there is NOT ONE single instance of cross species evolution, ever. There are some proven instances of ADAPTATION but evolution is merely a theory. Forget the missing link for man - there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE of ANY living being adapting into another species. Period.

Of course there hasn't been. If there was then that would completely debunk everything we know about evolution.

edit on 4-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
One thing Ron Paul isn't for is homosexuals, abortion, and all manner of liberal non-moral lifestyles. Maybe that's why he's hated by those entities. To me, RP stands for old school values, the kind we all grew up with, that is if we were born in the 50's, 60's, and the 70s and that is GOOD, he's got my VOTE

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
reply to post by Domo1

Regardless Ron spoke his mind without fearing public outlash over being christian and believing in a god ]

When has anyone been elected President WITHOUT claiming to be a Christian?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Ronnie believes that evolution is just a theory

He's right. Evolution is just a theory. Creationism is just a theory and a religious belief. And there is a theory that we are offspring of space aliens who 'seeded' this planet. All of them are theories because none of them can be proven true (at this point).

Domo1 .... Ron Paul is correct on this.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Frankly, I find the number of people in this thread who don't understand that a scientific theory is different from "Elvis is God, that's my theory" is appalling.

Also, the fact that Ron Paul said such a thing proves he doesn't know squat.

Hey Ron, tell us again about economic theory, it's just a theory right? How about musical theory?

Better yet, let's use this as a litmus test. If one can't differentiate between a scientific theory and a theory, they don't deserve the right to vote or run for office, and they should really consider returning to school for their GED.

the amount of people who expect Presidents to be evolutionary experts and to consider this as having any relevance in their ability to be President is truly astounding- many of these people consider themselves quite intelligent as well, you would need to be pretty intelligent to be so ridiculous

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Why would we concern ourselves with a politicians personal beliefs? *note the key word, PERSONAL. When one runs a country in its peoples best interest, their beliefs become irrelevant.

Note to add:
Obama provides us a with a visual percentage representation of just how much we should care about Senator Paul's personal beliefs...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

Originally posted by mayabong
I'm not even a christian or any religion but still don't know if I believe the evolution theory. For all I know they can dig up an ancient alien dna laboratory from Sumeria tomorrow.

If they dug up an ancient alien dna laboratory it would have no baring on whether evolution happens or not.

Exactly what I was thinking. On broader terms, Ancient alien theory only states that aliens genetically altered mankind, or created us from an existing species. However most ancient alien theorists understand that life evolves. They are only saying that aliens influenced the evolution of man. I mean the existing species that man was supposedly blended with evolved, and they know that.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

guess you missed the reptiles with feathers that precede modern birds eh

god made evolution so christians could call him a lier...

edit on 4-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Evolution is a lie. The proof for a God is all around us in the creation and in our own makeup. Our dna alone is enough to show there is a God. Those that say they don't believe in a God are not being honest. I think it comes down to an emotional reason and in their heart they know there is a God. I'm glad he doesn't believe in evolution. Ken Ham of Answers In Genesis has taught me plenty. Also, you cannot be a Christian and believe in millions of years. Everything was made in 6 days. If you don't accept the creation story and the fall of man, there would be no need for Jesus coming. Through Adam sin entered the world.
edit on 4-6-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i do not believe we are the result of evolution, they still cant link us to the apes (missing link not found)

the human body is still the same as it was 5000 or more years ago

thing we do is, we make the world around us evolve, computers - cars - houses, you name it.

human body will remain this way untill we really depend on nature, then we evolve, not like the way we do things atm

i dont believe in a god either, i mean come on, be real, we are being killed - prosecuted because a god will not intervene ?

some say god is good, when and where will he finally do something ? never
edit on 4-6-2012 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
in addition to my above post

Researchers smashed up the DNA of yeast cells using high energy X-Rays. How a team dedicated to creating mutant super-bread obtains funding is not made clear, but observation of the irradiated cells yielded interesting results: as the nuked microorganisms quite literally tried to pull themselves together, they didn't put things back the way they were.

The repeated sections of DNA can cause broken pieces to be mixed and matched between entirely new chromosomes. This method of mutation is quite extreme, but such aberrations can happen without nuclear blasting (it just takes longer) and form part of the all-important biological diversification process. You know, the reason we aren't all just a layer of single-celled sludge.

Unfortunately the odds are seriously against beneficial changes which can lead to new species - more often they lead to tumorous dead things. Imagine playing the lotto but every losing ticket is a live grenade. The species as a whole still moves ahead simply because millions of years is an incredibly long time, and as long as creatures keep multiplying (which is kind of their job) the losses due to automatic genetic experimentation are worth it

www.dailygalaxy.com...

christians make the rules
god breaks em

edit on 4-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join