It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolution

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Creationism and Evolution are a non issue when our republic is crumbling into oblivion, lets deal with tyranny first, and discuss this later. I respect your concerns, but like many of us we are worried about our future and there will be none for creationists and evolutionists alike, especially if they love liberty. Ron Paul is about as honest as it gets, if the vetting process for you is evolution, thats great, as for me thats number 16 trillon on my list of concerns.
edit on 3-6-2012 by kat2684 because: typos

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If he'd said he believed in evolution all the Christian nutjobs would be on here doing the same thing. Quite frankly I don't give a f*ck, as long as he's not declaring jihad on anyone, he's still alright by me. He can't possibly do any worse a job than Obama or Bush. The man has an incredible track record for consistency and truth-telling. Show me one (1) other candidate with the same record, and I'll reconsider my position.

But I'm an Australian so it really doesn't matter what I think, I'm just a quiet observer of your politics and a powerless participant in my own. I'm pretty confident that the next US president is going to be a clown like the rest of them. RP gives me faith that there's still intellectualism being honored in your political process to some degree, but unfortunately, I think it's too little too late. It's a corporate show now. Ron Paul couldn't save your country if he wanted to.

"They" won't let him (or anyone else for that matter). The first step to reclaiming your freedom and liberty as the "world's greatest" country is acknowledging that fact. But so many of your people seem too proud to admit that your country is being run into the ground by powerful economic influences. If they can't admit the obvious, how are they going to solve the complex?

This is not a slander on American people by the way, don't get me wrong. My country's in the same mess, we're just smaller than yours (and don't have the world's largest war machine). So we tend to destroy ourselves slower and without as much world scrutiny. But it baffles me to see so many Americans still proudly behaving "patriotically" when thieves and murderers run your country. Utter madness. What's it going to take for people to get angry enough at their oppressors to do something about it? You're all so busy calling Ron Paul a fool or Obama a saint or Romney a puppet to address the f*cking problems you face. If that's not insanity, I don't know what is.

The day you (we) stop fighting amongst each other is the day these all-powerful elite puppet-masters will fall. But I fear that day will never come. People seem to enjoy attacking each other too much to distract themselves from their own suffering. Talk about chasing your tail!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Niel Degrasse Tyson is a agnostic also....OP mad?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by Furbs
Ron Paul is a gynecologist that doesn't support women's reproductive rights.

Why should his refusal to understand evolution surprise anyone?

Ron Paul is an:
obstetrician (OB)
[ob′stətrish′ən]
a physician who specializes in the branch of medicine concerned with pregnancy and childbirth.

My bad. I admit, I don't pay much attention to his idiocy. Thanks for the correction. Doesn't change the point, if anything, it makes it more valid.

He ran a birthing clinic, not an abortion clinic, and you think that is a bad thing?

His job performance isn't in question, his outdated misogyny is.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Niel Degrasse Tyson is a agnostic also....OP mad?

OP is agnostic. Not mad.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by braydenf
why are you making a thread of this? in response to another person hating on non ron paul people, who

man this site has almost hit the bottom. I think im deleting my account soon.

pretty much sums up what I was thinking. just another ill minded logic thrown into a thread to cause a fuss. whats the point? what knowledge do you gain from this?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Evolution has countless flaws, believing in it with every ounce of your consciousness is just as ignorant as believing in creationism with the same mentality.

Ron Paul is one of the rare intellects that leaves everything on the fence.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This post makes no sense...common now.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

it's amazing what people will blather on about, no offense OP, just mentioning concerning the video and other forums on the internet. The man has a right to his own ideas, developing his own proofs that he is satisfied with and of course forming his own opinions. If he thinks evolution is a theory, hey that's ok, it is, of course so is quantum mechanics and special relativity and string theory and kaluza-kline theory, stephen hawkings (now retracted) theory of evaporating black holes, geez there be a bunch of them, including a theory that an honest politician exists which may very well be Ron Paul. Just because Ron Paul thinks evolution is a theory does not predispose him to being a good or a bad president, geez, I don't believe in Santa Claus but I am still a good consumer. However, in the case of Clinton, Obama, Bush, Harper, Blair, etc. there is no theory involved, fact is, they all suck as human beings. Well Clinton would prefer being the suckee I suppose, but that Hillary thing, that is one nasty piece of trash.

I'd give the "unknown" guy Ron Paul a shot at running the country, he can't do any worse than the idiots previously or presently in charge and you know, it might just be like a breath of fresh air.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/3.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Romney=Mormon=magic underwear=alien creation
Now that is belief relevant enough to second guess the guy you are backing.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-6-2012 by yellowsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
He is a known Mormon, if he said "I believe in evolution" he would lose all support from the Mormons and probably be "excommunicated" from their little church.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
ron paul already lost wtf? his political career is over yet haters still hating and fanboys doing no different

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by slayer420

Who is a known Mormon? Romney? Paul? Obama? Going out on a ledge here, think you mean Romney... Romney doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by Domo1

Evolution has countless flaws, believing in it with every ounce of your consciousness is just as ignorant as believing in creationism with the same mentality.

Ron Paul is one of the rare intellects that leaves everything on the fence.

ah i think evolution is fact, technology builds on itself. you had to have a wired phone before a cordless phone. but that real question is evolution really random? i have my doubts over that

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yeah he is not stupid...lets hate him

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Evolution can NOT be scientifically proven though, it is based upon several assumptions, so saying Evolution is a theory is correct. its just as much a theory as Creationism except Evolution has more fact to back it up.

Both are historical issues and neither can be proven or disproven by scientific method. I would say Creationism has more fact to back it up, but no one seems to consider the existence of billions of different species as a compelling fact. Pure Darwinian Evolution, as a concept (that is to say: pure chance plus natural selection), is implausible on the face of it. Pure Biblical Creationism, as a concept (that is to say: all species were created in the space of several days as discrete kinds and no divergence from each kind ever happens) is also implausible of the face of it. The level of complexity observed implies an organizing consciousness, and one who isn't subject to the limitations supposedly imposed upon it by "scripture".

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
While people laugh at those who believe in creation, their belief in evolution is summed up as follows......

"...... Our whole universe was in a hot dense state, then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait... The Earth began to cool, the autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools, We built a wall (we built the pyramids), math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries, that all started with the big bang! BANG!...."

And they have the gall to call Christians nuts...

I find more and more people are laughing at those who still believe in the 'theory' of evolution as if it is a proven fact. The above lyrics sum up the stupidity of it nicely. ie everything came from nothing, all unaided by nothing because nothing else existed..... !!! ????

While a Christian can't 'prove' God to one who only uses his mind, the one who uses his mind to explain everything as coming from an explosion of matter that didn't exist in the first place otherwise they couldn't explain where that came from..... fails to think through the rationale of evolution to it's beginning, therefore the thinking person 'hopes' or has 'faith' that his belief is right. Otherwise there is only one other alternative and they don't want to accept that one.

I'm not trying to support creation here, I'm trying to get 'thinking' people to explain evolution logically. I find they can't and only get upset and abusive because they have no answer.
edit on 4-6-2012 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

No he doesn't, he also believes in putting prayer in school.

Not sure how anybody can deny evolution as a valid theory, what's the alternative? Really? We share 92% of our genetics, biology, wit primates. The vast majority of animals have some sort of relation in stucture, in reproduction. The only other theory besides evolution is if we all evolved totally seperate, which is why I would question how is it that we share such a common biological structure as other animals if this is the case? It makes little sense, but people don't care. A belief in evolution is a political and religious inconvenience for some people.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

But he doesn't believe in unicorns, etc.

All your post shows is that you are a troublemaker!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I saw a thread earlier deriding people that didn't like Paul and blathering on about how many idiots there are in America that believe in Creationism. Guess who else does? Ronnie believes that evolution is just a theory (implying a theory isn't kinda a big deal - you know, gravity etc...) but will you die hards fault him for it? Of course not.

No I will not fault him.

Personally evolution is not critically thinking. Its like religion. Your sticking to an idea that feaes right but is still a theory. The missing link? Explain it. The 2 missing chromosomes we have from monkeys? Explain that.

Everything is theory. Who care what you or I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join