It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolution

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
He's a crazy old man with plenty of insane opinions...but he is still better than Romney and Obama.

In other words, we're fu*ked.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
(implying a theory isn't kinda a big deal - you know, gravity etc...)

How is gravity only a theory? and what does this have to do with the presidency?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The same way that people should not automatically discount other 'theories', such as the Ancient Alien Theory.

In my opinion, it is actually more intelligent to disbelieve in evolution (for human origin) because the theory is too flawed, and there is little to no evidence for it. For the record, I too disbelieve in this theory to explain the sudden emergence of the human being on the scene.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Again, a theory is a description of a set of facts. Evolution is a fact. The theory of evolution describes those facts.

Evolution , to explain human origin,is not a fact.

It's actually more closer to evolution plus intelligent design (advanced race of ET).

Genetic Engineering.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I don't have a problem with his beliefs.

However, when he doesn't believe in something which has such overwhelming evidence to back it up, then you have to question whether his personal faith (which many of his supporters presumably won't share) will override a more logical view in more important matters which he would oversee.

But you're trying to make a judgment call upon a personal belief, that has "nothing" to do with a political "belief"..

His political beliefs are duly noted, recorded, and espoused, and rerecorded, over and over again, and that is simply that "He will follow the Constitutional laws"..PERIOD!!...

We have Constitutional separation of Religion and government, whereupon the religious beliefs are held only by the Constitutional holders (We--The--People), and "ANYONE in government, paid for or contracted to the government (in other words anyone working for the government system itself) MUST not allow personal beliefs of any kind, to taint, hold sway, or alter what is Constitutionally mandated..

He gave a honest answer to a "personal question", not a "political position"...

People are so hung up over this trivial matter, when where were people like yourself when the bushes have gone on record as having said they made a "religious" decision over getting us into War again, on more then one occasion too..

Where were you then?..

The Constitution has within it's structure, the Bill of Rights, and The Declaration Of Independence, which form our Constitutional laws and amendments..

Ron Paul is for getting us back "to" the Constitutional laws within, and for abolishing many things that are the property and sole responsibilities of the "states", not the government itself..

All a government is supposed to do, is follow the Constitutional laws to the letter, wit no type of translations, plain black and white following, which means the treasury is the only force that has the ability to print money, either by stamping gold/silver coins, or gold/silver backed currency, which can be redeemed for the exact same net worth in gold/silver bullion...

A government is only supposed to make sure that the boarders are defended, the states do not trample upon the rights of the citizens, and that foreign policies do not hinder our national sovereignty...

Thats it...

Ron Paul want to get us back on this track, and this has nothing to do with religion, as he cannot go there in any way, shape, or form, when he holds the POTUS seat, because that is "Unconstitutional" and he has said as much too..

Just because he chooses to have a personal belief different from others, is no way to measure a mans service to another (simply look at his records)..

It's not what you say, but what you "DO" that shows the measure of a person...

Ron Paul has not wavered from his political policies, while all others "have"....

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The biggest problem with Ron Paul is not what he believes.

It's not that he believes in creationism or not, though I don't.

It's that the PEOPLE of the US don't believe in real freedom. A few do, but most are too scared.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
He's a crazy old man with plenty of insane opinions...but he is still better than Romney and Obama.

In other words, we're fu*ked.

Indeed from someone from outside of USA I can see the mess you are and how happy are digging for a deeper hole.

40% of americans still believe in creationism
www.huffingtonpost.com...

But as most americans believe the USA was created under chirstian rules.... then for christian believes its destiny be decided.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
The same way that people should not automatically discount other 'theories', such as the Ancient Alien Theory.

In my opinion, it is actually more intelligent to disbelieve in evolution (for human origin) because the theory is too flawed, and there is little to no evidence for it. For the record, I too disbelieve in this theory to explain the sudden emergence of the human being on the scene.

There was no "sudden appearance" of anything in the theory of evolution. Please tell me where you got this idea so I can send a passive aggressive letter to them.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by digital01anarchy

True, he does have a much higher level of education than I. Scary he doesn't believe in evolution with all that book learnin' huh? Just a stupid theory, like gravity.

I learned to doubt 'evolution' long before someone pointed out RP's views regarding it.

I'm glad RP has a mind of his own. I like him even more, after hearing this. Still, it has nothing to do with his message. I don't think RP would lock anyone up for disagreeing with any OS, and 'evolution' is one of many.

There has never been found a missing link. I am more inclined to believe in an electric spark, from on high, because I practically live for this, on a daily basis. I am so educated that it hurts. Sometimes, you have to lose all your constructed fallacies, in order to learn anything of classical value.

Please don't assume that I subscribe to Christian looney tunes. The truth is much more complex, and guards itself with an iron hand.
edit on 3-6-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

There is micro evolution just as Darwin suggested. Creatures adapt to there environment to survive, and beneficail adaptations are carried onto the next generation. Do I think bats evolved from blue whales? BAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't see that as all that big of a deal to me. I'm not going to have a hyper knee jerk reaction whenever a politician has their own opinion of something that is different than my own. I really don't understand why people get so upset whenever a politician utters their own opinion on something.

About the only thing I'll do is change my vote if I realize a politician doesn't represent my interests.

Also, I think it's a big mistake to say that if you don't believe in evolution you have to believe in creationism. That's a false dichotomy. I really don't see why a person can't not believe in evolution as well as not believing in creationism.

Some people just have a hard time understand evolution. There should be no shame in that. As for me I'm not going to hold it against a person if they have a hard time with it.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by JailTales
IF someone doesn't believe in evolution, an undeniable fact, it doesn't say much for their judgement. Their judgement is something they'll need to run a country

Saying it's an "undeniable fact" simply doesn't make it so.

There is a difference between "things evolve" and the "theory of evolution". The theory of evolution offers that we evolved as primates and there is no explanation offered as to what came before, if anything. The militants go beyond science and use this as a tool to "enforce atheism" or degrade someone's spirit to suggest that somehow, because we can prove things evolve, this must also mean there was nothing interesting beforehand, or something?

I mean, fault the man all you want, but he's neither stupid nor insane. Find me a better man in congress that is able to voice a strong opinion all matters the US faces right now. If you can't look over this stupid, silly detail and see the forest through the trees, then you yourself are irrational.

Exactly, Dr Paul's view was taken out of context entirely. Not surprising. Some peoples hate takes over regardless of the facts. Paul wasn't denying that evolution exist. He was arguing the evidence supporting the "Theory of Evolution" which attempts to describe how we as species became, but it falls short, we evolved from apes ect, but can't prove what we started out as and is far from a sure thing.

When you are intellectually dishonest or are purposely attempting to mislead you don't deserve others time.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The only thing I know is that we just appeared, and history was washed away on how we even got here.

So, me, we just appeared. They think we evolved. Me, I let them think what they want because if I deny their opinion, then I'm no better than them.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This should be a good thing!

Those who reject evolution, feel very strongly about their God theory!

However, those who believe in evolution bear the burden of truth and therefore accept they are instilling change thus requiring an explanation. In other words, we who give credit to Darwin must always explain ourselves as religion has been here first.

Ron Paul's view is the right choice for his campaign. This means he secures those resistant to evolution as well as those resistant to religion solely based on the fact that those whom believe in evolution must also believe in tolerance.

Smart move old man, you've got my vote! Thank You for posting this video!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I am not a ron paul fan, but his belief in God to me would be better than a disbelief in God. It migh give him a sense of acountability that an athiest president might not have.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

I've said this numerous times. I don't care if he believes in God. That is not an issue.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I saw a thread earlier deriding people that didn't like Paul and blathering on about how many idiots there are in America that believe in Creationism. Guess who else does? Ronnie believes that evolution is just a theory (implying a theory isn't kinda a big deal - you know, gravity etc...) but will you die hards fault him for it? Of course not.

The garish .line for this thread is a little deceiving. Ron Paul is a practicing Christian whose personal faith dictates that Man was created by God. He answered the question in a straight-forward manner, simultaneously respecting his own faith and the faiths of others by intimating that both views (evolution and creationism) are valid because neither had been definitively proven. More important than his personal beliefs about the origin of our species are his ideological values; Libertarian Constitutionalism.

If you're looking for a thread that'll get you some stars and flags, post some of the various Romney interviews where he is asked about his religion. Compare the way in which Romney answers those questions with the way Ron Paul answers similar questions about his personal faith. The difference is black and white.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by biggmoneyme

Because it's about as ludicrous as saying that the Earth is flat. You don't want a president like that, and again this thread is a response to another where Paul supporters gleefully ridiculed people for not believing in evolution.

as if it matters dude. the president doesnt decide anything of any importance

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

This just reaffirms my comments that Ron Paul is a kooky old grandpa.

Anyone who says that there isn't enough evidence to support the theory of evolution are either those who don't want to believe in it, or those who haven't researched the subject enough.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with creationists, as they clearly put more trust in a less tangible form of knowledge or understanding, such as personal experience and faith. No problem; Whatever floats your boat.

However, when someone is putting themselves forward to assume a powerful political position, then it's clear that they should have a firm hold on more generally established and evidentially supported theories and beliefs.

I mean, what's next ? Ron Paul consulting the Old Testament to devise his fiscal policy ?

edit on 3-6-2012 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

You realize every president in the whitehouse has been christian right? Just checking

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by wlord

It's not ''logical'' to be on the fence about evolution.

There are reams and reams of documented studies and evidence to support the theory of evolution.

Like I've said previously: anyone who doesn't believe in evolution are either those who don't want it to be true, or those who don't understand the process and mechanisms.

You need to do some better investigating Sherlock.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join