It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do ATS members think the afterlife is like?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears

The feeling you get as you are on your way home is one of remembrance, like oh iv done this before, oh I think this happens and this Oh what's that sound music (but its not music its better its more like a frequency that is you ) by this point your are busting with excitement.

Exactly!!!!!

You mentioning the frequency gave me chills and made the hair on my arms and neck stand up, it is the frequency of your being and your frequency synchs with the frequency of the universe, almost harmonically oscillating in a rhythm with all the others and creating a beautiful, faint harmonization of frequencies.

I have told very few people of my experience except for my 2 brothers, mother, and 2 sisters. They understood everything that I explained to them right up to the frequency part and that's where I lost them. I tried to explain that it was a faint humming sound and feeling that was more than a hum and was coming from my soul, or spirit and was more musical than the hum of a transformer or other electric device.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

thats a very good first hand description of what I saw happen second hand
thanks for that

Dan

PS
re above post:
hearing the angles sing

I hear it when I listen...as a song writer I've always wondered where it comes from and what it is...certain eldars asy it is a mark of shamnistic ability...so I guess its a human mechanism tapping into a primal energy of the universe...mostly it can't make it through to the conscious mind till you have been to the land of the dead and come back.....

as an old seadog friend of mine who has been clincallly dead over 17 times said:
"It isn't going that hurts, its coming back that hurts

edit on 3-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

I honestly don't believe there's anything after we die. I'm not even sure why some people think that there is.

On another note I did have an OOB experience 2 years ago, which was pretty amazing. I'm convinced, however that it was all my brains doing. Our brains are immensely powerful and have a hard time knowing the difference between real and strongly imagined.

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Like your response VoidHawk, an endless dog walk, but with all the dogs I,ve ever owned. Into an endless sunset / sunrise, whilst listening to all my favourite relaxation music on an i pod....

I,m not a believer either, but that would be my idea of " Heaven "

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I would equate it to a seemless transition from this reality, to something else that may or may not be real, or as real, or more real than what exists now. Like waking up from a dream where your mind quickly erases the interesting parts. And you go on about your business believing you just hd a wicked dream. And you would tell whomever you see and recognize them as being there all along.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

Are you referring to '___' sir? N-n, dimethyltriptamine? Or another of the triptamine family such as Seretonin?

It was a natural flood of '___' that sparked my OOBE. I knew it was natural and not some spiritual world, although it felt like the most important thing at the time. I wouldn't rely solely on substances though because I'm sure you're aware that emotions and perception are skewed slightly under the influence.

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
For those who like to laugh the afterlife off as a coping mechanism please watch this video.

There is another interesting NDE where the the lady sees aliens and not religious figures. She asks why other people see different beings when they die. They reply that you see whatever makes your passing easiest. It's on you tube but I can't find it.

Also there is some good research being done by Dr Stuart Hameroff on quantum consciousness and why he believes that your consciousness could survive your bodily death due to quantum entanglement.

I myself like to think that if there is an afterlife it is a personalized one that comes about through your life experience and the condition of your belief system at the time of death. Hence why the idea of heaven and hell could be valid but we all end up in our own version of either. Like attracts like,as they say. I also wonder if people are not born with a soul but our mind creates it and it may live on.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well I for one think its gonna be a big disappointment........Do you remember what it was like before you were born? Hopefully your answer is NO. For those of you who say YES please don't forget to take your medication.

I think its going to be just like that.......NOTHINGNESS!

In the bible it says "Of Dust you were and to dust you shall return"

In other words I like to live for the here and the now rather then waiting for what may or may not come in death........
edit on 3-6-2012 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

We have all broke Gods law and fallen short of the glory of God. Only way we can get back to being right with God is through his son Jesus by having our sins forgiven. God will not let his kingdom be corrupted by letting unrepentant sinners into heaven.
edit on 3-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

What an incredible experience, very powerful and evocative imagery, something like that happening. would surely make even the most hardened sceptic question what they think they know.

Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by SGTSECRET

We have all broke Gods law and fallen short of the glory of God. Only way we can get back to being right with God is through his son Jesus by having our sins forgiven. God will not let his kingdom be corrupted by letting unrepentant sinners into heaven.
edit on 3-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I don't think a broken book or the man made idiocy involved in it's production, has any more (or less) accuracy as to who does and who does not get into "Heaven", than any other religious text.
Some of those books believe, christians won't be getting into heaven, The source energy from where we all come, is not discriminatory, why would it be, it already knows everything about every single person, their lives, their actions, inactions, faults, failures, why would your father create life to discriminate against it.
To err is human.
Everyone gets to heaven, eventually.
You may feel you have to chastise a child for wrong doing, this is a human mindstate.
The universe lets the child chastise itself through their own actions, god is in everything and everywhere at all times, you will get no more than you deserve, and, when your flower blossoms, and you stand out against the grass in the fields, you will come to the attention of the gardener, you will be encouraged to grow and flower into something extraordinarily beautiful.

"None so bound than the slave who binds himself".

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

Are you referring to '___' sir? N-n, dimethyltriptamine? Or another of the triptamine family such as Seretonin?

It was a natural flood of '___' that sparked my OOBE. I knew it was natural and not some spiritual world, although it felt like the most important thing at the time. I wouldn't rely solely on substances though because I'm sure you're aware that emotions and perception are skewed slightly under the influence.

Peace

Please watch the video on Pam Reynolds I posted. '___' does not let a dead brain observe real world events.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Been there its great.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

I think the afterlife is a place of no-time, much like the no-time of our dreams.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think its a continued struggle between good and evil. The spirits of the dead are in a sort of turmoil war against shadow people. Hiding and surviving the best they can against THEM.

Its an endless war.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Nothing happens after you die. Just eternal of nothingness.

Once you learn to accept that, you won't fear Death for when the time comes.

As for OBEs, I believe people "see" what they choose believe. For those who had OBEs and claimed to have seen "Hell", I believe are people who are filled with guilt.

It's simply just your brain slowly shutting down. You can be "dead" while your brain is actually still alive but slowly shutting down. Almost similar, to sleeping. When you sleep, you see, hear, and feel with your eyes closed. Why wouldn't it be the same or similar for when someones brain it shutting down?

I don't believe in God, or the Bible. Sorry, but I do respect what other chose to believe in.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
One more thing.

If reincarnation is true, how come a person who recently dies sees all their dead spirit family members or dead friends. Surely they would be reincarnated and not in heaven. If you see what I mean.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

I don't know. I suspect that the first visions beyond bodily death involve a waiting room which mirrors your expectations of death and dying. This "waiting room" might exist to allow your consciousness (or at least the part of your consciousness that "survives") to acclimate itself -- slowly -- to the vast quantities of information and experience available when not bound to a mortal body. Christians, and those raised in a Christian (western) environment are naturally going to see the faces of those who have died before them, because their conditioning tells them that it should be so. Taoists may have a completely different experience of the waiting room. Either way, the process is akin to expanding a thimbleful of water until it is the size of an ocean. If done too quickly, and without a comfortable frame of reference, the consciousness is destroyed. Birth on the other hand is a distillation of that ocean, down to a finite thimbleful, and calling it individuality or spirit, so that it might animate a physical body.

It is important to note that one does not have to "believe" in anything, in order to experience it. All that is required is a curious mind and a functioning imagination.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Because it is like a holographic reality version of DNA, only a tiny spec of energy is needed to experience the whole of the information that you once experienced.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
Nothing happens after you die. Just eternal of nothingness.

Once you learn to accept that, you won't fear Death for when the time comes.

As for OBEs, I believe people "see" what they choose believe. For those who had OBEs and claimed to have seen "Hell", I believe are people who are filled with guilt.

It's simply just your brain slowly shutting down. You can be "dead" while your brain is actually still alive but slowly shutting down. Almost similar, to sleeping. When you sleep, you see, hear, and feel with your eyes closed. Why wouldn't it be the same or similar for when someones brain it shutting down?

I don't believe in God, or the Bible. Sorry, but I do respect what other chose to believe in.

To tell your the truth I find the idea of nothing after death much easier to deal with than an afterlife but I can't ignore the research I have done and the undeniable evidence that is there if you are willing to look.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join