It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do ATS members think the afterlife is like?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Thank you for the post, very insightful indeed. Sometimes simplicity is the most effective.

Eastern ideology seems to embrace the "beginners mind" more than the West.

I was referring to the "Being civil" post, but hey, no harm no foul, everyone's entitled to an opinion, and as long as you are happy and doing good in the world, there is no problem!
edit on 2/6/2012 by Seagurt because: miscommunication between the OP and Respondee

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

As a background bit from me, I actually joined here for pursuing government spookiness and UFOs, so I'm not really familiar with a lot of spiritual or post-death research and resources. Could you link me to what you were referring to here?

On a related note, I read a book called Lucifer (not about the devil in fact) that I picked up while I was working at a public library 8 or more years ago. Loosely remembered by me here, it's plot heavily involved tracking consciousness in very recently dead people, and getting responses through speakers from said post-mortem consciousness. I'll link you to it if you are interested and if I can find it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I dont want to derail so this is my last word but tell us. How many posts have you had removed for being off topic?

Let's compare my posts here for content compared to the posts you keep throwing out about me being off topic. Which of my posts are on topic and which are not? The two that are not are answers to your disregard to the OP's request to be nice. The other two are on topic. Bias against the Christian mindset has little to do with a thread about the afterlife. Prejudice has no place on a public forum.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by windus

Absolutely, here you go,

www.youtube.com...

Expand the info section at the bottom, and there will be a link to the actual transcript, which will really help, as the voice modulation in that time was simply a 13 band vocoder.

And I would definitely be interested in reading that book, Lucifer.

We're all here to learn!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seagurt

Thank you for the post, very insightful indeed. Sometimes simplicity is the most effective.

Eastern ideology seems to embrace the "beginners mind" more than the West.

Truly, all religion is Eastern. If you read the Bible carefully, especially Job and Isaiah, reincarnation is a veiled mystery that comes out in many places. The very fact that Jesus said, "You must be born again" is huge. Isaiah says this:

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.

Satan said this in Job:

3 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”

4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied.

Most people don't pay close enough attention to the linguistics as symbolism. What did he mean by Skin for Skin? Satan is a snake. What does a snake do with it's skin? It sheds it for another. He was simply saying that Job's children would be back and God knew it.

The after life is literally, Life after death. The vehicle will change. Our location and time line will change. The soul remains the same as it rises to new life.

For me, there are five baptisms to endure here on Earth before we are finished with this reality. Earth (Matter), Air (Breath / Language / Information), Water (Baptism - Immersion into the water of life), Fire (trials - hardship - refiner's fire) and Spirit. Spirit is the prize. Water puts out fire. The secret to getting to the final baptism of spirit is to overcome the others. Air and Water overcome the Earth and Fire. Air is the Word and Water cleanses the temple after the sacrifice. The temple is the body and soul. The Bible and other sources outline these baptisms. Matthew 3 outlines three of the five. Genesis outlines the other two.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

I hate myself for this, but I can't seem to look this book up anywhere, and google of course is giving me a lot of other lucifer sci fi books and advice for organized religion on how to avoid Lucifer himself.

I will watch your video first, because it very much describes what was happening in this novel! I thought it original at the time, but I am sensing the author used these experiments as his inspiration. So hopefully the video will add some keywords to my lexicon that I can specify my search with.

I'd like to share a quick anecdote with you about a family member of mine. She was devoutly religious it seemed, her whole life. The rituals of church and prayer were especially important to her. When she was diagnosed (in her 80's) with terminal cancer, she went through many many rough physical trials with chemo, and many times thought she was ready going to die right then.

On one such occasion, she was comforted by her son, who said she should not worry and be happy that she'd be seeing her mother and father whom she loved, and be with everyone she had lost.

She said, hauntingly, "You don't know... No one ever came back and told us."

No one ever came back and told us is a human fear I think that has haunted us about death forever. Your video even compares our longing to understand the after ilfe with a two way radio, so I thought I'd share my story here with you.

Her words seem poetic to me, in their stark description of how unknown death is to us.

I have to thank you for giving me an opportunity to share this, and to learn something new.
edit on 2-6-2012 by windus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windus

Your more than welcome, I have made it my lifes work to research this phenomena.

I studied Audio Engineering for music, and realized there was more serious things that needed attention.

No worries about the book, I'm sure I will either stumble upon it, or you will find it.

Also thank you for the quotations!

Enjoy the video, I did!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

Aha! Found it

Lucifer by Michael Cordy (retitled The Lucifer Code in 2001)

It's not a well received novel, and I can't remember if it's a piece of snip or not really. But primarily, outside of the video you just linked me to, it was the only story I'd read about talking to the dead after their passing through (I think analogue) sound medium. I hope you find it interesting or give it a read as it is a real interest of yours. I really am sorry in advance if its a snip read.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by windus

Once again I thank you, and even if it is just a snippet, it may contain things I don't know!

Regards and thank you again for the link!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I like to think that the afterlife is formless until we die then it shapes to what we think it should be like.I mean christians see jesus, muslims see mohammed etc.So all faiths and religions see what they think they should see when they go to the afterlife.Or more simply its what we think it will be when we die

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
There is a diffrence between, Thinking, Believing and having direct experience. ANd so I offer this for your reading pleasure...

I always hoped that if people knew from listening openly that when a "deadie" as I call them, arrives at what I call the arrival zone, they firstly are met with something from their 'life' to help them focus and feel comfortable in the surroundings.

And then the most beautiful thing you could ever observe starts to happen. They begin to sparkle a bit from the inside.. and as that gets brighter all the stuff I call Dross... that's all their personal Beliefs about Everything, their worthiness, what exists and what doesn't exist.. their worthiness x2.. all the BELIEFS of humans falls away from them !

When they are fully awake they shine so brightly it makes me cry in Joy. I love to watch this.. I love to tell people about it.. I just wish people would listen. It would help them not get caught up in their Beliefs when dropping off the body and get stuck close to Here or find other places to create what they Believe about everything.

It was easier to quote this than to rewrite it all here again for the 12th time in 9 years.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Tayesin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

I think its like heaven or hell. You have ether put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ the risen savior, or you have led and ungodly life and will be punished for your sins.
edit on 3-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Absolutely nothing will happen. When you die that's it, shows over, you're gone. This is one of those things that humans just can't fathom, the idea of complete nothingness, therefore it's easier to talk about 'what happens next.' I suppose it helps people feel better to think that everything will not be over.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I believe upon death "The condition of or souls", meaning like we judge ourselves. I'd say we either rest as positive or suffer as negative energy eternally.

To put it even deeper, at the exact location of your death, energy is returned onto the earth. Just like the earth is a biological cell, very much alive, just at another level. I do not believe I will continue consciousness at that point. It's like the release point, the 7 minutes you become brain dead, those 7 minutes you have that seemingly last forever as you basically are cast into the astral world.. your first, if so, astral experience..

I tend to believe in the stories of the Tibetan book of the dead, like not literally, but in a bigger sense of how the soul is tested upon death. Failing this out of fear or guilt..etc, is possible.
edit on 3-6-2012 by sticky because: (no reason given)

Its like people are really stupid, of course the holy books are trying to help mankind. All along they are telling us to connect with god. We do this by preparing our minds, its why many men aspire to attain the astral state nearly at a constant. Think of a monk, WTF is he doing?

He is preparing himself, for that trip on the astral plane.
edit on 3-6-2012 by sticky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Seagurt

I think its like heaven or hell. You have ether put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ the risen savior, or you have led and ungodly life and will be punished for your sins.
edit on 3-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

ahahahahhahahaa

This is a perfect example why religion is bad for the world. According to the above theory unless you are all about the big J-man you are a terrible person and will be punished forever. Wow. Doesn't matter if you spent your weekends for years feeding the homeless, doesn't matter how many baby kittens you have saved, none of that matters. I can't roll my eyes enough at this

Back on topic...I know ghosts are real, which is why I'm not too sure how to answer this question about what happens. Obviously everyone and everything that died is not a ghost so...what happened that makes them different? I really think nothing happens when you die, but then I remember the experience I had and rethink it all.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This thread is fine but personally the one thing I will be expecting in heaven is no more distorted hyper tabloid news.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

Unknown; regardless of teaching and sermons.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

This sounds like fun 
I am not really happy with my beliefs right now, I think I will be stuck dealing with the very people I didn’t get along with in this life, all over again in some way .
I think in sort of a report card way, yet at this time I can only guess what will be scored. My guesses are; I will be scored on my motives in every choice and action I took in this life. This idea gives me hope. I think that score will be lowered for every time I let fear or selfishness direct my path rather than integrity and love. I always had this hope that all the “yuk” in me will be magically washed from me when I pass, (ya know, the areas that I just couldn’t seem to resolve within myself) like a clean slate or something…then there is this little thing in me that says, that is the reason I am here in the first place. So, my theory is that the “other side” will be determined by my own individual reactions, behaviors, etc.
This concerns me because, I also believe that everything happens for a reason, a purpose…every person we encounter, event, etc. I suspect there was a past connection to these very same people.. *sigh…..when I look at the lives of some of these connections, I am lead to believe I am being punished in this life….. so then I wonder if I am just starting my punishment and perhaps I am sentenced to many lifetimes in punishment, or have I been earning some time –off for good behavior? Either way, I think there are good things to look forward too as long as I go with the “program” being mindful always that my motives will play a factor in the quality of the next life. I believe in many realms or planets.. and I will be either heading towards a realm that I will face even dire situations or one that will afford me conditions more pleasing. Either way, I expect it will be another life that has something to teach me.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

edit on 3-6-2012 by spaceg0at because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
We can never know untill its to late.

Personally I don't believe in things like ghosts purely because all the experiences i've been in were other people have thought was something paranormal i could explain logically.
So for me i can cross out becoming a ghost of the list of what happens when you die.

My hope is that, even as a agnostic, everyone can go to what there idea of what haven is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join