It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do ATS members think the afterlife is like?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well unless there's some scientific proof then there's NOTHING, I'll rephrase that, there was nothing to go to in the first place. The organs die, the electrical activity stops and the human is dead, that's it.

People can be a bit sad / delusional and talk about OBE and tunnels of white light but there's nothing to say these are not unconscious dreams happening super fast before the moment of death or near death. The mind is a vicious thing, for the depressed like me night time is a horror story every evening, my head recreates and focuses on the situations that made me so ill, it also adds the mandatory 'being hunted' nightmare, the lost in a familiar place recurring dreams, its all designed by your own head to depress and stress you.

On the other hand people whose minds are free of such nasty little happenings will either not dream or dream pleasant happy things, so just as the brain is about to shut down in near death while unconscious, is it not likely that the brain dreams one last time and its focus is on life and for those who have been religious the notion that they are 'passing on to a better place', it does not mean that is what is happening as wonderful as it sounds.

Sorry but I'm of a firm belief that we simply die and the cycle of life and death continues as it has for millions of years, no special events, no genuine born again instances, just death....

Its always been nicer to enforce / brainwash that you are going to a better place, religion does this as its final gift of niceness for you being a good and controlled believer, of course the non believers will always go to a bad place because they don't believe. Sadly its just a myth based upon control, take suicide Radical bombers, despite their utmost belief in their religion the notion of just blowing yourself up for the cause needed to be spiced up, it needed a reward and so the 72 Virgins were created by man made rules to reward the act, making it mentally more appealing, I mean, sex sells...

There's nothing really different to this and the reward of going to a better place other religions offer bar the utter violence needed to create that reward but despite man's clever creation of a reward system to the afterlife I feel its just a ruse and even those people just die like the rest of us...
edit on 4-6-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Having had 2 NDE's. I can say with confidence that what the afterlife is like is beyond amazing. Such an overwhelming place that is timeless, limitless, warm, beautiful, utterly peaceful, joyous. There are many that you know over there that also know you, and I don't just mean earthly friends/relatives.

The source/creator is what holds everything in creation together in this place of overflowing, joy, peace, Love, perfection and timelessness.

You can see everything from beginning, middle, through to end. You can see how the creator weaves through time, doing everything exactly as he pleases, in the full comfort and knowledge that he knows exactly what he is doing. Everything and everyone have their time and place. Your Knowledge is perfect. Everything is crystal clear, and your mind is pure. In eternity you can feel and know everything, and I believe can co-create there what will happen in time.

You are at peace with all things/people, because you can know anything/anyone from every possible conceivable angle, and you understand them fully.

Having only spent a relatively short time there, I can only but imagine what wonders there are to behold, and participate in...I also felt an overwhelming sense of excitement in that place, as in "there is so much to do!!!" Everybody is doing their own thing, with others of like mind. Its as if everybody there is trying to make life down here better all the time. It is what they desire, and will work endlessly to achieve - and they never get tired of doing it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think it will be excactly like the beforelife.

You remember how that was, don't ya?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Kittens? KITTENS??? Oh no, no, NO! NOT kittens!!! Felines get such a horrible rap concerning this "entity" stuff. They're just adorable little balls of fluff. Nothing evil to see here, just move on... :~ D

As I just posted in Another thread. Cats are EVIL

Sorry for being off topic but I had too. Personally, I believe its either reincarnation or just moving into the 5th dimension if you know what I mean. Maybe death is just the passage from this frequency that we live on, to another.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
Nothing, nada, zilch, diddlysquat.

It’s just the same as before you were born... think back to your very first thought as a human being.... and what were you were before that? Then you have your answer.

We do however live on in the minds and thoughts of the people that loved us and we become just a small part of our human history.

Mickierocksman

I've seen this mentioned now a couple times and thought I would pipe in on it.
One's lack of memory of something should not be the deciding factor is there is something in the afterlife.
There are many people that can't remember anything before they were 6 years old, but they did indeed exist.
Also, there are many people that say they don't dream, but everyone goes through REM sleep.

From my own experience, there are physical memories stored in the brain, we use for every day life, and then there are memories stored in the etheric plain, or subconscious in modern terms, that can brought into the physical brain for waking recollection.

Consciousness is like a magnifying lense, in that we tend to focus on, only what we want to see.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
Nothing, nada, zilch, diddlysquat.

It’s just the same as before you were born... think back to your very first thought as a human being.... and what were you were before that? Then you have your answer.

We do however live on in the minds and thoughts of the people that loved us and we become just a small part of our human history.

Mickierocksman

I've seen this mentioned now a couple times and thought I would pipe in on it.
One's lack of memory of something should not be the deciding factor is there is something in the afterlife.
There are many people that can't remember anything before they were 6 years old, but they did indeed exist.
Also, there are many people that say they don't dream, but everyone goes through REM sleep.

From my own experience, there are physical memories stored in the brain, we use for every day life, and then there are memories stored in the etheric plain, or subconscious in modern terms, that can brought into the physical brain for waking recollection.

Consciousness is like a magnifying lense, in that we tend to focus on, only what we want to see.

Though I am an atheist, I couldn't agree more. And might I add that was very nicely put

edit on 4-6-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
i think u just get reincarnated as different beings/creatures again and again until your soul evolves enough.

so i think everyone will have many other lives after this one. but they may not remember most of them.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Science has a long way to go to catch up with what people do experience after the death of their body. It is in the habit of constantly finding itself wrong, for that is the current nature of Science in it's early infancy.

But, the scenarios you offered are plausible.. millisecond dreams created from the Brain.

Yet, as plausible as that sounds, it goes no way to offer an explanation.. other than lying or lunacy.. for those who work in the field of assisting the dead into the Light. And because I have done such work for many years, I can honestly say that despite most Scientific minds BELIEVING it lunacy or lies.. it is a reality.

And it is very sad that Religion also is blind to what really happens, even though it is SUPPOSED to KNOW.. but it does not. And it does not because it is Man-Made.. a massive Edifice to Power and Control.

If I may add a little more to what I already offered two on Page 2..

Some "deadies" stay attached close to this physical reality and are what most people refer to when saying "Ghost". Some of these do not see the physical as it is, but as they Believe it is.. or how it was in their Lifetime, and so will remain in that state of delusion until they realise they have created their predicament for themselves.

Others will get lost in their Belief-System's Limitations to bigger picture reality and their own lack of Worth as dictated by that belief-system. These you can find in what has been called The Belief Territories.. or 'Hell' as Religion calls it. It is Self Created and they will remain in that state until they realise what they have created for themselves.

Some living people go into that Territory to assist those who are about to reach that realisation, so that the dead do not fall into the same trap again.

Other "deadies" will happily make it across into the Light with no problems... and it is there, in the arrival area, that the scenario I offered occurs to each and every one of them... and You.. and Me.

I see also that many here have little to no understanding of Re-Incarnation and how it works. First thing to know is that the Soul makes the life choices and it is never forced into anything it cannot handle in life.. which means that people need to dig a lot deeper into themselves when alive in the flesh to pull themselves out of their self-created real world ruts... and they have the power within themselves to achieve that.

Re-Incarnation is simply how Souls get to experience every nuance of life in the flesh.. and we do so because we are the means this Aware, Energetic Bubble-universe has to learn about itself and it's abilities.

It is incorrect that we will be incarnated as a 'lower' life form, because all life moves forwards.. not backwards into what you already experienced earlier on in your many thousands of lives on this world.

There is no higher power enforcing value-related justice on your Soul, and so nothing that forces you to have any incarnations, let alone lives of torture for "bad behaviour". At the level of Soul awareness Duality does not exist and so Punishment also does not exist.

There is simply nothing in Life experience that a Soul cannot handle.. no matter what the tiny part of you as a human being Believes about that. All beliefs fall away from us at the moment we wake up from this dream of life in the world.. and so we should not operate under Beliefs at all while in life.. but that is a lesson we will all reach in our own time.

Okay.. that's me done again.. might pop back in a few more months if I am still around in this physical.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I do not adhere to the usual Dante notions of a place where I will be tormented forever (although I may richly deserve it) nor where I spend eternity singing to God (you haven't heard me sing, have you? You might prefer the eternal torment). The Mormon (and some other notions) are of the whole family getting back together, which I think would turn into one huge effing conga line, with everyone in my family tree, going back centuries, somehow linked up - but probably not seeing any of my non-relative friends; I'm not keen on that either.

Assuming something other that nothingness at death, I have a notion that somehow our minds live on in a sort of dream state in which we imagine that we see our loved ones again, our friends, - even those not yet dead - maybe pursue our hobbies and the like. But when our loved ones die, they have their own dream states, which might not include me at all, and whatever they dream doesn't affect what I dream, Etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think that it is safe to say that there are as many ideas of what the afterlife is like as there are people. I thought I would take this as an oppertunity to share what my 5 year old said concerning death. He was talking to a cousin at a family gathering. His older cousin told him that he is afraid to die. My little boy replied, " Why? there isn't anything to be afraid of. Everyone dies, and after you die your body becomes part of the earth again. Then you get to come back and try again. When you live a good life and help others, then you don't come back. You go somewhere else. I don't know where yet."

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
My theory worth at least 2 cents for the effort...

Looking from the 'outside' existence can be seen as a field of cubes each containing a single conscious entity at it's center. It's not really a cube but can be visualized as one. They are all seperate from eachother and completely immobile, just static cubes everywhere. The cubes are like souls which create personas and their surroundings. The being inside the cube never moves, it is the surroundings that move around it creating the illusion of movement to the being.

From the perspective of the being in the center of it's cube, the cube is infinite but looking from the space between cubes they are all finite inside an infinite space.

As the persona grows through various incarnations it gathers information and this is stored inside the cube. While the cube is finite and never changes size, it's storage for information is infinite. This is because inside the cube its center becomes smaller and smaller allowing for more information being stored outside that center. If you'd take a ruler to measure it, the ruler itself would become smaller and smaller overtime so it can never be truly measured by the persona on the inside. Now in this physical universe there's a limit to how small something can be, but that's not the case with these cubes, if one could use a microscope it would infinitely zoom in without ever encountering the smallest "thing".

Another major illusion is being together in the same world. While all the cubes exist in the same base reality, inside each are different and individual realities. The only way I can describe this is by the idea of holodecks from Star Trek. If there were 10 different decks each having 1 person in them, all these decks would run the same program (this universe, for example) perfectly in sync. The decks update, send and recieve information and recreate the other personas as holographic characters but to the persona they all appear as really being there in front of them.

These cubes communicate with eachother through vibrations, everything a persona does is translated by the cube as continuous fields of energy emitting in every direction kind of like sound would if it could travel in a vacuum. Those 'sounds' are picked up by other cubes who for some reason would want to know. Usually the personas have met eachother while alive but it might also be for example a fan of some celebrity tuning into their superstar's cube or even someone today tuning into Socrates' cube after reading his philosphy.

So as for the actual experience, it is whatever the persona expects it to be, that is what this 'cube' will create and manifest.
edit on 4/6/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Think of a time when you were doing something you loved so much, time didn't even matter anymore. You were with everyone awesome in your youth, talking about God knows what, doing something epic. Next thing you know, mom or dad calls for dinner. 10 hours have just gone by as if nothing.

That, only the dinner has everyone else you never met that got there, and after you just repeat.

Time is null, enjoyment forever, and the ability to create and praise to and for God limitless and unending.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

If I was to share what I feel the afterlife was or the phase of -death- within the life and death phases of existence, I would share that it would be something like a REBIRTH of some kind, of the SAME soul/internal energy/spirit that had experienced life phase here on EA*RTH. The being(s) may have NEW physical attributes related to a 3rd dimensional body/environment suit ect. INFLUENCED by the realm of existence where the SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGY just left or ASCENDED from. This new body/suit/PRANA SUIT may contain similar 3d attributes as the 3d suit the SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGY just ascended from or changed FREQUENCY from, but may have more abilities or less depending on the LEVEL of ASCENSION the being(s) experienced during their -life- phase of life and death phases within EXISTENCE. So in short the BEHAVIOR and INTENTS displayed by the SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGY why within 3rd dimensional boundaries EFFECTS the NEXT phase of EXISTENCE of the SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGY during an ASCENSION PERIOD* NOTE ASCENSION PERIODS DO NOT ONLY INCLUDE POSITIVE ENERGY BUT THE NEGATIVE ENERGY AS WELL DESCENDED OR LOWER ASCENDED DUE TO NEGATIVE POWERFUL ACTIVITIES (ex- 1 who has destroyed many for NATAS=powerful descension being(s) or HIGH DEMON like a dictator with massive amounts of bloodshed and soul transmissions on their hands who has passed or been killed OR MAY EVEN STILL BE HERE. -something to consider SERIOUSLY- as they may be acting COUNTER PRODUCTIVE on that side to harm others still on this side WHO SENT THEM
).... These would be the STS types or service to self types who managed to make the best out of their lives during their life and death phases within existence. They are out for self and will do ANYTHING to make life better for themselves EVEN IF IT MEANS STEPPING ON OR HARMING OTHERS TO OBTAIN THEIR STS GOAL. These SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGIES may in fact RE-MANIFEST within a realm or LOWER VIBRATING REALM OR LOWER DIMENSION as flesh beings or something lacking flesh type attributes all together like PARANORMAL related sightings beings. That data would be the more detailed data obtained from a observer or overseer of these dimensional locations.
On a POSITIVE note those SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGIES that have displayed more POSITIVE VIBRATING activities INTENTS during their life phases of life and death within existence and have displayed STO or SERVICE TO OTHERS BEHAVIORS they may in turn ASCEND into HIGHER POSITIVE VIBRATING REALMS of EXISTENCE and may as well INCARNATE into new bodies with VARIOUS PHYSICAL/METAPHYSICAL ABILITIES = TO OR HIGHER THEN THOSE SEEN IN THEIR PREVIOUS BODIES/ENVIRONMENT SUITS IN THE 3RD DIMENSION. These HIGHER ASCENDED beings may be what many knew or related in the past to ANGELS*/GUARDIANS FOR THEIR SERVICES TO OTHERS....

So to conclude OP the levels where the SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGIES of the being(s) exist or home to is related to the deeds performed by the SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGIES why within a 3d body/prana suit/environment suit, weather it be a HEAVEN or HELL new relocation of the SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGIES during what are called ascension periods of internal universal energies (not only human) possibly re manifesting the SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGY within a 3d body that would be GUIDED or ran-overseen by HIGH ARC ANGEL or HIGH LOWER DEMON.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

edit on 6/4/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

I dont log in much but when I do I choose ATS
. Here is what I have found out on my journey to the other side my friend. Each and every one of us was meant to learn something. I cant tell you what it is because its different for everyone. I think? There is an afterlife. A place much much different than here words cant really explain. Their are entities there none human that I have seen. Oh this is called ascension I do believe. And if you dont complete your purpose your soul is washed (purgatory is the closest name ive came to) and you are reincarnated to try again. Our souls are being harvested for something bigger and greater than we can ever hope to understand here. But hope that helps and if you want to know more about it, well there are all kinds of substances that the earth provides for us that allow us to see this. Too bad they are all illegal but hey what can you do XD

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by EnochWasRight

oh sh*t, you dont miss a chance do you.

OP Unless you complain to the admin this prat wil fill your thread with his ramblings.
edit on 2-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

I would like to think negativity like this poster will be null and void!!!

The after life is more REAL than this life and negativity has no place because we all UNDERSTAND one another there for we have no fear....

Learning is still a priority and life is filled with love and no weight!!!

I could add more but life here on Earth is busy and living awaits

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Read the Seth material. It's as good a take as any and arguably the most logical. You'll have to get over the fact it's a channel message--haha. Same as getting over a tantrum-throwing murderous and jealous god to see Christ's message of love.

When belief dies, the ego can be trained to acquiesce to soul/spirit/awareness. The world can heal at this point. There is no going back to anything other than staying present to the moment.

In the present, there is a peace that surpasses all understanding. Way beyond any religious belief system. You begin to realize you are a creator in a creation machine. Destroy any emotional attachments to words. Charged words are indicators, much like a car, to alert you to your belief programming in place.

It's actually a brilliant system for the purpose of finding that eternal peace. But we have lost the manual. We are not taught how to use our creation machine bodies to flesh out creation in this 3D place. Instead we go to the chatter mind for leadership and direction. It's the ultimate bi-polar experience. Bi-polar is not a disease. It is a function of the thinking mind allowed to be run at race-car speeds in a society that demands as much out of its machines. Find the neutral gear in the machine and slow it down to idle. Then you will find there is a forward gear. As long as humanity programs itself in belief-level code, it will continue to flesh out belief-level creations.

But when the soul is given the helm, the chatter bi-polar mind has no course but to slowly re-program it's power for service to spirit to be used for amazing functionality and problem-solving and calculation.

The question of death and afterlife is accepted as an un-created, future probability. It will be experienced in its own present moment if it is programmed to occur.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

My Grandfather once thought like you. Before he passed on i told him to come see me in my dream to let me know what he was up to..... He did and it was awesome !!!

For the one who experiences.... Its as real as real gets

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've been studying the Tibetan Book of the Dead for years. I have about an hour of the essential prayers memorized and use them in my meditation. When someone dies I have to read about 3 1/2 hours of prayers and it's pretty intense. On some occasions the dead people who I have read the prayers for have come to me in my dreams and given me a few clues. One guy talked to me through my window floating outside and said in the afterlife it is total freedom to do whatever you want except you don't have a body. But my grandmother was a bit more detailed. She actually took me by the hand and led me to the afterlife. She said the mental state is pretty much the same as when you're alive. In the mind (alive or dead) there is not much difference. Except you realized that that is all you have. I remember her telling me that there is no physical place that is heaven or hell. You are in heaven when you have love in your heart and you are in hell if you have hate in your heart. It is as simple as that. When I awoke the idea came to me that that is the very essence of the teaching of Christ.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by elmoastro

We're asked to speculate on something that for many of us we lack a memory of our pre-birth. We forget. The body is created during the birth process. It has an operating span and we've created time to measure our experiences and for creation purposes. But the soul/spirit/awareness/subconscious/? seems to have no attachments to this plane of existence. We travel in our sleep, we communicate like radio transmitters and we don't even know how we do it. That is why we are here. To learn how to create. To harness the ego, to unleash the power of soul through the vehicle of mind/body, to see it in 3D.

There's enough experiential evidence from people who have an understanding of the big game to see there is more than we know in this experience. Much like getting lost in a book or movie, we are lost in this adventure. We look to the end but we don't even know what we're looking for.

We don't have anxiety about the days ten months prior to our birth. That to me is interesting. For most, we have no recollection of a past. Yet we accept sperm/egg to answer the koan of our non-existence prior to conception! That to me is hysterical.

"The afterlife will be like the beforelife." That might be my new t-shirt slogan.

edit on 4-6-2012 by elmoastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

You are amazing. Thank you!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join