It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do ATS members think the afterlife is like?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I am looking for peoples theories on what is on the other side, be it the 7th dimension, heaven/hell, Valhalla or the big sleep (Many other interpretations as well, I just used these as examples).

Please feel free to play Devil's Advocate, I have a feeling I might!

Lets all be grown up, and respect each others beliefs, physically, Metaphysically and theologically. Also remember that this is not a competition, simply educated guesses and having a friendly discussion!

OBE (Out of body experiences) subjects please feel free to add your experience.

Also, do you think other "entities" such as aliens would occupy this realm if they in fact are flesh and blood? How about kittens and such? If so why? and if not, why not?

Awaiting responses with great interest!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
None of my X's will be there. All of my pets who've crossed Rainbow Bridge will be there. Telemarketers will be on my *do not enter* list....yep, that sounds about right....

Des

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing but peace and quiet...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seagurt
I am looking for peoples theories on what is on the other side, be it the 7th dimension, heaven/hell, Valhalla or the big sleep (Many other interpretations as well, I just used these as examples).

Please feel free to play Devil's Advocate, I have a feeling I might!

Lets all be grown up, and respect each others beliefs, physically, Metaphysically and theologically. Also remember that this is not a competition, simply educated guesses and having a friendly discussion!

OBE (Out of body experiences) subjects please feel free to add your experience.

Also, do you think other "entities" such as aliens would occupy this realm if they in fact are flesh and blood? How about kittens and such? If so why? and if not, why not?

Awaiting responses with great interest!

Kittens? KITTENS??? Oh no, no, NO! NOT kittens!!! Felines get such a horrible rap concerning this "entity" stuff. They're just adorable little balls of fluff. Nothing evil to see here, just move on... :~ D

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Every physical bit of you becomes recycled energy and matter for the rest of the universe and specifically our planet to keep creating with. You, a sculpture, become modelling clay again.

No physical part of you, Seagurt, will ever feel or witness or know of anything after your brain dies and heart stops, because you'll be being recycled in tiny, precious pieces.

And we are all made of our ancestors pieces.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Isnt being here ,the afterlife?
Things to do after your life is over
#1 sitting in front of a computer
#2 ---

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I agree, and I sure hope so!

Because if I come back as a spirit, and have to hang out, and the only people who can hear me are D bags like John Edward, I will have to re kill kill myself.. And then go for that whole release from consciousness and come from which I came, stardust!

Would you not think if you remained on Earth as a spirit. Forever is not forever! At least not Earth anyway. Think of all the "spirits" we have on Earth right now. Do they just go away when no one is there to observe them? Or do they remain? After a few million years the the Sun will consumes the earth when it becomes a Red Giant at the end of its life. Then what? That is the issue I have with the after life, and your spirit staying on earth. Would the sun be like the ultimate Ghost buster?

I feel the soul is our consciousness. And once released from that energy field we will no longer resemble anything here in the 3rd Dimension. Who knows after that.
I just know ghosts and spirits are something else all together. And they use our thoughts, and memories to manifest into something we do not understand in a scientific manner yet.
edit on 2-6-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2012 by zysin5 because: 1.2

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Like a endless ATS thread

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I dunno still alive but perhaps more thought based less physical but individual in experience no 2 people would experience it the same perhaps a group experience ie tunnel of light incredibly beautiful garden just going by some nde I read somewhere

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It is life that is the illusion, therefore I have no idear.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

"Future bliss can neither be imagined, explained, nor described. We know nothing of its nature, form, greatness, or beauty, its quantity or quality. This much one should know, the phrase, "the world to come," does not imply that it is a world yet to be called into existence; it exists already, but the phrase is employed to describe the life into which those who are in the present stage of existence will be transposed when they throw off this mortal coil."

This is a quote that I like from the Midrash Tanhuma. The fact that the human mind cannot yet comprehend the next stage of our spiritual life is important to note. There is nothing in this reality that gives us a sense of the true reality. Why is that? Because we are living in an image. We are an image of our soul.

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

There are two things to note about this. First, we are inside an image created by God that is a moving image in 3 dimensions. It is a image that is multidimensional, with color, taste, touch and smell. We already live in a multidimensional reality that is then moved in the fourth dimension of time. Time, Space, Matter and Energy in an image that moves. Images are not real. They are only a reflection of the original.

Genesis 1:1

In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

If we are going to then think of what it is like to remove our consciousness from the image, we need to know what we are the image of. Hebrews helps us with this.

Hebrews 11

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

First, it is not visible with only 5 senses. The wavelength that we can sense is narrow. What if we could see other frequencies? What texture would they possess with a broadened awareness at our disposal? What if I could experience thoughts from others with the same five senses I possess today? What if mathematics had texture? For me, the next life is one where our vehicle is broadened with new gifts of awareness and ability. Why are we fixed to the senses we possess in this life? I think the answer to this is for our safety. We are bound by a law that will also be removed after this life. In fact, it was removed 2000 years ago for anyone who has faith in God.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

All of this is locked in a word called Spirit. Spirit is consciousness. A Holy Spirit is one that only desires good. Currently, we are locked in the middle. Why? The simple answer is so that we are forced to make a choice between the darkness and the light. The kingdom of God must only have light. We make choices. Better stated, our choices make us.

What if fruit and vegetables tasted like chocolate and cane sugar? What if all food was profitable to our taste buds? What if we inherited a world that was already built? This is the case when we step into the promised land. What do we inherit? We know by checking the instructions for the promised land.

Deuteronomy 4

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars —all the heavenly array —do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Notice that the universal symbol of Earth is Egypt. Notice that it is a smelting furnace. Trials shape us for our future in God's kingdom of the universe. What do we inherit in the universe (Heaven)?

John 14

14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

What can we expect there?

Deuteronomy 6

10 When the LORD your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the LORD, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

edit on 2-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well if there is an afterlife it must be a bit crowded by now.

My idea of heaven (I dont believe sorry) would be Just me an my dog and an endless walk.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

oh sh*t, you dont miss a chance do you.

OP Unless you complain to the admin this prat wil fill your thread with his ramblings.
edit on 2-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by windus

I had made no assumptions, and I do agree with most of what you say, though there have been experiments that have verified (to a degree) that a part of our personality continues, as well as memories.

But this is all subjective.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

oh sh*t, you dont miss a chance do you.

OP Unless you complain to the admin this prat wil fill your thread with his ramblings.
edit on 2-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

My post was on topic. Your post just derailed the thread. If you want to answer the question, then use context that accomplishes the goal from your own perspective. I think the OP asked that we preserve the dignity of the posters.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

there have been experiments that have verified (to a degree) that a part of our personality continues, as well as memories.

I would love to hear about that in this thread actually.

I stated a physical reality, in my original answer to you, which may not have really answered the question you posed properly.

What would our memories or personalities practically latch or imprint onto if they are just built connections between neurons? Neurons that no longer have electricity making them function, assuming we are dead?

Edit: I find I'm either hitting the wrong reply or somehow the site is forgetting my reply to code at the beginning of a reply. I hope this reaches you as a direct response. I might quote your response to me just to keep the thread clear. Thanks for your patience Seagurt.
edit on 2-6-2012 by windus because: I am effing up a simple system apparently

edit on 2-6-2012 by windus because: There we go, quote and my response back. Hope our convo continues.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Ill buy that...sweet sounds of nothing

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I dont want to derail so this is my last word but tell us. How many posts have you had removed for being off topic?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by windus

Perhaps it is not so much a matter of the science we already know, but rather things that we can not fully comprehend at this point.

Assuming that the energy is recycled into the Noosphere for re purposing, that info would technically be there (a collective memory and personality), and just a thought, but perhaps it would be a choice.

I was referring to the Spiricom voice recordings done in the 80's in which apparent communication was made, and certain questions answered, but I am still a skeptic at heart.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by windus
Every physical bit of you becomes recycled energy and matter for the rest of the universe and specifically our planet to keep creating with. You, a sculpture, become modelling clay again.

No physical part of you, Seagurt, will ever feel or witness or know of anything after your brain dies and heart stops, because you'll be being recycled in tiny, precious pieces.

And we are all made of our ancestors pieces.

An acorn has the information to build the 75 foot oak three. Can't information be saved and lost? Who is to say that our information is not stored by the hydrogen cycle? Water and stars are entangled with planets through the solar cycle. I would assume stars are entangled as well. Redundancy is a sure sign that the oak tree will perpetuate a new generation. It's also the sign of a skilled designer. Jesus said, "You must be born again." I take this as an indication that we have no choice. We are baptized into the water of reality until we express the next stage of development.

It's important to consider the Hermetic axium, "As above, so below. As below, so above. As within, as without. As without, as within." A baby is born, but not before the two before it fall in love. The sperm and egg come together and create a new life. The new life is veiled in the womb from what comes next. When it emerges from the darkness, it comes into a new life with the light. It now has much more freedom than it did before. It thinks deeper and has a broadened awareness. Who is to say that the Earth is not, yet, another womb? We are veiled from what comes next. How do we give birth? Two become one. The soul and spirit must find love. The Spirit is God. The soul is us.

The answer to the afterlife will be found by examining the larger picture that nature paints. As above, so below. The answer is in the image mirrored by both.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join