It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why CANADA should hang its head in SHAME in 2012!! (Warning: Graphic Pics)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You are rehashing old arguments that quite frankly don't hold any water.

Anti sealers have been trying to demonize the sealers for 30 years now and have effectively done several things things.
1. taken food off the table of honest hardworking sealers who humanly kill their prey.

(That's right. one quick and powerfull blow that instantly kills the animal in question. btw the pelt and meat are all used and consumed)

2. forced a reduction in seal quotas which helped cause the massive reduction in fish stocks in the grand banks.

3. really made themselves look foolish when they identify all canadians as blood thirsty killers.

4. really make themselve look stupid when they don't educate themselves before posting their hatefull propaganda.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk
i am canadian and this is banned, people still do it, get caugh and go in jail... your data is outdated... not many people do this, like 0.01% people do this? huh? I think my statistic is overated too...

Seal hunting isn't banned in Canada. Like all hunting, it is administrated. The bans are from other nations on importing seal products.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Americans really are such a bunch of hypocrites, they point at Canada and get all indignated and they huff and puff about what goes on north of the border, yet hardly anyone in that country talks about Bhopal, most probably don't even know what that is.

It's time you Canadians started pointing out to the yanks where their country ends and to remind them to keep their opinions on their side of the border.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
Americans really are such a bunch of hypocrites, ...

The OP is NOT American. Stop bashing them because of what the OP has posted. It makes you look ignorant.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
These people are the lowest form of scum, and do not represent me, or most people I know. Second, Canada's official pass-time is Hockey, the official sport is Lacrosse. Please do not judge an entire country based on the few. That's how stupid people end up thinking that all people that wear turbans are bad...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by albertabound

... Canada's official pass-time is Hockey,

Which, in all honesty, isn't all that far removed from seal clubbing. "Hockey" is CanaCode for people clubbing.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

He's right, folks. You think the NHL is bad? Go to a Men's League game. I sometimes question the sanity of those men.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by sweetstuff

Well a country is as a country does. You have voted for your current government and they are still not acting on this quickly enough.

If you are talking about the american government, then that is ridiculous to say when so much election rigging has come to light since way back in the "bush the second" days.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read your post clearly, sorry about that.
edit on 1-6-2012 by poopmaster2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Are you kidding me??!!! I am Canadian, and I do not no a single other Canadian who has performed or supports seal clubbing. This is horrible. I think the seal hunting is disgusting. And even I as a Canadian would bash the face of any seal clubber. WHY ARE YOU STEREOTYPING CANANDIANS??? You have a picture of "average Canadians" WTF!!!! They do not look like average canadians, they look like druggies or low life scum! This thread should be tooken down. I am offended! SEAL CLUBBING IS NOT A NATIONAL SPORT!!! NOR IS IT NECESSITY!! Thisis insane, I would never do this activity and no one I know does.This is horrible stereotyping. Canada will not hang its head in shame. The minority( NOT MAJORITY) of candians who still do this will hang there heads in shame. I don't even live near ice or seals. I couldn't club them if I waned to, But I never would.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have to say it amazes me how people eat up the information they are fed by animal welfare groups without bothering to take a few minutes to find out the truth about the seal hunt. The Canadian seal hunt is one of the most humane hunts to take place in the world. As to the number of seals taken this year is was around 70,000. The quota was 400,000. There are estimated to be around 8-9 million harp seals in the north Atlantic. Even if the total quota were taken that is not going to make a big impact on the stock. And those cute pictures of seals you see are of white coats or baby seals which haven't been hunted since the 80's. With regards to the clubbing, most seals today are shot with a rifle. The hakapik or "club" is sometimes still used but has been found to be an efficient tool designed to kill the seal quickly and humanely.If some people saw the inside of a slaughterhouse they might realize that this is no different than what happens in every country in the world. The only thing is blood stands out more on white ice in the public view than behind the closed doors of a slaughterhouse.

Here are a couple of links to provide you with more information on the seal hunt.

www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca...

www.sealharvest.ca...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

This coming from you? The person who feels that it is ok to take whatever you want from people if they are dumb enough? Whatever happend to your satanic principles?

CJ

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
You are rehashing old arguments that quite frankly don't hold any water.

Anti sealers have been trying to demonize the sealers for 30 years now and have effectively done several things things.
1. taken food off the table of honest hardworking sealers who humanly kill their prey.

(That's right. one quick and powerfull blow that instantly kills the animal in question. btw the pelt and meat are all used and consumed)

2. forced a reduction in seal quotas which helped cause the massive reduction in fish stocks in the grand banks.

3. really made themselves look foolish when they identify all canadians as blood thirsty killers.

4. really make themselve look stupid when they don't educate themselves before posting their hatefull
propaganda.

But... But... they're so furry and cute!!! It'd be totally okay if they were clubbing spiders.. or or... snakes... big, huge snakes...

No man, there's no point in trying to bring up any sort of rational discussion about the issue. Which is why it's best to just let the little internet ring do its thing and let people who have experience and knowledge in the field make the decisions or inform decision makers.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Aw.....Poor little seals!
Youll all be swearing vengance when the mackerel industry fails because we banned seal hunting....
Nature is about BALANCE>
The seal hunters come from New Foundland....Not Canada!(we recently let them into the country ....1949)
So we are not the culprits.....Please get your facts straight.....
Theres a reason that Newfoundland Screech is so powerful.....(moonshine made from mollasses and fish guts, aged in wooden casks and distilled through old copper plumbing....)
It keeps ya warm out on the ice pack and numbs the sensibilities while the grizzly task of harvesting baby seals is carried out.
These brave men and boys have been harvesting seals for over a century.....
The fishermen who came here before that did likewise....
When have you stopped into your local slaughter house lately?
There you will see equally horrid ways of dispatching animals who sometimes refuse to die as planned.
How about the deliberate killing of laboratory animals through direct injection of diseases???then dissecting them?
Every facet of human consumption of fauna....for whatever reason, is like this.....you just dont see it .....(or deny it)
When its thrown in yer face you get squeemish, but you just love yer new fur lined mittens...and yer pepsi with the fetus hormones in it.....
yall make me sick.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yes it's bad. But I'm sorry I had to post this.

With all the natural and man made fibers. Do we really need seal fur?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The quota was 400,000. There are estimated to be around 8-9 million harp seals in the north Atlantic. Even if the total quota were taken that is not going to make a big impact on the stock.
reply to post by cdhawk

Hi, your above statement is what I am talking about. You have said that the 70,000 that were killed is not going to make much difference to the stock!! That is not the point of the post. Even if only 100 are clubbed to death with the spike they use its still not right.

Lets go way overboard a minute and say the 6 million jews the Nazi killed is not really going to make a big impact on the stock.....it makes a whole lot of difference to the jews though. Not correct.

Seals feel pain and have similar type feelings to us humans research although limited has shown. Imagine you being clubbed to death or 100 humans.....is that ok as there is plenty of stock left.

Look at the big deal they made when zimmerman killed that kid......a whole community went up and moaned to the world....the seals can not do that for their own.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Six6Six

This coming from you? The person who feels that it is ok to take whatever you want from people if they are dumb enough? Whatever happend to your satanic principles?

CJ

I understand your point here....however let me retort.

As you would know if you have read any of my posts, I care less for my average fellow man than I do for defenseless animals.

The world is in the mess it is because of MAN not animals.

I have a English Staffordshire Bull terrier and I value his life of 2 years far higher than most humans. Humans barely value their own lives and they constantly fight, war and kill each other. No other species on this planet is as greedy and sadistic as the Human Race.

You dont like it? I don't care one bit. Read my posts about homeless, jobless, welfare parasites, religous, and anyone who does not stand on their own two feet and contribute their FULL share to the country they are from or living in. No excuses, I just don't care for them.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The seals are eaten and nothing is wasted, seems fine to me. Whats the other option let them overpopulate leading to fish extinction, and a slow starving death? Eventually nature will restore the balence on it's own, but your gonna see alot of seals die while you wait.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
you are just plain out ignorant. no other way to put it. as a Canadian I'm only affected by this because it happen in my country. clearly looking at these two individuals I can tell they are not Canadian. I'm going to leave it at that and change the direction of this a little bit. Im going to say an American made this post. If my assumption is correct, then you have a lot to think about in your country, because mine is not like this. Americans Idea of fun is releasing viruses to humans and letting them loose, to just eat peoples faces? Good job America, you guys are so innocent aren't you. and please don't make me fully remind you of your country's huge embarrassment that they planned, and called 911. 2 points for the U.S. the list of in humane "sports" that u.s participates in is end list. so please, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Great Post OP!!

You totally sucked everyone in with the All Caps in the title(CANADA,SHAME), and including the" Graphic Pics Warning" at the end is a good touch to ensure you get more people to view the topic... You must be extremely upset about the killing of seals, or just looking to stir up some emotional responses from the other members.

The use of the characters from FUBAR(which is an awesome movie btw) for the "Average Canadian" pic was a good add as well to show off our Canadian Culture. You must have seen this movie before to know how to find that pic, if you didnt, please let me know what search you used to find the image

ANYHOO...
Here is a great page on the Oceans and Fisheries Canada Site that contains Myths and Realities.

Here is a snippet from the site

Myth: Canadian harvesting practices are worse and more inhumane compared to other countries.

Reality: Canadian harvesting practices are among the best in the world. They are guided by rigorous animal welfare principles that are internationally recognized by virtually all independent observers. The Government of Canada monitors the seal harvest closely and it is committed to enforcing the regulations to the fullest extent of the law. According to Fisheries and Oceans observers, 98.5% of seals harvested in 2009 were harvested in compliance with the Marine Mammal Regulations, an indication of the high level of professionalism and the commitment to humaneness of Canadian sealers.

And here is the link:
Canadian Seal Harvest - Myths and Realities

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Existence51
you are just plain out ignorant. no other way to put it. as a Canadian I'm only affected by this because it happen in my country. clearly looking at these two individuals I can tell they are not Canadian. I'm going to leave it at that and change the direction of this a little bit. Im going to say an American made this post. If my assumption is correct, then you have a lot to think about in your country, because mine is not like this. Americans Idea of fun is releasing viruses to humans and letting them loose, to just eat peoples faces? Good job America, you guys are so innocent aren't you. and please don't make me fully remind you of your country's huge embarrassment that they planned, and called 911. 2 points for the U.S. the list of in humane "sports" that u.s participates in is end list. so please, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Please stop attacking American people and their country!! Its getting out of hand and for no reason either!!

Why are the dumb attacking AMERICA on this thread about Canadians killing baby seals?

Someone?

edit on 1-6-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join