It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why CANADA should hang its head in SHAME in 2012!! (Warning: Graphic Pics)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
reply to post by thegagefather

Harper and his backers are to blame for this! We have petitioned our governments to stop the whole asbestos thing.
it's sad really!

I'm not sure but I think the asbestos mine has been shut down?

No, it hasn't.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's just no longer the biggest Asbestos mine. Although the magnesium factory got shut down. Not sure that matters, though..

edit on 1-6-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It used to be highlighted on this page...

townshipsheritage.com...

But as soon as Jon Stewart brought it to attention on the Daily Show, it got swept under the rug.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

oh glorious england,the only country on the planet with no blemishes!!!

your pathetic monarchy 'claimed' canada,never really bought it from the natives.
i guess it was easier to club the native canadians into submission so you could take it before the french did!
i guess baby seals are cuter eh!
then you promised scottish and irish peasants glorious land tracks in canada for free,only to be taxed by england
after they starting promoting off of their 'free' land.
when the immigrants arrived in canada all they saw was a frozen tundra covered in trees!
years had to be spent to clear land to farm,animals and people were dropping like flies!
oh how much we owe england! the peasants will work our newly 'aquired' land,when they've done that then we'll move in!!!
thanx for your country's undying loyalties to it's subjects!
by the way,scotland is sick of you too and soon it will be free too.
say hi to the IRA for me!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
OP, how can you manage to take a good cause, worthy of attention, and turn it into the most ignorant rant about another country I've ever read? If you came across a little less xenophobic, it would be hard to argue with you about this. Screaming ''BLAME CANADA'' is hurting your cause. There are sick people everywhere that would if they had seals handy. According to your logic should we blame Africa for all the big game hunting that happens there?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why waste good expensive bullets
when a club will do??

The eskimo's have been doing this for a thousand years..
It was their only food source.
Inuit tradition goes on.
The poor people were brought up on this.
As culture is learnt generation to generation it passes down,
so does most all the customs..
The seals don't feel a thing,
one good whack to the back of the neck
breaks the spinal cord disconnects their
little brain and it is over in a matter of a tenth
of a second..
edit on 1-6-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

the globe and mail. (asbestos mines)

So it seems to me from this article that the mines are closed! There is a push to have them re-opened, but there is also a HUGE push from the people, the medical community, the cancer boards and others who do not want them re-opened.......EVER!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

you idiot!!! these people are just as advanced as the people who built your stone henge!!!

how dare you!!! your gone dude!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by Echtelion

well i guess us canadian 'idiots' will have to look to the states as an enviromental protection leader of the world!!!

bufoon!

Where did I say anything about the US? You can't sweep off the guilt on the other countries, you know... we're all in this mess together, unless YOU make a difference in real life.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Originally posted by Dreamer99
I am Canadian. I don't club seals. No one I know or have ever known has, to my knowledge, ever clubbed a seal. I have been aware of the problem for some time, and am not surprised by it. For you, however, to insinuate that I, a 'common Canadian', would have no problem with this is as far from the mark as you can get. Most Canadians live nowhere near any seal population, how can we rely on seal clubbing? I suppose you imagine I'm typing this from an igloo, too.

Educate yourself before you attempt to educate others.

The excuse of living nowhere near the seals is not a valid argument. I live no where near the Sun but I still get a tan.

When your country commits brutalities like this then unfortunately your get tarnished with the brush!!

Just like when Canada one day succeeds in something globally as a nation you will reap the glory in all its light. You can not pick and choose when you wish to be part of the team you are on!!
edit on 31-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

Yes, and as a Canadian I feel we should stop allowing the seal hunt. We should stop allowing people from outside of Canada come into the country for this 'sport'. Where are you from? I can almost guarantee that there have been hunters from you neck of the woods as this has become a very international event by participation....like most other hunts in Canada. We are definitely responsible for not calling EVERYONE out for this. Your blatant sensationalism and average joe Canuck bashing is really out of line.

Get an attitude adjustment already.
(Notice NO Yankee bashing here???)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Just not quite right or clicking up there. Unfortunately I am an American and my system here can't punish those moronic Canadians for what they are doing. Someone that screwed up I am sure would have no qualms about doing the same horrors to dogs or cats perhaps even people.

Canada's government is a sham a bigger baluga (metaphor intend) than the U.S. government so really they have like one party there, the Stephen Harper party. And it is about kissing bending knuckles down and backwards for the queen and her fugly looking face and principles of England. What a pathetic thing, more clearly showing of lack of principles and morals in that country. And they make fun of the U.S for being rednecks sorry. Feel sorry for ya'll.
edit on 1-6-2012 by MarkScheppy because: a

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I realize you only made this thread to rile up people, particularly Canadians. I can say you have previously expressed taking advantage of nimrods for pleasure - Is this fun?

I really don't believe you when you say this is about baby seals and the shame this brings. I believe you simply wanted to make a thread where by you could laugh at the people responding. Seriously bro, as a satanist why do you care for the wellbeing of anything other than yourself? To say you have compassion for your bulldog makes me think you are just a satanist in theory, not practice. Your outrage is hooey.

CJ
edit on 1-6-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

perhaps...? would you like to show me more proof of your weakness and lack of intelligence.
here is why you should stop posting. your basing your whole argument off footage that was removed from a film.
a fictional film at that. so immediately your "perhaps I'm the ignorant one" comment makes me believe that your truly stupid and right out incompetent to use your brain. now please stop embarrassing yourself before I use my intelligence to make you question yourself, whether or not you're mentally retarded.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I know that Canada models its army on the french one so effective war tactics are not Canadas forte but winning a fighte against little seals is not the way the gain a great rep in battle!!

And generlizations is only your word. You can not prove the number of people that do or do not club the crap out of seal.

Gaia has about had enough of Aye canadians. Pretty ridiculous how people get their fun, you should be protesting the police state laws and legislation, use that aggression towards your beaurocrats and moronic legislatures! (but of course that would require some higher thinking and principles.)

Can't believe those pictures, My god how unbelievable. Yeah I don't put too much stock on the intelligence of people from Canuckistan (not from what I have ordain experienced.) Something not quite right there, my buddy here in the states says it is because they have never had a constitution.
edit on 1-6-2012 by MarkScheppy because: aye

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I agree that this needs to end. But there are even more horrific things happening in the world that we should be even more upset about. For Example the World Health Organization says 40-50 million babies are aborted every year. Genocide of the unwanted unborn, is a much greater travesty than some cute animal getting slaughtered.

Pick your battles according to the level of injustice.

And just a little FYI Canada's official national sport is Lacrosse, but culturally their national sport is Hockey.
Only a few brutes do this, and they are sick people, they in no way represent Canadians or there culture.
That being said the Canadian government should end this. But it never comes up during elections, so it seems there is no political motivation.

The OP is designed to get an emotional response, it's wrong, it's terrible; but much worse things are happening in the world.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
this thread just sounds like all "normal" canadians are more concerned clearing their own name than doing something about the actual problem

the op's sentiments are even more true for your protesting of the thread title. You should all hang your head in shame.

Seal clubbing wouldn't be allowed to happen in somewhere like the UK or France so why is it allowed to happen in Canada? Because you're all to lazy to do something, would rather sit on the internet whinging about your countrymen being called into question

Canada hang your head in shame or go to do something.

At last a sensible and well constructed comment!!

What this person says is so true. Other decent countries would not allow this at all...NO MATTER WHAT!!

Don't agree with me, you religious nut. I've seen your sentiments on homosexuality and that wouldn't be allowed to happen in other countries either.

Gay bashing, seal bashing, little difference morally.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Did no read or see pics...why dont they shoot them instead?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Do you Bar-b-que or deep fry seals???
Kinda makes a guy hungry.....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

[quoted quote omitted]

I just wanted to point out that it is the US government that are war hounds, therefore your comparison does not really apply to this situation. Haha...Carry on. Oh, and I agree this is horrible, but I doubt that most ordinary citizens partake in this, as was mentioned in the above quote. How could anyone bash in the head of something that cute?

Slightly OT but true: The U.S. government could not be the warhound that it is if a large portion of the populace weren't also war hounds.
edit on 6/1/2012 by dubiousone because: Spelling correction.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

That is because other countries like Iran would just kill you for being gay.
I wish evolution would hurry up on the gay community.....That is why 2 of the same sex cannot reproduce together...even nature doesn't want you.....l

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm against hunting for sport entirely. But to club an animal to death is worse than just shooting it and having instant or quick death. There is no excuse for clubbing an animal to death and those that do it are disgusting. If anyone condones it, you are disgusting too. There's no reason to abuse animals. Killing a seal is murder and shows how sick in the head you are!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join