It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why CANADA should hang its head in SHAME in 2012!! (Warning: Graphic Pics)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
First we have a couple of average Canadians looking harmless. Would you think these two or anyone like this could do the following?

Ahahahaha, wow.... goes to show how much you actually know about Canadians. Not surprised in the least.

Heres a picture of two average americans:

hard to imagine these people dying an early death due to high cholesterol and/or drowning in a shallow puddle.... right? AM I RIGHT!?!?!?!?!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetstuff
First of all, Canada's national sport? Maybe you should educate yourself on the facts a bit, as the majority of Canadians, myself included live no where near any seals, nor engage in any seal hunting and there have been protests, as well as letters written to parliment on the practice which I agree is horrific.

However lumping all Canadians in as seal killing clubbers would be no different than me calling all Americans war hounds, etc. Deny ignorance.

You tell em sweetstuff! Everybody knows that Canada's national sport is LACROSS! Clubbing seals is just something that needs to stop, like a lot of things on old Planet Earth. So you Canadians have evil bastards amongst you, you still can't hold a candle to the U.S. in that regard, but your catching up.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

First of all, Canada's national sport? Maybe you should educate yourself on the facts a bit, as the majority of Canadians, myself included live no where near any seals, nor engage in any seal hunting and there have been protests, as well as letters written to parliment on the practice which I agree is horrific.

However lumping all Canadians in as seal killing clubbers would be no different than me calling all Americans war hounds, etc. Deny ignorance.

You make a good point. The only way you can get the people who don't warmonger or seal murder but who also don't protest to finally take a stand is to include them with the murderers. It'll get the protesto4rs to fights harder, as we'll.

I say we call all americans war mongerers, since their leaders they elected are war monger, and we call all canadians torturers and murderers of seals because their elected leaders are, or at least allow it.

What I'm saying is, your countries leaders still let it be and you are still a citizen therefore you still have responsibility. I know, no one wants to claim their responsibilities, but no matter what you may argue you are still responsible for he elected leaders of the country you choose to reside in.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'd like to make it clear from my experience as a Canadian that your average Canadian despises this practice as much as anybody else. It's the native tribes here that do this sort of thing, and we can't do a thing about it because we are afraid to piss off the drunk & suicidal indians.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by Six6Six

I agree that this needs to end. But there are even more horrific things happening in the world that we should be even more upset about. For Example the World Health Organization says 40-50 million babies are aborted every year. Genocide of the unwanted unborn, is a much greater travesty than some cute animal getting slaughtered.

Sorry but I will have to seriously disagree with you. The last thing this over taxed, underfed planet needs is 40 to 50 million more unwanted babies. IMHO too many stupid people are breeding and it is why we have a huge chunk of all of our societies inhabitants being classified as "worthless eaters".

My wolf dog runs around on our ranch and kills rabbits, funny how he never seems to run out of tasty edible rabbit.... Someone needs to turn the wolves loose on worthless unplanned births by stupid people.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Socialized, gotta pay for the free heroin!

Blah what a bunch of strawberry garbage. Writing letters to the government there is about as effective as being Dr. Doolittle. Their government is do little and do nothing. You would believe that the animal rights bozos up there would be in a rage, but this proves they are welps themselves, bleeding hypocrite fools who are in misery from too much socialized free heroin.
edit on 1-6-2012 by MarkScheppy because: a

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Canadas national sport is actually Lacrosse! Most people think its hockey. VERY few white Canadians take part in this barbaric past time. I have no problem with the aboriginals doing it, they live up there and only get about 3 week window to hunt for meat.

I dont condone it and i think you have to be a complete # head to do this for fun BUT. . .. . . Its a free country and i will defend an individuals right to continue bashing their adorable heads in. Up until such a time that these seals become endangered.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Canadas national sport is actually Lacrosse! Most people think its hockey. VERY few white Canadians take part in this barbaric past time. I have no problem with the aboriginals doing it, they live up there and only get about 3 week window to hunt for meat.

I dont condone it and i think you have to be a complete # head to do this for fun BUT. . .. . . Its a free country and i will defend an individuals right to continue bashing their adorable heads in. Up until such a time that these seals become endangered.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm not even going to read this one because I already know what its about. Of course anyone would show a picture of a 'sweet helpless baby' but like anything they grow up and devour parts of the fishing industry and if not kept in check the population explodes until their isn't a thing left to eat. But lets focus on the picture instead and assume that we know what's going on.
Or... we could focus on more pressing and relevant issues at hand.

Signed,

A Canadian.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by Six6Six

you idiot!!! these people are just as advanced as the people who built your stone henge!!!

how dare you!!! your gone dude!

hahaha...what are your little red faces about? A little peeved are you?

Too bad, I don't see advanced I see backwards and out of touch with reality. Primitive is bang on!!

How dare i? I don't have to trudge around trying to scrap a living by bashing seals heads in.

edit on 1-6-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
In addition to the fish I mentioned in my first post, it just occurred to me...we had lobster this morning for breakfast...lobsters that we slowly tortured and killed last night. Boiled alive. You could almost hear them scream, like condemned souls burning in a relentless, virulent hell.

But, yeah...save the pretty seals!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adlai

I say we call all americans war mongerers, since their leaders they elected are war monger, and we call all canadians torturers and murderers of seals because their elected leaders are, or at least allow it.

What I'm saying is, your countries leaders still let it be and you are still a citizen therefore you still have responsibility. I know, no one wants to claim their responsibilities, but no matter what you may argue you are still responsible for he elected leaders of the country you choose to reside in.

Suspect they will become the war mongers that Americans are. Wait and see. By that time one would hope that the whole "mayan" end times thing starts happening. Urga, yeah heavy death metal, I know you guys are into that crap up there, nasty voices and death lyrics pounding senseless guitar chords. Rage RAGE! Canadians are still evolving give it more time and then the yetis will develop.
edit on 1-6-2012 by MarkScheppy because: a

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I agree that this needs to end. But there are even more horrific things happening in the world that we should be even more upset about.

Yes there are, like famine and aids and whatever topic you choose to bring up. But like I have said Humans deserve the misery they have inflicted upon themselves. We destroyed this planet and we destroy every animals living habitat.

I don't give a damn about starving africans or aborted babies or aids victims, or all the other sob stories of unemployed or no money, after all we have the knowledge to understand what is going on and to challenge it.......the animals do NOT!!

Most of the people on this thread are challenging my thing as I have attacked Canada. However, as a country YOU should be pushing your politicians to STOP this brutality towards animals.
Last year - more people campaigned for the legalization of cannabis (typical drug enthused morons) than they did campaigning the government to stop Seal Massacring.

Sad people up there!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Harp seal is surprisingly tasty...and a good source of omega-3.

And the skins make wickedly soft clothing.

I wonder why the outrage? They are the deer of the ocean. The hunt helps keep the population (which has tripled since the Canadian government began monitoring and regulating in 1952-53) in check.

Even WWF deems clubbing (hakapiking) just as humane as shooting.

Where's the beef? Or should I say seal...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hombero
I'd like to make it clear from my experience as a Canadian that your average Canadian despises this practice as much as anybody else. It's the native tribes here that do this sort of thing, and we can't do a thing about it because we are afraid to piss off the drunk & suicidal indians.

See typical Canadian blaming the natives.

Drunk and suicidal - well if you did cut them such a bad deal and abuse the crap out of them they may be more proactive.

However, I saw many white people clubbing this year mostly whites - are they natives?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

I just wanted to point out that it is the US government that are war hounds, therefore your comparison does not really apply to this situation. Haha...Carry on. Oh, and I agree this is horrible, but I doubt that most ordinary citizens partake in this, as was mentioned in the above quote. How could anyone bash in the head of something that cute?

It applies, because if a presidential candidate is anti was, he is booed off the stage. Don't blame it entirely on your government. A large portion of the US citizens are perfectly ok with war, many support it at every turn.

Ask Santorum, Mitt Romney or Obama if the citizens are ok with war, seems they are, no?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

We have what is called a "Charter of Rights" Your buddy is just ill informed.

A Charter of Rights is just another name for a constitution.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Even better than that, we have the Constitution of Canada, formed by the Constitution Act of 1982.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Ok, I am a very passive person but can not withstand voicing myself on this absurdness. Seal clubbing is not a national sport nor "favourite" pass time. It's not like Canadians produce a calendar with the long anticipated seal hunting season marked on it. It is carried out from my knowledge solely in the maritime provinces. So for you to classify all Canadians into the one group shows us your ignorance, and personally with your demeanor, arrogance as well.
One might ask themselves why each year around half a million seals can be clubbed? Thought processing might kick in and perhaps it's because their population thrives. Why might their population thrive? The atlantic fishing grounds are one of the richest in the world. Seals have unfortunately been targeted as a predator roaming through these grounds.
I think if people were to educate themselves on the treatment of animals world wide then they wouldn't be so quick to throw the first stone. For anyone who is strong enough willed or not depressed I recommend the documentary earthlings. I am not aware of one nation that isn't guilty of specicism. Anyone that cages an animal is denying a very important right, freedom.
The picture you posted for the two typical Canadians is from FUBAR is it not? I would probably guess that about 1 in 1000 Canadians that I have seen have an appearance similar of the two that you posted.
The true 'Canadian Way', where and what makes you aware of the "Canadian Way?" From reading what you have written here and not knowing of your past ventures I can only speculate on the information at hand, you have NO idea what Canada is! I am Canadian and am learning something new everyday about my country, many which infuriate me.
As far as humane deaths, this style of clubbing is as humane if not more then most kills made hunting or at a slaughter house. I have hunted since age nine and have been taught to shoot for the head. Many are taught to shoot for the heart and lungs. This usually results in them having to track the animal after it takes off wounded, and scarred. Most people don't realize that the meat from a animal that is spooked or wounded before killed is essentially ruined as the adrenaline lingers in the muscle tissue. Lets just say ignorance is everywhere. When you see how most animals are killed in a slaughter house it is a blow to the head produced by a small compressed air ram. The killer in "No Country for Old Men" actually uses one in one of his murders and to punch the bolt out of a door. I can't see how a single blow to the head (usually) is worse then when coacher beef have their throats slit and are left to bleed out, fully conscious. I know the article said how some are skinned alive, this is horrendous without a doubt. This solely falls on the person administering the skinning and their level of awareness or mentality, some people just are just cruel. As bad as it is, it is human nature for those with power to administer it on those that don't, it's in our code. As long as you are aware of that than you can start to over come it, most people aren't capable of that.
I am sorry if my posts offend anyone, but sometimes you just have to be blatant.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by Six6Six

you idiot!!! these people are just as advanced as the people who built your stone henge!!!

how dare you!!! your gone dude!

hahaha...what are your little red faces about? A little peeved are you?

Too bad, I don't see advanced I see backwards and out of touch with reality. Primitive is bang on!!

How dare i? I don't have to trudge around trying to scrap a living by bashing seals heads in.

edit on 1-6-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

First, are you a vegan?
Second, do you use leather or fur or any type for anything?
Third, are you sure? Because if you drink pepsi you're drinking human fetus, and technically not a vegan. And most cakes and brownies have eggs in them, not vegan. Cars and wallets often use leather. Do you use shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, makeup, toothpaste, aspirin, laundry detergent, even bleach? All tested on animals. All new products are tested on animals. All old products were tested on animals when they were new. Any change in formula is tested on animals. Because, supposedly, our lives are more important than theirs. So why do you care about natives feeding themselves? It'd be different if they were, let's say, waterboarding, or electricuting them, while trying to keep them alive. If they wre to mace them and pen them up, injured andblind but let alive to suffer until later incarceration or dealth penalty, maybe therewould be a problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join