It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 2serious

I just filled out your most excellent poll. You've done a wonderful job on it. Thank You 2serous...

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid

Originally posted by Gedo:Rinne Tensei
reply to post by GodForbid

Sad to hear that.

Please give us some info about your equipments you used in order to analyze what could cause the matter.
I am at the finish line to set up the kit and i dont want to hear stories like that

Originally posted by 2serious
reply to post by GodForbid

Could you also tell us how much you were taking and how many days? Hope you feel better soon!

Sure guys.
This is the Soy Lecithin I used:
www.hollandandbarrett.com...
And the Vit C Powder:
www.hollandandbarrett.com...

Holland and Barrett is a trusted source in the UK, so I am hoping it is not the ingredients.

This is the USC I've been using:
www.google.co.uk...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=174170935556 15125378&sa=X&ei=DyrgT9DeJYyG8gOivvSVDw&ved=0CG8Q8wIwAg

The only thing I have been using that others have not is De-Ionized water instead of Distilled, but I hoped there wouldn't be much difference there.

On Friday I took 1.25 ounces twice on an empty stomach, the same on Saturday. On Sunday I took the 1.25 ounces in the morning and 0.75 later in the day. On the Monday I just took the 0.75 ounces in the morning.

The only other thing I can think of is that I am simply overdosing on vitamin C. I take opti-men multivitamins which is a 3 a day pill. I also drink a whole bottle of innocent smoothie a day at work, and rarely drink fizzy drinks like coke and always drink fruit juices. Perhaps I am simply getting more than enough vitamin C already.

Unless I am too acidic? Are there any alkaline foods I can eat to try to balance it out? Or should I try to baking soda recipe?

Thanks for your time guys, there's a chance it's just a weird coincidence, but it was very coincidental if you know what I mean, and to top it off, I haven't had any since yesterday AM, and this morning I have no headache.

All the best.
GodForbid.

I was going to wait before I posted here again, but I’ve read the latest posts and am too alarmed to wait. There are critical bits of info some here are missing:

1.) Do NOT substitute “De-ionized Water” for Distilled Water.

Use only absolutely PURE Distilled Water for making LEC.

“Distilled water is actually boiling the water and collecting the condensation as it cools again, so it produces pure water. De-ionized water only removes foreign ions, like heavy metals (Ca+2, etc) and other ions like SO4-2. The de-ionized water retains some impurities, like small bacteria.”

The heat used to make distilled water kills bacteria.

“Distilled and de-ionized water are similar in that both are subjected to a process that strips the water of its minerals. The processes are different yet both yield purified water, although distilled water is considered more pure due to its natural source (a surface spring) while the source of de-ionized water is usually tap water, which can contain contaminants.”

www.ehow.com...

If you’re using de-ionized water to fill your radiator, there’s no difference.

If you’re using this water to make micro-C for your body, there IS a crucial difference.

There are instructions in this thread for making your own distilled water. Also I'm sure you can find the instructions online.

2.) Some people are dissolving the Vitamin C in HOT water, even though the recipe says dissolve the C in cool water. Heat above 70 degrees* will DESTROY Vitamin C.

“Vitamin C is the most easily destroyed vitamin there is. It is destroyed by oxygen,
HEAT (above 70 degrees) and it leaks out into the cooking water because it is a water soluble vitamin.”

www.dietitian.com...

Those of you who used water hotter than room temperature destroyed all of the Vitamin C before the encapsulation process in the Sonic Cleaner.

The Lecithin granules are dissolved in hot (not boiling) water.

* at 100 degrees Fahrenheit, Vitamin C definitely breaks down. Boiling is at 212 degrees F.
edit on 20-6-2012 by AuranVector because: to add correction

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by AuranVector

The concoction looks like frothy yellow eggnog. No meniscus (separation of liquids). The taste is NOT noxious to me at all. I do not need a chaser, except water. I read not to take anything sweet with Vitamin C, sugar will block the absorption of C. (?)

I got my supplies today and I followed what is listed below. I ended up with yellow eggnog too, a little lighter than the color of lipo. No froth since I used the cleaner for over 30 mins. My cleaner will do up to 8 min cycles before it needs reset. I used a bambo chopstick to stir.

1/2 cup of hot water with TB of vit C

1 cup of hot water with 3 TB of lipo.

I blended the lipo for 5 mins with a hand blender and it ended up smooth looking, I combined it in the cleaner with the diluted vit C and ran the cleaner for 33 mins or so with stirring. Even though the above recipe says 3 2 min cycles I didn't notice much of a change for the first 20 mins then it looked a little lighter and the froth was all gone with none returning. I never soaked or cooled anything until the cleaner so I'm not sure if this is ok or not.
The end taste is more lipo than the sour taste of vit C which was what the concoction tasted like before the cleaner.

I took 1 1/2 TB and waiting to report on any changes...

Some people are dissolving the Vitamin C in HOT water, even though the recipe says dissolve the C in cool water. Heat above 70 degrees* will DESTROY Vitamin C.

“Vitamin C is the most easily destroyed vitamin there is. It is destroyed by oxygen,
HEAT (above 70 degrees) and it leaks out into the cooking water because it is a water soluble vitamin.”

www.dietitian.com...

Those of you who used water hotter than room temperature destroyed all of the Vitamin C before the encapsulation process in the Sonic Cleaner.

edit on 20-6-2012 by AuranVector because: to remove the F for Fahrenheit, 70 degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius? -- cannot find definitive answer.

* at 100 degrees Fahrenheit, Vitamin C definitely breaks down. 212 degrees Fahrenheit is boiling.
edit on 20-6-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Do you mean 70 degrees centigrade ?

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hi there,
Thanks for your pointers.
But DI water should be just fine for this. Conceivably, there could be a tad bit of bacteria that could cause the lipo C to spoil faster, but a small amount of bacterial contamination could also be found on any of the items used to make the Lipo C, or the container it is stored in, as they are not autoclaved. My line of work has required me to learn so much about water in its various forms, I am confident that DI is ok for making Lipo C.

Regarding Vit C and temp, here's a good thread over at the vit c foundation: www.vitamincfoundation.org...

I apologize for seemin' contrary with ya, 'cause I do appreciate your contribution to the dialogue, between you, me, and everybody we'll get this all ironed out

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Des

That's an excellent question. I assumed 70 degrees Fahrenheit because I got this info from an American site.
But that temperature seems too low.

70 degrees F = 21.1 degrees Celsius

70 degrees Celsius = 158 degrees Fahrenheit

The source I quoted did not specify, but on reflection, it must be 70 degrees Celsius.

This is what I was able to find:

Vitamin C definitely begins to break down at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Boiling is usually 212 degrees F or 100 degrees C (depends on elevation).

Pasteurization (60 - 70 degrees Celsius / or 140 degrees - 158 degrees Fahrenheit) definitely destroys Vitamin C.

I will edit my previous post. Thank you.
edit on 20-6-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chericher

Hi there,
Thanks for your pointers.
But DI water should be just fine for this. Conceivably, there could be a tad bit of bacteria that could cause the lipo C to spoil faster, but a small amount of bacterial contamination could also be found on any of the items used to make the Lipo C, or the container it is stored in, as they are not autoclaved. My line of work has required me to learn so much about water in its various forms, I am confident that DI is ok for making Lipo C.

Regarding Vit C and temp, here's a good thread over at the vit c foundation: www.vitamincfoundation.org...

I apologize for seemin' contrary with ya, 'cause I do appreciate your contribution to the dialogue, between you, me, and everybody we'll get this all ironed out

Thank you, Chericher, for your input, but the person I was responding to was experiencing bad headaches.

Personally, for something like this, I would recommend the purest water available -- Distilled.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I threw out my first batch of Liposomal Encapsulated Vitamin C. I made mistakes.

The second batch was made correctly. I used the Brooks Bradley recipe. I want to point out some critical steps that were not made clear in any of the recipes.

First of all, at least 30 minutes before you start blending anything, you should:

1.) Soak the Lecithin granules in room temperature water. Within 25 minutes all the granules should be soft. This is important, do not skip.

2.) Dissolve the 1 TBsp of Vitamin C crystals in ½ cup of COOL water. Keep stirring until all the crystals disappear. This is important, do not skip.

3.) Heat 1 cup of Distilled water until hot, but not boiling.

4.) Pour the hot water into a blender or a narrow, tall (over 7 inch tall) container for a stick or immersion blender. Pour the softened Lecithin granules into the hot water, blend for a few minutes. This will blend quickly.

5.) Wait until the Lecithin emulsion is room temperature – lukewarm at the most.
Heat will destroy the Vitamin C. This is important, do not skip.

6.) When the Lecithin emulsion is cool, pour in the dissolved Vitamin C solution. Blend for a minute. This should not take long because both items are already dissolved.
There will be some foam, but not much.

7.) Make sure the interior of the sonic cleaner is clean. Fill to max line and run. Change water. Repeat until you feel it’s clean. Do NOT use ANY cleaners, other than natural vinegar. Empty & wipe dry.

8.) Pour the blended emulsion into the sonic cleaner. Keep the lid open, use a plastic straw or non-reactive implement for stirring (something that has not been used for anything else). I sat down in front of the sonic cleaner on the counter with a timer. I set the timer for 30 minutes and kept stirring. Do not skip.

This is where the magic happens. Stirring makes sure as much of the liquid as possible is exposed closely to the sonic element where the encapsulation process happens.

At the end of 30 minutes, all the foam has disappeared.

The second good batch tastes differently from the 1st bad batch. This tastes “softer” – the C is actually encapsulated.

No headaches, no joint pain, no upset stomach, no diarrhea.
Smoother, plumper skin. Sharper eyesight. More energy. Sounder sleep.

I am continuing this until a problem surfaces.

Do NOT eat anything for at least an hour before taking your dose.

The only thing you should ingest after the dose is Distilled Water.

Wait at least 30 minutes (longer if you can), before eating after you’ve taken your dose.

I’m really impressed with this.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
By soaking the lecithin for at least an hour, I am able to make the lipo C without any hot water and without a cool-down wait. I use room-temp distilled water only. Thanks for the tips on taking it, Auran (empty stomach, wait time before eating.) . . .

I have also tried the method with turmeric, because it is so good for arthritis and cancer (some lipo recipes including an extract of turmeric, curcumin.) My observation: if the substance won't completely dissolve in water, it's unlikely to be completely available for the lipo method. Ground turmeric spice does not completely dissolve in water. When I tried the same exact method and quantities as the vit. c method, the liquid did turn a nice shade of orange, but the physical spice has mostly settled to the bottom. I am still going to take it (so as not to waste this batch), as I hope there is benefit in the liquid nonetheless. Not sure if I would make it again, just because I'm really unsure whether the beneficial properties are in the liquid or the turmeric spice at the bottom of the jar.

I have photos on my camera if anyone wants to see, let me know.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2serious
By soaking the lecithin for at least an hour, I am able to make the lipo C without any hot water and without a cool-down wait. I use room-temp distilled water only. Thanks for the tips on taking it, Auran (empty stomach, wait time before eating.) . . .

I have also tried the method with turmeric, because it is so good for arthritis and cancer (some lipo recipes including an extract of turmeric, curcumin.) My observation: if the substance won't completely dissolve in water, it's unlikely to be completely available for the lipo method. Ground turmeric spice does not completely dissolve in water. When I tried the same exact method and quantities as the vit. c method, the liquid did turn a nice shade of orange, but the physical spice has mostly settled to the bottom. I am still going to take it (so as not to waste this batch), as I hope there is benefit in the liquid nonetheless. Not sure if I would make it again, just because I'm really unsure whether the beneficial properties are in the liquid or the turmeric spice at the bottom of the jar.

I have photos on my camera if anyone wants to see, let me know.

Thanks for the tips, 2serious. I can see from some of the posts that people are experimenting with the addition of other nutrients to the Lipo C. It's something I may try later. Right now I want to focus on just the Lipo C. I'm not even adding any Baking Soda to it. (I'd rather take that separately.)

I'm sure some of the active components of the ground tumeric leached into the solution, so you should get some effect from it. Keep us posted on how you feel.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Are you concerned about bacteria in the water?
Unless you live in downtown Bangladesh I wouldn't be concerned about that

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Des

Yep, it is centigrade, that's a big difference.
70C is 158F

Even if you have boiled water and then let it cool for a few mins, chances are it will have dropped below 70C
A cup of coffee is usually around 130F - 140F so you can work it out from that if you're worried and don't have a thermometer.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I responded before reading the other responses. Also, don't mean to come over confrontational, just a bit rushed.
Your enhanced recipe is awesome, perhaps 2serious could add that to the wiki?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
i hope this concoction isn't the same one that is turning people into flesh eating zombies!!!

can you over dose on viamin C ?

NO. You CANNOT overdose on vitamin C. You just piss out what you don't use.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Yup! I've added the extra details to the recipe page.
Thanks Auran & Roger.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Guys, would adding Co-enzyme Q10 into this mix be feasible?

From what I've heard there are problems with "absorption of dietary CoQ10 being slow and limited". Do we think that adding this into the mix may make it more bioavailable?

CoQ10 is an excellent energy booster, I take it every day (50mg) and I get noticeable results from it's use. Perhaps not as much as people are reporting from our VitC, but good none the less.

I would be willing to make a batch. What would the suggestions be as for a recipe?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Some people are dissolving the Vitamin C in HOT water, even though the recipe says dissolve the C in cool water. Heat above 70 degrees* will DESTROY Vitamin C.

www.dietitian.com...

edit on 20-6-2012 by AuranVector because: to remove the F for Fahrenheit, 70 degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius? -- cannot find definitive answer.

* at 100 degrees Fahrenheit, Vitamin C definitely breaks down. 212 degrees Fahrenheit is boiling

Thanks for the info..I'll make a new batch with room temp water for vit C and cooled down water after I soak and blend the lipo. The first batch I used hot for both...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have been making mine with room temperature water. I let the lecithin soak for 30 minutes then blend well. The solution comes out perfect every time - have made many batches now - lost count probably about 15-20

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

I made my first batch by boiling distilled water then leting it cool a bit before adding the lecithin,,i mada a second batch late last night with just cold distilled water and leting the lecithin sit for around 45 mins in it,,, just had 2 tablespoons at 5.45,, it doesn,t taste as bad as the first batch for some reason,so if the vit c denigrates in hot water , i should get better results from the new batch hopefuly,, will post my results up later

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hey Guys.....been following this thread for a while now.
Can someone do a repost of the best way to make the Lipo with step by step instructions and measurements based on everyones testing so we can follow the best method to make this stuff, seems there is some confusion with water types and heating etc.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join