It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alienninja

If you do it my way its just a cup of distilled water with 3 level tablespoons of lecithin (granular) stirred into it. Let it sit for about 30 min. Then dissolve completely (by stirring) 1 level tablespoon of powdered ascorbic acid into 1 cup of distilled water. Now blend the lecithin mixture for about 1 minute until very smooth. Next add the AA solution to blender and blend for another 20 seconds. Finally add solution to ultra sonic cleaner. Run cleaner while stirring frequently until all foam is gone (30+ minutes). Refrigerate.

I have made many batches - if you get just a little more lecithin in the mixture some will settle out on the bottom - no biggie. If you don't let the lecithin soak long enough or blend it long enough more lecithin will settle out of the final solution.

edit on 21-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3
reply to post by AuranVector

Are you concerned about bacteria in the water?
Unless you live in downtown Bangladesh I wouldn't be concerned about that

RogerT3, I would be concerned about any solution containing bacteria that is injected directly into the blood.

It seems that some are not understanding the effect of Liposomal Encapsulation:

“Liposomes are sub-microscopic bubbles made of a class of substances called phospholipids… “

“In addition, the submicroscopic size of nutrient-filled liposomes is so small that they easily pass through the intestinal barrier without requiring help from an active transport system or from osmotic pressure in the gut. Hence, virtually all of the nutrient is CARRIED STRAIGHT to the cells that need it.”

Source: www.anti-agingresearchcenter.org...

“It is simply an encasing of small volumes of pharmaceutical compounds (herbs, too) by a phospholipid membrane (liposome) allowing safe passage through the gastrointestinal tract without degradation— DIRECTLY into the blood plasma. It would be the closest thing we have to giving a pill that mimics an intravenous injection”

Source: racehorseherbal.com...

You may not care what is in the water used for LET, but I do. I would recommend the purest water you can get. Also, the recipes call for or recommend "Distilled Water."

De-ionized water is close to Distilled, but it is made differently and is less pure.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3

Originally posted by Destinyone

Do you mean 70 degrees centigrade ?

Des

Yep, it is centigrade, that's a big difference.
70C is 158F

Even if you have boiled water and then let it cool for a few mins, chances are it will have dropped below 70C
A cup of coffee is usually around 130F - 140F so you can work it out from that if you're worried and don't have a thermometer.

It seems you did not read my response to Destinyone's question:

"That's an excellent question. I assumed 70 degrees Fahrenheit because I got this info from an American site.
But that temperature seems too low.

70 degrees F = 21.1 degrees Celsius

70 degrees Celsius = 158 degrees Fahrenheit

The source I quoted did not specify, but on reflection, it must be 70 degrees Celsius.

This is what I was able to find:

Vitamin C definitely begins to break down at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Boiling is usually 212 degrees F or 100 degrees C (depends on elevation).

Pasteurization (60 - 70 degrees Celsius / or 140 degrees - 158 degrees Fahrenheit) definitely destroys Vitamin C."

Again the recipes specify that the Vitamin C be dissolved in COOL water.
edit on 21-6-2012 by AuranVector because: to add quotation marks

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
I have been making mine with room temperature water. I let the lecithin soak for 30 minutes then blend well. The solution comes out perfect every time - have made many batches now - lost count probably about 15-20

How much are you taking daily?

I increased my doses to 2 TBsp, 3 times a day. So far no negative effects.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienninja
Hey Guys.....been following this thread for a while now.
Can someone do a repost of the best way to make the Lipo with step by step instructions and measurements based on everyones testing so we can follow the best method to make this stuff, seems there is some confusion with water types and heating etc.

The confusion is not from the recipes. Both recipes call for cool water for dissolving the Vitamin C and the use of distilled water.

(It seems some of the British members are having trouble finding distilled water, and are substituting de-ionized water found in the "Car" section of the store.)

Follow the links for the recipes. I think the first recipe is the one the OP Dominicus and MegaMind are using.

“How to Make Liposomal C”

www.quantumbalancing.com...

I am using the Brooks Bradley recipe, which produces a slightly more concentrated solution:

The Brooks Bradley Recipe:

alobar.livejournal.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by alienninja

If you do it my way its just a cup of distilled water with 3 level tablespoons of lecithin (granular) stirred into it. Let it sit for about 30 min. Then dissolve completely (by stirring) 1 level tablespoon of powdered ascorbic acid into 1 cup of distilled water. Now blend the lecithin mixture for about 1 minute until very smooth. Next add the AA solution to blender and blend for another 20 seconds. Finally add solution to ultra sonic cleaner. Run cleaner while stirring frequently until all foam is gone (30+ minutes). Refrigerate.

I have made many batches - if you get just a little more lecithin in the mixture some will settle out on the bottom - no biggie. If you don't let the lecithin soak long enough or blend it long enough more lecithin will settle out of the final solution.

I think I will try dissolving the Lecithin in cool water next time.

I'm wondering why the original recipes specify hot water for the lecithin.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid
Guys, would adding Co-enzyme Q10 into this mix be feasible?

From what I've heard there are problems with "absorption of dietary CoQ10 being slow and limited". Do we think that adding this into the mix may make it more bioavailable?

CoQ10 is an excellent energy booster, I take it every day (50mg) and I get noticeable results from it's use. Perhaps not as much as people are reporting from our VitC, but good none the less.

I would be willing to make a batch. What would the suggestions be as for a recipe?

There's a lot of Liposomal Encapsulated Co-Q 10 available (very expensive), so you know it can be done.
One scientific paper mentions combining it with Vitamin E in the LE process.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

If I were doing this experiment, I would LE the Co-Q 10 by itself along with some alpha-tocopherol.

Try the LE with 1 and a half cups of distilled water, 3 TBsp of Lecithin & however much C0-Q 10 and Vitamin E you're willing to sacrifice for the experiment. I bet it works.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Auran this is a very sound point. I wonder why I never thought of it!

Boiling the de-ionized water, letting it cool and starting the process as normal would be fine though no? That would ensure all bacteria is killed.

Perhaps I will make a new batch this way.

As for the Q-10. I may buy some powder and make a batch with the above and let everyone know how it goes.
edit on 21-6-2012 by GodForbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid

Auran this is a very sound point. I wonder why I never thought of it!

Boiling the de-ionized water, letting it cool and starting the process as normal would be fine though no? That would ensure all bacteria is killed.

Perhaps I will make a new batch this way.

As for the Q-10. I may buy some powder and make a batch with the above and let everyone know how it goes.

That sounds good to me. Please keep us updated with your results.

Boiling should kill most of the micro-organisms:

Boil water at 212 degrees F or 100 degrees C for one minute.

Boil water at 185 degrees F or 85 degrees C for 5 minutes

Boil water at 160 degrees F or 71 degrees C for 30 minutes.

This should be sufficient for our purposes here.

However FYI, there are some spores & other micro-nasties that are NOT killed by boiling.

Boiling water is NOT considered the same thing as sterilization of water.

Another way to further sterilize the water is to use ultraviolet radiation from sunlight.
Put the de-ionized, boiled water in a clear container and place on a dark surface. Leave the bottle in the sunlight (the brighter the better) for at least eight (8) hours.

The other methods of sterilizing water (used in emergencies) involve adding chemicals and are not appropriate for LET.

Personally, I don't think it's necessary to irradiate the water in sunlight. But I thought I'd put the info out here.
edit on 22-6-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Alright I finally got my USJC and made a batch and took my first dose. I used the sunflower lecithin because I will not use anything Soy for two reasons. 1. it is not fit for human consumption period contrary to popular belief. It wreaks havoc on the digestive tract. 2. 95% of soy is GMO and I do not trust the labels of anything store bought these days.

I did it the exact same way as the recipe for powdered soy lecithin. I heated the water too I think that is better for sunflower lecithin as it is liquid but its more like molasses so it mixes better in the blender with heated water. Got a nice milky liquid with a slight tan or orange tint.

Anyway will keep you all posted on how it works for me.

Update: Wow I did not expect this to work so fast. It's only been about 30 minutes and this stuff is wonderful. I woke up this morning and did not want to wake up and was kind of groggy all day I went to work and came home and the USJC was here. This cleared my head almost right away and now I am feeling pretty good...
edit on 13-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Sunflower Lecithin arrived today. I was so stoked

When I opened I was disappointed it is liquid (thick honey consistency) not granules, so I dug out Hawkeye's post and found he/she had the same.

here is what liquid lecithin looks like stuck in RO water and stirred:

but 20 secs with the blender and it looks like this: yay!

Anyway, have made up the batch but due to the nature of the liquid SFL (sunflower lecithin) measuring tbl spoons is kind of arbitrary. Next time I'll go with weights again, but this time I just estimated a 3:1 SFL:AA by volume and one cup of water for each tbl sp AA and one cup water for 3 tbl sp SFL.
I doubled up as my USC needs more than 2 cups to get over the min. line.

I ran it for 4 cycles or 32 mins whilst stirring. Plenty of foam still floating so am now doing a few more cycles, but it seems the amount of foam has a lot to do with the quantities and the amount of water. The batch I did with more water was foam free in less than 5 mins. The one I did with less than the recipe water never got close to being foam free.

Will post results later if/when they become obvious

ETA: ok, I took 2oz on a FULL stomach, well half full, just after lunch and chased it with a triple espresso sweetened with a heaping teaspoon of local raw honey
, so definitely NOT empty stomach protocol. Within a few minutes, I felt a tickle of experience in the stomach, mind and general sense of awareness. I'm not saying these are profound experiences, just that something happens very quickly, even on a full stomach.
Really interested to see how this develops and will take the next 2oz BEFORE dinner as comparison.
I don't recall the soy lipoC having such noticeable sensations, but I am also really tired today after a week of intense mental/emotional stress. Will keep you all posted, but it would be great to hear of anyone else that has tried both types of Lecithin.
edit on 22-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thanks Megamind....giving it a go

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hey RogerT3....Where did you find the sunflower LC?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Has anyone made any batches of LE Q10 combined with LE VitC? I find this interesting since LE Q10 is available for over US$100/bottle but apparently can be made using similar techniques discussed in this thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hi all, firstly Thank you Dominicus for bringing us this fantastic thread and also to Megamind for such a huge contribution. Also Thank you to everyone else for such a massive amount of input and feedback.

I have followed this thread since it's first day and bought all the bits for making the lypo-c myself. For two weeks i have been taking 4oz a day , 2 in the morning and 2 at lunch and i feel great. The first time i took it i felt as though i had smoked something i shouldn't have and put it down to being just tired. The following day was something different. My alarm went off at it's usual time of 6.45am and i was wide awake and got up straight away. I never do this. I took my next lot of 2oz and all morning i had no brain fog which is very common for me. For once i was awake and not just because my eyes were open. This feeling of being awake lasted all morning and for the rest of the day after taking my second 2oz.

Two weeks on and i am still getting the same result of waking up and being awake. To wake up and be able to think and see clearly from the off without a few cups of coffee is fantastic.

I do not suffer ill health and i am very active as i instruct Chen Style Tai chi for around 16 hrs a week and keep training in my spare time.

I have had no experience of a super energy boost as others have had but to put it in a word i feel nice. And it is a great feeling to have.

Just to add, I was suffering a pulled Major Rhomboid from training and the pain and discomfort was with me for a couple of months. Within in 3 Days of taking the Lypo-C the pain i was having has gone and has not returned. Coincidence or not ? Who knows? But it is good to be feeling good again. So a big thank you again to all involved.

One more thing , for all those in the U.K who are having trouble getting hold of distilled water i got mine online from a company called AQWSAFE. They conform to EU98/83 New Drinking Water Standard. It costs 99p a litre but the delivery puts up the price quite a bit. I bought 5 litres for around £12 and got it by 11am the following day.

This is the site for any who are intersted :

www.aurainnovations.com...

Chen

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienninja
Hey RogerT3....Where did you find the sunflower LC?

I am in Europe so bought from a UK online supplier called vivapure.co.uk
I see the brand all over the net though, it is this one: www.vivapure.co.uk...
Love Raw Foods is the brand name on the bottle
Product of Blue Mountain Organics, USA. is on the website

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Assuming an approximately equal lipid content per weight for liquid sunflower lecithin versus soy lecithin granules (and an analysis of the nutritional information seems to indicate that they do indeed), you would want to use about 22.5 grams of sunflower lecithin to replace 3 tablespoons of the regular soy lecithin. This works out to slightly less than 1.5 tablespoons.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I had to log in for this one!

fatty acid surrounding vitamin c.

be careful. large doses of vitamin c will turn fluids in your body into rivers of flowing acid that will injur mucus membranes in your body.

squeeze some fresh lime into super cold coconut milk and blend it up like a milkshake, maybe? i guess you could ultrasonic them, not sure lol sprinkle a teeny tiny bit of baking soda on top perhaps.

just be really cautious with prolonged high level doses of vitamin c. i mean they use that stuff to clean out fire hydrants. it ruins teeth enamel in chewable form. eats it right off your teeth.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Fermented Soy is Only Soy Food Fit for Human Consumption

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

I THINK I WILL FORGET SOY ALTOGETHER...AND USE SUNFLOWER TOO!

a gleeful goodbye to soy

Review by Heather

I am so grateful to find this sunflower lecithin. I love how lecithin makes my raw smoothies so creamy and I'm conscious that it's the only source of choline so it's a huge relief not to have to use soy to get those benefits. Soy is iffy for several reasons but I've been especially troubled by its oestrogenic properties because like so many women, I have hormonal imbalance and regular use of soy make it worse. So I'm really pleased with this sunflower lecithin, it's the answer to a smoothie-loving middle aged woman's prayer! (Posted on 24/08/2011)

edit on 22-6-2012 by neotech1neothink because: edit

edit on 22-6-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Still trying to decide how much vitamin C is likely to cause acidosis, I found this link:

Vitamin C and Blood PH

If your teacher really wants to know the amounts of vitamin C required to cause acidosis (metabolic acidosis that is), tell her you need about ONE GRAM PER KILOGRAM of weight, something unattanable and unthinkable to carry on......(that would be like 75 grams for an averahe light weight adult)

So, he's saying as a 125 lb. person (56.82 Kg), I would have to take 56 grams of vitamin C to reach a state of acidosis? That would be an awful lot . . . unless with the lipo method the C stays in the blood longer and accumulates by way of the liposome?

Any thoughts regarding this information?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 2serious

Hi,

PH was a deciding factor in my using SODIUM ASCORBATE. Alkaline (rather than acidic) and preferred for IV.

Test your PH with Test Strip and if it tests as too "Acidic" use SODIUM ASCORBATE.

HOW TO TEST YOUR PH ---
www.ionizers.org...

edit on 22-6-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join