It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hey everybody!
I've surfed through ATS for a long time now (mostly for entertainment) but I never made an account until now. And purely because of this thread.
It took me a while, but I read through the whole thing, and was very excited by what I was reading.
I ordered all of the items, and made my first batch on Friday.
I started off with smallish doses (better safe than sorry) and have gradually increased them.
I guess I'm in fairly good health, so I'm not getting some of the mind-blowing effects that some others are getting.
I'm ok with that, because I know the mix still has other benefits that I just won't "feel".
I'll also play with upping the dose gradually, to see if I start to notice any changes.

I have to toot my own horn, and say that my first batch came out perfectly. I followed the directions to a T, and the liquid looks perfect, even after almost 5 days. The thing is, it tastes (and smells) horrible. Almost like a...fishy kind of taste and smell. That's not exactly it, but it's the closest I can think of.
The dose is small enough, that I can take a shot and be done with it quickly enough, so it's not a deal-breaker. But it is pretty nasty...lol
One thing that I have found that's great to chase it with, is a couple mouthfuls of milk. That seems to neutralize the aftertaste nicely. So if anybody else is grossed out by the flavor, follow it up with a bit of milk.

A purely anecdotal observation on my part...
People are talking about some of the effects relating to clearing the mind fog, and mental acuity.
I have dyslexia, and one of the effects is trouble structuring thoughts during conversation. Sometimes I can tell people get frustrated talking with me, because I have specific and detailed thoughts, but I have a hard time expressing them in speech.
I've noticed this has been smoothed out a bit over the last couple of days. I'm wondering if this little wonder-mix may have something to do with that. It's something I can keep an eye on, and see if there is positive progression. Especially once I've been taking it a bit more long-term, and increasing the dose a bit.
If anybody's interested, I'll try to post some updates whether I notice changes or not.

Also, just wanted to say how pleased I am with the sense of community in this thread in particular. It started out with MANY pages of some annoying trolling being done by a couple of individuals, but thankfully they seem to have moved on, and now we're able to make some positive progress.

Keep up the good work everybody, and thanks to everybody that has shared their information/experience/knowledge and support! Good stuff all around!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 2serious

Hi 2serious

I love what you said!! And I think that you are sooo correct! I am still feeling wonderful, and so far the added energy I am receiving has continued! I am lucky to have found this here of all places, like many of us! Who woulda thunk it? LOL!
And I hope that it continues to work for me. Because you are right, even if I feel just a 'little' better, that will lead me to more activity which will definitely increase my health even more so. It's a win-win situation for me! And for so many others. This is my 4th day of 2 ounces a day; 1 oz in the morning and 1 oz before lunch and this is just amazing. I am still stoked about it! I'm hoping my friend who has Lupus will soon feel better as well. But he suffers from insomnia unfortunately and is feeling bad from lack of sleep! I'm still waiting on a report from him. My mom began yesterday evening... and one ounce this morning. I'll talk to her tonight to see how she's doing too.

The grassroots movement is awesome! I wish we could all stand up and take care of other problems in the world. But maybe with this added vitality, we soon CAN!
Blessings!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg5
I am sold on the idea that vitamin C would be more effective in this form.

I contemplated making my own in the way you have shown, but since I am elderly and lacking energy/stamina, I decided to find some 'ready made'.

I have bought this
www.lyposphericnutrients.co.uk...

If it renews my energy, I might be able to 'make my own' eventually.

Marg5,

I too am going with the ready made stuff to start off with. I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 16 years after a severe viral infection followed by meningitis. It took me 6 years just to be able to function, but I have never fully recovered. I have tried many suppliments in hopes of finding something to make me feel like my old self, but all have failed. My blood type is A+, so I am hoping that this will give me some much needed energy. If the results are good, I will order the supplies to make my own. I will post my results back here for those who are wondering about the ready made Lypo-C.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hypnogogic

Thank you for your post and welcome to the 'members' area of ATS!

I love that you have noticed an affect with the dyslexia! I have an inherited anxiety disorder and that makes it VERY difficult for me to speak publicly or even socialize with people who are close to me... My mind just goes in too many different directions and I can't seem to get my words out as my mind thinks them...
This brings me to realize that I overlooked the fact that this too has improved. Possibly to a great extent?! I will have to think about it more, because like I said... My thoughts all run together all my life, but thinking about how I have been at work, I am positive that there is SOME affect. Wow... this is soooooo COOL ya'll!!! I love you Dominicus!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by m83x1
after couple of hours in the fridge it looks like this:

from what i understand it should be one color?
edit on 12-6-2012 by m83x1 because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't be overly concerned about this. I have made quite a few batches for myself and others. I have had three come out like that. My first batch and two recent batches. I took them just the same as the others (leaving the yellow behind) and it seemed to work the same. Its just a little lecithin that did not incorporate into the mixture.

I think that there are several possibilities that cause such a batch ...

1) lecithin was not blended long enough.
2) lecithin has not soaked in water long enough (I Think 30 minutes is sufficient)
3) just a little extra lecithin put in. Its supposed to be 3 level tablespoons.

In my case I think the two recent batches that came out that way (which were made at the same time) were caused by #3. My gf made it while I supervised. I thought her tablespoons were packed a little more than mine. Otherwise everything else was the same, so that's the conclusion I came to.

My very first batch that came out like that was because of 1 and 2. I have made quite a few perfect ones now. They never separated.

Also I was unsure if you used liquid or granular lecithin. Another person tried it with liquid lecithin but apparently didn't get good results. I think that's because getting the correct amount of lecithin for the recipe may not be easy to do. My guess is you would have to know how much lecithin there is in a tablespoon of granular lecithin and try to match that amount of lecithin with the concentration of the liquid form (and then mixing it well with a cup of water).

BTW my granular lecithin is 1680mg of lecithin per tablespoon. So if you could figure out how much liquid lecithin would have 1680mg in it and put 3 of those in a cup of water and blend well I would think that would work. This is assuming the liquid lecithin has no other additives that would interfere with the process.

edit on 12-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
On a bit of a tangent, but still kinda related to my first post...
I'd be VERY curious if anybody has experimented with sunflower lecithin.
The only form I find that in, is liquid. So the recipe would take some tweaking.
But from the bit of reading I've done, the sunflower should be a bit better for you than soy.
Plus, it might not taste/smell quite so nasty...lol
If anybody can perfect this recipe with liquid lecithin, I'd love to hear it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypnogogic
The only form I find that in, is liquid. So the recipe would take some tweaking.
But from the bit of reading I've done, the sunflower should be a bit better for you than soy.

How much lecithin per unit volume does the liquid sunflower lecithin have?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

That's a great question! One that I'm having a hard time finding the answer to.
I only found one website that contains a pic of the nutritional label of liquid sunflower lecithin.
www.vivapure.co.uk...#
I'm not even sure if that has the answer to the question.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
mmmm

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

I'm going to buy the sunflower lecithin tomorrow, I'm pretty sure you can't buy it in granule form, it's either soft gel caps, or liquid, I'll give it a go and experiment with levels etc, if I can get it right it should be good, also I read that it mixes better than liquid soy lecithin, it is going to be interesting

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

That's a great question! One that I'm having a hard time finding the answer to.
I only found one website that contains a pic of the nutritional label of liquid sunflower lecithin.
www.vivapure.co.uk...#
I'm not even sure if that has the answer to the question.

If you just want density (i.e. mass / unit volume), it's easier to just weigh out a mL of it your self. As I said on a much earlier post, lecithin isn't one compound, it's a broad term that encompasses a number of compounds. There may be issues with consistency, which is why you are finding it hard to get an answer. This quotes lecithin having a density of 0.97 g / mL (liquid) and 0.5 g / mL (granule), though I don't know if that's really as ubiquitous as they seem to be saying.
edit on 12-6-2012 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Another important reminder for us Aussies, in which I only discovered yesterday, our metric tablespoons are 20ml, everyone else's metric tablespoons are 15ml, so make sure you adjust your table spoons accordingly, just tested my new batch and it has nearly zero acidic taste to it.
Quantities make all the difference

ETA: so technically by the instructions, I was actually adding 4 tablespoons of lecithin to 1 1/4 tablespoons of ascorbic acid.
edit on 13/6/2012 by AlanQaida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Here is a link to a wiki page i am using to research about the different minderal types, and what they do, and where you can get them from in food form, i am using this to add certain foods to my diet

Dietry Minerals Wiki

enjoy !

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EdwynaGolden

Hi Edwyna & welcome to Hypnogogic!

Glad to hear everything is still positive. Just took my first dose today (1T)... well, here it is 1 am and I'm awake. Can't blame the 'lipo c' entirely. Had a big glass of Thai tea late this afternoon too, bad idea.

Anyway, I didn't think the taste was too bad. ('like lemon pudding' if you use your imagination and get it down fast). But, my daughter took some and was totally repulsed by it. 'Worse than cod liver oil, Mom' -- So, now I'm intrigued by the idea of sunflower lecithin tasting better. ?? Found two sources:
My Sunflower Lecithin
Blue Mountain Organics

I really like the idea of it being raw, non-GMO, non-soy. Too bad it's liquid. I do hope it blends better than the liquid soy. I have some experience with liquid soy lecithin, and it is sticky for sure.

I have A+ blood too, and it seems there is a slight agreement that those with A blood types are perhaps more responsive? Reading the benefits of lecithin makes me feel that there is certainly a harmonious duality going on between the c and lecithin.

I've been waiting for a week to get my first batch made, and like other posters, can hardly wait for the next dose, next batch, etc.
Please let us all know how the sunflower lecithin goes, AlanQ!! Document everything so it can be reproduced. Thanks for blazing the trail!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Could i buy some off someone in the UK, if i got all this stuff my parents would like it too much.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 2serious

No problem! I will definitley document it all, I'll look at posting pics with failed mixtures including recipe etc, hopefully I'll be able to post a pic of a successful homogenous mixture

And credit go's to Dominicus, and absolutely to megamind as my trailblazing idol

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

Definity ,, here is a link to purchase it from ebay,, i,d be very interested to hear your results
.I am disabled due to a car accident and can't work so funds are tight, let me know how you get on if you decide to try it , www.ebay.co.uk...
edit on 13-6-2012 by themove1904 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Amandla

Wow, talking about synchronicities (some people in this thread already had the same furniture and chairs as I remember) - I have exactly the same tablecloth on my kichen table, only with blue backround

I don't think that is synchronicity, I think that is mass-produced Chinese merchandise shipped over and sold at the same corporate retailers.
All you craftsy folks really need to start making your own table clothes.

Yeah, probably
. It´s just funny how several people who make their own LipoC have the same furniture and stuff. We should start to make our own furniture too I guess

So, I´ve been taking LipoC every day now, but I can´t get the dose that would give me energy, some days I´ve been sleepy instead, so I started to drink caffe again and now everything is good. I still have other positive effects, that I reported earlier.
My Mom also takes it and yesterday she felt much more strenght and her back pain was almost gone. She has had problems with back and arms pain for decades, doctors, medicines, painkillers etc have never been much of help. I really hope that LC helps her! It would be almost like miracle. If her condition continues to get better, I´m certainly let you know.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
hi guys...just a quick one on side effects and i know this one has been mentioned several times already, joint aches and stiffness...all gone! i've had a pretty active younger life sport wise with some injuries that has started to come back within the last 2 years, my knees and lower back. i drive heavy machinery for a living and after a couple hrs in the seat i am stiff and sore, but a couple of days ago it dawned on me that all that was gone! i might start training all out again!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This pdf is what started all this. It is a pdf of the posts made by Brooks on the silver list (which appears to be an email based forum)

Brooks Bradley's Homemade Liposomal Vitamin C
edit on 13-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join