It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Liquid lecithin, at least the brand I have, is 100% lecithin. No other ingredients. I think the difference is that something has been removed to get the granulated stuff. Liquid lecithin will not go into solution with water no matter how long you let it soak agitate, blend, etc. I had it looking like it was in solution somewhat after 2 days of soaking and agitating, but as soon as it went into the US cleaner it formed those yellow globs.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

Liquid lecithin, at least the brand I have, is 100% lecithin. No other ingredients. I think the difference is that something has been removed to get the granulated stuff. Liquid lecithin will not go into solution with water no matter how long you let it soak agitate, blend, etc. I had it looking like it was in solution somewhat after 2 days of soaking and agitating, but as soon as it went into the US cleaner it formed those yellow globs.

I see. That is disappointing as I was interested in making it with sunflower based lecithin. No granular form of sunflower lecithin has been found on the net.

I wonder if the water temperature were raised (near boiling) if the lecithin would incorporate into the solution.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

I'll still look for some granulated sunflower Lecithin at the health food shops

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Sunflower lecithin may have different properties from soy?? Who knows, it's worth a try.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Okay, folks. This whole this about the lecithin has me intrigued. Seems to me HEXANE (or other chemical solvents) is used to extract soy lecithin on the cheap. I'm guessing, unless otherwise noted, that the granulated lecithin has been extracted in this fashion. I am wondering if we are getting any residual hexane!!?? Could account for the bad 'old paint' taste?

There are at least two other options though. If the sunflower (liquid) lecithin works, that is one option. The natural sunflower lecithin at "mysunflowerlecithin.com" is

exclusively obtained via mechanical extraction by cold pressing sunflower seeds, without the use of any chemical solvents. This product is Non-GMO, all natural (raw), solvent-free (no hexane!), soy-free, gluten-free, unbleached and vegan

The second option is to look for COLD-PRESSED, non-gmo lecithin. This can be found! It is a quite a bit more expensive, but might be worth it (especially if it helps with the taste, for some). Here a the link for cold-pressed, non-chemically extracted, non-gmo soy lecithin powder. (I don't work for this place or have any connections.)
(It's the lecithin powder "certified organic" -- it is only available in 1 and 5 pounds.)

With the same benefits as our standard Lecithin powder listed above, but with organic and Kosher certification, and it is manufactured without the use of solvents.

Mountain Rose Herbs, Lecithin

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 2serious

I'll tell you one thing. The liquid lecithin I have when taken alone has absolutely NO flavor at all. But when I made up my potion last night using granular lecithin according to the recipe MM used the taste is horrendous!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I'll tell you one thing. The liquid lecithin I have when taken alone has absolutely NO flavor at all. But when I made up my potion last night using granular lecithin according to the recipe MM used the taste is horrendous!

Well, that would certainly imply that there are solvent residues in the granular processing. Is your liquid soy lecithin cold-pressed like the liquid sunflower lecithin? I also would be very curious to hear whether the sunflower lecithin blends better than the soy liquid. If so, then I'm definitely going with the sunflower.
edit on 13-6-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Not sure about the processing of the liquid soy lecithin I have. I'll have to take a look when I get home.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
New POLL
Please do NOT take it yet. I'm looking for comments about the poll.
Any other questions I should include or delete? (all are optional)
Please let me know what you think, then we can start taking the revised poll and I think that will be the last poll we need.
Anyone still on the fence about this?

New Revised Poll

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I would add questions regarding cancer. Do you currently have, have had in the past, and currently don't have.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ok, i have everything in place and will be makig this shortly, the only problem im having before making it is, what is the quantity of the water being used? I know it states 1 cup but im finding this vauge and want to get everything in place before i start.

Silly question I know but could anyone tell me the exact quantity or the quantity they used please?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The 5th

1 US cup = 8 fl. oz. = 236.588237 ml

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
People that are having trouble with liquid lecithin...are you heating up the water you are trying to get the lecithin to dissolve into?

There is a thread about it here where the person seems to have liquid lecithin working, and is warming the water up to 115F first:

health.dir.groups.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Thats brilliant, thank you

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I would also add anxiety to the list.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by The 5th

1 US cup = 8 fl. oz. = 236.588237 ml

For Australian's, 1 Cup = 250 ml
1 Table spoon = 20 ml

thats the issue i was having, my mixtures have been an extra tablespoon of water heavy and 1 tablespoon lecithin heavy

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
Sounds awesome

Also sound like you may have slipped abit of coc aine in it to

When things make you that active and alive, i tend to steer well clear or at least keep it in moderation and not get to hooked, you know the saying... to much of a good thing is a bad thing, i believe in a health mix/balance of healthy things, in moderation, i don't think it would be to wise to get hooked on this wonder drink and have it every single day because it makes you feel amazing,

yeah, you're right -- can't go around feeling amazing all the time, that's just not right. All things in moderation, like happiness, love, fulfillment, peace and joy -- you got to balance that off with misery, pain, loneliness and despair. All things in moderation though suggest even moderation should only be taken in moderation.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Also add depression to the list.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

yeah, you're right -- can't go around feeling amazing all the time, that's just not right. All things in moderation, like happiness, love, fulfillment, peace and joy -- you got to balance that off with misery, pain, loneliness and despair. All things in moderation though suggest even moderation should only be taken in moderation.

No offense, but i'll pass on the misery, pain, loneliness, and despair. Been there, done that. No thanks. Im at a place in my life now filled with love, wholeness, wisdom, better health, and spirituality.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ok,

So I have made it, following everything to the letter and it seems that I have made a 'text book' mixture.

I heated up the cup of water so it was hot, but not boiling, put the three tablespoons of lecithin in and stired untill it was pretty much all smooth and congruent. I left it to stand for 30 mins and then blended for a min along with the AA which was stired in and clear.

It didn't occur to me to take any pictures untill it was in the cleaner, so this is what it looked like around 15 mins into the cleaner.

Still some foam but after about 30 mins it looked like this -

Appears to be the same colour and consistency as other descriptios and pictures, what do you guys think?

So it has been about 15-20 mins now since I tried it, when all foam was gone I took a tablespoon straight out of it. I don't notice anything different so far, how long does it take to 'kick' in? Perhaps I should take it once it has cooled out of the cleaner?

Your thoughts would be welcome,

The 5th

edit on 13-6-2012 by The 5th because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2012 by The 5th because: to embed pictures

edit on 13-6-2012 by The 5th because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join