It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Quick update here. I have noticed the last two nights I am able to sleep on my left side without pain in my hip. Usually, I get a sharp pain when I sleep on it. I injured it in the same riding accident where I messed up my back.

Energy level is great. I'm doing things I usually find excuses not to do. I actually organized my office closet. I've been putting that off for two years.

My stepmother started taking it today. I will be calling her tomorrow to find out how she's feeling.

I had to order a new cleaner. I overfilled mine and it won't work now. Note to self.....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by hawkiye

The granular soy lecithin states 1680mg of lecithin per Tablespoon or 8g. So in 8g there is 1680mg of lecithin or 1.68g of lecithin. Also the entire container is 850g.

Your lecithin states 100g is a serving? That seems like a large serving size.

How much lecithin is in that 100g? Surely they don't mean 100g is 100g of lecithin - that would be 100,000mg of lecithin.

Just trying to understand ...

edit: went to the link you provided - thanks - they give the nutritional data per 100g but still no information about the amount of lecithin contained in the product. It could be 100% lecithin and 100g really is 100g of lecithin. Little hard to believe but its all I can figure. If so it would seem very little would be needed. Maybe only 5g per batch ...
edit on 13-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

Yeah I think it is pure lecithin. The bottle has no info on it just the label/logo And it says Sunflower Liquid Lecithin. What else would be in it besides lecithin? What does the soy lecithin list as "other ingredients"? If the soy lecithin has something in it other then Lecithin that would concern me aside from it being soy in the first place.

Update: Ok from what I can gather from OhZone's post the fat content equals the amount of lecithin (correct me if I am wrong) so If that is indeed the case this brand would be about 91% lecithin per 100 grams. So to equal 12% as in the granules we're looking at about 6 grams or a little over a teaspoon. I think in my next batch I will try just 1 tablespoon instead of 3 and see how it comes out just to be sure. And the extra lecithin is good for the brain anyways...

This wasn't to bad about $10 for a pint. So for the money it is actually cheaper then the granules cause you are only getting 12% lecithin. And this is supposed to be better or higher end.

edit on 14-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hi everyone, great to read all the new positive reviews.
2serious, great work on the poll, I'll be taking that later when I have some new experience.

I concluded my AA experiment this morning by taking about 12g of pure AA in 8oz water (had to add a bit of bicarb about half way down to lessen the acidity!)
30 mins later I ate followed closely by a rather easy bowel cleanse!! So I know my vitC tolerance falls between 7g and 12g.
I then realised I am never going to drink 12 oz of rancid paint tasting lipo-C in one go without puking, so the whole thing wasn't really very helpful

My NOW brand of granular Lecithin arrived y'day, and the new USC is with the courier driver now on its way to the house, so I should be able to make up a new batch later this afternoon. Given my morning dose of AA, I won't be taking much (if any) today, but I will do the bicarb test and post back.

Has anyone else tried this test yet?
Would be especially useful if someone else who ISN'T yet raving about effects did the bicarb test to see if they get as much foam as I did. To have a proven physical test that mirrors subjective experience would be very cool!
edit on 14-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

ETA: for UK and Europe peeps, here is a link to a cold pressed SF lecithin:
www.vivapure.co.uk...

Marketing says it tastes 'delicious' so even if they are half honest that will be a major improvement on the Soy

I am trying to order now but they don't ship to my corner of Europe from the website. Cust. service phone number is busy

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Oops!

OK, I made a mistake. That's what I get from reading too quickly. I really studied the labels on my soy granular lecithin and got it right this time.

It says it contains 8000mg of soy lecithin in 8g or 1 Tablespoon (serving size).

It also says "ingredient: Soy Lecithin." (nothing else)

The 1680mg on the front is the amount of Phosphatidylcholine per serving. (I just saw the 1680mg)

So the granular soy lecithin is also 100% soy lecithin.

Since the recipe calls for 3 level tablespoons the total lecithin in the mix is actually 24,000mg or 24g.

Given that your liquid sunflower lecithin is the same, 100% lecithin, it should also take 24g for the recipe.

If you could weigh it you could get the 24g which should match up to the 3 level tablespoons of soy granular lecithin.

I would be interested in knowing the total weight (in g) of your product so I could calculate the number of batches it is capable of making.

Currently with my granular soy lecithin the total weight is 850g so at 24g per batch I can make 35 batches. It cost $11 so right now its $0.31 per batch.

Also, since I'm crunching numbers here, my AA is 570g total for the container. I use 15g per batch so I can get 38 batches from this container which was about $33. So it works out to $0.86 per batch.

My grand total cost per batch (2 cups) is $1.17 or $0.07 per dose (1oz). At 3 doses per day (about 3000mg) that is $0.21 per day.

My regular Vitamin C (pills) with protective Bioflavonoids and Wild Rose Hips was $12.99 with 500 caplets at 500mg each. I used to take 6 caplets per day (3000mg) at $0.15 per day.

So my new method is $0.06 per day more expensive than the pills but I am getting 1700mg inside the cells with the Lipo C as opposed to 480mg with the pills.

Whew!

edit on 14-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well I went ahead and jumped on this like a few others on here, and wanted to weigh in with my opinion.

All I can say is WOW!

The mixture is fairly simple to make, and it turned out exactly like the instructions said it would.

A little info about myself: I'm a 31 year old man, and I work over night (3rd shift) at a hospital. Plus my diet is no where near what it should be. Anyone who works 3rd shift will understand that part. PLUS I'm a smoker, but I am trying to quit.

I've been taking this stuff for the past 3 days, and here are the effects it's had on me so far:

1.) Increase in energy through the day. - Especially about an hour after I take it. It's like I could run a marathon, but there's no jitters or yucky after effects usually associated with some energy boosters. The only way I can describe it is that I just feel... better! For lack of a better word. I would liken it to feeling more youthful and energetic.

2.) Sharper vision. - I can definitely tell a big difference in this aspect. Things seem more sharp, and I can read things from farther away. My night vision seems to be improved as well. I'm not trying to say this stuff has given me super powers. Just a nice little boost if you will in this area.

3.) Clarity of mind/thinking. - Just exactly as stated. I can think more clearly, and my reaction time to certain things and solutions seems improved. I build home theater speakers as a hobby/other income. It's fairly mentally involved at times, and I can tell a difference when thinking about things.

4.) Generally feel better. - I feel more healthy in general. I usually feel somewhat sluggish through the day, and have trouble sleeping some times. Especially since my bed time is 7-8 am. I've noticed I sleep better/deeper, and I wake up feeling more refreshed. I've also noticed that I can sleep in more than my usual position which is on my left side. I usually have to sleep that way because leg and back pain will keep me awake if I don't.

That's all so far, but I will be sure to post more as time goes by. A big THANKS to the OP for bringing this to light!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hey I'm back to mixing and mulching

The NOW brand is quite different to the Fit and Vital brand in color and look. I'll upload some photos after I get this post up (bit of a chore to resize, upload and link).

The new USC is AWWWWWWESOME! 70W vs the 50W on the little one, but obvious it's not all about watts. this one has a 480 second program, so that's a full 8 minutes I can set and walk away. Also, when I switch this one on, the liquid actually jumps around, so there really is no need to stir. I took a vid, if anyone is interested I can get that youtubed.

All foam was gone in less than 5mins, but after 8 mins the pH is still the same at 3.5, so either encapsulation is a myth
or encapsulation does not prevent whatever is responsible for pH measurement with this meter - my guess is conductivity in some way or other?!?

I ran the USC for 2 cycles of 8 mins even though there was no foam left after 5, and then me and the wifey took one ounce each. Will post back with an update if this one seems any different to the last batch.

I also ran the USC another 3 cycles for good luck and put the mix in the fridge, but tested pH at the end and it has dropped to 3.2, so it appears that ultrasonic/liposome treatment actually increases acidity - go figure!! Anyone got a theory on that one?

Now time to do the bicarb test ...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

I wouldn't expect the ph to change at all ...

Some of the AA is not encapsulated and that comes in contact with the ph probe or test strip.

What mechanism would make it more alkaline?

If it were totally encapsulated 100% then i would imagine that no acid would be in contact with a probe or test strip.

The baking soda test works because the more acid there is to react with the teaspoon of baking soda the more foam there is. Less available acid, less foam. More available acid, more foam.

A measure of ph won't measure the quantity of available acid just the ph of the available acid - no matter how little acid is available.

Look at it this way. If I test a swimming pool's sample for ph does the ph test reveal the size of the swimming pool?

So ph would be no measure of the percentage of encapsulation ...

A test of encapsulation would measure the quantity of free, or unencapsulated, AA - which the baking soda test does in a crude way.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Aha, ok, point taken. Am just about to do bicarb test now.
the pH actually went down during USC cycles - I just edited my post.
I can't remember enough of high school chemistry to make sense of it

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Guys, firstly I apologize - reason to follow, however, I have been reading through this thread in bits during my busy lifestyle with interest, so I went and bought a USC cleaner from ebay which I will pick up tomorrow, and some Soy Lecithin and Vitamin C Powder from Holland & Barret (UK) and I am almost ready to make my mixture.

The final part I am missing is the distilled water. I have been everywhere, several supermarkets, petrol stations, and car shops however I only find De-Ionized water. Will this be okay?

My apology is because I do not have time to search through the entire thread yet I am sure this question will have been asked already.

I will make up for the laziness by reporting my experience with my mixture as soon as I can. It should be a good one because I will have more experience with supplementation than most and my review will be accurate with no placebo.

My greatest hobby is bodybuilding and I have had countless experience of buying supplements that have been hyped up and I've had to distinguish between placebo and actual results many times.

I'm going into it open minded so we'll see!

Thanks in advance for any answers!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

oK, now I am really confused. The bicarb test fizzed up even MORE than the last batch.
I have now used the same recipe as yours (as close as poss) ie:

3 tbl sp Now brand lecithin granules (28g)
1 tbl sp pure Ascorbic Acid powder (14g)

250ml of water (ok this is a tbl sp more than one glass!) for each.

heated the lecithin water to boil then let it sit a bit to cool down. mixed in the lecithin, blended for 60s with turbo hand held blender until completely emulsified. left in fridge to cool for 2 hours. added the cold water with AA to the mix, shook them up to get some decent foam, threw in USC and bobs your uncle, a batch that looks exactly like the pics we've been sharing so far. No globs, no foam etc.

I then took 4 oz of the mix in an 8 oz glass, stirred and added 1oz of RO water with 1/4 teaspoon of bicarb whilst stirring. the mixture fizzed up at least 6 inches or so. I'll go now process the pix and the video.

What am I doing different to you MM?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this! I must try it soon!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I also forgot to add I am using RO water too. I have a nice 4 stage RO system.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by RogerT3

I wouldn't expect the ph to change at all ...

Some of the AA is not encapsulated and that comes in contact with the ph probe or test strip.

What mechanism would make it more alkaline?

If it were totally encapsulated 100% then i would imagine that no acid would be in contact with a probe or test strip.

The baking soda test works because the more acid there is to react with the teaspoon of baking soda the more foam there is. Less available acid, less foam. More available acid, more foam.

A measure of ph won't measure the quantity of available acid just the ph of the available acid - no matter how little acid is available.

Look at it this way. If I test a swimming pool's sample for ph does the ph test reveal the size of the swimming pool?

So ph would be no measure of the percentage of encapsulation ...

A test of encapsulation would measure the quantity of free, or unencapsulated, AA - which the baking soda test does in a crude way.

FYI, pH is a measure of concentration of H+. It does in fact measure quantity.

Edit:

pH = log[H+]

Where [H+] = concentration of free H+ ions.
edit on 14-6-2012 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

After reading this article about "What is deionized water," if that was all I could find, I would use it, based on this paragraph:

Despite its uselessness for improving health, deionized water has many applications, most of them scientific or industrial. Deionized water is used extensively in microbiology experiments as a medium. This deionized water is also cooked in an autoclave prior to use, which kills off all bacteria or viruses therein. It is used to top up lead acid batteries used in cars and trucks, as mineral ions found in tap water drastically reduce their lifespan. It is used for steam irons used on clothing, ensuring well-ironed clothes without any chance of mineral residue. Deionized water is also used as a medium or additive in many pharmaceutical or cosmetic products, desired for its low chemical reactivity.

Heck, maybe it's even better?!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Thanks, any idea how this works regarding encapsulation and pH - are the 2 related somehow or is this a red herring?

Any thoughts on why ultrasonic would decrease pH. Do you think water molecules are disassociating and creating H+ and OH- ? I'm thinking electrolysis by ultra sound, maybe I should do a search - maybe we can also find a free energy machine out of this

ETA: hahahaha, first google result www.kodasplace.com... for ultrasound electrolysis is a page showing a theoretical design for a free energy electrolysis machine
and guess what, his design uses US at 42kHz, just like our cleaners - too funny!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 2serious

Thank you 2serious! I should perhaps have done a google myself, I apologise I'm in a bit of a rush today and for some reason it did not cross my mind!

I'll report back with how my mix and first dose goes tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3

Thanks, any idea how this works regarding encapsulation and pH - are the 2 related somehow or is this a red herring?

Any thoughts on why ultrasonic would decrease pH. Do you think water molecules are disassociating and creating H+ and OH- ? I'm thinking electrolysis by ultra sound, maybe I should do a search - maybe we can also find a free energy machine out of this

ETA: hahahaha, first google result www.kodasplace.com... for ultrasound electrolysis is a page showing a theoretical design for a free energy electrolysis machine
and guess what, his design uses US at 42kHz, just like our cleaners - too funny!

Water has a neutral pH, so that wouldn't affect it.

I'm not familiar with exactly how the encapsulation process works with this particular system, so I couldn't comment on how it would affect the pH. I would think it wouldn't affect it at all and my only guess as to why you are getting varying results is because of variability in the concentration you're using when making a batch.

I have read most of this thread, but for some reason the purpose for adding the bicarb seems to have missed my attention. Can you tell me why it is you do this? Maybe I can give you a better answer then.

Also, did you take any pH readings before sonication?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervalentiodine

Originally posted by RogerT3

Water has a neutral pH, so that wouldn't affect it.

I see what you're saying, but actually when you electrolyse water you get H+ and OH- ions, so it does have the possibility of playing with pH. Obviously, the ions should recombine as quickly as they are split, however, this is the way a lot of the alkaline water machines do their job. They use a semi-permeable membrane that keeps the alkaline and acid water seperated, the acid forming at the positive cathode and the alkali and the negative (or the other way around!)

I'm not familiar with exactly how the encapsulation process works with this particular system, so I couldn't comment on how it would affect the pH. I would think it wouldn't affect it at all and my only guess as to why you are getting varying results is because of variability in the concentration you're using when making a batch.

I tested the pH of the mix before and after sonification, nothing else was done to it, no additions of water or anything else. The only change would be a slight increase in temperature I noticed, presumably from the US energy input. Before starting, pH was 3.5 after 40 mins of 70W 42khz bombardment the pH had dropped to 3.2. Not a lot, but it's about a 10% drop!

I have read most of this thread, but for some reason the purpose for adding the bicarb seems to have missed my attention. Can you tell me why it is you do this? Maybe I can give you a better answer then.

The bicarb test is supposed to assess the amount of encapsulation by the amount of foam that is formed when the bicarb solution meets the acidic lipo-C. Megamind got almost no reaction and about 1/16th inch of foam. Mine fizzed up and almost out the top of the glass. We are using the same Lecithin, both using pure powdered AA and both have a very similar looking mix.

Also, did you take any pH readings before sonication?

Yep, see above.
pH was my attempt at finding a standard to assess liposome encapsulation, as I was dubious about the bicarb test, given the dramatically different results I was seeing to other members.
Add to that, the other 2 members who did the test both report 'mind blowing' results from their brew, I am still on the fence about mine ...

... having said that, I found myself singing out loud again today. so that is the second time in a week after drinking the lipo-C, and I'm not a great vocalist, so tend to keep my mouth shut and dance instead.

ETA: PS. got a bit side tracked with work commitments (and child minding) so haven't done the pix or the vid yet, may be able to get to that in about an hour when kids are asleep

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This may be a incredibly stupid suggestion, however it's worth the risk.

Has anyone thought of taking a look at this stuff through a microscope? Would you be able to see the bubbles and encapsulation?

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Update on my dad’s condition:
Not sure if it is coincidence or what, but roughly around the same time my father started the liposomal Vit C therapy, he slowly started getting small red bumps around his chest tube area. These later spread to some parts of his body. My dad had also been mentioning the lack of appetite due to the painful cold sores in his mouth making it painful to eat anything.

This past Monday, I asked one of the oncologists at the office if it was ok to take liposomal Vitamin C while on his chemo therapy. The oncologist said it was no problem for him to take any vitamins whatsoever. I explained in detail the science behind the liposomal VIt C therapy and he didn’t seem to disagree with my father taking it.

Yesterday, my father visited his pulmonologist. Upon seeing my dad’s hives and rash on his body, he immediately prescribed prednisone 20mg for five days, along with Claritin(antihistamine).
I told the pulmonologist about the Vit C therapy my dad was taking and the first thing he said is “IS this an FDA approved therapy?” I said no, and he then tells me and my dad to stop the liposomal Vit C therapy. He assumed the soy lecithin/ascorbic acid was the cause of his hives and rash.

I mentioned to him that the chemotherapy IV medication Torisel has common side effects such as hives and rash. After researching it himself, he then confirms that the rash/hives are due to the Torisel.
However, he still suggested to refrain from the liposomal Vit C therapy until we figure out whether or not is causing the hives/rash.

I’ve done a lot of searching and have not found one single piece of information that would lead me to believe that soy lecithin and/or ascorbic acid can lead to hives/rashes.
My dad’s immune system is relatively strong, given his current medical condition.
He did mention increase in energy, but at the same time told me that his appetite has not been as strong as before. THAT again is another side effect of the chemo therapy medication Torisel.

Last night, we discussed the matter and my dad was trying to make the case that the lip Vit C mixture was causing him to lose appetite. While soy lecithin can make you seem full, I doubt that it would inhibit his appetite.
I told him that in the end, it was his life and his choice.
I had never been so frustrated with him, and told him that it was his choice. I know the science behind it, and know it does not interact with his chemo. In fact, it is only helping his immune system. He then goes on to complain about the taste, and I told him that if I had to drink bear piss to cure myself of an illness, I would do so.
Upset and frustrated with my dad right now.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join