It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Hey Daynight42...

Instructions are third post on page 1, and second post on page 2... same text, although the page 2 2nd post interaction is the entire instruction.

"Heat one cup of distilled water in a ceramic coated or stainless steel pan on your stove (do not heat it in a microwave oven) until almost boiling.
Pour the water into your blender and add three level tablespoons of lecithin and blend until all of the lecithin is totally dissolved in the water.
In one cup of cold distilled water, dissolve one level tablespoon of ascorbic acid. Make sure it is totally dissolved, very important!
Add the ascorbic acid mixture to the lecithin mixture and blend well.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Just because you have a bigger tank doesn't mean you should make twice as much.
The less of a load the machine has the more force it can exert on the contents.
and the smaller will be the final particles.
Or like the old saying goes, "Less is More".

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by dominicus

Sounds easy enough to try, with readily available ingredients and equipment. One question, why do you not dissolve the Vit C powder in the hot water only, before you add the cold water? Seems it would dissolve in more completely that way.

Because Hot water would Kill the Vitamin C.

Those of you using liquid lecithin would not use the same amount as when using the granules.
I have both liquid and granules. Here is what it says on the labels.
Liquid - Serving size 1TBS, Calories 118, Total fat 11 grams = 17%; Granules Serving size 2 TBS, Calories 110, fat 8 grams=12%. Judge accordingly. Your measure should be LEVEL, which is kind of hard to do because the liquid is thick and it stands up in the spoon. Maybe measure out 1 which might equal 2?

You should definitly warm the lecithin. It does soak up water and the small amount you use should mix.
Lecithin is a fat emulsifier. I have used it in gravy that had a lot of floating grease. It emulsified it so that it blended with the broth - and it stayed that way - no separation.

I plan on buying some of the ready made lipo-C stuff to try before doing anything further.

Since lecithin is an emulsifier, I had bought some years ago when I had gall stones. Yes, it disolved them and I still have my gall bladder and no problems with it. It will also make your skin dewey. I occasionally take it now with blackstrap molasses..the molasses on the spoon first, take it, and then pour the lecithin..that way the lecithin does not stick to the spoon as I leave a light coat of the molasses on it, and I can lick it clean.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

I'm truly glad that you found something that actually works for you! Congratulations!

Please understand that my post was not directed at you per se.

For every "cure all" and "new fat diet/supplement" there is a testemonial almost identical to the oen you're now giving. I have no reason to believe these people, or yourself, are lying. However, anecdotes and personal experiences, unless they hold true across a cohort of the population (which is found through experimentation, do not prove the efficacy of a diet/supplement.

And example: People think they can prevent getting sick and can feel better by taking regular ol' vitamin c supplements daily, or by taking vitamin c at the first signs of a cold/flu. Sure, it may work for a small cohort of the population, but for the most... not so much.

summaries.cochrane.org...

The failure of vitamin C supplementation to reduce the incidence of colds in the general population indicates that routine prophylaxis is not justified. Vitamin C could be useful for people exposed to brief periods of severe physical exercise. While the prophylaxis trials have consistently shown that vitamin C reduces the duration and alleviates the symptoms of colds, this was not replicated in the few therapeutic trials that have been carried out.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

So are you saying that the wakefulness feeling and jitters i get from too much coffee is placebo? Or what about the sloppy feeling i get after 8 beers, placebo? Or what about all the illegal substances SWIM (someone who isn't me) has tried, also placebo?

These points are irrelavent and a horrible attempt to put words in my mouth (or letters on my....nm).

Caffeine is a stimulant drug that has been tested extensively in clinical trials. Ethanol is also a drug that has been tested extensively. And illegal substances that you speak of...I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. Are you seriously trying to use these are valid points? Absolutely ridiculous.

What you're taking has NOT been tested. NOT EVER has there been a large study examining the effects of homemade liposomal vitamin c.
edit on 3-6-2012 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
What you're taking has NOT been tested. NOT EVER has there been a large study examining the effects of homemade liposomal vitamin c.
edit on 3-6-2012 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

Then all you can say is maybe it does what we claim ... because you don't know that it does not.

Furthermore because you have no personal experience to draw from ... you have not taken any have you? ... then you don't even have your own anecdotal evidence to draw from.

I, and we, on the other hand do have our anecdotal personal experience. Being told i *might* be imagining all this hardly changes my reality of it.

So I guess my question is what really is your point?

Should we quit taking it?

Should I wait until someone 20 years from now does a study on it?

What happens if eventually we are proven right? Then I went 20 years without its benefit?

So I know what you're probably thinking ...

But Mega, what if you are wrong and it is doing nothing? or in a worst case scenario its even harmful?

So I weigh these possibilities and ask first how dangerous is it?

If the solution is ph neutral, after looking into vitamin C dosages I would have to say - not very dangerous at all. Very little risk. People have taken enormous doses of vitamin C with no negative side effects. I think the risk is worth it. To my knowledge no one has ever died from taking vitamin C. Many have died from not having enough. If I thought it was even a little dangerous I wouldn't mess with it.

So next ... what if it is really doing nothing? That its - all in my head? Then all I have done is waste money. Given the likelihood that its just "all in my head" is very small - again I say oh well worth the risk. Think about it - I am still experiencing something good even if its not real. Even if the experience has no basis in reality - it is my reality - it is still an experience and a good one at that.

And finally ... what if its all real and is doing what I feel it doing and it is highly beneficial to me? Do I want to risk giving that up because some authority hasn't proven my experiences to be real yet? Do I really need someone else to prove my experiences are based in reality? What does that even mean - your reality is not our reality yet. Is it worth it to me to wait so someone else can say - yes what you feel is real? Does that sound absurd to you? It does to me ...

No I don't think so. I would rather use my own experiences as evidence of what it is doing and risk the other possibilities.

You haven't even come close to convincing me that I should stop.

Is that what you want? For me to stop?

edit on 3-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemaEcho

Increase Absorption Dramatically - Regular vitamin C is absorbed at approximately 19%, the balance remains in the gastrointestinal tract to attract water and loosen the bowels. Nanotechnology, liposomalized vitamin C is absorbed at 93%, measurable in the blood stream. A 390% increase in absorption! Get IV results with oral dosage!

so from 19 percent to 93 percent absorption.
roughly 5 times increase assuming the above absorption rate is true
and there is no proof of that.
so if you are taking 500 mg and take 2500 mg you will get the same effect.
i tried going from 500 to 2000 and did not notice a significant effect.

anybody notice a great effect?
If a 100 percent increase of 19 percent would be 38 percent
a 400 percent increase of 19 percent would be 76 percent not 93 percent?
a 490 percent increase of 19 percent would be 93 percent.

edit on 3-6-2012 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dasman888

I have that set of instructions now. This set does not say to do both together in the blender. (this set 8aloha.com)

this recipe (calling to blend both together IN A BLENDER, not just the tank -- wording iffy) resulted in a proper mixture ONLY after I cut the LIQUID lecithin by 1/3. (I used 1 Tblspn instead of 3, and even that was a bit too much.)

So this are the differences since my last time trying.
1. Less blender mess. Easier to clean out.

2. Foamy milky-looking liquid

3. After 20 minutes

4. After 30 minutes (compared to yesterday's results on the left)

I can't exactly jump on the bandwagon and say I've had anything other than mild effects and certainly nothing extraordinary but definitely something very positive, at least. After about 15 minutes I felt very happy, like just smiling for no reason. It faded after a minute or so, but it happened again when I drank more, 13-15 minutes later "on schedule" again.

Energy level seems the same for me. Vision the same. Perhaps there is more benefit by using whole lecithin granules, but my liquid looks the same as yours, would you say?

I might as well go an extra mile and try the lecithin granules instead, but I'm honestly tired of experimenting at this point, but...I guess it could be worth it...but then the guys earlier said it wasn't even scientifically possible. Maybe I'll just keep what I have for now and wait and see how it goes. I have been physically active lately, so maybe I'm more tired than usual, and so that is countering the extra energy. I don't know. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel it more. Not sure, but will keep you guys updated.
edit on 4-6-2012 by daynight42 because: clarify

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Ok so $60 later I finally got the ingredients, luckily my partner received a UC for Christmas

Now I have just kicked my self because I have used 2 cups of water rather than 1 for the lecithin, I dissolved the tbsp of ascorbic acid in a cup of cold water, I blended the lecithin for 3 minutes, no clumps or gloop.
I then added the cup of ascorbic acid and blended for another 3 minutes, the mixture is well mixed and looks like yellow foamy "stuff" and is now in the UC for 30 minutes, hopefully the extra water doesn't make to much of a difference
as I had about half a cup left over which I tipped out! But if this concoction works a little bit, then I'll remake another batch with the proper amount of water, but so far looks like the same as the other pics

I would upload photos but I don't know how lol. Will report back once I've tried it and tested it on my partner ad mum

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

I took another sip earlier. No effect at all noticed. I think someone will end up getting an ultrasonic cleaner for a birthday.

$20 lost on the ingredients unless I use the V- C to preserve fruit or something. Suppose it can't hurt to take it as is too.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by fastbob72

You do know that Pheidippides got to Marathon and allegedly uttered that famous cry 'nike !!!' then dropped down dead.

You do realize that 99% of the modern population would have died before they ever made it half way?

He was running in the mountains too btw.

The traditional story relates that Pheidippides (530 BC–490 BC), an Athenian herald or hemerodrome[2] (translated as "day-runner" (Kyle 2007),[5] courier (Larcher 1806),[6][7] "professional-running courier" (Sears 2003)[2] or "day-long runner" (Miller 2006)[8]), was sent to Sparta to request help when the Persians landed at Marathon, Greece. He ran 240 km (150 mi) in two days. He then ran the 40 km (25 mi) from the battlefield near Marathon to Athens to announce the Greek victory over Persia in the Battle of Marathon (490 BC) with the word νικωμεν’ (nikomen[9]–"We have won"), as stated by Lucian "khairate, nikomen" ("hail, we are the winners")[10] to then collapse and die.

So here was a professional runner that did something only professional runners can do (and then dropped dead). Are you saying Mrs Smith of the same time could have also performed this feat?

Haile Gebrselassie does a pretty impressive job of the marathon too, without dropping dead at the finish line, wanna make a bet on whether he takes any supplements?
edit on 4-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Then all you can say is maybe it does what we claim ... because you don't know that it does not.

No. I don't. And I'll hapilly admit that. But science is about trying to prove one's hypothesis wrong. And, according to all evidence, the hypothesis proposed is bogus.

Furthermore because you have no personal experience to draw from ... you have not taken any have you? ... then you don't even have your own anecdotal evidence to draw from.

Please--and i mean this seriously--search through my posts during my tenure on this site and you'll see little, if any, anecdotal "evidence" being cited as proof of any kind. What my body, or yours for that matter, does is insignificant (and I could lecture for hours on what personal experiences I've had with this or that).

I, and we, on the other hand do have our anecdotal personal experience. Being told i *might* be imagining all this hardly changes my reality of it.

For YOU...yes. But your reality is exactly that. YOURS!!! According to history and science, you ARE imagining it. If you truly aren't?....That's awesome. Congrats. I hope you do well with the new snake oil on the market.

So I guess my question is what really is your point?

Should we quit taking it?

No. Do what you want with your life. If it helps you, continue. Please continue. But proceed with caution, because you have NO IDEA what you're putting into your body. And you you're supplementing with something that is unecessary for human beings (see the Alaskan Innuit pre westernization).

Should I wait until someone 20 years from now does a study on it?

Actuallty, a study on this subject wouldn't take quite so long. It would be a study that consisted of a few months. It would start with the efficacy of liposmal vitamn c cellular uptake vs intestinal absorption. We're not taking about dietary intervention studies....

To my knowledge no one has ever died from taking vitamin C. Many have died from not having enough. If I thought it was even a little dangerous I wouldn't mess with it.

That's great. Scurvy is not something to be worried about, sailor. That is unless you were a sailor in the past (mind their diet, please...which was mostly processed carbs).

So next ... what if it is really doing nothing? That its - all in my head? Then all I have done is waste money. Given the likelihood that its just "all in my head" is very small - again I say oh well worth the risk. Think about it - I am still experiencing something good even if its not real. Even if the experience has no basis in reality - it is my reality - it is still an experience and a good one at that.

For a minute.... It won't last. But, if it does, continue. If it works for you, that's awesome. Don't, however, try to make the rest of the population think that your experience is typical.

And finally ... what if its all real and is doing what I feel it doing and it is highly beneficial to me? Do I want to risk giving that up because some authority hasn't proven my experiences to be real yet? Do I really need someone else to prove my experiences are based in reality? What does that even mean - your reality is not our reality yet. Is it worth it to me to wait so someone else can say - yes what you feel is real? Does that sound absurd to you? It does to me ...

And people climb 1000' cliffs without ropes and think that's perfectly normal for them. To me, that sounds absurd. Oh...and yeah, it feels great to them. But to most people, climbing a 10' rock face WITH a rope is pretty effing scary.

You haven't even come close to convincing me that I should stop.
Is that what you want? For me to stop?

No. Keep going as you please. And, if you want, continue to post your experiences. But you should note that your experiences are exactly that....YOUR EXPERIENCES. And they're not typical.

I know it's hard to be objective, but you have to be. Trust me...I've been in your position before.

I'm not asking you to trust every study published--if you check some of my threads, you'll see that I disagree with most them. But, if you really wanna be truthful and objective, you have to try and dismantly/disprove what you believe. And if you put your hypothesis through the tests and it still holds true...then you have something.

edit on 4-6-2012 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Whether the experience of Megamind and the OP is typical is emerging from this very thread.

So far, 3 of the 4 people who have made and consumed this brew are reporting the same or similar experiences. So far, it looks pretty typical.

I do hope this thread keeps going and becomes more of a chronicle of experience than a debate. I'll be adding my own experiences as soon as the UK gets over the queen's day and shipping of important materials can resume!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Ok it's been 2 hours since I had 1 tablespoon, I was leery at first mainly because I botched the mixture with the extra cup of water..

However.

I am at work running off 3 hours sleep ( newborn baby ) I was considering getting someone to cover the shift as I was feeling wrecked, I feel great, i feel sharp. And more alert than I usually do with proper sleep, I regularly torture my body with sleep deprivation and poor diet so I know this has had an affect!

For about 20 minutes I had random sweats happening (weird?) but since then I feel fine, I feel calm, and just beat my highest score on bejeweled blitz on my iPhone by 100k points

I'm thinking I will need to double dose to get the more potent effect, but some should consider adding the extra cup of water, my blender had no residual mix stuck in it at all, and the sonic cleaner actually reduced the mixture by about 20ml, however the taste made me gag so bad I had tears haha!

Also. My mother has polymyalgia rheumatica so this will be an interesting test to see if it makes a difference to her condition.

I'll also still make another batch to the proper recope variations, I'll try several and post results of the different instructions etc.

P.S anyone reading this I recommend not taking this stuff while it's still warm!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by AlanQaida

I took another sip earlier. No effect at all noticed. I think someone will end up getting an ultrasonic cleaner for a birthday.

$20 lost on the ingredients unless I use the V- C to preserve fruit or something. Suppose it can't hurt to take it as is too.

Don't be so quick to give up, I was reluctant as I screwed up the concoction lol.
Also, do you have a fairly good diet? You may not be feeling such drastic effects if you already have a reasonable healthy diet?

Read up my post how I did it, trial and error?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Its now Monday and I started this on Friday. I have noticed the past two nights I have slept really well. I have been waking up very refreshed and mentally alert. The wakeful, sharp focused feeling was there all weekend.

Again if you are in great shape, have outstanding health then maybe you won't notice much of a difference with this stuff. I can't say my health was poor but neither could I say it was great. I am also pretty in tune with my body. I notice subtle differences and effects with different foods I consume.

As time passes I am sure the contrast to the way I felt on Thursday last week to the way I feel today will begin to fade. It doesn't mean that I am still not as sharp and awake as I was on Friday it just means that it is becoming a new normal and that the brain fog I was in is becoming a more distant memory. So the contrast which was so stark at first fades over time.

I don't think I or anyone else here is under the impression that our reports are anything scientific. I don't think that I or anyone else here believes our experiences constitute proof of anything. But it is patently absurd to draw the conclusion - without proof - that this is just a placebo effect. What science or evidence has anyone brought forward to show this? Where is the double blind study? It works both ways.

At any rate that debate amounts to nothing. No one is going to get around to studying the effects of Liposomal C - unless it is paid for by a supplement company, which none of the skeptics would believe anyway. (Even though that is what drug companies do all the time). So if there is no study then what?

Some people just like to argue. Whatever, I don't have time to waste ...

Anyway, again, as I type this my mind is very alert. I feel good. My body feels good. My gf says she also feels alert and much better since taking it. Unless some nasty side effect is experienced there is no way I am going to stop taking it. I was taking 3 grams of vitamin C per day in pill form (spread throughout the day) before starting this. While I experienced an improvement in things it was not nearly as potent as this new form of C. So this new form will be the C that I take.

Today I am making a new batch using the baking soda to neutralize the ph.

edit on 4-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

I read the first 15 pages of this thread then skipped to page 20. I must say I am intrigued by this experiment and the potential rewards from it. I think I will give it a try and see what happens.

I figure I can spend ~$75 worth of stuff for my health and not feel bad if it backfires. After all, we have all spent more money on things that didn't pan out so I don't feel so bad in trying this.

I will also report results of this as time goes on. Count me in, for now.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

I have been taking 3000mg daily of C in a pill. The difference with liposomal C is hugely different.

Going from 500mg to 2500mg in pill form - at one time - and saw no difference?

Yeah ... diarrhea is the only difference I would get from that ...
edit on 4-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma

I read the first 15 pages of this thread then skipped to page 20. I must say I am intrigued by this experiment and the potential rewards from it. I think I will give it a try and see what happens.

I figure I can spend ~$75 worth of stuff for my health and not feel bad if it backfires. After all, we have all spent more money on things that didn't pan out so I don't feel so bad in trying this.

I will also report results of this as time goes on. Count me in, for now.

Awesome! Look forward to hearing your results. I too spent about $75. Best money I every spent so far.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Ok, first step, just ordered my ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon for $34 (including S&H). Will take approx 5 days to get to me but in the meantime I will get the other ingredients and continue to read results from folks on this thread.

I also like the fact that someone mentioned their doctor aunt told them to check their pH level @ least once daily to ensure they don't go beyond the safe level. I will keep that as part of my experiment.

edit on 4-6-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join