It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's been an hour since taking our dose, and I definitely feel more alert than when I took it. It feels as if I have taken a very large cup of coffee and now I'm getting the munchies....

My wife feels the same way and told me she feels "it".

Had a moment where I thought I'll be heading for the bathroom for an extended stay, but that passed after eating some bread.

My eyes are the same, crappy at reading distance.

The after taste is somewhat metallic which makes me think we need to use food grade sonic mixer.... saw a post that the metal was rubbing off when cleaned....

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Okay, so I'm going to give this a whirl. I'll report back in a few days.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Sirric...

I would NOT use "zero water" filtered water. By definition, it is tap water that has been filtered... unless it is ALSO reverse osmosis water.

A fair number of places have reverse osmosis water, which, if the RO system is properly maintained, is about as close to steam distilled water as you can get without distillation. It removes something like 95% of the dissolved solids, and if it has a decent carbon pre-filter, will also remove most of the chlorine.

If you wanted to get hard core... you would latch onto some USP distilled water. That's what hospitals use when they want to run non-saline solution to mix meds into. It's pharmaceutical grade water, basically.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

You probably did not read my earlier posts, which is understandable, as this is a long thread.
First and foremost: The placebo effect does not work on me. I live with moderate to severe chronic pain from back, neck and hip injuries. In the course of the last 15 years, I've tried over a dozen "miracle" supplements, including DHEA, colostrum, coral calcium, resveratrol and a host of others. None of them have worked for me.

I had a medical doctor (and they NEVER hype supplements) and his physical therapist swear to me that colostrum taken in conjunction with some protein supps would do wonders for me. Look online at some of the testimonials for colostrum. People have sworn it's cured everything from cancer to M.S. to scleroderma.

It did NOTHING for me. I have joint, soft tissue and nerve injuries. I'm NEVER what one could consider comfortable because of the chronic pain. Chronic fatigue is a side benefit of my chronic pain. So when I say I have high energy levels now, I'm not talking about feeling a little peppier. I'm talking about lying in the reclining chair vs walking 3 miles at a fast pace.

You can see that early on in the thread, I left the OP a challenge. I'm a skeptic. I thought he was exaggerating. As I sit here typing, I feel better than I have in years. This vitamin C mixture is incredible.
You can think what you want. I'm actually cracking up at your comments, insinuating that I'm some mind-controlled dumbass who sees a commercial for a Big Mac and runs to McDonalds.
What a riot! Thanks for educating me on how marketing works.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Firstly, I would like to thank the OP for bringing this to my attention. I would also like to thank those who are knowledgeable in this area and added their input.

Question: How strong of an antioxidant would this be (ex. is it like drinking green tea regularly?)? I'm currently on long-term medications (SSRI and benzodiazepine medications) and will experience fairly severe withdrawal symptoms (or more?) if the antioxidant properties are too strong.

Any and all answers will be appreciated.

ETA: I don't believe any doctor would suggested taking anything more than the mainstream suggested dosage. I doubt that they want to expose their asses to lawsuits. lol So my question remains regardless of those who say to 'check with your doctor'.

Peace

-AS-
edit on 2-6-2012 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

A improved "sense of well-being" is a tell tale sign of the placebo effect. Even a "feeling of having more energy" can be directly attributed to the "sense of well-being".

So are you saying that the wakefulness feeling and jitters i get from too much coffee is placebo? Or what about the sloppy feeling i get after 8 beers, placebo? Or what about all the illegal substances SWIM (someone who isn't me) has tried, also placebo?

You got me thinking about a whole new conspiracy theory here. Perhaps the way that everyone feels daily and subjectively is all placebo effect. This is exactly what Buddhism and nondual philosophy says, that everything is illusion and conceptual mind based theory.

Y don't you buy some, or make some, and let us now if you feel anything. Placebo shmashebo, this stuff is working wonders on me. Today, i did grocery shopping, laundry, vacuumed, making dinner now, then 10 miles on the bike afterwards.

By the way, my meditations have been simply AMAZING!!!!! They are so crystal clear and alert, whereas before i would fall asleep.
edit on 2-6-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Update,

It's been 3 hours since we took our concoction and my wife and I are feeling way more energetic than we should this time of day. I am finding myself moving around the house randomly and my spousal unit is prancing around in a much higher state of enthusiasm, she is clearly affected by this.

So far, we both agree that we have much more energy, like caffeine intake, but without the shakes associated with that feeling. Eyesight is the same for me and the bathroom feeling is subdued for now. I do find myself zoning a lot more too.

If this is a placebo effect, It is a first for me since I've done lots of remedies and none have provided as quick as this response and accurate feeling that other report so clearly.

I'm sold! For me, this is the real deal and I'm flabbergasted about the results as I was skeptical anything would really happen.

Thank you Dom for introducing this to me.

Sirric
edit on 2/6/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Hey Sirric, no problem friend. I have tested this for a week and so far no negative effects except for it being a little harder to fall asleep at night. But i take melatonin anyway which knocks me out. Im glad its working on you as well. This stuff has had a miraculous impact on me and i think i lost a few lbs over the last week cause ive been doing 40 mins cardio or hittin the bike everyday. Before this stuff, it was 2 months since i worked. I have some chronic fatigue type stuff as well, but now its like im normal.

So now we have positive reports from 4 ATS members: Myself. Megamind, ColeYounger, and now add Sirric to the mix.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
After reading about the benefits of ascorbic acid for years and finally this post, I decided to take the plunge and try it out. I do have a question, though, to those members who have also started this. I made the mixture this morning following the directions on LemaEcho's post, and noticed after it has been in the fridge that it separated into two distinct layers: the "skim milk" liquid on top, and what I can only describe as "pus-colored" liquid on the bottom. Is this normal? I still get the sharp, acidic taste when taking it, as well. What did I do wrong?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OblivionGate

My first batch was like an orangey milky mixture, and on the bottom was some of lecithin which formed like small jello looking globs. It was still super effective and looked just like Megamind's first batch which he posted a pic of on this thread somewhere around page 8-10, give or take a few pages. Check that pic out and get back to us and let us know if thats how it looks.

On my second batch. I let the lecithin soak in water for a few hours and then made the mix and have no more globs in there. Its all yellowish orangey milkish colored.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

When I first made it, it was a uniform yellow-orange color. After being in the fridge awhile, it separated into white top/yellow bottom, but not like MegaMinds, as I see no "curds", if you will, in the bottom. I will try your method of soaking the lecithin for a bit before mixing with the ascorbic acid. I blended the @&%# out of it, as well. It does seem to work, though (placebo or not), and with the gamma-amino butyric acid I began taking recently, I have felt better today than I have in a long time. I took my kids (both hyperactive boys) to the zoo today, and they had to keep up with ME! I'll post back here and there with updates.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
OK, so I don't know at this point if it's working. It certainly doesn't look like it did in the video.

Firstly, I used liquid lecithin. (NOW foods, soy-based, non-gmo, etc). Same thing as granules but liquid. It said a serving (Tablespoon) is equal to 12 tablets...not that that helps me know how much to use. I use 3 level Tblspns as called for. This may be more than I need. Not sure.

Used Vitamin C crystals. Also by NOW.

This is the gunk that ended up taking me almost 30 minutes to clean out of my blender, as it sticks to everything like a thick glue that never dries.

Here is what I poured into the device. Ran it for at least 5 cycles to try to compensate for the "buttery clumps."

So, I'm very unsure if I never did it right. How would it be doing the same thing if it looks so much different than the guy's in the video? I blended another batch of lecithin with water, trying to blend less since the first time I got butter-looking clumps. The same thing happened again, though, but with smaller clumps.

Maybe since I'm using liquid lecithin, I shouldn't blend at all? How would those clumps be better than the liquid form? The liquid form would make more of a mess of the ultrasonic device, for sure, but I guess that's the next thing to try since this seems wrong based on the video the guy made.

I ate something at about the same time I took my trial "dose," so it's hard to say what I feel. I would need more time to say for sure that it's "coming from" the concoction.

So, I guess at this point, I'm on the fence. I need to first make sure I'm doing it right, and then need to rule out dietary substances. I think for anyone to say with certainty that it "was" or "wasn't" the concoction would be deviating far from scientific practices meant to secure results reliably.

This lecithin seems to leave a its taste in my mouth. I keep burping, and it tastes like the lecithin. It's kind of like fish burps for fish oil. Not sure this stuff is healthy based on that. It's like my body is trying to release something inside of it that shouldn't be there, maybe.

I will report more once I try another batch...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Daynight,

You can't use Liquid Lecithin in place of the whole kernel to do that way as far as I have researched. You need to use the whole kernel only.

There may be another way, like heating it with water on the stove until it almost boils and dissolving it that way.

Hope that helps.

Sirric

edit on 2/6/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The milky part of your mixture looks like mine but you have far more yellow lethicin then I did. Maybe it was too much lethicin? I guess you probably know this but use the milky part not the yellow.

I used the granular lethicin and boiled my water then added the lethicin in the blender. I think I should have blended mine longer but in the end it worked just fine. Next time however I will try the refrigerator soak of the lethicin.

Also I make sure to take it on an empty stomach and wait at least 15 to 20 min before eating so essentially I am taking it before meals.

I also noticed some mild burping after taking it within the next 10 min or so. My gf hasn't really experienced this but it has been consistent for me.

--------------------------

Its been great reading everyone's experiences look forward to more reports ....

edit on 2-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wow, this thread has exploded. Thank you all for reporting back.

I am already "hyper" as it is and have a hard time falling asleep at night and have 20/20 vision already. But, I do have a history of Kidney Stones which are the worst thing imaginable so I know its been mentioned a little earlier in the thread but would this concoction increase the likely hood of Kidney Stones??

As soon as the funds are available I will give it a try and my Wife for sure would benefit from this. I also have a Brother who was just diagnosed with Cancer and the Family is not real keen on new ideas about healthy alternatives. I mentioned "smoking some green" to him on the phone to help his appetite and he told my Mother who freaked out on me. Anyway, please keep reporting back.

Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirric

You can't use Liquid Lecithin in place of the whole kernel to do that way as far as I have researched. You need to use the whole kernel only.

There may be another way, like heating it with water on the stove until it almost boils and dissolving it that way.

The 8alpha.com website said that sunflower (liquid) lecithin can be used. That isn't what I used, but it seems if one type of lecithin can be used in liquid, that another would be. In other words, would it matter that it's soy versus sunflower? He says it's okay to use sunflower, and we already know it's okay to use soy.

I didn't know I wasn't supposed to put the yellow solids in the machine.

I did the baking soda test. I got a few bubbles the size of my thumb that stuck to the side of the glass, but nothing was covering the entire top. Unless I did it wrong, my solution was properly encapsulated. But...

On the other hand, I took regular 4 fl oz of water + some vitamin C...as a control...and put the baking soda single fl oz to the test. It made bubbles inside the glass (like soda pop), but there were no bubbles creating a layer on the top such as those described on his website. (source: here) So, really, I don't know what the heck is going on.

Someone said not to use the yellow solids. Those ARE the lecithin fat, though. It has to be, because it's floating. You can't say the milky stuff is the fat because it's the solids are floating; they must be the fat, and they are certainly greasy feeling. If the yellow blobs are the fat, then what are they claiming is encapsulating the vitamin C? Why wouldn't THAT float to the top as well? Density is not high enough for some reason?

I just don't understand how this works. Something could be wrong here. The medical community would use $10,000 machines if ultrasonic ones under 100 bucks would? I've having my doubts here. I just don't see how the fat (lecithin) is getting attached to the outside of the vitamin c. Why wouldn't it float to the top after? It would certainly have to be more buoyant.

ETA:
I have reason to doubt this guy. He is selling something for "protandim," and that I looked up and shown to be a pyramid scheme scam. Just consider this when you consider this treatment. I'm not sure what to believe yet, but I know a junk product when I learn of one, and reviewers say protandim is a multi-level marketing scam. Junk.
www.amazon.com...=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R2QPWH98INVD4A

Buyer beware!
edit on 3-6-2012 by daynight42 because: extra info

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Sounds easy enough to try, with readily available ingredients and equipment. One question, why do you not dissolve the Vit C powder in the hot water only, before you add the cold water? Seems it would dissolve in more completely that way.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Daynight42, nope... doesn't look right.

I had nothing but milky fluid after running through the whole process.

Also, remember... start with everything CLEAN... and I mean clean... no droplets of tap water on anything... use a clean towel to dry everything so everything you need is ready to go. A clean towels is NOT one that smells like fabric softener... that is a contaminated towel. We are engaging in an experiment where we want the result to be food grade... so, use standard lab practices.

I just looked at my batch, mixed 4 hours ago. Still just a milky liquid with no stratification whatsoever... it looks fully emulsified. I'll be keen to see what it looks like in the morning!

Follow the recipe on the first or second page. If you are going to try liquid lecithin... put your 1 cup of water in a clean pan on the stove... you MUST use distilled or reverse osmosis water.

Be sure there is NOTHING but lecithin in your lecithin.

Heat the water up... not to boiling... but fairly close to boiling... throw it into your clean blender... turn on your blender with the hot water... and start putting your lecithin into it. Leave it running... once you have 3 tablespoons in there... crank it up to high for a little bit... the hot water should start blending it with the water... leave the blender running... while it blends on medium or so... measure out your 1 cup of cool water... put your 1 TBSP of C crystals in there... stir thoroughly until the C is disolved... a couple minutes of stirring... poor this into the running blender with the lecithin...

run on high again for a couple of minutes... and in the mean time, make sure you have the Ultrasonic cleaner clean and ready to go... turn of the blender... pour the milky fluid into the UCleaner till it's up at the MAX line, and flip that puppy on and let it run...

Stir it regularly... run it as many cycles as will equal 30 minutes... the foam should subside... while you run the UC have a clean glass jar ready to go...

I spooned it into my jar till I had about half in the jar, then put the jar into the sink and poured the rest out of the UC. Put the lid on it tight then washed the outside of the jar with soap, because it clearly had a "a tough oily film" covering it.

Very interesting...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You're not dissolving it in the water.

en.wikipedia.org...

Secondly, lecithin is not a term for a single compound. It in fact describes any brown/yellow fatty deposits found in plant or animal tissue. As such, it is quite likely that the source of the lecithin you are using is your problem. Your best bet would be to find some of the granulated stuff, or something that has already been reported to work.

edit on 3-6-2012 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

MM, it's unlikely soaking the lecithin in water will make much of a difference... since "oil and water" don't much mix. Using the hot water, such as you did, should be sufficient to dissolve the lecithin granules, measure out your lecithin... then just pour it into the running blender...

...once you add the dissolved C solution, it will tend to "cut" the lecithin a bit and help emulsify it. I let my blender run for a few minutes... and when I turned it off I poured it immediately into the UC and turned it on, running it 10 time at 3 minutes at a time, each time immediately turnging it back on.

My 3 tablespoons of lecithin... and one tablespoon of C, and 2 cups of water... blended up entirely, with no apparent solids left over... I have just a jar of milky sour fatty "Juice".

edit on 3-6-2012 by dasman888 because: edits

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join