It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
is there anywhere i can just go buy this stuff, allready made?

sry if this has allready been asked i havnt read the whole thread..

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by superballs
is there anywhere i can just go buy this stuff, allready made?

sry if this has allready been asked i havnt read the whole thread..

Shop around for a better deal if you like

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

i googled it and found some online

but i was wondering if i couuld just go to some store like gnc and pick some up lol

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by superballs

i googled it and found some online

but i was wondering if i could just go to some store like gnc and pick some up lol

GNC doesn't sell anything like this, unfortunately. There are website that say they carry it, but not many that I've seen have any in stock.

Absorbot Lipo-C
edit on 4/6/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well, day three of my lipo-c regiment and I feel absolutely fantastic! Besides the increase in energy I feel, my lower back pain is almost non-existent, and I can roll out of bed in the morning without having to ratchet my back straight. I'm less stressed at work and have far more energy to expend on my kids than usual. I have even noticed more clarity in my thinking, as well. I will report back in a few days with more updates. Hope everyone is well.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

I checked some of the mail order vitamin places and none of them have it.

I found some that have some that have comparatively good prices. THere was one that had 90 soft gels that contained 750 mg of C for $35. THen there is another that has 32 oz for $45.
The problem I see with them is that I think they both come from Mexico. The seller is in California.
The stuff at Amazon is $30 for 30 packets of 1000mg.
They also have a bottle of liquid for $44, but there is no clue as to what size it is or how many servings.
Not even the manufacturer's web site tells the size.
I don't have time right now or I would write and ask.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

Mr Uncreated --- I have read that niacinamide is very good for arthritis. Here is a link:

www.doctoryourself.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Google (or Bing) "Brooks Bradley's Homemade Liposomal C Method" and look at his original post from 2009.
He mentions a couple of companies that he says have a good product.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

No...the guys at GNC and Vitamin World just looked at me funny when I mentioned it.
Even funnier when I told them I was going to make my own.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Thank you for talking to your relative and getting more facts about Vitamin C! There is actually 75 years of research proving the miraculous healing effects of vitamin C therapy. Regarding acidic levels, did you see the link here:

www.quantumbalancing.com...

This tells you how to make the compound adding baking soda to achieve the right alkaline balance. Scroll down to see the recipe at the bottom. This is the recipe I am going to try when my ultrasonic cleaner arrives in the mail (I hope soon!).

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Hello and thanks for posting. This link gives information about how vitamin C actually helps block the formation of kidney stones:

www.doctoryourself.com...

I would definitely do more research into this on your own to feel sure that you are on the right path. Here's a good place to start:

tomlevymd.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

So this is just as good as the methods discussed here?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Until I can make this mixture and report back, I thought I would share some good stuff about vitamin C.

The National Library of Medicine contains thousands of studies demonstrating vitamin C's ability to significantly improve health, with 220 disease applications documented on the research site GreenMedInfo.com alone. The best thing 'we the people' can do, despite our lack of medical degrees and licensure, and without the FDA's iron-fisted legal and regulatory apparatus on our side, is to use the peer-reviewed research at our disposal to inform and protect our treatment decisions. ...

It is a little known and under-appreciated fact that all humans are born with a serious, life-threatening genetic defect: namely, the inability to manufacture Vitamin C. This defect occurred approximately 63 million years ago, when our haplorrhini (“simple nosed”) primate predecessors lost the gene (Gulnolactone oxidase pseudogene – GULOP), responsible for the manufacture of Vitamin C from glucose. The ability to synthesize Vitamin C, in fact, has been lost several times in vertebrates, e.g. in guinea pigs, some bats, some fishes, passeriform birds and in primates of the suborder Haplorrhini, which includes monkeys, apes and humans....

According to this perspective, without adequate Vitamin C we are unable to produce the collagen necessary to heal our arteries. The Vitamin C starved body compensates for this by increasing the production of a very small and sticky type of cholesterol known as lipoprotein A, which leads to the formation of atheromatous plaque (clogged arteries). Linus Pauling advocated taking large amounts of vitamin C in combination with the amino acid lysine to reverse the damage done to the arteries, and to prevent recurrence.* Indeed, a study published in 2008 showed that higher plasma vitamin C levels are associated with a significantly reduced risk of stroke. Scientists from the clinical gerontology unit at Addnbrooke’s University Hospital in Cambridge, UK, tracked 20,649 men and women aged 40 to 79 years, between 1993 and 1997. The group was followed through March 2005. Individuals who had the highest vitamin C levels showed a 42% reduction in stroke risk! If you compare this with Plavix’s 8.7 – 9.4% risk reduction, and the profound side effects drugs like these generate, one begins to understand why the media projection of “vitamins are toxic” propaganda serves only the interests of the drug companies.

from "Two Hundred Reasons to Love Vitamin C"

www.greenmedinfo.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow, I read most of this thread over about two days. Must say the skeptics are rather annoying. Sheesh. Even reviews for this stuff (pre-made) on iHerb are positive. Let me see, lecithin, natural substance; water, natural substance; vit. C, natural substance. For all the crap that goes into our bodies without our knowing it (GMOs, toxic chemicals, residual drugs in the water, etc.) . . . I'd say this sounds quite safe, if done with a rational amount of precaution and sense. I've ordered my "stuff" but it will take a while to get here. I just wanted to drop a line of "thanks and I'm in" . . . Maybe OP is keeping track of all this? Boy, maybe we need to take our discussion somewhere where we won't be bothered by the "logic only" people who never will try anything that doesn't make sense to them. (What a limited world that must be.)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by muzzleflash

So, what's the big deal to you, if those of us who want to give this a try, do it. It's not costing you a cent. And, you have no better conclusive information than we do. At least we are fact gathering, first hand. No skin off your nose.

I notice, that in threads like this, after it's been rolling along all fine and dandy, there are always a few naysayers who jump in pages down the line, to bash those who've been participating in a friendly manner. Why is that, I wonder.

Des

I didn't say don't try it. Odds are it won't hurt you at all.
It looks totally safe.

However, I would like to know why is everyone so hostile to natural remedies like food?

And I have every right to ask questions about how did caveman survive without it, because that should help bring the issues into better focus.

If someone can answer the criticism sufficiently I will happily shift my opinion as a result. I actually don't know but can only assume and guess, so anyone who has done the research and does know the answers can enlighten me.

No need to get hostile simply because I am questioning your belief system.

First of all it might help if you actually read the entire OP and the articles and references so you actually understood the point of this whether you agree with it or not. Here's a hint it has to do with absorption rates which Megamind explained to you but you apparently did not read it, or don't understand it. Second you are not asking questions you are condescendingly poo pooing it in your ignorance which is why you are getting hostile responses. Third all oranges are not the same the oranges you buy in the store are barely food compared to the oranges our ancestors ate. With depleted trace minerals and chemical and petroleum based fertilizers todays fruits and veggies are only marginally food in comparison.

if you want to be all natural like the animals as you keep refering too you can defecate and urinate on the floor too as who needs toilets and drink water from the nearest puddle pond or river however there are things that separate us from animals for a reason. So perhaps if you stop talking out your ass on something you know nothing about and listen to actual results real people are having you might learn something. You are free to not agree but you don't have to repeat the same non-sense over and over we get that you "don't agee" you can stop brow beating us with it now, thanks for your cooperation...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Third all oranges are not the same the oranges you buy in the store are barely food compared to the oranges our ancestors ate. With depleted trace minerals and chemical and petroleum based fertilizers todays fruits and veggies are only marginally food in comparison.

This is a key point. what most folks don't know is the majority of "fresh" fruits and vegetables are picked WELL before maturing. The apples one eats out of season are picked a year prior, the pears will be the same, most of everything else is picked a least a month prior to being ripe - for shipping. This is important because in many fruits and vegetables the key synthesis for energetic connection comes at fruition, not just by being - think a baby born at 7 months vs 9 months. Add that to the fact that most food is grown in chemical dust, designed for "looks" rather then health and if it isn't organic and certified - I won't even go into the horror that I know about personally, you're not getting what you need.

It should also be said here that folks will experience this process in different ways. If you are an A blood type the C will do more for you then an O, due to the way you process C etc. But this isn't for everyone. If you eat poorly, drink tap water, don't exercise and so on the process will be different. There are billions of people on the planet and despite science wanting them to all be the same they are not. Each person in in their own evolutionary process based on what their consciousness is expressing through their body, so each experience will be different. Some commonalities will be found, but for most it will be unique. The great thing is the proactive way in which MAKING your own supplement will enhance your overall growth - here you can't go wrong.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Someone up thread asked where to buy ingredients other than the usual GNC places. A firm in Oregon called 'Purebulk.com' has good prices, their ingredients are pure (without fillers) and they ship quickly all over the world. No relation to them, just know about them because I live down the road from them.

To the discussion of 'why not just eat an orange' not all fruits and vegetables are created equal, and we all are not in Costa Rica picking ripe fruit off the tree and eating it immediately. Some people have spent their whole lives in northern climates, eating weeks old fruit picked way before it was ripe and to add insult to injury, never get much in the way of sunshine. Add in the GMO and insecticide issues and we're all pretty poisoned. If you don't believe me, go to the mall and look around. Nearly everyone is sick and healthy athletes are the exception. Look at photos from 80 years ago, everyone was fit and hale looking.

When I first started on nootropics at age 46 or so (12 years ago now), my mother was all worried like certain people up thread are; 'what if they give you cancer?' 'what if they're poison...?' Of course she couldn't be bothered to read the literature as I had been.

The problem was, I looked at her and my elderly aunts and my female cousins of the same age, and my genetic inheritance wasn't looking too good. They were wrinkling up fast and heavily, their brains were semi-fried already in a pre-dementia way that doctors like to call 'pleasantly confused' or 'cheerfully demented'. Their conversational abilities were repetitive and limited. I figured, it was my body and brain to experiment with, and they were the control group.

Fast forward 12 years, I've been on DHEA, pregnenolone, lecithin, vitamins and intermittent other supplements like Vitamin D3 in the winter, gingko, ginseng, (OMG ginseng is amazing stuff, and there's different kinds of it with different effects!), milk thistle for the occasional liver cleaning, etc. I'm now 58, still have the residual effects of chronic Crohns that went undiagnosed for more than 30 years, but I'm often taken for someone in their early 40s, I'm a member of Mensa and can hold my own with ANYbody from that group at gatherings, and I have nary a wrinkle or an age spot. Actually, I had age spots on my hands at 45, they're gone now and I can only suspect that the age spots you get in your brain as you get older have also resolved internally. They're called lipofuscin plaques and they're not a good thing...

Could I be accelerating an undiagnosed cancer with the DHEA? Sure, but no signs of anything yet and I have plans if that's the case. Could I have been this lucid and mentally alert and verbally able without the supplements? Hell no. I'll take a shortened vital life over a long foggy one any day.

There's something I've said before but it bears repeating; the internet is like a global electronic form of telepathy. For the first time in history, we can access information, compare notes and learn as quickly from each other as possible. This beats the hell out of some stuffy, incomprehensible, buried in a journal, peer reviewed by the gatekeepers, formal study. I have no doubt that somewhere the cure for all of mankind's diseases is sitting in a file drawer somewhere, having been seen 'not fit to publish' by some credentialed hack.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It seems my batch that is over liquified actually works fine, I'm making the new batch now by instructions, also drinking the liquid cold is much more pleasant, kinda has a paper after taste!

I also have another idea, I'm thinking I might mix the final cold solution into equal part of jelly (no sugar, no sweetener, 0 calorie) I just wanted to ask if this may change the way it is absorbed? Or possibly alter the composition enough to be non effective?

I find swallong jelly to be easier
however chasing with a natural home made fruit juice makes it a lot easier.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you added some (Brandy, vodka, whatever) in it just before you drink it!

P

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter

Thank you very much. This is why I luv this site.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join