It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass brawl erupts in front of Goldfish, Kings Cross

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Ironic,the emphasis on "Caucasian",vs. "Dark" in the Article..

Like another poster said,brawls,between servicemen,of different country's,has happened for long time.

Nothing new here,except the "emphases",of skin color..........

I think the emphasis on skin colour was a very awkward attempt to not make an emphasis. I.e, "the blacks are the Yanks and the white guys are Australian, so you know". (though that would be the obvious guess)

They couldn't say that and ended up making it worse.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Maybe not in this case or context but everywhere else in the world the blood is on americans hands.

Go home Americans

I am sure the Aborigines have similar thoughts.....................

edit on 31-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Guess it all part of the food chain isn't it?

american indians?

islanders in the pacific?

where does it start and where does it end.

It has gotta end somewhere

That is another debate though

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxCavalera
I actually had no idea this America vs Australia thing was some kind of big issue.

I saw a guy on another forum I frequent at and they were also on about how all austrlaians should stop hating on americans... I take it that because of all the new form sof media in existance and America being a dominant Media Force and presence..

People are starting to talk more about the deeds being done by the most reported stories.. being americans due to their dominant media exposure within our gradually globalising society courtesy of the internet. I have no idea why people would think America is full of haters etc, i think every country and race has haters.. people are people and nationality has very little to do with their attitudes and mentality.

Unfortunately CrimsonKapital is already doing his best to use rare and emotive media to create a false image.

I see a lot of this on You Tube. (There are even crime gangs that are paid to do this). I think it is common because people have realised that emotive media gets results and they use it to sway public opinion their way. There is no doubt this is why CrimsonKapital was so fast to start this topic.

See how we all disagree yet he still goes on. He must know that a melee in a seedy part of town is not news, but he continues on just the same...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

I doubt you're going to convince many on this board that this is really a groundshatteringly massive deal and that the Americans are clearly evil imperialist aggressors in this case.

edit on 31-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

Maybe not in this case or context but everywhere else in the world the blood is on americans hands.

Go home Americans

I should have been more specific. America's foreign policy certainly is aggressive and imperialistic but in the situation the OP presented the Americans and the Australians were simply being human beings.

I also disagree with a permanent major American presence in Australia, and in all the places around the world that we are present.

I am perfectly fine with our boys visiting to train and vice versa, though.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by paganini

I never said fights were uncommon in the military now you are trying to put words in my mouth. This is about thug Americans coming into our country thinking they can do as they please. Its not on, it might be acceptable back in America due to a lack of morals but in Australia you don't go picking fights with people just for the hell of it. Tell me where I was shot down? People for the most part are saying this is just army rivalry.

Come on bloke what were you smoking before you wrote this & can you forward me your suppliers contact details.

This is about young guys out on the town blowing of steam not some US hate campaining against us, the only other thing it is about is media crap sensationalism.
Mate where did you grow up cause we Aussies are renowned for getting pissed and starting S#%$ so please put the pipe down befor posting anymore.
It's all media crap "WILD BRAWL", "VIOLENT STREET CLASH", please you see worse at the local on any given Friday night.
If you want to get pissed at Americans do for a good reason we might even back you. Like say pine gap, new US or any bases, leasing the the cocos islands or try to make us a defensless country the list is long & distinguished but this this doesn't even rate a mention.

The Aussies were ADF personel out of Richmond barracks, it has been DENIED that the yanks were US Air force, which is probably media speek for oops they were marines but no further word on that sshh, they might have been tourists or even illegal imigrants lol.
The fight was over befor it started and the 2 yanks were picked up only after they came back I suppose to turn themselves in, but maybe for round 2.
They are only being held for questioning by police at this time no charges have been laid.
So far all media hate is being directed at our boys such as.
Defence force chief David Hurley said he'd been in discussion with NSW Police to find out what happened.
He said in Canberra today: "(I'm) disappointed that ADF personnel have been involved in this."

The only problem I had with the Americans was their attitude.
They turned 1 v 1 into a group assault.
They chased down a guy who didn't want to fight.
They attacked the only guy who was trying to settle things down.
At least one had to arm himself with his belt which IMO adding any type of weapon takes things to another level and he should be dealt with for that.

Thats just not how you play cricket and is piss poor in my book, young blokes in a measuring comp that they all want to be involved in mehh nothing to see there.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Guess it all part of the food chain isn't it?

Hatred for Americans,and all this "blood" on Americans hands.........

I find the "generalization" of ALL Americans,thrown into the mix,absurd .

I wonder how many Australians,would be speaking Japanese,if everyone had the same outlook as you,back in WW2 ?

I wonder.............

Like you said though,thats "another" debate...........

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Its not just servicemen (never been in the military) who do this,when I was their age that was nearly how we said G`day.

I don`t want the US bases on our soil but if their servicemen are over here and out for a good time,thats what happens more often than not,even if they are servicemen or not,or maybe I`m just getting too old? doesn`t this type of thing still happen?

In an ideal world it would have been better to have a fair fight out of range from prying eye`s or camera`s and maybe this storm in a tea cup wouldn`t be there to be blown out of proportion by the media.So these guys (both sides) should be more careful.

I agree with you Crimson about the bases,but don`t be too concerned about a scrap,the blame lands on our governments more than anything.

And for those who were laughing about the Aussie running away from a couple of guys,I remember when I was about their age, out and about and with a mate,ended up with just me and another guy having a punch up (something about I had to give him $20 bucks because I was a white "C" virgina, outside Hungry Jacks "Burger King") then all his mates came pouring out the shop (must of been about 8) we whipped the lot of them by about 500 metres.We still to this day laugh about it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Really? Brawls have been going on for generations between different units in the military. This is not news.

I wouldn't take it personally, CrimsonKapital is an anti-American Australian. Just look through his past threads and you will see a pattern of hate for America. So it just goes to prove that he would pounce on this story to further his anti-American rhetoric.

I dont take his rhetoric seriously, and neither should most people, not until he gets that monkey off his back.
edit on 30-5-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

I don't hate America but I am sick of the hate that Americans give toward Australia. If you want me to stop than why don't you stop harrassing my country, why don't you leave my government be and quit involving us in your wars, instead of thanking our servicemen you try to BASH THEM!!!????

I dunno.. Looks like you're doing a great job being the problem as well. You accuse "americans" when it's obviously gang motivated. Dont like it? Welcome to the common goin ons in america.

now.. Back to this hatred you have for us. I never stepped foot in your country.. Least I was gonna visit, till now. Up untill this point, I could have sworn Oz had really decent people there. You're starting to make me feel that this "Better than you" mentality is worldwide and doesnt give a damn about anything but lables.

Sorry chap.. From all of the people in Oz that I have met, became friends with and have known much of my adult life... You have got to be the first asshole I've had the pleasure of meeting. Thanks! I was starting to think all people from oz were too cool and that just didnt seem possible. Thanks so much for clearing that up for me.

Gotta have at least one douche in the box of cleaning supplies I guess....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

yeah I never quite get this massing everyone up into one ball. If I was to say terrorrist, someone would say... not all muslim... bla bla.. Yet, when it comes to america, I guess we're just guilty, even though we, the people OF the United States of America, never seems to have anything to do with it. Hell, our own government wont even listen to us... the people who put them in office. Yet... We're all just a bunch of up to no good americans..

*sigh* Guess every other national is a friggin saint compared to the common american.

Next time someone is taking over your country, pressing down on you in happless ways... Dont call us.. We're just the wankers that no one wants around till TSHTF and when the world needs expendables to do their dirty work. So yeah.. Dont call us.. We're not interested in YOUR freedoms anymore. I think I'm going to just start worrying about my own from now on and to hell with the rest of the worlds peace, freedom and right to life...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Stories like this one are just a tiny fraction of how America has wronged us.

Please.....

Your very own Kangaroos,have wronged Australians, more then America !!!!!

New research by PhD student Guy Ballard shows more than triple the expected number of kangaroo attacks between South Grafton and Coffs Harbour on the New South Wale North Coast.

The kangaroo them jumped in to the water and the dog followed. In a self defence move typical for kangaroos the kangaroo grabbed the dog with its front paws and held it under water to drown it. By now Chris had caught up with them and leapt into the water too to save his dog from the five foot roo, but the roo was not giving up the dog just like that and ripped in to Chris too. He received a big gash on his forehead and several deep gashes on his abdomen and chest while he was under water trying to pull his half drowned dog away from the roo and make his way back to shallower water, the roo only finally backed off a bit when Chris managed to elbow it in the throat. During an interview in the local hospital he said that he didn't think he'd ever be able to watch Skippy on TV again.

Sylvia Aldren, 48 was picking roses outside in the garden outside her house in Burpengary on the outskirts of Brisbane when she noticed a few kangaroos nearby. One large one approached her and then pushed her to the ground and repeatedly kicked, bit and scratched her as family and friends watched in horror. She was taken to Caboolture hospital in her blood covered dress with injuries to her chest, thighs, arms and legs but released a few hours later with puncture marks, bruising and deep scratches all over her body. Other people in the area claim a mob of at least 50 kangaroos that live nearby have terrorized them for years and also on occasion attacked them.

Kangaroo attacks

THIS puts Australia,into a whole new perspective !

LOL most foreigners think Skippy is just a cute pet we all keep in the back yard, how wrong they are.
When people visit and want to just go pat a random Kanga they get very shocked when I explain what they are capable of.
A big red that stands 7ft tall weighs 300 pounds, can jump 30ft in one bounce and is capable of disemboweling you with one kick is enough to make a US marine or any other man piss his pants.
The Boxing kanga is no joke.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I have not said anything about hatred of Americans

That is your words
I have stated for Amercians to go home
I also stated that everywhere Americans ( meaning the amercian war machine) goes they have blood on their hands) I should have been more specific to avoid confusion

Many Australians speak Japanese. I would not like to think that you believe America is responsible for saving Australia from an all out Japanese invasion.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan

LOL most foreigners think Skippy is just a cute pet we all keep in the back yard, how wrong they are.
When people visit and want to just go pat a random Kanga they get very shocked when I explain what they are capable of.
A big red that stands 7ft tall weighs 300 pounds, can jump 30ft in one bounce and is capable of disemboweling you with one kick is enough to make a US marine or any other man piss his pants.

You Australians,better start letting them into your public Bars,to handle all those rowdy Americans.........

I kid though......

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

I watched the vids, those kangaroos are douchebags! I lol'd hard though!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What a load of bullocks.......................................2nd

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Go home Americans

I am sure the Aborigines have similar thoughts.....................

edit on 31-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Nope then there would be no one to cut the checks.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan

You Australians,better start letting them into your public Bars,to handle all those rowdy Americans.........

I kid though......

Nahh thats what we have drop bears for and those cute little red backs.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I have not said anything about hatred of Americans

That is your words
I have stated for Amercians to go home
I also stated that everywhere Americans ( meaning the amercian war machine) goes they have blood on their hands) I should have been more specific to avoid confusion

Many Australians speak Japanese. I would not like to think that you believe America is responsible for saving Australia from an all out Japanese invasion.

Dont worry. I "understood" the implications of what you meant. I took my "own" interpretation of it.

See,in America,down South,Whites used to use the same "line" of words,when they were talking about people of the colored race. Usually,it was "(blank),go home ! " Fact is, its so common,that you hear it in many Country's, Usually by those who believe they have a "right" to say it,because they consider themselves,the "Native" population,or feel like they "own" the part of land,or Country,they live on. EVERYONE is a "foreigner".

Spin it how you want those to perceive it,but usually the "Foreigner" sees it,like this.

Now, America,with the help of Britain,and Native Filipinos,and a whole slew of Allies, made SURE Australia,didnt fall into the hands of the AXIS. I know,without Americas help,MANY Countrys would have fell,or stayed in control of AXIS hands......Unless you want to disagree with History........

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Glad we have achieved some clarity

good job

sincerely

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join