It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass brawl erupts in front of Goldfish, Kings Cross

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Really? Brawls have been going on for generations between different units in the military. This is not news.

Do you see Australians coming into your country trying to bash up your servicemen?

edit on 30-5-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: spelling

Just a heads up.....

Any one named BubbaJoe from Missouri [US], knows a thing or 2 about brawls.

We have many friends in that neck of the woods and they don't back down from a good fight. It's just their way.

Unfortunately in the U.S. we are used to seeing fights all the time. Not saying it's right, but I guess we're just conditioned to them by now.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

A fare bit of sensationalism if ever I heard. Come on its probably a little blue over a hooka or drink. We all know how Australian media thrive on these stories. Celebs & sporting celebs are probably mostly happy this is taking the light off them for a day or two. In a few days we'll have a story of someone (footy player) urinating in public while intoxicated.
This is news? I think not... well not real news anyway. BTW we could do a hell of a lot worse then US as allies, I could think of a number of them.

Really "MASS BRAWL" it reads like there was hundreds involved,

edit on 30-5-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

I don't hate America but I am sick of the hate that Americans give toward Australia. If you want me to stop than why don't you stop harrassing my country, why don't you leave my government be and quit involving us in your wars, instead of thanking our servicemen you try to BASH THEM!!!????

No no no, you are right. I'll ring up Obama right away and tell him to bring the boys home and send them to their rooms.
Sorry about all the trouble.
I'll be writing personal apologies to all your servicemen, so be sure to check the mail!

Funny when the Americans are confronted with something bad about them they try to brush it off with humour, but if a similiar situation happened in another country they would be all over it...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
Black Americans ARE a bit touchy when some one directs a racial slur towards them, not saying that this may have been what started the fight.

However, IF they were military, regardless of what branch, wouldn't the MP be involved? Or just local police....

Also, IF in the military, what kind of reprimands will they get, if any?

The article never did state WHO was arrested but I'm just assuming the black dudes were over the locals.

Not sure how Aussie military rules work but since both our countries stem from british military rules I would imagine their punishment would be similar.

Yes, "MP"s would be involved. The local police will normally pick up any troublemakers and then, upon discovering their military affiliation, inform the military installation's Constable, Judge Advocates General, Attache, whatever. Then, depending on the Status of Forces Agreement, the military member may be held for a certain period of time awaiting charges. If the local police do not determine there is any need to detain the member they will turn them over to their service branch's "MP"s.

If the local police do determine that there is a need to detain the member, they normally can do so. That member is subject to all local laws. If they end up in jail and cannot report for duty they are also AWOL and will be charged with that, in addition to other charges stemming from the incident" upon their release, whenever that is.

If the member is returned to the military they normally will be punished there for basically making the military branch look stupid. Especially if it ends up in the news. This is normally meted out via "Non-Judiical Punishment". This is where the member stands before the "old man" and gets a verbal beat down and then spends some amount of time in "the brig". This normally is about 45 days, followed by 45 days of "restriction", which is basically house arrest. They may also loose rank and pay.

I am sure that everyone involved in this incident is going to get 45/45/reduction in rank/forfeiture of pay at a minimum. They can also be further punished by courts marshal. This is where it gets serious. They can actually be sent to military prison.

Another thing to note, the member can be charged both locally AND by the military. There is no such thing as "double-jeopardy" when you are in the military. Especially when the punishment is "NON" judicial. So, once they finish their time with the locals, they will then get it handed to them by the military.

Because it has made the news, in short, their careers are over. The "old-man" can simply kick them out, and he probably will. Even if he doesn't the punishment they receive will follow them forever in their records and they will not get promoted beyond the "gimmie" ranks and will eventually fade out.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Actually, we have Marines come up here periodically to do inter-service excercises and they get into more than a few brawls with our boys. You are over-reacting.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I don't hate America but I am sick of the hate that Americans give toward Australia. If you want me to stop than why don't you stop harrassing my country, why don't you leave my government be and quit involving us in your wars, instead of thanking our servicemen you try to BASH THEM!!!????

No no no, you are right. I'll ring up Obama right away and tell him to bring the boys home and send them to their rooms.
I'll be writing personal apologies to all your servicemen, so be sure to check the mail!

Funny when the Americans are confronted with something bad about them they try to brush it off with humour, but if a similiar situation happened in another country they would be all over it...

yes because a nation full of hundreds of millions of people all cry over trivial matters as you are doing now.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I think most Americans know they are heading down into the pits of social degradation. They just don't care, for the most-part.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

First sounds like it was over women

two be glad it wasnt the USMC-
we would steal be cleaning up bodies-

these where air force during non-working hours-
skinny and more on brains then brawn

most... they did was some sparring for the Aussies..(who looked like they were trying not laugh)
they where fighting out of their weight class

It also looks like the women started it.

All smiles and followed the fight... Australian ports are notorious

The fight had nothing to do with gangs-
at most posers- at most-

it is a choice of dress not gang members-
guns would have been pulled-

If I was president the most I would do is punish them for losing
and putting a poor showing at that

No offense Australia should be a little proud at the showing
also, lose the anti american crapola
we have the same mother culturally- Australia is a friend

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Your level of ignorance is astounding. It DOES happen in the US and you know what? No one cares. Not even worth mentioning or even looking at if it happens while you are walking down the street. Aussie ships make port calls in the US all the time and guess what, their sailors are involved in brawls. Aussie military are attached to the Pentagon and guess what, they are involved in brawls. Aussie military are in US military schools every day and, you know where this is going.

The difference is we are not whiny b$ches. Military fight. Just the way it is. Kind of miss it in a way.

My best friend of 20+ years and I met in a fight. After beating each other to a pulp we were laying on the ground attempting to punch one another but where to exhausted to fight more. One of us, not sure which one, said, "crap, lets just go get a beer". That was that. End of story. Best friends for decades after that.

Stop whining about things that don't matter. Like I said before, if you want to discuss the validity of the need for US bases in Australia, I am more than happy to join your side and agree that there is no need for US bases there. However, whining about a couple tough guys bashing a couple other tough buys is silly. Perhaps you need to toughen up? Eh, tough guy?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Brawls happen, especially between men who are trained to fight men. They happen over absolutley stupid crap. This has been going on as long as civilization itself. People belonging to different groups of soldiers are likely to get into fights because there is usually a rivalry going on there. This incident is no different than any of millions throughout history. That is my take on it.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by satoriku

Originally posted by buster2010

So the Americans think they can come into our country and try bashing our servicemen?

They didn't try to bash your servicemen. They did bash your servicemen.

I have to admit those Australian soldiers sure can run good.

When soldiers get bored they fight. When I was in the service we used to start fights all the time but when it was over we didn't call the cops. We just bought each other beers.

Yes that is true, they will normally buy beers afterwards but these American thugs are not men. They are gangsters and I don't think (they all had red colours) could make it any more clearer, do you?

So why are your "football" games segregated? I'm just sayin"...

They're not.

So there is NO crowd segregation between Sydney SC and Melbourne Victory supporters? That's your final answer?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

Yeah, the bodies of the jarhead bullet sponges after they had their asses kicked.

GO NAVY

edit on 30-5-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
C,mon guys. Bros before hoes. Americans and Aussies have a long history of cordial interaction.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Also how does two small groups getting into it constitute a "mass" brawl. When I think of a "mass" incident I imagine that it's on the verge of getting the riot police called in
edit on 30-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono

Originally posted by ripcontrol

I have yet to meet a Marine whose ass I couldn't kick

GO NAVY

... and this is how it probably started...
edit on 5/30/2012 by satoriku because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/30/2012 by satoriku because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by paganini

I will have to say, NOT a nation... A few people... Really I think most of us Australians dont care about this!!!! Please dont use one persons thread as a generalisation to a whole nation. Gees in oz we fight with each other all the time. MMM maybe we're becoming an angry nation. Who knows

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I was making light of your outrageous demands. You act as if ATS controls something, and I find that hilarious.
You can use this as an excuse to hate the U.S. if you want, but it doesn't make any difference to me.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

yes because a nation full of hundreds of millions of people all cry over trivial matters as you are doing now.

So your saying if the Russian/Chinese/Iranian military came into America and bashed up your servicemen, Americans would just sit and be quiet?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono

Your level of ignorance is astounding. It DOES happen in the US and you know what? No one cares. Not even worth mentioning or even looking at if it happens while you are walking down the street. Aussie ships make port calls in the US all the time and guess what, their sailors are involved in brawls. Aussie military are attached to the Pentagon and guess what, they are involved in brawls. Aussie military are in US military schools every day and, you know where this is going.

The difference is we are not whiny b$ches. Military fight. Just the way it is. Kind of miss it in a way.

My best friend of 20+ years and I met in a fight. After beating each other to a pulp we were laying on the ground attempting to punch one another but where to exhausted to fight more. One of us, not sure which one, said, "crap, lets just go get a beer". That was that. End of story. Best friends for decades after that.

Stop whining about things that don't matter. Like I said before, if you want to discuss the validity of the need for US bases in Australia, I am more than happy to join your side and agree that there is no need for US bases there. However, whining about a couple tough guys bashing a couple other tough buys is silly. Perhaps you need to toughen up? Eh, tough guy?

This is the problem of America, you think you can sort all your problems with violence...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

Not for nothing, but I have seen how some Australians and Zelanders treat Aborigines, and it borders racism itself. In America any racial slur will produce such a reaction if the target of the slur is black and the offender is white.

Maybe someone shouldn't have opened his mouth. In America if you run off at the lips, someone might make them lips fatter with a left hook.

Just explaining motivations, but yea....

Go easy.
Not for nothing, but I have seen the way Americans treat blacks they enslave them, rape them, murder them etc.

FYI during the second WW when we still had a white Australia policy, indig weren't allowed to vote etc, Australians were disgusted at the way American services treated the African service men here.
Most of it was suppressed cause of the war but we had a little situation here called the battle of Brisbane where for days there were real brawls between our servicemen, mostly over girls & bull%$#% but another big factor was the way white American service men treated Black servicemen.
It got so bad there were even murders and the African Americans were segregated by US command and forced to stay on the south side of Brisbane river. YOUR MP's even beat and murdered blacks who dared to come north.

So if you want to start that crap bring it mate and FYI Aboriginals in this country are about as racist as you get but that's not very pc of me so I'll be quiet now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join