It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Structure with Pillars, porthole and dome on the top In Hellas Basin.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Link for area on HIRISE

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Nice 235mb file for download and people on here claim NASA doesn't do hi-res

Doesn't look quite the same in high res

Give Google Mars/Moon a rest you only make yourself look silly!

edit on 31-5-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

To make claims on a blurry low resolution photo is absurd, I could suggest anything is on there if I draw enough lines on an image.

Nice post ^

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by wmd_2008

Also that image is the Google Mars image!!

The footer details are at the bottom!!

Are you stupid or think we are stupid??

You can't load the original raw image in a Google overlay... it's the same as the OP image with less zoom!!

This is the worse trolling I have seen! Coming from you WMD! I expected better!

NEXT TIME GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU ACCUSE ANYONE

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Thanks old god star for you !

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It isn't the same as the JP2 download....

Go to location on google mars the overlay is there and you can zoom in, I did a screen capture thats why the co-ordinates were at the bottom of my picture!!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Are you the same wmd_2008 that U2U me some time ago?
What was your promise?

Or you are an idiot that has stolen his account?

I promised if I found out you were mistaken I would post proof SO I did.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

That was YOU making assumptions that I used the JP2 download

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Go to location on google mars the overlay is there and you can zoom in, I did a screen capture thats why the co-ordinates were at the bottom of my picture!!!!!!

My point is not to troll or attack the OP, he/she has the right to post this...my argument is that it is at best, difficult to acknowledge there is a structure there.

Architecture is like that, place it anywhere and it will stand out, distinctly (take the satellite images for example) however when you have land features that have been sitting static for some time, may or may not be covered in material collected over time - it's all speculative.

What I would recommend the OP does is to correlate the image with other images, from different times and create a timeline, this will provide more evidence to support the theory, while not empirical it will at least help to substantiate the claims (one way or the other).

Why should you listen to me? No reason, but I do have over 10 years experience performing analysis (and more recently Forensic Analysis) as well as Data Mining and Analysis (not to mention programming) so I like to approach things methodically.

Hopefully I can assist the OP to clarify his/her points.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
With a picture that blurry, it's easy to higlight whatever you want and call it whatever you want. Until better photos are taken/released, I don't think this is worth the time of day to discuss. It could very well just be rock formations and shadows for all we know.

It is very strange that this "object" was photographed with a point and shoot while running in circles. I think that's more of a story than this blur.

It's not worth discussing yet here you are discussing it.............

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

He said he got the image from google mars he he made his claims re the image, but when I checked the co-ordinates on his picture guess what a direct link to the HIRISE site and an actual overlay on that area I zoomed in took a screen capture and was accused of fabricating it

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Cool image. You can see the shape of the structure and as for the broken "svastika" why not. If there was intelligent life there at one point then such a simple symbol could have been used in some form or another.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Klassified

I'm thinking 100-150 years minimum. I'm also thinking these are the good photos, the quality is just degraded before they're released to the public.

Correct.

Star for you.
All the the images are deliberately degraded, after an heavy scrutiny, before the public release.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

The generally accepted number is 20 years. Military technology usually takes about 20 years to finally trickle into the general society.

It is possible that NASA is hiding something, or it is possible that it's just difficult to get a clear enough signal from Mars to dowload a high def image. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that NASA is still using DOS. Or maybe it's because the HD equipment is too sensitive to be able to make it to Mars.

There are a lot of potential reasons the quality is not that great. It's really not that easy to blast some equipment into space, direct it however many million miles to Mars, park it in orbit and take pictures. HD cameras are sensitive and easily damaged. Heck look at what happens when you drop an IPhone a few feet to the ground (hint: CRACK!).

Something that sensitive and delicate is not really that easy to launch into space on a wing and a prayer that it will properly park itself in orbit.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Your post is so wrong and you dont even know. If you read other posts on the thread you will get links to real hi-res pictures of Mars from places like.

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Assuming these pictures are top down, that "building" must be angled up to the sky at a pretty odd degree...not very level..

As with most of these mars structures, and moon structures....theyre just rocks, and shadows...until we can actually explore the surface of mars, without using those slow and clunky rovers, you should stop wasting your time...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8fl0z
reply to post by Arken

Assuming these pictures are top down, that "building" must be angled up to the sky at a pretty odd degree...not very level..

As with most of these mars structures, and moon structures....theyre just rocks, and shadows...until we can actually explore the surface of mars, without using those slow and clunky rovers, you should stop wasting your time...

There are some rumors of a base of human elites and their workers on Mars; this would certainly account for the trillions unaccounted for that have helped ratchet up our debt to unbelievable levels, they are there to avoid the effects Planet X will have on earth, I advise everyone to buy a telescope and focus it on Mars to check for signs of any activity.

Also, check in the news for vaious elites like Warburgs, Rockefellers, Rothschilds, Bushes, Cheney, Rumsfeld etc and see if they have appeared publically recently or not. If the last public appearance of someone who used to regularly appear publically was six months ago or so or more, it may be time to start worrying.
edit on 31-5-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken clearly phage showed you that your picture is manipulated by poor resolution. The one he posted has better resolution then yours and you see NOTHING! Would you care to take phage's picture and point out where the structure is in that one? I mean if it's in one picture it's in ALL of them. Also the face on mars has been PROVEN to be poor resolution, come on people get some common sense and quick grasping at straws, it's pathetic.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Exactly right old god, get more pictures and show us a bit more evidence to support the claim. If it's been doctored to hide it, there will be inconsistent data, if it hasn't (which is 99/100 the case) then we just have another grainy photo.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The "Big" Phage he has not discredited absolutely nothing.

I am going to have to agree with this statement. I think. The absolute nothingness has not been discredited and most likely never will be. Anyway, can you point out where the structure is in Phage's picture? I am trying to determine if there is absolutely nothing there.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Honestly I am definitely one of the few posters on ATS that fully believes in a wider universe and a little more open to what you cant see....therefore posts like this get me very excited a base on mars....im sure of it! is this picture of one though? I really dont think so.....lets be honest here that picture is horrible. I cant tell anything about anything in that picture....as far as proof goes this is far from it...but it is fun to speculate.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here we go again.

It's a rock! People are wanting to see something and are using that fact that it has a geometric shape to do so.

It is rock.

It is rock.

It is rock.

Have a nice day.

Oh come on, I may be right, it might be a rock, because it is a rock.

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
How is this not just rocks? Did the martians take classes on not making buildings square? There's nothing in this picture that doesn't look natural. Sorry cloud effect 100% here. Really lets think before we hope.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join