It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Structure with Pillars, porthole and dome on the top In Hellas Basin.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFO1414
Oh Arken, I knew this was going to be you.

Anyways, from your pics I do not see anything of concrete structure and Phage's post discredits your theory all together.

You have a great following here. Your threads, IMO, are based purely on smoke and mirrors and are the Wizard of Oz of ATS.

Don't get me wrong, I like your threads, but on a pure entertainment level.

Thx for your opinion.

The "Big" Phage he has not discredited absolutely nothing. His image, is the same image seen from above.
The image that I have inserted, instead, is absolutely coherent with the surrounding land and the slope.

I have many followers? No. Only 3 or 4 friends. The last survivors, like me.

The other people, more smart and skilled than me, like, Zorgon, Mikesingh, Easynow, RUSSO, Exuberant1, watchZEITGEISTnow, Internos, and many other, are banned or they have abandoned ATS deliberately.

They have left the foxes guarding the henhouse...

"And Then There Were None..."

Very strange things on ATS, lately.

edit on 31-5-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Good eye OP. Ive been studying images of planetary bodies for about 6 years now, and it wasnt until just last year that ive realized that 95% of all anomalies in any planetary image turn out to be pipes or tubes of differing sizes and shapes disguised with a combination of a blur tool, fake shadows, fake bright washed out spots, and also a tool that takes away depth in the image, making everything 2-dimensional, which totally screws with your depth perception. I know it sounds crazy butits like looking at one of those seeing-eye posters, when you learn how to adjust your perception the "pipelines" jump out all over the place. I can almost always point out at least 2-3 tubes or pipe like objects on ANY image of Mars or the moon (including the one you posted), and even a few more places like Iapetus. If i hadnt just joined today and knew how to post everything (not sure if i need flashplayer for anything i cant d/l it on my mobile) then i would prove it i could describe where to look, but i know from experience that gets tedious fast. But the objects at the top of your image dont look much like pipes, with the possible exception of the rim of the bottom part of the structure looking sort of like a rectangular tube pointing with the opening off to the left. So, if you are able to, always take a second look at things you think look like structures and saucers and whatnot, and take time to recognize the camoflauge and how its effecting what youre looking at. S&F

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

His image, is the same image seen from above.

Yes it is the same image. It's the same image used on Google Mars. It is taken from almost directly above (about 1 or 2 degrees from vertical).

You have been shown repeatedly that Google distorts the original images to make them fit an elevation map. This doesn't always work well. Google Mars (and Moon, and Earth) images are not that useful for "research".
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a8e90bf2c17.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Even from above, the pillars, the portholes and the dome are still there.

Make your own duty... Fox.
I will make mine.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Ive been looking at this image now for the past 2 hours - (I obviously have too much time on my hands at the moment)

I think the area you pointed out is interesting, there are soome odd shapes but it's so hard to tell. I downloaded the JP2 version but it really isn't much better for viewing...

I also found a couple area's around the object or formation you pointed you - within about 1 km on the side of the ridge wall.

I will come back on later and upload the photo's a post them in this thread...

oh btw thanks for pointing out Hellas Basin/Planatita - It was lots of natural formations and odd features which I want to look at more closely later on.

One image I came across at the deepest part of the basin was what seems like clouds or if not clouds then maybe a dust storm. When I first saw it though it really reminded my of clouds or think fog/haze.

Also remember this is a HiRise image, if someone tells me it's just low resolution then that would have to be the worst quality HiRise image I have ever seen.

There is also another area no where near the first image with similiar haze, cloud or dust...?

hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

With the image above I have also included the wide range CTX image which has the haze covering a much larger area.

I then went and looked at the MOC images of the same area or parts of and there is much more detail than the HiRise images as they were taken at different dates....

Just dust or clouds!?

CTX:

viewer.mars.asu.edu...

MOC: (smaller area/strip) - I can actually see ground detail in this image -

www.msss.com...

edit on 31-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Good fine. Although it seems to be not very clear.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonraker22
reply to post by Arken

Good eye OP. Ive been studying images of planetary bodies for about 6 years now, and it wasnt until just last year that ive realized that 95% of all anomalies in any planetary image turn out to be pipes or tubes of differing sizes and shapes disguised with a combination of a blur tool, fake shadows, fake bright washed out spots, and also a tool that takes away depth in the image, making everything 2-dimensional, which totally screws with your depth perception. I know it sounds crazy butits like looking at one of those seeing-eye posters, when you learn how to adjust your perception the "pipelines" jump out all over the place. I can almost always point out at least 2-3 tubes or pipe like objects on ANY image of Mars or the moon (including the one you posted), and even a few more places like Iapetus. If i hadnt just joined today and knew how to post everything (not sure if i need flashplayer for anything i cant d/l it on my mobile) then i would prove it i could describe where to look, but i know from experience that gets tedious fast. But the objects at the top of your image dont look much like pipes, with the possible exception of the rim of the bottom part of the structure looking sort of like a rectangular tube pointing with the opening off to the left. So, if you are able to, always take a second look at things you think look like structures and saucers and whatnot, and take time to recognize the camoflauge and how its effecting what youre looking at. S&F

Thank you very much for you effort.
And welcome on ATS.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I will say that I think the dome may be a bit of a stretch but the pillars and porthole/window looks interesting - just to the left there is some other details - as I said I will post them later on after cropping etc.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Dust storms.
PSP_004326_1525: 29 June 2007
www.msss.com...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Hellas Basin is a riddle also for the NASA/JPL boffins.
And have clouds and atmosphere.
Thank you very much. I appreciate your effort.
Stars.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hi Arken good find ,the dome on top reminds me of the glass domes that are supposed to be on the moon,and I agree with what others are saying about image quality with all todays modern technology how can we still be getting grainy pics ,I thought about something the other day, even the vid feed from sts missions is sometimes poor how can that be when there is no atmosphere in space ,I am sure that the live feed is distorted when entering earths atmosphere but what about the astronauts taking hand held footage storing it on a flash drive and bringing it back to earth surely those images are crystal clear ,I would be interested to see what that footage is like after it has been filtered through the official channels ,I can take a guess and say that it would be grainy too...And another thing don't stress about foxes in hen houses sooner or later the farmer turns up with his shotgun
,anyway I am with you my friend all is not lost on ATS.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken]

Wide Area

edit on 30-5-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

The wide area reveals a bunch of symmetric structures in the base of the cliff, that look intelligent-made. Nice one OP.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
D. post.
edit on 5/31/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I ran across the whole area and didn't find the same structures spotted by the OP. I entered the same coordinates
28°53'03.20''S, 67°10'10.92''E but I didn't find the dome structure. Though I spotted this:

It looks A LOT like a perfect square building. Probably VERY worn, but we still can see the perfect shape. Perhaps it's a monolith and it has a protuberance coming out of the front side. I'm having a hard time thinking that it's a mountain, because there's absolutely NO similar relief feature around.

edit on 5/31/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I took a look as well,

Nothing new, at least 50 years old

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

lol it's abit tricky to find!! I spent a few hours looking for it and perusing the area...

The actual co-ordinates are:

28°53'3.13"S 67°10'11.81"E - And you should be facing South Westerly approx (North in the 5 o'clock position.)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Interesting monolith with a long shadow....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

And another thing don't stress about foxes in hen houses sooner or later the farmer turns up with his shotgun ,anyway I am with you my friend all is not lost on ATS.

I hope, my friend, I really hope.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Originally posted by dashdespatch
looks like a big blur to me

Keep looking

Putting a "
" at the end of a sentence doesn't make it funny.

It does when we are seeing yet another over zoomed Google mars picture?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah it seems that the "cloudy" and dusty images were taken around the time of the large dust storms in 2007..

You always come along to spoil the party phage!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join