It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Structure with Pillars, porthole and dome on the top In Hellas Basin.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
A very interesting picture, indeed. However, after finding it and studying it myself, I have to say I don't buy it. For starters, location. The structure in question is smack dab on the side of an enormous cliff. Secondly, if this was a building, then it was carved in the existing rock. Nothing points to materials being imported for construction as far as coloration, value (as in light/dark), or anything. Third, if It was constructed by intelligent beings, why aren't there any additional structures? Surely if a civilization was thriving there, we'd see more than just a museum, or colliseum, or whatever. Why no surrounding structures, like libraries or whatever you might find in such a center of intelligent life? I see no trace of homes, roads, waterways, ditches, or land formed for farming. I want to see evidence of life on Mars, too. I just can't convince myself on this one.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is pretty neat.
I think there are some structures on Mars and some on the moon.
Some could be in use?

Out of the 1000s upon 1000s of photos NASA takes of Mars,they always give us the crappy ones or they are photoshoped to be blured,distort them,change the color,etc.
What do they do with the other 1000s of the photos they don't show us?

Be nice if was not so spendy to send probes there?
Be cool if we had our own sattlelite and it was not goverment owned to take photos for us?

S&F

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MollyMN
This is pretty neat.
Some could be in use?

Out of the 1000s upon 1000s of photos NASA takes of Mars,they always give us the crappy ones or they are photoshoped to be blured,distort them,change the color,etc.

Be cool if we had our own sattlelite and it was not goverment owned to take photos for us?

S&F

That could be of course because you and others don't have a clue were to look!!!

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Hope you have unlimited broadband

edit on 31-5-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I cannot nor will not believe these are the best and clearest photos NASA has.

Their technology is at minimum 50 more years in advance than what we're aware of so by them not producing cleared photos of Mars and the Moon it's almost their way of guaranteeing us they're hiding something!

Looks like we have to wait until a less agenda-driven country captures better photos for the world to see because America won't give it up because they heavily rely on the Vatican for decisions and direction.

You put your finger into a Wasp Nest, my friend....

Come on you guys prefer the blurry zoooooomed in Google Mars pics because you can join up your imaginary dots and colour in
:

If that wasn't true you would use the images from here

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Happy downloading!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MollyMN
This is pretty neat.
Some could be in use?

S&F

Thanks.

We must have confidence and patience. We must search and search, in spite the images are heavy altered before the release and at a distance of years from their acquisition. Those who manipulate and alter them, at the end, they are human beings and they can commit errors...

Their "minions" are here on ATS right to disprove their errors. It's their duty.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken
[more

Tut tut Arken no comment on the link to the hirise site I think that shows the real agenda behind all the Google Mars/Moon threads you and others start on here.

You claim you can only find bad images you and others have been given links to hirise and the LRO image sites but those images are to good for joining dots and colouring in

So lets see one of you anomalies on hirise/LRO they must have imaged one of your Google Mars/Moon pics?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

edit on 31-5-2012 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by dashdespatch

Do you really think that we are the only ones that are capable of this? thats why its a blur.

From your link

In this case, the researchers use the device to cloak a bump one micrometre (one thousandth of a millimetre) high

Did read the whole article

Its a blur because its zoooomed in to much!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I can sort of make it out, you would sort of think that anything left on the surface of mars, would eventually begin to get buried by the dust and other fine particles, making underlying objects harder and harder to find. Is very weird that the Gov keeps the best pics, to scared to stir the masses from there 10,000 year coma

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by GLontra

If you use Google Earth, you can clearly recognize the cars in the parking lot of the headquarters of Google Inc in California. The pictures, in color, were taken by satellites in orbit of Earth.

No. If you can clearly see cars you are looking at aerial photographs.

The resolution of satellite imagery (of Earth) provided to the public is limited to 50cm by the DoD. The same resolution seen in the image above. There are both lunar images and images of Mars of much better resolution than that.

You may want to have a look here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/30/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Hey Phage, why did you said in that thread that picture was the BEST resolution of a satellite image from Rio de Janeiro?

Here is exacty the same place in Rio de Janeiro, viewed in satellite images from Google Maps, with a much better resolution:

http:// maps.google.com/maps ?ll=-22.899879,-43.176084& spn=0.000974,0.001206&t=k&z=20

(copy, paste, and eliminate the blank spaces)

You should stop trying to fool us...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Ah! Google Mars and Google Moon? For Chrissake please don't use these to look for anomalies!

That's the surest way to make oneself look dumb!!

Of course you can always use Google to check out why this is the most inaccurate method for anomaly hunting whether on the Moon, Mars, or even Earth!

Duh!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by Arken

How do you know they have been degraded? do you have any evidence or are you just guessing

its logic that if there are sensitive photos taken the actuals will not be released to general public especially if a concern with EA*RTH security is @ hand. So it makes sense that the images are degraded yes?

Ophiuchus that is far from any kind of evidence and you know it. Don't let the praise from author of this thread get to your head too much. The location in reference by the thread starter doesn't look out of the ordinary. The addition of a supposed "broken swastika" is a nice touch though. Even with the elementary outline sketched over the photos I just don't see this as plausible.

The human brain is specifically geared towards recognizing certain shapes and outlines, However it can also lead us see things that aren't actually there. I personally don't see anything but martian landscape in those pictures, but to each his own. I highly doubt NASA would even release doctored images of an unnatural martian object.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

How exactly would disclosure cuase them to "lose control"? You think we're all going to be offered free space sbip rides off planet or something? Normal everyday life wouldn't really change. Still have to go to work and pay taxes and buy groceries and fill the ford up with gas on the way to walmart. That is just wishful thinking.

By the way if you read the bible Adam and Eve is a story, not a documentary written in real time. Nobody is going to argue they were real people, it says so right before Genesis begins.

Also you forgot to blame something on the Jews.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It might be something, but i really don't think it is. We will learn a lot more about mars when we get better telescopes or a manned mission to mars.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Thats from an aircraft

"The Google Librarian Central site has up a piece by Mark Aubin, a Software Engineer who works on Google Earth. Aubin explains some of the process behind capturing satellite imagery for use with the product. 'Most people are surprised to learn that we have more than one source for our imagery. We collect it via airplane and satellite, but also just about any way you can imagine getting a camera above the Earth's surface: hot air balloons, model airplanes - even kites. The traditional aerial survey involves mounting a special gyroscopic, stabilized camera in the belly of an airplane and flying it at an elevation of between 15,000 feet and 30,000 feet, depending on the resolution of imagery you're interested in. As the plane takes a predefined route over the desired area, it forms a series of parallel lines with about 40 percent overlap between lines and 60 percent overlap in the direction of flight. This overlap of images is what provides us with enough detail to remove distortions caused by the varying shape of the Earth's surface.'

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Almost certainly is just a structure of rocks, to be honest.

This reminds me of the "base on Mars" thread. Alternative 3's Base on Mars Discovered?

People were certain there was no way such perfectly shaped "structures" could be anything but man (or alien) made. Once seen from another angle, it was clear it was just a structure of rocks after all. The problem with these photos is we don't get enough perspective to make a good analysis.

Also, many of these photos DO have a better version - people just don't want to be bothered with trying to find them. As with the case with the Mars base thread. Someone did take the effort to find the better picture that NASA had publicly available, and presto.. it was just an illusion. Which is what I imagine this is as well.

Try to find a dome on Earth where we built one side more bulbous than the rest of the structure. People don't take a good look at these - it's vaguely dome-like, so clearly it's an alien structure, right? Like the "pyramid." If you took a good look at the Mars pyramid, you could see it was either created by the worst architects in the galaxy, or it really wasn't a pyramid. Once again, when the publicly available better photos were dug up, sure enough.. just an interesting looking mountain.
edit on 31-5-2012 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by adam76

^^ This

As always I want to believe that there is something here but shadows can play tricks on our eyes and we are always trying to see things that are familiar to us. Its called matrixing. This photo seems very interesting but some of the things I really don't see in the original photo.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by Human_Alien

How exactly would disclosure cuase them to "lose control"? You think we're all going to be offered free space sbip rides off planet or something? Normal everyday life wouldn't really change. Still have to go to work and pay taxes and buy groceries and fill the ford up with gas on the way to walmart. That is just wishful thinking.

Are you serious?
If we knew there's something/ someone MORE powerful than our government (who currently holds ALL the power) you don't think people's prospective won't change?
I know mine has and it's still very frustrating knowing what I know but yet, surrendering superficial power over to superficiality. One irrefutable mass sighting will change that in a heart beat.

By the way if you read the bible Adam and Eve is a story, not a documentary written in real time. Nobody is going to argue they were real people, it says so right before Genesis begins.

Also you forgot to blame something on the Jews.

Nope. Never read that novel. Had no desire to. Being brought up Catholic helped in that decision

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I really, really hope tha ATS Moderators delete your post very very soon.... otherwise now you will see…

I'm pissed off of this arrogance, rudeness, and offensive words.

Is insane that smart people like "Zorgon are banned" and those like you are still here!!!

edit on 31-5-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join