It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics of newborn fawn and doe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I had a very quiet Memorial day and spent most of the time playing with our new puppy and watching a pair of bluebirds building a nest in our birdhouse.
Returning from an errand I ran in to these guys in the front yard of the house next door. I could tell the fawn was at most a day or two old by the wobbly legs.
I was lucky to have the camera with me and thought I would share a couple of pics with those who might be interested. I wanted to stay longer and take more but the doe had jumped a fence and I knew I had to move or so she could return to her fawn and find another path to the woods behind our house.

Ok, I better throw in a puppy pic as well.-

edit on 29-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

edit on 5-29-12 by paradox because: nevermind!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

love your pics, its so nice to be reminded of the true beauty of nature, its so easy to forget the little things that make us smile. thank you, these pics just cheered me up!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Wow, that doe must feel safe with humans, to have her fawn so close to that house.

That little guy is much smaller than I thought, next to his mom.
Baby animals are just the cutest things...thanks for posting this.

And, of course.....puppies....can't get enough of puppy pictures.....they outgrow puppiness so fast.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
how randomly odd!

this weekend, my roommate and i were in the house and heard our dogs barking like crazy, going nuts at our fence. look out the window to see what's on the other side of the fence...what do we find? a fawn (i guess?). no idea where the mama was??? our house backs up to some woods so we hope that it found mama soon. it cried out loud a couple times. adorable and sweet but kinda sad (not sure if it found mama???).

here's a couple pics of our encounter.

the baby trotted right up to us at one point (pic of fawn and roommate)

here's our dogs
mine a blue heeler

she has a pit bull

edit on 5/29/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That's a great photo of the Doe and Fawn, but what's that looking out of the window in the second picture?

edit on 29-5-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Thanks! With all the doom and gloom we keep hearing just a little time spent watching nature reminds me that life goes on as normal outside of human world.
It's easy to get too caught up in the affairs of man and forget all the blessings right outside our doors.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Nobody lives in that house although we do have some pretty tame deer around here. Does with newborn fawns is not the time to test the limits however and as much as I would love to follow and watch they need their privacy to feel safe.
This is my first puppy ever. I had a dog when I was a young kid but have had nothing but cats until 2 weeks ago. I just never had the right situation before to have a dog and feel able to meet the responsibility that comes with it.
This guy is gold, he doesn't bark, chew up random items you don't want him to, has learned to sit, stay, heel, leave (drop what's in his mouth) and follows voice commands off the leash. Nobody worked with training him before either, he's a shelter dog but just incredibly smart and eager to please. I couldn't be happier, nor could my wife who has been dying to get a dog for 15 years!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Not very odd, does drop their fawns this time of year and no other season. Thanks for adding your pics to the thread - your fawn might be 2 weeks old at most. I hope the mother was alright, orphans that age won't survive. Very unusual that it would approach you - an act of desperation possibly though it appears healthy and well fed.
What part of the country are you in? Curious to know if deer have their babies earlier or later depending on the area.

ETA - Nm, I see you're in Ga, that makes sense they might have their young a little earlier than in Virginia.

edit on 29-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is awesome!!
thanks for putting these up

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

In the window is a ceramic piece of some kind.
Nobody lives there at the moment.
You been watching a few horror movies lately?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing. I often go out hunting with the camera instead of my gun. Always nice to get up close and personal.....

Here are a few I have taken...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Nice passel of bucks you have there.
Looks like Texas to me.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Nice passel of bucks you have there.
Looks like Texas to me.

Yea that was last year after a huge drought. We didn't have rain for almost 9 months. They looked pretty bad and were lacking mass both in antlers and body. That was in Texas. These are from out West.

View from the front of the house where the pics were taken....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I was afraid when I opened this thread that it would be pictures of a disfigured pair or something sad like that. Boy was I greatly relieved when I saw that my initial thoughts couldn't have been farther from the truth!

Thanks for the pictures, everybody. They've been a nice change from all of the sad things that are usually on here.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Wow now that is an amazing picture! It's amazing how close you were able to get to the doe. I've seen a mama attack someone who got to close once. S & F

But the dog takes the cake, he/she is beautiful. What breed is it?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Its another one of them awwwww moments. Precious.

and girl, that is one big puppy you got there. By the size of his paws he's gonna top out at about 75 lbs or better.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

You can see mama's hair up on her rear bristling with anxiety. Her stance is pretty aggressive too. I would never close a distance with a wild animal that wasn't willing to allow it. I take a hands off approach with wildlife thesle days but I'll have to confess to having a lot of fun catching snakes when I was younger. Catching copperheads with your bare hands wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done.

As for the dog he's a Purebred American mutt - retreiver/lab mix but I wonder if there isn't a bit of pit given his wide muzzle (hence the name "Muggles", see Harry Potter reference for meaning #2). Extremely gentle animal and a great companion for me since I'm home all day. He hangs on me like an Alabama tick everyplace I go and sleeps under my chair.
The people at the Humane Society said he'd get up to about 75lbs as an adult.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

thats the view from your house? omg. im so jealous

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What an awesome thread! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics everyone!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join