It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've had a few people tell me mine's a bat, no specifics though.

Reason for their answer was the time I ended up getting extremely ill when I was in college. At the same time our colony of bats that inhabited my mom's house back home ended up dying off. When I returned home they started reappearing.

I think it's all a coincidence but my uncle, his friends, and this acquaintance of mine all agreed it was due to a spiritual bond with them.

I'm pretty sure they were just joshing me.

Though it did hurt me to find out they were all dead when I came home from college.

edit on 29-5-2012 by Chimney because: c button on keyboard not working

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Can you please explain how the hell I'm supposed to know such thing, aside from doing a peyote trip through the desert in southwestern US??? If that's the case, then sorry, the DHS karma police makes sure that I can't cross the border!

That's what bugs me the most with all of you, new agers... assuming that we should so easily get to know such arcade knowledge, or else we're not on the right path to "elevation", or some other elite spiritual caste.

I elevate my finger to you, all, elitists...
Agnosticism rules!
edit on 29/5/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
My spirit animal is a turtle

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chimney

Bat flying into your life signifies that transformation of the ego self is about to occur, the end of a way of life and the start of another. This transition can be very frightening for many, even just to think about. But you will not grow spiritually until you let go these old parts of you that are NOT NEEDED. Facing the darkness before you will help you find the light in rebirth. The bat gives you the wisdom required to make the appropriate changes for the birthing of your new identity.

Taken from:
bat-power-animal-symbol-of-rebirth

Sounds about right, check the link!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Can you please explain how the hell I'm supposed to know such thing, aside from doing a peyote trip through the desert in southwestern US??? If that's the case, then sorry, the DHS karma police makes sure that I can't cross the border!

That's what bugs me the most with all of you, new agers... assuming that we should so easily get to know such arcade knowledge, or else we're not on the right path to "elevation", or some other elite spiritual caste.

Agnosticism rules!

Why do I get the feeling if I were to tell you to go meditate you would stick your middle finger up again and send me two just for good measure...lol
I wouldn't consider myself a new ager, but that's just my view of myself. I suppose others might.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have read that when you have a dream with an animal in it, that animal is your spirit guide and I've had two lucid dreams with animals making a obvious appearance: one was a tiger and the other was snakes (the main one maybe being a big white/albino constrictor of some sort). However, in real life I seem to attract all manner of flying animals, especially insects. I have accidentally caught flies and bees between my fingers when I was just walking with my arms at my sides normally. I really do not like flying/jumping bugs, so I'm not too happy about this.. I think it makes sense though because of my attraction to underworldish themes. "Flies and the un-dead go together like bullets and guns." - "Edgar Frog" The Lost Boys

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I most closely associate with the white owl I'm drawn to this bird for some reason i also meditated one time for a spirit guide and what i saw was a white owl with a human face i have no idea what that means but it was weird im also a Scorpio..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Oh wow! That's incredibly odd given the fat that the period of time I was in (college transition, ect) ended up with me going through a grieving period and resulting in me finding a new way to life.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The Owl.

...seen as a fierce animal in most cultures. That's about all I feel that I can share.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have Crow as my Pagan guide (love Crows very special creatures) and grey Timber Wolf (with blue eyes) ... I have pastlife memories of a Blackfoot lifetime and I think she comes from that time and influence.

Woody

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
probably one of these, if i was into such quackery

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I know a few Ravens though I do also know that during my Dreamwalk at 17 I was in many forms and have taken many forms my whole life. I understand a feeling of closeness with one though I have many spirits who wish to protect me. I cannot narrow animals.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My spirit animal is either the white tiger, or a Lion.

Why do I believe these two to be my Spirit Animal? Well, one night I woke up out of a sleep and glanced over to the wall. I don't know if it was my senses just playing with my head, but I stared for a good 10-20 seconds at a white tiger (or lion) just sitting there. I couldn't believe it so I turned my head the other way and back again, and it was still just sitting there.

I took it as a sign and went back to sleep.

A few months later, I had a dream that I was on this long line, and finally my turn came. I approached this long table and on the other side was a man that resembled Ghandi, just a bit taller. He was probably about 6'4-5. Red-Brown skinned. He was either of indian descent or Native descent. He looked at me and said: "The Tribe of Judah.... you are Judah's son"

I mean that dream was so vivid, and right after he said that I got this overwhelming emotion. A feeling of peace and then I woke up. After that, I did some research on Judah, etc.

Now I was thinking when someone calls you a "Son of" something, that means you represent the principles of that nation and they look at you as the symbol, the representative of that nation. So when I heard 'Judah's Son' I automatically thought the symbol of something.

So I look up the symbol for the Tribe of Judah (with no prior knowledge of what symbol they used) and it was the Lion.

So, yeah. That is why I believe that the Lion is my Spirit animal (more so than tiger). Or maybe the dream was just confirming that maybe I am a descendant of the Ancient Tribe of Judah.

*Shrug & heads back to Spurs game*

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Golden doodle, and honey badger

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Agnosticism rules!

I would say you had either the Tasmanian Devil or Badger !!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Mine was a bunny, but it got ran over by a Dodge Spirit, so.......

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

S&F Thank you for being brave enough to share your Spirit Animal experience with us.

I most definitely believe in spirit animal guides or "power" animals (allies that come in animal forms).

I don't have any Native American blood, but I don't think that's necessary.

I have three different "power" animals. All are carnivores. One was especially mysterious to me, until I found out it had a place in Celtic mythology. ( I have some Irish blood, but mostly Anglo-Saxon.)

Mostly I see them in dreams. They speak to me -- they're messengers & protectors.

Sometimes I assume the animal form myself in my dreams (a form of shapeshifting).

It's a fascinating phenomenon.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
"Hook" by Walter Van Tilberg Clark was a short story that always made me feel close to Hawks. I also owned one as a child long before reading his materpiece about Hook the hawk. My hawk adamus, came to me and my family by chance. He was a sparrow hawk, unlike hook who I believe was a red tailed hawk which is much larger.

Anyway, Adamus landed on my father's head out in the front of our home back in 1979. When he did, i believed my father was some sort of god. Then, we realized that he had a clip on his leg that proved he was trained and was someone's pet. Being the good people that my folks were, they made us put a statement in the newspaper that read "hawk found", that included our Phone number. I remember being so angry at my parents for doing that. After all, we found him so that made him ours right? Well, so I foolishly believed.

Anyway, my father built a home for him above our deck in the backyard. He took a 4x4 and cut a hole for it within the deck. It was about 25 feet high or so. Then, he placed a wooden box that he built on top of the pole. My father was great when working with wood. Adamus immediately made it his home. I am sure the raw steak and chiken gizzerds helped him feel at home at make his decision. Everyday i would come home from school and run up our back slope, that led to rolling hills beyond with various wildlife, and I would yell to Audamus and then run down the hill and he would try to land on my head while I ran down. He could hurt you, but he never meant to.

So luckily, nobody ever claimed him, even though my folks left the classified ad in the lost and found section of the newspaper for 1 month. ThinkIng about where we lived in Northern California, he could have flown for hundreds of miles because there is so much open space in Nor Cal. Plus, Sparrow hawks are native to California as well as many states here in America. Which brings up the fact that Adamus found a female sparrow hawk as a lover beyond our backyard out in the hills. She never became tame, even after watching us feed Adamus. I am glad that she did not looking back now.

The happiness that this smaller bird of prey brought to me and my family I can never put into words. Eventually I could run down that same hill and hold up a star wars or GI Joe figure for him and he would take it right out of my fingers. We learned early on use thin leather gloves for the hands and thick leather gloves for the forearms. Now, the fate of one of the greatest friends I ever had as a child has to be told.

One day, I came home from school to see my father digging a hole while crying. There was a vans shoe box, mine actually, sitting to the side. He said to me son, Adamus is gone, the cats killed him. I am sorry. Well, he was sobbing like I never seen. My father loved that hawk maybe more than I did, I dunno. What happened was Atamus let his guard down while walking around our slope. Two of my cats, Rocky and Peaches flanked him and then dragged Atamus under our deck where they had their way with his corpse.

All i can say is that I was devastated to say the least, but I noticed how bad my Father was upset. Then he told me that while he was building the fence, he witnessed Atamus's murder. He actually had to witness both of our cats devour our pet hawk under the deck. My father could not fit under the deck and could only jump on top of it and spray a hose underneath it. However, it was far too late, Atamus was gone.

Finally, Until this day I have no idea what happened to my Cat Rocky, he never came back. Peaches came back the next morning. I think my Father ran them off after watching Atamus die, and he loved those cats. He loved all animals. That is the Atamus story. My point? I feel close to hawks, and if you enjoyed my story, then you will love the story about Hook the japanese red tailed hawk. Best wishes my friends. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I think mine is a squirrel. However, that could be just my animal archetype. Maybe it's both every time. Not too sure..

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I have no idea, but I have a guess.
It's probably a grizzle bear. I have a lot of characteristics of that animal.
For example, I'm a hairy man who like his sleep and food, and if you mess with my family I'll tear your limps off.

Pretty close if you ask me.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join