It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Long story short mine I believe is jaguar which follows on from a dream I had in which a jaguar both spoke to me and gave me it's medicine in a pouch. I have always as so many others been fascinated with jaguars, but this came at a time where my fascination had been somewhat forgotten. If i find time later I will tell my dream.

www.shamanicjourney.com...

I also had a profound dream only days ago featuring what was projected at me as the great crocodile(alligator) of time. Just now reading on alligator totem and it makes sense in relation to the dream. I do however feel the alligator came as a messenger rather than a lifetime totem.
www.linsdomain.com...

Lovely topic

edit on 29/5/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Not too sure what it means, but I think mines a grey wolf. I mean that's about all I dream about. Would love to find out more about it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by irontoad30

I truly think that we come into the world with a full totem of animals. Some of them are more outspoken or are closer to us then the others.

For me, the Owl and Hawk are most noticeable, but I also know that that I carry Dolphin, Horse and Hummingbird....

Owls lead my way. They have sacrificed themselves for me, and I honor one that I buried on my east gate.

I wonder about another which is the bear. Here is a dream I had if anyone can tell me what it means:

Im at a zoo with my family, however it appears to be nowhere familiar. I notice that we are walking near the bear dens and my insticts sharpen very quickly, almost as if I new of an outcome ahead of time. My hands began to shake.
The brown bears walked out into the open from an underground arena of some kind, with their trainers. Their behavior appeared to be as if they were starving and they were about to perform for food. I noticed the the fence was not so high, maybe 5-8 feet which worried me. So I spoke to my family about walking away from this exhibit. For some reason we walked straight into the arena where they came from. It was in the ground, cold, dark and damp, just like a cave.
The dream changed and I was alone in a cave, but I saw a light at the end so I knew where the exit was. Next thing I thought was Oh #, I am on my period....and I began to have a panic attack. I felt as if I was being hunted, and I was.
Out from nowhere the great bear lept on to me and dug its large teeth into my neck and took me down. I felt the pain, I felt the blood, I felt my heart beat inside my mouth. I thought of my children being motherless and began to cry. Then suddenly I began to fade, I KNEW I WAS DYING. The despair left me completely, and blackness surrounded me.
Within an instant I felt something, A ROAR WITHIN! My heart beat came back to life as I heard a shot. I felt powerful and no longer scared. I have been given a gift. I heard an alien voice say to me "Now follow the path of the BEAR."
The room filled with bright light, and I felt the weight of the bear lift off of me. Medics rushed in to stop the bleeding from my neck. And I noticed a man in the background with a large rifle. He smiled at me and walked out with the bears body. I watched the limp bear be taken away and felt as if the bear was inside of me somehow, wild & lost, but finally at home.
I went to feel my neck where it bit into me and there was a tooth that had broken off inside my jugular vein, left there I was told to keep me from bleeding out. The medics said to never take out the tooth, and to keep it as a reminder of the day I died and was reborn from a bear.

Blessings
edit on 29-5-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What I've learnt in the past is that my spirit guide is a Weaver bird. And that she is awesome.
Unfortunately, I am unable to specify much more about her at the time, I haven't seen her or heard from her in a loooooong long time.. I miss her..

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I could say something cool like a wolf, but it's probably a slug or something.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I had a dream of a young bear and it said they older bears don't like it when us young bears talk to you humans and it is forbidden, I could see all the elder bears coming down the rocky cliff and they talked to the young bear and killed him and they told me to leave. This dream was a few years ago and it so clear in my mind to this day and I wonder what they said to that young bear. The bear sounds right to me and I have met few up close and never have I felt threatened.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Same here pal, I've never really met many dogs that didn't like me. They might not have at first due to lack of knowing me, and being protective dogs, etc. I just pet them, and soothe them from my touch. I let all dogs know that I will protect them forever, as long as they protect & mind me. I play with two Pitbull's that my neighbor owns, and have owned several dogs in 20 years. They all love me. I would most definitely have to say my animal spirit is the dog.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Jack Rabbit
Red Fox

they came to me when I was alone in the woods. The fox was probably just a beggar--I think he got used to humans feeding him, but he came up and layed down at my camp for about 5 min. We talked. He left.

The jackrabbit visited me while i was resting during a mountain bike outting. He hopped out of the bushes, sniffed my shoes, and hopped a circle around me and my bike. Then back off into the bush. It was a baby jack rabbit. he even circumambulated in a sunwize direction--so I knew not to just blow it off......

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A black horse with a "no nonsense" look in its eyes.
2nd.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Raven and white wolf. If I see ravens/crows, it's usually to impart a warning or some vital info. I see white wolf in my meditations.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I truly believe mine is a raccoon. Although I have had several animals appear to me throughout my life with many spiritual messages. I always seem to run across the raccoon most. God has placed him in my path and I have written a few poems about him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Raccoon Haiku

There is a raccoon.
He's always there to guide me.
So I follow him.

Raccoon Totem

I saw a raccoon as the earth blocked out the moon.
He came and sat next to me as the eclipse would be soon.
He and I looked at each other as one would a brother.
Reflection in his eyes said we truly knew the other.
As I moved he walked away as if he wanted me to stay.
To view the beauty of the moon on that particular day.

We eventually met again this raccoon and human.
It was when I saw him sleeping inside of a trash can.
Peacefully within his confines of abandon.
Living on the bottom of life in frustration.
I saw you there then and you saw me.
I knew it was then good friends we would be.

We passed not long ago as I drove by and spotted you.
You were looking about, just as you always do.
What is it I feel that is of such importance,
As if you have something to say, of significant relevance!
Where do you want me to go and what are you trying to say?
Wherever it is I hope it's not too far away!

I will look for you though throughout my whole life.
Balancing as best we can on the edge of a knife.

Raccoon Alliteration

Ravenous raccoons reflexively rip rotten rolls,
routing refuse, recycling rabbles refined results.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Back when I was going through my shamanistic practices, one of the things my mind told me was that I was of 2 predominant personalities, the bird and the bear. I drew tribal versions of the animals and divided attributes under them.

All those writings and art are long gone as part of another ritual I went through. I used to go through rituals and have symbolic epiphanies or visions. I consider the answers most important, so the research was let go to remove the clutter.

Years later, I discovered Banjo Kazooie. It's my favorite video game series by far. Well, except for Nuts and Bolts.
edit on 29-5-2012 by gentledissident because: mistakes?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
I had a dream of a young bear and it said they older bears don't like it when us young bears talk to you humans and it is forbidden, I could see all the elder bears coming down the rocky cliff and they talked to the young bear and killed him and they told me to leave. This dream was a few years ago and it so clear in my mind to this day and I wonder what they said to that young bear. The bear sounds right to me and I have met few up close and never have I felt threatened.

I think Jung would say that you are hiding knowledge about yourself from yourself.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My spirit guide is Satan. He's not that bad and he's crap at chess.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i realy don't know if i have a animal guide.. is everyone supposed to?
i would love to know!
how do i go about finding my animal guide?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

How exactly would I find my animal guide?

There's several animals mine could be...several animals I have been attracted to. Monkey, frog, otter, ferret, wolf...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i heard you get many animal spirit totems throughout your life and they help you through different spiritual phases.

growing up, the duck, then the swine, scorpion, cockroach, snake, cat, spider, the dog came back, then the crow, and then the dog again, and right now its the turtle.

If a Turtle totem shows up in your life, slow down the pace of your life. Bigger, stronger, faster are not always the best ways to reach your goals.

which makes SO MUCH sense..i've been getting a little impatient

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'll let you guess mine
I've been obssessed with black leopards my whole life. My Native American totem is the snake....which is another creature I have absolutely no fear of and love. When people find a snake and freak out, they call me because they know I can just walk up and pick them right up. When I pick one up, they are calm and trusting....never once has one tried to bite. I think they know that I'm not afraid of them.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I don't know what mine is, but throughout the years I have had very physical affinities towards certain lifeforms. I say lifeforms because I cannot seem to narrow them down to animals and I say 'physical' because it has always been physical sensations around my body--a feeling of extra body parts and especially the feeling of whatever 'feet' I happened to have working into the earth as I moved.

When I was younger it was a galloping horse. Wherever I went this horse would gallop across the terrain always at my right and I could never tell the difference between whether I was on the horse or I WAS the horse. When I was a teenager it was a centaur...so much so that I could almost feel my horse body spreading out behind me. There was a short time frame where it was the sensation of tiny wings striving to leave the ground...striving to gain altitude. After I had my son a few years ago while in the throws of depression I began developing what I felt was memories of a past life as some sort of large predatory jungle cat. If that isn't already odd enough I should also add that it was not planet Earth I was on and that I was spiritually or emotionally tied to a female, humanoid hunting mate. Around the same time I also felt as though I once had ancient but strong roots and branches--I guess as a tree. Since then those sensations of claws in the ground or teeth in the prey have subsided leaving me with that earthy, branchy bark sensation.

I dunno. It could just be my imagination. Or maybe it really is a message--just not related to spirit guides.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

I have thought about what you said and I have not asked an elder about it as of yet and I did have a dream of myself in a cocoon and coming out of it and spreading light to every room and I wonder if this something to do with it.

P.S. who Jung? Is it Carl Jung or is that somebody on this board?
edit on 29-5-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join