It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF to Outlaw Shotguns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here we go again!!

This is yet another back-door attempt to violate the second amendment and impose incremental bans much like they have tried before with assault rifles. I’m so tired of this anti-gun lobby attacking our rights.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is taking a rare step of allowing public comments prior to issuing a decision on a study that could result in outlawing certain types of shotguns currently available to citizens.

The ATF completed a study regarding the importability of certain shotguns. The basis for a possible ban is based on a loosely defined “Sporting Purpose” test. Using the vague definition almost all pump-action and semi-automatic shotguns could be banned as they are all capable of accepting a magazine, box or tube capable of holding more than 5 rounds. Other characteristics determined to be “military” by the ATF can also be used as a basis for a ban.

Ironically, many shotguns with “military” features are currently being used in shooting competitions held by the USPSA, IDPA and IPSC. The rules could also result in obscure regulations where an individual would be unsure if he is violating them or not.
DailyPaul

This is one of the simplest and most compelling explanation’s I’ve heard as to why gun ownership is a RIGHT:

To me this is another step closer to implementing the UN’s Agenda 21 in America…Thanks BUSH!!!

+22 more 
posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ah yes, the Shot gun/ Long rifle "Loop holes" these are the easiest to get, some places you can walk into a walmart and buy a blister pack with a shot gun and ammo.

its BS gun grabbing non-sense, shot guns are the perfect home defense weapon and there is no reason to change anything about the current regulations regarding them.

unless you wana make it difficult to defend ones home...

Anyone storming a house fears a shot gun, criminals or you know who ever...
edit on 27-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Banning gun ownership + DHS buying 450 million rounds = Martial LAW and UN Agenda 21!

I don't like this math!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
surely banning shotguns will be a stupid task as i bet theres more of them in the USA than there is blades of grass so i'd hate to be an ATF guy having to knock on doors and ask for them unless you have a very good package that will look after your family after your death

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Are they looking at the street sweeper type shotgun?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I would say this won't pass because of the uproar people would make, but, they don't listen to us anymore. The idea of them getting input from us is a joke. They'll do what they want, no matter what we say. They are slowly trying to take our guns. Soon, people will be more afraid of Uncle Sam's troopers kicking in your door for a trumped up crime, than a home invasion. Gun owners had better start raising hell, contacting their represenatives to let them know supporting gun grabbers is a quick way out of office.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Ah yes, the Shot gun/ Long rifle "Loop holes" these are the easiest to get, some places you can walk into a walmart and buy a blister pack with a shot gun and ammo.

its BS gun grabbing non-sense, shot guns are the perfect home defense weapon and there is no reason to change anything about the current regulations regarding them.

unless you wana make it difficult to defend ones home...

Anyone storming a house fears a shot gun, criminals or you know who ever...
edit on 27-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Just the sound of someone racking a round into the chamber makes one think about their next action

If they even have time to do so.

The assault on the 2nd amendment continues unabated. The defense of it will continue as well.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A shotgun is used more for defense and hunting than for criminal activity. Why pick on shotguns to start making illegal. I guess if we give these people any reason or leeway they try to use precedence to take every right away.

Look what they did with the seat belt law. The government had us vote on buckling kids up and we said ok then they used our voting as precedence to pass laws making everyone buckle up so they could acquire more income and make us feel like criminals. They will use precedence to get rid of all peoples rights to bear arms. Our right to bear arms is not to shoot deer or rabbits, it is to protect us from our government getting crooked. Take the guns away from the criminals not the regular citizens. That's right, the FBI was supplying criminals with guns for a while in a stupid plan to track where guns were going. Guns that eventually killed Americans.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

surely banning shotguns will be a stupid task as i bet theres more of them in the USA than there is blades of grass so i'd hate to be an ATF guy having to knock on doors and ask for them unless you have a very good package that will look after your family after your death

It’s actually quite easy. They pass the ban and institute HARSH penalties for anyone caught in possession of the prohibited weapons. Then they offer a grace period for people to turn them in. Many law abiding citizens will do so for fear of 10 years imprisonment (or whatever the penalty). They will also watch who is purchasing ammo for those types of weapons so they can track down the holdouts.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
could be the new markets for siaga shot guns in the ak platform and the new ksg are scaring the feds? i think the ksg holds something like 14+1 with a switch between dual magazine tubes,but more directly to the op i dont see them banning shot guns as being something they could pull off at this point at least not with the supreme courts ruleings recently on guns but i could be wrong

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Are they looking at the street sweeper type shotgun?

en.wikipedia.org...

Nope….the broad definition could apply to almost any shotgun.

Using the vague definition almost all pump-action and semi-automatic shotguns could be banned as they are all capable of accepting a magazine, box or tube capable of holding more than 5 rounds.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I guess I'll have to join the NRA again. When I join something it seems like it always extremely boosts their success but then corruption always finds it's way into the organization from the added money. Then I quit and things return back to normal. I'm jinxed that way. Midas touch I guess

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Am I pissed? Absolutly! Am I surprised?
Hillary Clinton has not kept it a secret that she is working very hard with the U.N. on The Small Arms Treaty! That is the last peice of the puzzle to take over really. Disarm American citizens and let the good ole NWO come a rolling on in.........sigh

S&F OP! I hadn't seen that one yet!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well Ive been holding off on getting some shot guns... might be time to start shopping.

been meaning to get one of these barretta

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Damn Yankees ! Take all their guns off them ! Blinkin things go off and people get injured or killed... You chaps should take up the fine sport of cricket .... No...maybe not, you,d probably use the bat as an offensive weapon.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I am all for peace and prosperity. When all prosper on an equal basis. I would be more than happy to abandon my weapons when they are no longer needed. Let the leaders of our nations lead by example and abandon their weapons first! We the people would then follow suit and proceed to kick their butts off our planet in a more hands-on method!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Personally I prefer the Saiga that KilrathiLG mentioned.

What is the difference between one of these and a pistol or assault rifle that holds over 14 rounds? The answer is nothing. A shotgun really has no more significant range than a pistol and isn’t any deadlier than an assault rifle. They’re just going to continue to go after these things one step at a time. A ban on one can later be used to justify a ban on another (much like illegal drugs).

edit on 27-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by seabag

Damn Yankees ! Take all their guns off them ! Blinkin things go off and people get injured or killed... You chaps should take up the fine sport of cricket .... No...maybe not, you,d probably use the bat as an offensive weapon.

It’s kind of hard to hunt with a bat! The cavemen figured that out!

America was founded with guns and they are part of our culture. Only people who don’t understand American culture think gun ownership serves only nefarious purposes; here it’s quite the opposite actually.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A gun is property, it is a property RIGHT that existed LONG ANTECEDENT...

"an·te·ced·ent/ˌantəˈsēdnt/"
Noun: A thing or event that existed before or logically precedes another.

Adjective: Preceding in time or order; previous or preexisting.

Synonyms: previous - prior - preceding - foregoing - anterior

to the creation...BY MAN...OUR ancestors.. of government.

Need I say any more. Government "agents" MUST do as WE the PEOPLE say and NOT what the corporate "government" says. YOU are not a government employee as they claim you to be. REBUT the PRESUMPTION!!

Stick to your guns is VERY appropriate!!
edit on 27-5-2012 by daddio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Yep, them guns are the reason us Yankees aren't British "subjects" excuse us for being sentimentally fond of them.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join