It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF to Outlaw Shotguns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by seabag

Damn Yankees ! Take all their guns off them ! Blinkin things go off and people get injured or killed... You chaps should take up the fine sport of cricket .... No...maybe not, you,d probably use the bat as an offensive weapon.

There has NEVER been a recorded case of a gun just "going off" without some factor leading to it going off.

Perhaps if you learned a little about firearms, you wouldnt be so scared of them.
edit on 27-5-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

Hmm, I dont think he is scared of them. I think he grew up with different values than an American would have.

And for the record, there are firearm accidents. They don't just go off, but its dishonest to say the are without risks. A person, has to weigh the pros and cons of deciding whats best for them.
edit on 27-5-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The ATF completed a study regarding the importability of certain shotguns. The basis for a possible ban is based on a loosely defined “Sporting Purpose” test. Using the vague definition almost all pump-action and semi-automatic shotguns could be banned as they are all capable of accepting a magazine, box or tube capable of holding more than 5 rounds. Other characteristics determined to be “military” by the ATF can also be used as a basis for a ban

What part of shall not infringe are they not getting?

As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust. Laws disarming honest citizens proclaim that the government is the master, not the servant, of the people. Jeff Snyder

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert
reply to post by seabag

Waco and Ruby Ridge. Brought to you by Clinton (Mr Bill) and good old Janet (what a guy!:barf
Reno

Now, the Mrs wants to take over where hubby left off. Figures!

Zipper Bill should of been tried
with crimes against american civilians
for that terrible assault he let the ATF
commit.. When will these government
leeches be burnt off this society..
When will a real president with some balls
step up and stop the ATF and their assault
on assault weapons now shotguns,
helping in giving guns to mexican druglords
to shoot our own boarder patrol.. The astrocities
these ass hats have created go beyond moronic
boarderline retarded.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I hope they ban all guns. Give all the LEGAL gun owners a reason to buy ILLEGAL and FULLy Automatic weapons. Makes sense right?

Don't see the logic of the moronic, self serving, manipulative, manmade laws they continue to pass. I thought they all had ivy league educations. Don''t they realize that the more they push, take and try to control people, the worse people are gonna react?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Luckily if they go this route it will just stop the imported shotguns from being brought in which just means they'll do like they did with assault rifles and start bringing in parts kits and assembling them here.

Which I say good for them Screw the ATF anyway. ATF should be a store not a government agency.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

I hope they ban all guns. Give all the LEGAL gun owners a reason to buy ILLEGAL and FULLy Automatic weapons. Makes sense right?

Point noted!

Don't see the logic of the moronic, self serving, manipulative, manmade laws they continue to pass. I thought they all had ivy league educations. Don''t they realize that the more they push, take and try to control people, the worse people are gonna react?

Oh, they’re smart….they’re giving us as much as they THINK we will tolerate. I think they are VERY CLOSE to pushing too far.

Hey, I HOPE they push too far so we can get this party started and get on with REAL recovery rather than more patches and BS that only buys time to further install Agenda 21.

Bring on the Blue Hats!!!

It makes a perfect target…I want those who wish to take my freedom to be visible.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ahh Seabag
Nostradamas's Blue Turbanded man...
yeah I think you are right they will be the targets of the day....
except for when they just drone slap the homies

stapler/pipe shotgun..
t'was me I'd use the upside down stapler...easier to press the lever
edit on 27-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Please please....pay attention to the upcoming U.N. Arms Trade Treaty negotiations in July in New York when the final language will be drafted on this multi-level issue. Much of it will be concerned with small arms and civilian ownership of firearms.

Second Amendment supporters need to be vigilant where this is concerned.

Sen. Moran (R-KS) is watching this. www.govtrack.us...
He has introduced a bill that seeks to prohibit funding to negotiate a United Nations Arms Trade Treaty that restricts the Second Amendment rights of United States citizens.

edit on 27-5-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Gun Control is such a f'kin joke.

Criminals don't abide by those laws at all. They laugh at them.

And if we're following the logic of the pro Gun-control crowd then why didn't the Government ban airplanes after 9/11?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Holder the AG was supplying the criminals with guns via Fast and Furious
He lied to congress...

they will come up with a BS legitimacy one way or the other
treaties trump the constitution, or what ever

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The assault on gun ownwership by the people will continue un abated even if.they wind up turned down by the courts....Eventually inroads are made, and incrementally freedoms are stolen.
In my experience it is the freedoms we surrender that we will fight hardest, and longest, to get back.....
Once the goverment owns each small human right we have, what will be left?
The disarming of the citizen has been taking place for over ten decades now.....look back and you will see the path its taken...Its not about danger to the public. It is about CONTROL of the public.....
Goverment demands the power of life, and death, over the average joe...or crowds of them,
This is the ultimate dream of totalitarianism, and the last gasp of freedom.....when they take our weapons we are become as slaves indeed....bound by the financial web of deciet,isolated from our neighbours by societal conditioning....we struggle silently alone with the knowledge deep inside us that the fight is a never ending struggle, and freedom must be fought for, and when it is won, it still must be earned from day to day.....
Laws in place now are designed to promote reasons for siezing arms from private dwellings....
Any domestic dispute however the circumstances, will get your house searched and stripped of anything they may deem offensive.....
The return of such siezed items is on a chancy basis as well......
The police, the goverments, the corporations would all like to see us defenseless and docile......
You will now all march silently into the showers........
Wherever, and whenever they can, the goverments will continue to try to disarm us.....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
if the only thing between a totalitarian state and the population is a piece of paper with some lines, then you'll start to realize the scope of the problem.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Watch for Obama's Propaganda Machine to kick in on this issue. Remember, the use of propaganda on American audiences is being inserted into the latest defense authorization bill. See how the dots are connecting?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty final draft negotiations coming up in July, you can bet there will be a "nudge" toward the eventual elimination of the Second Amendment.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

No hillbilly shotgun here, bud! I know what’s coming and I’ve seen something similar in my past…although I was wearing the different hat.

Cool video though!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

No hillbilly shotgun here, bud! I know what’s coming and I’ve seen something similar in my past…although I was wearing the different hat.

Cool video though!

everybody ought to have a plan b

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

everybody ought to have a plan b

Right!

Who says I don’t?

Drones?

OK!

What can I do about that?

Not a lot you can do besides bug-in/bug-out.

All I can guarantee is that if they aren’t crafty they’re going to eat dirt.

edit on 27-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by benrl

Personally I prefer the Saiga that KilrathiLG mentioned.

What is the difference between one of these and a pistol or assault rifle that holds over 14 rounds? The answer is nothing. A shotgun really has no more significant range than a pistol and isn’t any deadlier than an assault rifle. They’re just going to continue to go after these things one step at a time. A ban on one can later be used to justify a ban on another (much like illegal drugs).

edit on 27-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

That is an awesome shotgun. Someone who isn't me has one and it is fun to shoot! Wonder if there will be a run on shotgun sales.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It does not matter to me in the least what they "outlaw".
Outlawing something does not mean I won't own it and use it.

That's the bottom line.....period.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I read agenda 21.. I don't get it.

I did think it was weird that the bullets DHS bought were supposedly hollow points right? The kind of ammo you would use against people WITHOUT armor.

HOWEVER it really depends on how many people work in that department though, and what if that order is supposed to keep them supplied for the next 5 years. It would cost the government less to buy in bulk rather than buy the amount they need for one year.

It may be innocent (well "innocent") though I would just prefer that they dropped the DHS because it's a waste of my money.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
That shotgun is a Saiga 12 Russian shotgun there are drums made for this and there is an AR based system as well.On the forums we said this would happen.They originally banned the USAS 12 that was based in the Atchisson system as well as the street sweeper.
People haven't been attacked using this type of gun because you can't really hide it too well....and shotguns do make a mess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join