It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An apology to the masons.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No we don't have any juristiction over any one. I was trying to point out to protocols that very literally there are Masonic juristictions everywhere, including the moon.

For non masons this means nothing. That's why it's the stupidest of follies to say JFK and LIncoln were killed in Masonic juristiction ...... OF COURSE THEY WERE BECAUSE EVERY MAJOR CITY IS CONSIDERED ONE.

Once again, Masonic jurisdictions means nothing to non masons. We certainly aren't policing anyone, muzzleflash.

It surprises me that you would believe such a thing.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing

No need to apologize, no Mason is going to carry anger against you. You obvious distaste of masons is your own suffering you create for yourself.

How the hell can we accurately judge a entire group of people and label every person in that group according to a similar set of characteristics?
This is irrational.

In a group with millions of members, Christianity, Islam, Masonry, the YMCA, boy scouts, whatever...
There will always be differences between people within that group, large differences and small ones.

Some of them are dumb, some are really smart.
Some are selfish, while others want to help others.
Some seek to learn, while others think they know it all.
Some drink coffee and others like juice or soda.

I could go on and on.

No mason will be angry with me? Oh just like "no christian will ever murder" and "no islamic person will ever eat a pig". This is so absurd it's not even funny.

Facts : Some masons like me, some don't.
Same with any large denomination of peoples. It's a mixture of differences.

Also about not getting angry...
Trust me I can make any human being angry no matter how spiritual or awesome they think they are. I know where buttons are and how to press them. No human can withstand my annoyances for beyond a few hours.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Double post, mea culpa.
edit on 28-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

No we don't have any juristiction over any one. I was trying to point out to protocols that very literally there are Masonic juristictions everywhere, including the moon.

For non masons this means nothing. That's why it's the stupidest of follies to say JFK and LIncoln were killed in Masonic juristiction ...... OF COURSE THEY WERE BECAUSE EVERY MAJOR CITY IS CONSIDERED ONE.

Once again, Masonic jurisdictions means nothing to non masons. We certainly aren't policing anyone, muzzleflash.

It surprises me that you would believe such a thing.

Forgive me for using English definitions and a dictionary.

Jurisdiction :
1. (Law) the right or power to administer justice and to apply laws
2. (Law) the exercise or extent of such right or power
3. (Law) power or authority in general

But then again you didn't actually use that word. You said "juristiction" which must mean something else because it's not the word I thought you meant.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I meant specifically to the OP. He seems to carry a lot of malice towards masons.

I hope he finds peace within himself and can let go of whatever is driving his anger.

I wish the same for everyone.

Best of everything to you.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Dion Fortune a.k.a. Violet Mary Firth Evans

...and the men who did the work had therefore to be initiated into certain lower degrees in order that they might adequately perform their tasks.

Mary was and is the person to trust for her insights into the history and folklore of European working class tradition, decorum and ritual. No problem there. But in the end, I am afraid that she was just another excitable girl with a knack for writing and a deep interest in the occult. So what? You couldn't swing a dead cat in Europe at the time she lived without hitting 50 of them.

Aside from any secreting away of occult knowledge, these societies were secretive because their trade skills were proprietary. You've heard of Horse Whisperers?

The Whisperers were powerful throughout rural Britain until the advent of farm machinery and motor transport. Their skill was held in high regard. And individuals who possessed the Word were much sought after. They formed themselves into Masonic-style guilds with secret handshakes, passwords and salutes.

www.angelfire.com...

Yep. There is probably a bunch of stuff in Masonry that the average Freemason is unaware of. But all they have to do to find it all is join the appropriate research lodge, or maybe search Google. But the fact of the matter is, as with all these secret societies with a graded initiatic structure, the final secret is in the first lesson. All that to say that nothing is hidden from the sincere seeker.

What is hidden and that is common with Freemasonry, Horse Whisperers, Mithras Cultists and The Cunning, is far beyond the scope of your OP.

And, Blavatsky was a plagiarizing charlatan; just wanted to throw that in there.

Thanks for the fun OP.

X.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'll forgive that, as long as you can forgive my numerous, iPad typos.

My only point was that Masonic Juristiction only applies to Masons. Non masons need not worry about us trying to exercise Masonic laws on any one else other than the Order. Most masons need not worry about them either. Just more funny Freemason talk that basically lets other masons know where we are geographically, and what particular laws we have in regards to the fraternity in that region, or state. They don't vary much except in subtle wordings, and all in all would be of no interest to non masons any way....... They hardly interest me... That's one of the more boring topics in regards to Masonry.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I like you.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

I have learned that it is impossible to judge an individual with any accuracy unless we examine that specific person. And even then it can be replete with bias and inaccuracy.

That is something important that I think all people, of any sort of division, soldier or civilian, black or white, poor or rich, Mason or non, Christian or Islam or Atheist, etc etc, should be keen about.

We are hard wired biologically to be prejudice and to exhibit types of xenophobia. This must be faced directly and each point we must strive to overcome these primitive notions.

Everyone who has read my posts knows that I do not like organized groups that elicit belief systems, but at the same time I have learned to hold back on judging others when I actually am just assuming things about them personally which I cannot know.

I do not trust anyone, I can hardly trust myself even.
I am just being honest and fair, in my point of view.

I didn't bother griping at the OP because all of the rest of you did that just fine. Don't take it personally.
I would prefer we all get along, actually.

There is a whole lot of good information we could all share and debate about like say, the history of architecture or the middle ages.

I guess I am the epitome of my own condemnation because I also partook in the pointlessness.
So in a way, I suppose I should take my own advice and move onward to reading about something cool.
edit on 28-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I like you.

Thank you, I actually like you a lot too Augustus.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'll forgive that, as long as you can forgive my numerous, iPad typos.

My only point was that Masonic Juristiction only applies to Masons. Non masons need not worry about us trying to exercise Masonic laws on any one else other than the Order. Most masons need not worry about them either. Just more funny Freemason talk that basically lets other masons know where we are geographically, and what particular laws we have in regards to the fraternity in that region, or state. They don't vary much except in subtle wordings, and all in all would be of no interest to non masons any way....... They hardly interest me... That's one of the more boring topics in regards to Masonry.

It's cool man I was being a jerk as usual.

To tell you the truth? I actually misspell jurisdiction as "juristiction" all of the time too. I even had to go spell check it prior to replying to you.

So yeah, it was really cheap.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I love all three of you...

...fraternally that is.

X.

P.S. And you protocols.

link   

You've explained my own thoughts nearly to a T, muzzleflash.

Acceptance is something very hard to practice in our daily lives but if people went out of their way to accept others lifestyle choices and personal belief systems ( spiritual, political, other) I firmly believe the globe would be a better place.

Now, the hard part is actually maintaining that choice to accept people as they are..... Even when, say, their views go explicitly against what your own may be. It's a lot easier to discuss, than it is to actually do.

link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

What is hidden and that is common with Freemasonry, Horse Whisperers, Mithras Cultists and The Cunning, is far beyond the scope of your OP.

Ahhh yes Mithra.

BTW it would be "Mithraic" cultists I believe.

That is such an awesome and massive subject we could spend a year on it and not cover anything.

That's something I want to get into discussing today at some point.

Thanks for the links too btw.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Maybe you guys should get a room.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

You've explained my own thoughts nearly to a T, muzzleflash.

Acceptance is something very hard to practice in our daily lives but if people went out of their way to accept others lifestyle choices and personal belief systems ( spiritual, political, other) I firmly believe the globe would be a better place.

Now, the hard part is actually maintaining that choice to accept people as they are..... Even when, say, their views go explicitly against what your own may be. It's a lot easier to discuss, than it is to actually do.

Thanks.

I have learned it is vital to my own growth as a human, to be open to others points of view and to seek to find usefulness in their differences.

Rather than viewing it as a negative, instead it is an opportunity to acquire new insights.

Of course this is impossible to pursue constantly but it is a good ideal to strive towards because it allows me to question my own beliefs while in juxtaposition with contrary beliefs espoused by others, and it allows all of us to learn more than we had known prior. That is progress for certain.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
Maybe you guys should get a room.

We have one, under the Denver Airport.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

That's what I've heard!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I have learned it is vital to my own growth as a human, to be open to others points of view and to seek to find usefulness in their differences.

muzzleflash!?

C'mon, this is ATS!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have held my judgement on the Masons for the simple fact that I have met quite a few of them and visited their lodges. I have even gone ahead and snooped around with curiosity and opened that huge book that is in the middle surrounded by candles. The masons there said NOTHING to me. I visited actually a couple of lodges. Personally from what I witnessed during their meetings was mostly philosophical stuff and how men can improve themselves,

However it would be ignorant of me, to dismiss claims from other people, just as it would be the same to dismiss the defense of the masons. So Ive become neutral on this topic and take no sides.

But I will say something a friend of mine told me who is in the freemasonry.

"You cannot judge all the masons just because of a few bad apples that committed crimes, it would be similar to judging all men or all women for the mistakes one murderer makes. Does that make humanity evil?"

When I asked about religion, he told me this.

"Dismiss all dogmas, We (I assume we as humans) are gods" and left it at that.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join