It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An apology to the masons.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What is there to learn about Masonry? I have often heard there are two types of Masons.. those who read and those who don't.

There are some who are happy with knowing the degree work, grips, passwords, etc... and those who read and study to dive deeper into their meanings, the history of the order, etc.

It was asked what is the point of Masonry? If all these secrets are available online, why can't someone just start teaching them to others or even yet, form their own lodge with their friends?

It is true that you can do just that. However, a very important point for me is the brotherhood itself. To visit a lodge in a different country, not knowing anyone, but being welcomed as a brother and part of the family. I think there is an Internet Lodge somewhere, but I don't get it. Why join a fraternity where you don't meet anyone?

Masonry gives me the tools to learn and to apply when I meet anyone. It also gives me the support when and wherever I need it.

The so-called secrets are just the BBQ sauce. It doesn't tell the underlying story of the smoked pork ribs it covers.

new topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join