It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army General: The Whole Northern Hemisphere is at Risk of Becoming Largely Uninhabitable

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
reply to post by leosnake

Georgia's also a State as in the United States of America.

What's your Point?
What are you trying to Say?

The Ukraine is populated by Russians. They speak Russian.

Want me to criticize your "u dnt know" and correct it to "You don't know"?

I've got better things to do with my time, sorry! My time may be running out in many ways.

edit on 28-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: Captain's Log, Supplemental...

Ukraine (Listeni/juːˈkreɪn/ yew-KRAYN; Ukrainian: Україна, transliterated: Ukrayina, [ukrɑˈjinɑ]; ; Crimean Tatar: Ukraina) is a country in Central and Eastern Europe. Ukraine borders the Russian Federation to the east and northeast, Belarus to the northwest, Poland, Slovakia and Hungary to the west, Romania and Moldova to the southwest, and the Black Sea

According to the Ukrainian Census of 2001, ethnic Ukrainians make up 77.8% of the population. Other significant ethnic groups are the Russians (17.3%), Belarusians (0.6%), Moldovans (0.5%), Crimean Tatars (0.5%), Bulgarians (0.4%), Hungarians (0.3%), Romanians (0.3%), Poles (0.3%), Jews (0.2%), Armenians (0.2%), Greeks (0.2%) and Tatars (0.2%).[2]
According to the Constitution, the state language of Ukraine is Ukrainian

from Wikipedia

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
Fukushima is no joke and has already released enough nuclear waste into our atmosphere to last decades.

It will fall in low to medium level radioactive waste in the rain for decades, that's if no more is released.

They have no plan of fixing it for several years, maybe. That also doesn't take into account any other natural or man made disaster affecting it. It's cumulative and will build in every living thing until it is abundant enough to make you ILL.

Children are the most susceptible unfortunately.

Greetings:

You got that right.

Do Earth Citizens Have the Right to a Radiation-free Environment?

We have questioned the validity of the continuance of nuclear power in light of the apparently unsolvable waste problem...

America's Being Nuked - Can We Together Stop the Madness Before It's Too Late?

We have posed other questions which need answers:

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

1. If it was JUST about World War II, I could live with that. Had you been reading about my life's struggles, however, you know that this is but the tip of the iceberg.

I read your entire diatribe, you unfortunately didn't read my entire response.

2. Japanese, Korean, what's the difference. They're the same lot to me and they'll be the first to unite. When it comes to choosing any of these guys By these guys vs. some sickly-pale white guy in "their" new town, I Always get the shaft. That's called Discrimination, incidentally, except in my case I'M the minority being discriminated Against. Maybe if was fluent in their language things would be Slightly better for me. But I didn't think I had to learn anything except English just to hang on to a half-decent job, growing up here in the heart of the U.S. of A. Seems to me, from my obviously warped and bigoted and highly irrational perspective, that when Asians colonize America they should learn, speak, and write English rather than speak their own tongue to Everyone and put up signs in their shops Written in their own tongue. They Refuse to assimilate into American culture--rather, they want Us to assimilate Theirs. But, like I said, I'm obviously just this low-IQ redneck loser who doesn't know better. Shame on me for being politically INcorrect.

Every single Japanese person growing up in Japan (and even those here because by extension the parents teach it) learn English growing up, it's required. I don't know what the stance on that in Korea is, but to lump both cultures together is very wrong. That would be like me saying that Puerto Ricans and Mexicans (I happen to be partially Puerto Rican as well) are the same because they both speak Spanish. My point is, your life sucks, ok fine, did you do anything to help that situation or is it all about the blame game "I'm an Uhmerican, I should be able to do X Y and Z dern all dem ferigners" (Not saying that you sound that way, just an extreme example)

I am an American citizen, have been since the day I was born, I have fought, bled and almost died so that you have the right to come on here and complain and spew your hate, and I for one can tell you a little tolerance goes a long way...

4. Because of my financial situation, I can no longer afford all of my medications. That includes the pills for my triglycerides, blood pressure, and allergies. Sue me.

There are many programs (even non government ones) to help pay for prescriptions to help with medical conditions, most larger type pharmacies even have a 4 dollar for 30 days program on most drugs, so that argument doesn't work. A lot of us are in dire financial trouble, we don't blame some imaginary "yellow horde" from long ago though, it's akin to blaming the boogeyman.

You're filled with so much hate and anger you can't see that 99.9% of the people around you are mixed in some way, and that the United States was built upon that diversity. No I'm not saying it's ok for Korean shops to not have English signage, it does happen though, no I'm not saying it's not ok to not learn English, live here, should learn the language, I speak 5 actually, why don't you try to look around and see what is good around you, you'd be surprised I think to find out that some of it may be different than you imagine.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Hope you're happy now, scholar.

Next you'll say that citizens of Moscow are not Russians but Moscowians who speak Moscowese.

I can quote from Wikipedia all I want, too. Doesn't make it a fact.

Incidentally, my little American town is mostly Korean where Most People now talk Korean. It's in the U.S.
Doesn't make it Korean--neither North or South. At least I don't think it is YET! Maybe I'm wrong though, since I'm now a minority and told to get the hell out by my neighbors who only want proud Asians to live there!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Yet I bet you're sitting back and typing this on some wireless toy.

Maybe you don't like nuclear but being irradiated by MICROWAVE MASTS is freaking Fine and jolly because your money is invested in it!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Hope you're happy now, scholar.

Next you'll say that citizens of Moscow are not Russians but Moscowians who speak Moscowese.

I can quote from Wikipedia all I want, too. Doesn't make it a fact.

Incidentally, my little American town is mostly Korean where Most People now talk Korean. It's in the U.S.
Doesn't make it Korean--neither North or South. At least I don't think it is YET! Maybe I'm wrong though, since I'm now a minority and told to get the hell out by my neighbors who only want proud Asians to live there!

History

Chernobyl first appeared in a charter of 1193, described as a hunting-lodge of Knyaz Rostislavich.[3][4] It was a crown village of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania in the 13th century. The village was granted as a fiefdom to Filon Kmita, a captain of the royal cavalry, in 1566. The province containing Chernobyl was transferred to the Kingdom of Poland in 1569, and then annexed by the Russian Empire in 1793.[5] Prior to the 20th century, Chernobyl was inhabited by Ukrainian and some Polish peasants, and a relatively large number of Jews.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Well, oh golly gee forgive me for speaking my mind and being--now get this--HONEST about my plight.

I'd have been happier being an abortion half a century ago. I wasn't permitted that luxury.

Forgive me for breathing and consuming precious oxygen better spent on more deserving people like yourself!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I know what I am saying, Captain, my grandfather was a Ukrainian

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

Well, oh golly gee forgive me for speaking my mind and being--now get this--HONEST about my plight.

I'd have been happier being an abortion half a century ago. I wasn't permitted that luxury.

Forgive me for breathing and consuming precious oxygen better spent on more deserving people like yourself!

Yes you were, and you were given an honest example of how to help that plight, instead you continue to complain and play a victim. You have that right, but it doesn't mean that you are right...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

I know what I am saying, Captain, my grandfather was a Ukrainian

If I were born in Africa and then moved to the U.S... Would that make me an African-American?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Yes you were, and you were given an honest example of how to help that plight, instead you continue to complain and play a victim. You have that right, but it doesn't mean that you are right...

Playing the "victim"? Uh, Pleeease!

Every day I see Jews and Blacks (Excuse me, African-Americans) "playing the victim". The former because of WWII Nazi treatment. The latter because of their slave ancestors. Indians (Oh, excuuuse me again, NATIVE AMERICANS) because Whitey took away their land... Today, God bless George Takei et al, Asians are digging up American WWII Japanese internment camps to Play the Victim as you say.

Maybe I should just cut my own throat to make everyone happy.

Put this in your pipe and Smoke It, One More Time:
I'm Years unemployed, can barely afford simple dial-up internet access (my only pleasure left in life), can barely pay basic bills, have no medical insurance, no girlfriend (I won't Bother "playing the victim" in regards to what happened to my last one), and I'm treated like a lowlife in my own town which has gone to super-rich Asian immigrants who Do Not Tolerate "native" English-speaking Americans, least of all guys like me who Don't live in McMansions and have money coming out of their sweet asses to do everything from hiring servants to Wipe theirs.

You can't identify with my plight, and I don't want to identify with "yours" (because you haven't Got one).

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am geting old, my hair should fall out!
my gums bleed. I brush my theeth to hard.

Ever thing is ok!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There is still no good reason why they can't just cover it in tons and tons of cement and whatever else they need to contain it.

Are they still trying to save this stuff ?

who is going to want to work at a contaminated facility ever again ?

They need to know when they lost, and how not to bring the rest of the world down with them.

They need to smarten up.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Playing the "victim"? Uh, Pleeease!

Every day I see Jews and Blacks (Excuse me, African-Americans) "playing the victim". The former because of WWII Nazi treatment. The latter because of their slave ancestors. Indians (Oh, excuuuse me again, NATIVE AMERICANS) because Whitey took away their land... Today, God bless George Takei et al, Asians are digging up American WWII Japanese internment camps to Play the Victim as you say.

Maybe I should just cut my own throat to make everyone happy.

Put this in your pipe and Smoke It, One More Time:
I'm Years unemployed, can barely afford simple dial-up internet access (my only pleasure left in life), can barely pay basic bills, have no medical insurance, no girlfriend (I won't Bother "playing the victim" in regards to what happened to my last one), and I'm treated like a lowlife in my own town which has gone to super-rich Asian immigrants who Do Not Tolerate "native" English-speaking Americans, least of all guys like me who Don't live in McMansions and have money coming out of their sweet asses to do everything from hiring servants to Wipe theirs.

You can't identify with my plight, and I don't want to identify with "yours" (because you haven't Got one).

Wow you just hate everyone.. I'm shocked... I can honestly say if I met you, I certainly wouldn't date you, and I've dated some rather strange men in my time..

I'm a mutt, I admit it, I'm Japanese, French and Puerto Rican by ancestry, American (yes American I agree no matter where you are from in the US you are an American) by birth. I've not had a pleasant life, but I get by, is it worse than yours presently, not by a long shot, but that's because of one thing I have that you don't and it's something you cannot buy with all the money in the world....... tolerance.

I don't know, nor do I care about your perception of how you got to the point you're at, but the way you belittle everyone, and rant and rave about this group or that group is unproductive and is probably causing more hurt to yourself than to anyone else.

BACK ON TOPIC: I still am awaiting an answer to why all of these Asian groups supposedly being bad to you is in any way related to the Fuki-Dacchi Power Plant Number 4 reactor belching out tonnes of radiation? Seems to me you used this only as a way to start a rant about Asians and how you think they ruined your life.....

Oh a PS: you see that little thing under my name in my mini-profile, it says "fighter" for a reason... I debate things out to their logical conclusion...
edit on 28-5-2012 by vkey08 because: explaining

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
I am geting old, my hair should fall out!
my gums bleed. I brush my theeth to hard.

Ever thing is ok!

I had once worn the kettle on my dick

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by takemetoyourleader21

sorry it is so personally attached to you....but this is in regards to the colnels fearmongering...now if you have to substitute all of your nuclear for coal in japan i would feel sorry for you because your pollutant levels would increase ten fold...and the air borne particulites would cause cancer on a large scale....which is the lesser of the two evils.....that is the question...and can we have electricty without either....my guess would be no.

Now calling me ass and telling me to go f**k myself for stating opinion is a bit RAD.....would not one think....but that choice is yousr.....do i trust everything that is being stated by the japanese government...nope....is it a rosey picture....nope.....but is it as bad as what the fearmongering is being stated by the COl......guess what....Nope.

I do not speak for the nuke industry and i would personally hope some day we can find a safer energy...and i am sure there is the tech out there but it comes down to making money doesn't....if you can't make money from it,It doesn't get done...simple as that.....if people were altruistic in nature the world would be a much better place.....but i don't believe there was anything incorrect in what i was stating.....

I was stating the difference between fall out and how it would be localized and not become a global disaster like was being stated in the Video. No matter how secretive your government is...if there was a mass die off going on....guess what....It would get found out.....obviously your alive enough to come in here and personally attack my opinion...so bully for you.

tell me.....how many of your relatives have died....(strictly)....from the fukushima radiation....

Also i love sushi so if your really fortunate....I myself will die from radio-active sushi and you will be happy then.

Just because i don't think it is right to go spreading fear...because that is what governments do to brainwash people i choose not to live in fear.

I thank you for your reply...but is fukushima the GLOBAL disaster that these people in this vid would wish us to believe....nope.

Just a side note.....Electricity used to be something people were afraid of till we learned the tech and how to control it...as we get better and the tech advances...nuclear energy could actually be a life saver for mankind....so if one would prefer to live in the dark in fear....then that would be your choice....or you could just turn out the lights.

just as a side note....do you remember Bhopal....cause i do.....2000 die from a single DOW chemical plant leak.

edit on 053131p://f43Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 053131p://f47Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I tried at everything and failed at everything. Most of which due to discrimination. I haven't dated in Decades (who would date an unemployed-Loser-Atheist-Non-conformist-non-cell-phone-user-cheapskate in America Today?). That alone contributes to my wonderful outlook on life. (Haven't had sex in Decades, either!) It's just a struggle to survive. Neither the time nor the money to afford simple luxuries everyone takes for granted in America.

Orientals have been behind it all. Primarily through discrimination (stripping me of ever getting a local job). Now you're getting a small taste of their presence from a Big Reactor From Hell. Hopefully it will be a quicker death for you, and not a slow lingering degradation of life, reputation, and humanity stretched out across decades as it's been for me. In fact, I look forward to a nice big dosage of hard radiation to put me out of my misery.

Let me explain it to you, when there's no Job there is no Income and thereby there's no chance of ever
- r e m a i n i n g t w e l v e p a g e s c e n s o r e d b y m o d e r a t o r -

edit on 29-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

My apologies here for my error and I stand corrected and a Star for your correction of my incorrect post.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This thread is gone almost completely off the rails. But pay attention here. There are plane load after plane load of super sophisticated instruments being shipped from Washington State, over to Japan. My guess is that they have to figure out where this is all going. If someone builds a sarcophagus too quick,-----. Well, have any of you seen the flic, "The curse of the Mummy"?

Alternatively, the longer those rads stay in the Environments, the more chance there is for some plant to mobilize the radiation, and concentrate it a million fold. For you Geeks, that's 10 to the power of seven. Strawberries did exactly this, after one really big test in Nevada, back in the fifties. This million fold increase in background radiation was measured in Downer's Grove, Ill..

Just because the background radiation is very low, doesn't address which particles are out and about. Exposed to the right particles, and we have a very big problem, right here in the Western States.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join