It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army General: The Whole Northern Hemisphere is at Risk of Becoming Largely Uninhabitable

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
reply to post by The X

If it keeps the population down, this might actually be a good thing.

So long as YOU are not part of the cull ..eh?

Shakes head

Will you step forward and be the first to give up your cruisy life?

bet not...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by takemetoyourleader21
I can`t get anymore clear than that. Obviously you need to return to school which I am guessing is in America somewhere. Because if you were Japanese, you wouldn`t be trying to obscure my previous reply by simply assuming the role of Grammer Nazi. There.....are....a lot of...others who need....more grammar policing than....I do. And I think.....you know....who I mean because he no......doubt is a friend of......yours.

Not really I think you missed my point, I was only attempting to get you to realize that your point would have been better made (and some of it isn't exactly true) if you had calmed down, and proceeded a little nicer.

Yeah some of the responses about Nuclear Power are a little off in left field, it's hardly safe, and they didn't handle this situation correctly, but when I was there last month no-one, not one person on the street was talking about it, not one of my family members really seemed to pay it another thought, others from Japan on here have also said the same thing, life must go on, there's not a lot that can be done that isn't being done.

And they are in Choshi-shi, supposedly which has some majorly high level of radiation and everyone's dying by the truckload (according to this NaturalNews site the OP Used) I wished I had seen this mass die off of people, then I may believe that it's worse.

Also you say that NO Japanese person would leave their homeland and their ancestors. That's not true as well, maybe YOUR Wife's family wouldn't, but there are plenty of Japanese people that have no problem moving elsewhere if it were absolutely necessary to do so, I assume you are American, and married into a Japanese family. Good for you, it does not make you an expert on all things Japan, nor am I claiming to be an expert on all things Japan, for instance I couldn't tell you one iota of any roads and customs south of Tokyo-ken. Nor could I ever to expect to speak for every single last person in the country, however, you seem to be able to and you're doing it with a disrespect that would never be tolerated talking to anyone in Japan, which is my point.

As to the person you were sparring with initially, never seen them on here before this thread....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Good post OP S&F

I remember Chernobyl like it was yesterday and I do recall all of the worlds media jumping all over one reactor in melt down.
Now in japan there are several and possibly four going rouge and nothing in the news to speak of here in North America.
Makes you wonder why they could not cover the Russian meltdown fast enough but with Japan it is all quiet and we here in North America are getting the brunt of anything that has been emitted or will be.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is ridiculous.

I think a lot of us expect that this is being downplayed, and the corporate corruption behind it would be limiting the information getting out. In my opinion, where a corporate agenda exists, expect that 90% of what is released intentionally is complete BS.

If they tell you everything is fine, it's not. If they express concern, it's time to grab the bug out bag. If they admit that the proverbial has his the fan, you're dead already and they have nothing left to loose.

Anyone who is familiar with the decisions made after Chernobyl and the completely insane political games played risking hundreds of thousands of lives would know that nothing TEPCO or the Japanese government says can be trusted.

On the other hand, those releasing fear mongering rubbish like that contained in the links are probably doing more damage. It is certainly not as bad as is being rumored. Yes, it's still bad, and yes, there should be more action by our governments to force the correct choices to be made by Japan, but we are not on the edge of apocalypse as some of these people would have you believe.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Good post OP S&F

I remember Chernobyl like it was yesterday and I do recall all of the worlds media jumping all over one reactor in melt down.

Now in japan there are several and possibly four going rogue and nothing in the news to speak of here in North America.

Makes you wonder why they could not cover the Russian meltdown fast enough but with Japan it is all quiet and we here in North America are getting the brunt of anything that has been emitted or will be.

Regards, Iwinder

Greetings:

Correct as usual, my friend.

Thank you for all you do.

Perhaps this will add some clarification to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If you ask me I think their doing up these articles to sell more of those survival supplies and what not which are plastered in ads all over their website. (Now I'm only guessing) but it reminds me of the time they someone made this

and anti radiation or whateveryoucallem pills started selling like crazy all over the US.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Fukushima is no joke and has already released enough nuclear waste into our atmosphere to last decades. It will fall in low to medium level radioactive waste in the rain for decades, that's if no more is released. They have no plan of fixing it for several years, maybe. That also doesn't take into account any other natural or man made disaster affecting it. It's cumulative and will build in every living thing until it is abundant enough to make you ILL.

Children are the most susceptible unfortunately.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

reply to post by The X

If it keeps the population down, this might actually be a good thing.

So long as YOU are not part of the cull ..eh?

Shakes head

Will you step forward and be the first to give up your cruisy life?

bet not...

Forgive me, but I lead a very modest life. I've never impregnated a female--much less contributed to the overpopulation problem like many of the Korean and minority women in my town who have 4 to 6 kids Each.

I am a very saving person who believes 100% in recycling and not Wasting resources. Unlike my townspeople I do not drive a huge gas-guzzling SUV just to prove to my neighbors that I'm Big and Tough. Nor do I live in a bloated McMansion. I'm also the only person in my town who doesn't buy-buy-buy the latest toys like the other sheeple and am very much against wireless atrocities, nor do I contribute to the Waste they produce. I do not even own a cell phone.

There's very little I ask for in life, and for that matter, there's very little I Take from others on this planet. Others being those who are destroying it out of greed, carelessness, because their holy book tells them to breed like rabbits, or because They Simply Can.

edit on 27-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I wish this was just fear mongering but it really is not. Unit 4 at Fukushima is in danger of a collapse. Today I read a story about it and there was concern by authorities but not TEPCO about a bulge in the wall of the spent fuel pool.

This is the storage pool for the used fuel rods and if it fails it will release many more times the radioactive contamination the plants have released so far.The danger to Japanese citizens is more about internal contamination causing cancer.

I worked for 18 months in one of these plants so I understand how they are designed and some potential flaws.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

A NOTE FROM THE SOUTH: HAHA!!!

Geez I hope it wasn't put here already... PS from the south : DON'T come here

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Good post OP S&F

Now in japan there are several and possibly four going rouge and nothing in the news to speak of here in North America.
Regards, Iwinder

I repeat again and again, for the most stupid:
There was no Russian meltdown, Georgian , Moldovan etc.

Chernobyl is in Ukraine
The Ukrainians have made this an accident
I understand that it is difficult to get rid of bad habits to link all bad with Russian, but facts are facts:
Georgians live in Georgia
Moldova - Moldovans
Ukrainians in Ukraine,
in Russia - Russian
and God grant you call the Western Ukrainian -Russian, it's like Irishman to be called an Englishman

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
***snip***
In all fairness, Stubbledine graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering..
***snip***

UPS. I missed that one. Chemical engineering.

"Along with classes in chemistry, physics, math and computers, chemical engineering degree programs typically include course work in engineering-related subjects, such as heat and mass transfer, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and process design and control. Undergraduate students can also anticipate fulfilling general education requirements in social sciences or humanities."

Well that makes him an expert in nuclear physics.

I'm sorry I doubted his words.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
***snip***
Have a look at birth statistics for the last year, those unborn children that didn't make it, were north american children, heart attacks increase in the population as exposure increases across the board, ***snip***

On the other hand one might wonder if the cause could be something else.

Is 35.7% obesity among adults in America an indication of something more profoundly wrong?
17% among children and adolescent?

Edit:
If you want to see scary - not even fear mongering - look at this official statistics

I think we should look carefully before we start pointing fingers...
edit on 28-5-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

The root of all evil is Fukushima. I mean just look at that word "Fu*k You"-shima. If that's not evil I don't know what is. Orientals alone match the descriptions in the old scriptures of demonic beings, what with their evil jet black hair, yellow complexions, and those demonic eyes of hell... Not to mention their short stature, buck teeth, and unspeakable foods. Decades ago before the rise of political correctness, there was this thing called the Yellow Peril. It should not be forgotten so quickly...

edit on 26-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: drinking TOO MUCH! BAD BAD drinks

I am so glad I didn't see this yesterday.. I would have really blown up, how is a natural disaster effecting a human made structure correlated to some hateful racist idea? Please explain, I am all ears...
edit on 28-5-2012 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Chernobyl is in Ukraine
I understand that it is difficult to get rid of bad habits to link all bad with Russian, but facts are facts:
Moldova - Moldovans
Ukrainians in Ukraine,
in Russia - Russian
and God grant you call the Western Ukrainian -Russian, it's like Irishman to be called an Englishman

Russians are Russians.

The fact that the capital of Russia has moved around Russia (or what's called "Russia" to me) over the centuries speaks for itself.

I was in Georgia once and they're all Americans, despite the southern accent. Ditto for North Carolina/South Carolina: Americans. Not North Carolinans or South Carolinans.

This guy's probably call bums in New York, New Yorkians and guys from New Jersey "Jerseyans".

Must be the new politically correct talk. $10 says he's one of these Blacks = African Americans & Indians = Native Americans gushers! DARE say something different and one is Racist! Hey, are Whites, uh uh uh...American-Americans?

P.S. I'm not Russian, I'm not Ukrainian, I'm not American. I'm...New Jerseyan!
I just happen to be born in America and speak English!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

The root of all evil is Fukushima. I mean just look at that word "Fu*k You"-shima. If that's not evil I don't know what is. Orientals alone match the descriptions in the old scriptures of demonic beings, what with their evil jet black hair, yellow complexions, and those demonic eyes of hell... Not to mention their short stature, buck teeth, and unspeakable foods. Decades ago before the rise of political correctness, there was this thing called the Yellow Peril. It should not be forgotten so quickly...

edit on 26-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: drinking TOO MUCH! BAD BAD drinks

I am so glad I didn't see this yesterday.. I would have really blown up, how is a natural disaster effecting a human made structure correlated to some hateful racist idea? Please explain, I am all ears...
edit on 28-5-2012 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

Two things: 1. Read the Editedby bit. 2. It's Personal.
Personal as in Orientals being responsible for taking away jobs and careers and indirectly leading to Firing since it's prettier to have an Asian instead of an American working in a certain company for the sake of IMAGE. Had I the time on this offtopic subject matter, I'd go back to WWII and explain how my father was nearly killed at Okinawa by Japanese. How my typical American hometown was bought out and taken over by Orientals, right down to "George Washington Slept Here" type historical monuments being bulldozed over to make room for McMansions staffed by Orientals so they can have extra-large swimming pools in their back yards. And screw-you to American history! I'd also tell you how my girl ditched me, etc. etc. etc. Well, she was never "my girl" and she got raped by a Jap so that's nobody's business now. Just past history best forgotten. And how this country's become Japan's #1 Bitch-slave. Soon English will no longer being the leading language where I'm coming from, because of the sell-out whores who took over the town's council and paved the way for them.

Again, all off-topic. It's Personal. In ways you Just Won't Understand. And it's SO EASY to just plop me into the "racist" category, like that's Reason for Everything when it's become a struggle to survive and my life's gone down the toilet. Again, you live a comfty life and you just Wouldn't Understand. My dreams are Gone.

Maybe some of that Fukcyou reactor radiation is a Good Thing. It's just too bad it couldn't have happened much earlier Before everything I cared about got trashed. Moving back to Japan NOW isn't going to make much of a difference after the Damage has been done to my town, my country, my job, and my lifestyle.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

At the risk of having to large a quote in my reply:

I had family affected by WW2 in adverse ways as well. I do not hold anyone today responsible for the sins of the past, if I did, well I'd have huge chips i'd never be getting rid of. Should I hate Scottish people because I was raped by ONE at age 13? no.. Because I know not all Scottish people are like that. Or I could go into all the young (age 12 and under) Japanese girls that have been raped over the years by American servicemen, but that again is not representative of the country as a whole so it's quite irrelevant.

I live a comfy life? No not really, but I don't blame any one group over another for why. As for the "orientals" taking over your town? You mentioned Koreans in one post and you are lumping them in with Japanese as if they are somehow the same group of people??? They aren't, and traditionally, the Korean society has been closer to Chinese than Japanese. As for the George Washington Slept Here, i find that amusing because 90% of the places that claim to have hosted him actually didn't and if it had been a historically significant place, Federal regs would have prevented it's destruction. I've lived most of my life in the United States, done my bit for king and country time and time again, and fought to help out whenever I could, I really love it when people ditch one type of person over another because it shows how little we actually have evolved over the past 60 years.

As for losing your job? Blame the CEO's of the companies, and the shareholders some of which may be *newsflash* Americans..... the horror..

But I still fail to see how any of it relates to a Natural Disaster causing this and the problems created by said disaster?

(on a personal note I had 5 or 6 family members vaporised in WW2 when the Atomic Bomb was dropped, it does not mean I condemn all Americans for that, it was a war the last time I checked, and in war bad things happen.)
edit on 28-5-2012 by vkey08 because: clarity on the confusion

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Chernobyl is in Ukraine
Moldova - Moldovans
Ukrainians in Ukraine,
in Russia - Russian

Russians are Russians.

The fact that the capital of Russia has moved around Russia (or what's called "Russia" to me) over the centuries speaks for itself.

I was in Georgia once and they're all Americans, despite the southern accent. Ditto for North Carolina/South Carolina: Americans. Not North Carolinans or South Carolinans.

This guy's probably call bums in New York, New Yorkians and guys from New Jersey "Jerseyans".

Must be the new politically correct talk. $10 says he's one of these Blacks = African Americans & Indians = Native Americans gushers! DARE say something different and one is Racist! Hey, are Whites, uh uh uh...American-Americans?

P.S. I'm not Russian, I'm not Ukrainian, I'm not American. I'm...New Jerseyan!
I just happen to be born in America and speak English!

u dnt know even that Georgia is country on Caucasus founded 2000yrs ago
Ukraine never was part of Russia,but Russia was part of Ukaine 1000yrs ago
Ukrainian have own Ukrainian language
Russian mainly dnt understand Ukraianian language
Russian n Ukrainian have different national cultures

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Georgia's also a State as in the United States of America.

What's your Point?
What are you trying to Say?

The Ukraine is populated by Russians. They speak Russian.

Want me to criticize your "u dnt know" and correct it to "You don't know"?

I've got better things to do with my time, sorry! My time may be running out in many ways.

edit on 28-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: Captain's Log, Supplemental...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

1. If it was JUST about World War II, I could live with that. Had you been reading about my life's struggles, however, you know that this is but the tip of the iceberg.

2. Japanese, Korean, what's the difference. They're the same lot to me and they'll be the first to unite. When it comes to choosing any of these guys By these guys vs. some sickly-pale white guy in "their" new town, I Always get the shaft. That's called Discrimination, incidentally, except in my case I'M the minority being discriminated Against. Maybe if was fluent in their language things would be Slightly better for me. But I didn't think I had to learn anything except English just to hang on to a half-decent job, growing up here in the heart of the U.S. of A. Seems to me, from my obviously warped and bigoted and highly irrational perspective, that when Asians colonize America they should learn, speak, and write English rather than speak their own tongue to Everyone and put up signs in their shops Written in their own tongue. They Refuse to assimilate into American culture--rather, they want Us to assimilate Theirs. But, like I said, I'm obviously just this low-IQ redneck loser who doesn't know better. Shame on me for being politically INcorrect.

3. I didn't steer this thread off-topic, the other guy's did and this just cruised along. Like a turd in a jetstream.

4. Because of my financial situation, I can no longer afford all of my medications. That includes the pills for my triglycerides, blood pressure, and allergies. Sue me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join