It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Stop a Bully?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have been in Muay thai for 8 years, Since i was 7. I have always been quiet in school, Never played school sport's or had many friends, because i can entertain myself pretty darn easily. Well sure enough, Freshman year. This thug tried to beat me up for saying "EFF YOU" after the millionth time of me saying i wouldnt give him a dollar. Boy did i have at it with him... Nobody found out about the fight and i wasnt going to boast myself in school. but he never looked at me straight in the eye's again.

Moral of the story: Give the bully an asswipin and see if he ever does it again.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I was bullied in school and discovered the same thing that most of the responders did: To stop the bullying, you have to fight back. The difference is that I was relatively small and sickly with no martial arts training and a desire for peace, flowers and butterflies, so I couldn't deck the bullies, but it didn't matter. Once I decided to throw a punch back, even though it didn't seem to hurt them, and even though they immediately hit back hard, the bullying stopped. And that's what I've taught my kids, besides allowing them to get black belts in Tae Kwon Do. That, by the way, taught them the art of not reacting violently, but gave them the confidence to know that, if they chose, they could win any fight.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Learn a great self defense system, learn to stay calm under a tense and often violent situation. Then when they beak you, touch you or otherwise. Teach him what you have learned.

My first bully ended up with a broken nose, cracked forearm and a very painful torn urethra from a greatly placed heel kick.

After that, no more bullies

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
How about we staff our schools with teachers and principals with the authority and stones enough to smack the crap out of ill-behaviored punks?
Pick on a kid and get caught? Then you get your bare butt switched in front of the entire school. Hey it will only take a few instances of that and nobody will want to be a bully.
That fear of being a bully will carry along into adulthood.

Of course we can't spank our kids right? That would be abuse right?

edit: It shouldn't be the responsibility of the poor kid being bullied to provide the solution. The ones being bullied for the most part will be too scared to fight back.
Instead of No Child Left Behind, why not Tan All Bullies' Behinds ?

edit on 27-5-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Another thing that can be done is to re-insert morality and ethics back into the curriculum. Teach things like charity and humility and the rewards of that behavior.

Teach them about Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness and why it is wrong to infringe upon someone else's rights.

Teach them that there are consequences for behavior and actions; emphasize the bad consequences like jail and punishment, but also highlight the good consequences like rewards for hard work and effort.

Stop teaching the kids as batches of numbers and statistics, and start teaching them as important individual humans.

Stop freaking about the words "Under God" in the Pledge. Leave that alone and focus on what is more important; like the children themselves.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think it depends a lot on the situation.
If it's something you can walk away from, then walk away. If not, then sometimes you have to fight.
For kids, it's best to go to an adult. If they don't help, try another, if they don't help, sometimes you have to stand up and start swinging, unfortunately.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
How about we staff our schools with teachers and principals with the authority and stones enough to smack the crap out of ill-behaviored punks?
Pick on a kid and get caught? Then you get your bare butt switched in front of the entire school. Hey it will only take a few instances of that and nobody will want to be a bully.
That fear of being a bully will carry along into adulthood.

Of course we can't spank our kids right? That would be abuse right?

edit: It shouldn't be the responsibility of the poor kid being bullied to provide the solution. The ones being bullied for the most part will be too scared to fight back.
Instead of No Child Left Behind, why not Tan All Bullies' Behinds ?

edit on 27-5-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

I hate to say it, but if they brought the paddle back, it would help a lot. The teachers and administrators are so limited as to what they can do. Then you have some teachers that shouldn't be teachers and a lot of administrators that shouldn't be administrators and the good teachers and administrators suffer because of them.
It's a never ending spiral sometimes.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I was always taught to never start a fight, but if there was no choice, I'd better finish it. It's the last resort, but if you have to do it, do it right.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
Hello ATS,

There is an increase in bullying behavior, it would seem. Part of the problem undoubtedly stems from difficult times around us, but bullying was always there.

We seem to focus a lot on individual cases, etc., as there are many dimensions to this: be it child, or an adult, the same phenomenon under different names.

Detecting a bully is rather easy, if not patently obvious. Some would claim they are psychopaths, some would say they are lost souls, some would claim that bullies are victims themselves.

The question remains: how do you stop a bully?

What do you think?

Cheers!

The thing that always worked for me is to stand up for myself and fight back. When one fights back then that person becomes too much of a hassle to bother with, but as long you do nothing then nothing will ever change.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Look it's an obvious point, the villain must be beaten.But don't just leave the person like that find out why by asking what is wrong with them.If you're the "Metro" type culture and you think fighting is wrong then sue the parents.Or go beat them up. Just don't let your kid be a psychological slave all their lives to bullies whenever they should meet them.The won't talk to girls,become reclusive.....shoot up schools,become serial killers the list is indeed long.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by J-in-TX
I don't think that there is actually an increase in bullying behavior. I think there is an increase in wimpy kids that can't handle it.

I agree and will go one further...they are coddled and defended by parents who think they're helping them when they (the parents) whine about every playground tiff or bad grade, which makes the kids weaker and less self-sufficient. There was plenty of bullying when I was growing up, you just didn't hear about it as much.

I don't tolerate bullying of any kind but don't come to the rescue every time I hear about it. I try to let my kids sort it out, decide whether to walk away or stand their ground and hope they make the right decision. If in the future they don't, we will talk about how to handle these situations.
edit on 27-5-2012 by RoyBatty because: typo

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I found this on youtube but I wouldn't use this method myself.

edit on 27-5-2012 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Most often bully's use the reptilitan brain. Words won't cut it but always give them a warning to opt out and learn. If they don't then stand your ground firmly, put fear aside and talk to them the only way they understand..............land base them so that they feel the pain that they constantly inflict on other's. Make sure you knock them down, stand over them as a message. Ask them if they like being hurt and assaulted just like they do to other's. Let them know you are watching their every move against those they oppress.

That should do it. It worked for me every time!
edit on 27-5-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

By bodyslamming them into the ground like this kid

link   

link   

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You have all your friends gang up on them and do the justice that is needed to get that person to stop and keep saying to them. Now you know what it feels like. Cheers, yfah.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I DON'T DO Bullying. It doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.
You feel like you're getting bullied? Hit my ass up.
Problem solved

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I naturally have a sensitive, soft heart, and was always a target, no matter where I went. At first, in my youngest childhood years, I just took it because I thought it was normal. Around middle school, I got fed up and got extremely angry, and started kicking some serious ass, and my heart hardened a little. Now, I just got out of high school, and I'm a hardcore punk--spikes, chains, blood red hair, and a badass attitude. No one F***s with me now

But, I don't recommend using anger like I did, because it blinds you, and you end up hurting a lot of people around you who AREN'T your targets, usually without realizing it, or caring. Always stay calm. Don't be a snitch, telling on your bully every second he or she gives you an evil glare, but if things get too serious, keep a teacher, or preferably, a counselor, informed about it a little (but find an even ground (you don't want it to get dragged out regarding the teachers and parents, for obvious reasons).

But at the same time, you can scare the hell out of people without anger, the way I did through high school... just by having a silent, dark disposition, spikes, chains, a pocket knife, and a black trench coat, with an apathetic snake-like glare to match

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I'm sorry buddy I took martial arts and that sure did help my anger.Try not to scare the "Norms" and maintain as best you can.But you were a hostage.and an extended anger is the result.If you had been totally oppressed it could have been sociopath time.If you are having too much trouble,get your butt into combat arms.Better to use it that it use you my friend.
I do know.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join