It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Stop a Bully?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

Yeah well our bullies are some of the world's finest. Just look at the prison population.

And they're fat....comparatively speaking.

edit on 5/27/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Walking away is the best option but sometimes that only emboldens them. When this happens...you have to make a decision. That being either stand your ground or call for help. I despise Bully's and since i am very capable of taking care of myself...I will stare them down. Not everyone can do this so walking away if you can is a good idea.
Split Infinity

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
You have to "snap" and grab a bat.

Take one knee out.

The bully is no longer a bully.

Works every time.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Tell your wee yin to stick there thumb in the bully's eye, n twist a little, it will pop right out and probably blind the fool. Problem solved Glasgow style! You need to make your kid understand that you dont take crap from anybody in this verse.
edit on 27-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Just finished reading through this thread, Very interesting. But there are many posters who have not been bullied since "high school" Imo,
When your an adult and your being bullied thats completly different, Because you believe in logical behaviour and your a disciplined adult, So dealing with a socipathic/narcasisic w****r is tough work as i found out the tough way, Trust me the victim gets the tougher time for "rocking the boat" , The bully gets the "pc" treatment and all said and done you the victim feels let down by the system, Purley because your a disciplined individual, And your seen as the weak link in managments eyes, (Im talking about workplace bulling).

But take heart the system does work albeit very slowly, Use the police they are very good at dealing with this sort of problem and very supportive,

Remember its a sort of phycological warfare and never ever resort to violant means it just demeans you as a person and takes a little somthing good from you, Just my thoughts on this pandemic (and tolerated by TPTB) issue...

And never feel ashamed of your "survival" behaviour, Why should you as a grown developted adult ..

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Yeah, yeah, I was "picked" on in schools. I was quite shy during those days, so I just ignored it. I'm here, 62 years of age and pretty darn sane. I'm alive and happy.

Tolerance! hahaha! You don't tolerate someone bullying you ... learn how to stand up for yourself. I was about 18 when a boy picked a fight with me. I blocked his first 2 punches, then got him one good over his eye. Yep, he bled. You know what? That 6' tall boy didn't hit this 5'2" girl again!

Kids needs to be taught to stand up for themselves. Bullying has been around for a long, long time. What exactly are parents teaching their kids to do? Cry and run home just doesn't work. Tell an adult what's going on. If that doesn't work, learn to box, learn to kick ... defend yourself and don't be a wuss!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

Yes,is that so unusual?There is daycare for babies in kindergartens.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Some interesting replies and schools of thought . Your high school bully is a different player than a grown up bully . Which , as id d by petreus earlier , is the key .Each is different yet similar too .

Who the bully is , his own traits , here are his own weaknesses .

This is why they say , know your enemy.

Draw a line from petty controlling behaviours and degradation , through threatening and obstructive behaviours , harassment , verbal abuse , deprivation , terrorism , beatings , physical punishment , torture , towards molestation ( defined.continual and chronic harassment) , depravities , medical torture , and all the way up to war crimes , human attrocity and genocides . Further up , geocide .

With this in mind , where is any particular bullies on this scale ?

Any bully will ask / encourage you to use illegal measures in self defence . DO NOT .

Use strictly legal measures at any level . That way , its only ever you who rings the police or even the psychs . As a LAST RESORT

As you'll be likely be calling a whole new league of unpredictable , bastardising bullies . Lets not go there either then..

Regarding the reaction / behaviours of ones own psychology , while generally bullying remains long term and psychological , and at the same time , physical events tend to be of snappish and sporadic occurence , is of importance . The reasons for this are that any bully or combinations of them can have a long term wearing effect . Your showing stress and vulnerabilities is a primary reaction the bully seeks , he wishes to exploit these signs of his effect on you . Show no effect from the bully , ignore him . Say nothing .

In this case then , a steely nerve , or at least a show of one , is number 1 every time in your defence .
Skill in martial arts boosts confidence , and crucially , crucially , your lung capacity . When any confrontation approaches , could be any time , draw good breaths before it happens . Quietly , and without being noticed , if possible , take air first , lots of it , as much as you can . It may be hard , but draw breath , have it first .

You are now , five times more ready than when you first saw that bully coming . And likely more ready than he is . This is for many many physiological and psychological reasons . Reaction times soar , strength is well up etc about 45 seconds after the practise .

Another good one , other to learn , but stretch . When you see him , stretch out arms , yawn , lean and stretch . It will show you're a moving target , among other things , maybe he is a lazy bully today .etc .

Also , with any bully , remind yourself , your intelligence and self-preception is greater than his .
Your understanding of this life and shared environment , is more advanced .

And remember you retain the legal and moral high ground , he is the one who will ultimately , in the end , have to feel bad . Everyone has a conscience , a sense of guilt , everyone . Everyone has mental , and physical , health issues of one kind or another , at some time in their lives . Not being a bully yourself is a good way , in the long run , to not get bullied . Show some compassion and forgiveness and you may gain a friend . That measure which you can serve of these things to others will be visited back upon you at some other point .

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Punch him right between the eyes.

One good punch upside the head
usually does the trick... If they have
friends of there is more then one, carry
a taser,

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
reply to post by MonteroReal

Yeah well our bullies are some of the world's finest. Just look at the prison population.

And they're fat....comparatively speaking.

edit on 5/27/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

comparatively speaking to what complete bull crap?

All the guys in prison i know get huge but
not in a fat sense in a, there is nothing
to do but workout, and the bigger you are
the tougher you look.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
reply to post by adnachiel21

I went to kindergarten from when I was 9 months old until first grade

You started kindergarten when you were only nine months old ??

i think they let her out too early. She was in kindergarten from 9 months to first grade... LOL. SEND HER BACK!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Originally posted by sith9157
reply to post by adnachiel21

I went to kindergarten from when I was 9 months old until first grade

You started kindergarten when you were only nine months old ??

i think they let her out too early. She was in kindergarten from 9 months to first grade... LOL. SEND HER BACK!

Even I would pick on a 9 month old
in k3

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Even I would pick on a 9 month old in k3

Bully for you.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Do you have a problem?I didn't specify when the bullying happened,only that is was in kindergarten.On a thread about bullying you act like one.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
HAHA a nice firm baseball bat to the kneecap will work if nothing else does

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There is an old proverb: The wolves know who to eat. Bullies are cowards because they usually pick a victim they sense wont fight back. They psychologically torture their victims for pleasure. Personally, I think its a criminal act and should be treated as one. When an adult assaults an adult, the police can file charges. When a kid gets assaulted by other kids, usually nothing happens. Bullies should be dealt with harshly. Personally in the school setting, I think there should be a three strikes your out policy. Bully another student 3 times and you are permanently expelled from school. Period.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
The question remains: how do you

There's a lot of subtle non verbal communication going on. If the victim can control that part and express the idea the bully nor anyone else has any chance of making their mind move bullies will usually not try it.

With moving the mind I mean the victim believes the bullies words to be true and acts upon it, the bully sees the victim can be influenced, that he is weaker and takes advantage of this. Victims need to learn how not to give meaning to the bullies words, the more meaning and importance they give it in their own mind, the likely it is they attract bullies.

Watching the victim's mind turn against itself because of the bullies words is the most satisfying thing for any bully as it implies power. Usually bullies have little self control, that is why they feel bad a lot of the time but while they are exerting control over others they feel they have some control or power, the distraction alone makes them forgot about their own problems.

There are those who would proceed getting physical but in that case it's either up to the victim to take up a martial arts or any self defense or getting a spywatch, record the whole thing and sue the bully. The victim should never expect the bully to change as a person, especially not try to change them. Hoping the other will change and become a nicer person is a kind of weakness also, being dependent on anothers will to change, better to just make sure never get involved with bullies.
edit on 27/5/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

edit on 27-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join