It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Twice Mistakenly Mentions ‘My Sons,' While Defending Contraception Mandate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
one of the bad sides about liberals is that they make it exceptionally hard to express viewpoints that disagree with their own. So best of luck to you.

Stop it. Stop making it like poor old neo is being assaulted for just having a plain old American opinion.

He is not. He is lying and twisting facts in order to meet his agenda.

He is allowed to hate on Obama all he wants. All I am asking is that he sticks to actaul facts, not distortions or lies. Its not that neo's viewpoint disagrees with me and so I censor him, its that he is outright lying and spreading political propaganda.

Deny ignorance, right?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Yo the facts were presented in the op right along with that link and that opinion.

Who is lying?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

edit on 26-5-2012 by neo96 because: double post

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Autumnal

just say "I autumnal, am a lover of communism and not free discussion"

there... don't you feel better?

Just because you have ONE opinion does not mean the rest of the world cannot DISCUSS a topic!

thank you for your cooperation and taking part in learning what free discussion is all about! It is NOT only one particular viewpoint, that you happen to agree with...

got it?
edit on 25-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

I asked you to quote the entire sentence and try this argument. I also said you would not even try doing such a thing. You know you are full of it and that is why you won't do it. So...both of us knowing you are full of crap pretty much means furthering this conversation with you is pointless.

When you or Neo are man enough to quote the entire sentence and try this crap this might get interesting.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Hmm... well I agree in this case he might have accidentally misinterpreted things, but he has other threads. What I mean by this is, he does mention his sons, but he is talking hypothetically.

However, you do have a point there.
edit on 26-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks Obama "mistakenly" called his daughters "sons" is either a complete dumbass or a partisan hack.

Take your pick people...neither is flattering.

This should be in the HOAX bin...there was no mistake...it was part of the speech. Just political trolls trying to stir the pot...but wait...I thought ATS was putting a stop to that

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Thats pretty weak dude. If you want convince me - or anybody- that Obama was mind controlling us then your going to have to do more than speculate about his grammar and vocabulary.

When you have a case with evidence I will be happy to change my views accordingly and admit I was wrong.
edit on 26-5-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Oh please show me where I ever made a claim of brainwashing...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Why not use "our" daughters and "our" sons? Why "my"?

Because he was speaking for himself.
Did any of you actually listen to or read what he said?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
He got his word's twisted, happens to me on occasion. Happens to alot of people. Sometimes people mess up with their jobs. Part of his job is to give speeches so yeah.

Presidents never get their words twisted. Everything they say is scripted and for a reason.

Even all the "dumb" things George W said were for a reason. A "stupid" President who is incapable of answering difficult questions comes in very handy.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Autumnal

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Why not use "our" daughters and "our" sons? Why "my"?

Because he was speaking for himself.
Did any of you actually listen to or read what he said?

I did...so I am wondering what you are asking. Regardless of what others have seemingly clumped me into, I made an assessment based of what was said and that it wasn't a mistake and out of context.

I just honestly asked, why use "my" and not the more inclusive "our" or "your"?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I just honestly asked, why use "my" and not the more inclusive "our" or "your"?

It's a good question. Most politicians attempt to be inclusive when they are making speeches, drawing people into the proposition.
Some political figures(Kim il Sung) tend to look at the citizens as belonging to them.... 'My people' ,' My armed forces', 'My sons'......

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Obama admitted to using drugs, but never admitted that he stopped using them.

Could be the problem.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Sounds to me like deep down he wants to have sons along with daughters.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
maby barry soetoro has got son's

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why would you want to watch a video of Bush when you said this thread was about Obama ... and still to this day Bush>O
edit on 26-5-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
yawn

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Anyone who thinks Obama "mistakenly" called his daughters "sons" is either a complete dumbass or a partisan hack.

Take your pick people...neither is flattering.

This should be in the HOAX bin...there was no mistake...it was part of the speech. Just political trolls trying to stir the pot...but wait...I thought ATS was putting a stop to that

I must admit, I finally began to agree with you, until you said, "Just political trolls....".

I do agree that the OP was taken way out of context. As much as I dislike our current President (as well as the two or three before him) as I am an equal opportunity hater. You calling anyone a political troll, truely had me spitting out my beer laughing! Thanks Outcast! You made my day!

Pot meet kettle!:duh

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
He did not call his daughters his sons. He said his daughters have a right to chose just as his sons(if he had some) would.

Did you even watch the video?

Funny how the OP totally ignored this comment.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I really do love the person attacks in this thread see how that works?

Obama can say whatever the hell he wants no big deal but how dare anyone else say something bad!

The partisan hackery has been shown rather well through this thread.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Jumping Jesus! Neo, I think YOU need to be "Further explored" you have to be one of those Bush asks us about:
"Is our children learning?" the head of the CIA and President of the US slips up about the New World Order on TV. Earlier he does a free advertisement for "the most addictive drug in the world." Crack! While his CIA minions smuggle it into Calif.
But Obama "possibly" has sons because he slips in his speech. Priorities here Neo, unless your priority is to smear the Left with weak sauce and ignore a total take over of our economy by radical idiots on the Right for 30 years.
Lame. I invite everyone to look over Neo's past posts to see the gymnastics in logic and twisted truth to prove his agenda.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join