It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Twice Mistakenly Mentions ‘My Sons,' While Defending Contraception Mandate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

The fact remains OBama has no sons rather odd comment for anyone who doesn't have them to make.

I really do love the hypocrisy here which is said Neo don't attack the potus but then people turn right around and attack the poster.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Who wrote this article?

cnsnews.com...

Who?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It doesn't matter who wrote it.

The fact that you post things daily pertaining to anything Obama negative without doing any investigating yourself on the matter shows that you are neither objective nor to be taken seriously.
- We all know what your deal is around here. We aren't attacking you. We're trying to show you the error of your ways. Obama has plenty to bash. Try keeping it authentic is all. Deny ignorance rather than make Magda, Joe and the kids applaud for you from the other side.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

No what matters here is the non stop attack of the thread author for whatever reason and are making unfounded claims to "back up" their opinions.

There you go folks bash neo but its ok not to bash OBama.
edit on 25-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Bash Obama till your heart is content, man.
We're merely asking that the material or subject at hand be ACTUAL. To have substance.

This article has zero substance. No mistake was made. Therefore the thread should not have been.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You're putting words in people's mouths. No one is saying "it's not okay to bash Obama". They're only pointing out to you the sheer folly of this particular 'bash Obama' thread. Did you even READ what it was Obama had said, or did you see another partisan site attacking Obama for whatever reason and just ran with it?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
How about reading the last few pages of this thread

Non stop character assassination of the the thread author.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Dude you're priceless! Character Assassination!

Poor victim. (with over 300 threads pointing at Obama being a Muslim Amerika killer)
edit on 25-5-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Dude you're priceless! Character Assassination!

Poor victim. (with over 300 threads pointing at Obama being a Muslim Amerika killer)

Wanna quote that?

Go one quote that :

(with over 300 threads pointing at Obama being a Muslim Amerika killer)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sarcasm.

I was being sarcastic toward you because you made me literally choke while laughing.

Point being that you Assassinate the president's character probably twice a day on Abovetopsecret.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

The fact remains OBama has no sons rather odd comment for anyone who doesn't have them to make.

He never said he had sons. Not odd if you actually understood what he was saying. Think about the context.

Maybe I was wrong, and you are simply misunderstanding in your feverish desire to bash. Whatever this thread will probably go on for pages....

edit on 5/25/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Oh so its sacasm eh?

Others would call that a straight up lie or "misunderstanding" or whatever else they want to call it hell maybe illiterate.

Rather easy that is.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Oh so its sacasm eh?

Others would call that a straight up lie.

Not the ones around here. They're laughing too because they have to filter through all those BS threads of yours too.
They know exactly what time it is.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Opinions will vary and everyone has one what makes yours so special?

Second and the people who put me here don't share that opinion

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Those who share your political opinion does not in any way validate the content of your threads.

I have seen countless threads where ppl just add stars when they agree with the post.

For heavens sake, birther threads sometimes get countless stars.

"Who put me here" ????
Put you where? Where is it exactly that you think you are?
Are you suggesting that you're a more valuable member or something? Where is it that you're alluding to?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
..is this thread a joke? I mean he obviously did not mean it the way the OP is saying.

He/she can't be that dense?

Oh wait it is NEO...
explains it all.

Was there not a thread recently about how liberals make threads about non issues when it concerns conservatives?
If I am not mistaken...even if this was true...would this not be considered a non issue?

Did this poster no participate in that thread?
edit on 25-5-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
While this whole thing is strictly splitting hairs, you have to realize he is not just talking off the cuff in campaign speeches. Speechwriters carefully write these. It would have been more proper for him to say, "OUR daughters will have the same economic rights as OUR sons".

No father, after raising daughters, and only daughters, for 14 years would somehow mistakenly refer to "my sons" in any way, shape or form. So some kind of off the cuff stumble is out of the question. And highly experienced speechwriters, masters of propaganda and brainwashing, Spin Doctors as it were, do not make mistakes like that in speeches they labor over for hours.

Obama has proven to be a master of the teleprompter, always reading everything off perfectly with nary a stutter. I'm real good at that, too, because I can read much faster than I can speak. So there is no way he would accidentally say MY when the teleprompter said OUR. So...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I will agree that this is being taken out of context but honestly, regardless of the politician, I don't want them trying to speak to me like they are my daddy and he is looking out for me.

This isn't anything...just odd choice of phraseology in trying to convey his message is all I hear.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Speechwriters carefully write these. It would have been more proper for him to say, "OUR daughters will have the same economic rights as OUR sons".

Exactly. The choice made to say "my" for both, daughters (in which is very proper) and then saying "my" for sons, just seems like it is a reinforcement that Government is their caregiver, their reason they are alive.

Now that angle, I could go with, but the one the OP stated -- and the one that the "news" is pushing, is playing games.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
I will agree that this is being taken out of context but honestly, regardless of the politician, I don't want them trying to speak to me like they are my daddy and he is looking out for me.

This isn't anything...just odd choice of phraseology in trying to convey his message is all I hear.

I think you just about summed it up. I admit it is odd but it fits with Obama "The Speaker" and the wordsmith. Its subtle and almost subliminal if it were not pointed out directly. It is certainly a planned "error"/tactic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join