It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Twice Mistakenly Mentions ‘My Sons,' While Defending Contraception Mandate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

...it's called being human. Everyone does that occasionally. Stop making something out of nothing.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Sorry the last potus wasn't allowed to be human and we are going to hold the current potus to the same standards that were set for the last one.

After all America is all about fair share fair play and fair criticism.
edit on 25-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There's a difference between a couple slip ups like EVERYONE has, and making them every time you speak. You can't seriously be comparing the two.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

I guess I was just playing with it like the time Dan Quayle was crucified for spelling the word 'potato' incorrectly.
That was a big deal though, even though the dictionary listed his alternative as correct, it was all over the networks.

Oh, I almost forgot....

Stop making something out of nothing

Yes, your highness!

edit on 25-5-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

“We don’t need another political fight about ending a woman’s right to choose, or getting rid of Planned Parenthood or taking away affordable birth control. We don’t need that. I want women to control their own health choices, just like I want my daughters to have the same economic opportunities as my sons. We’re not turning back the clock. We’re not going back there.”

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that statement - and NO he did not "mistakenly refer to his daughters as his sons". "CNSnews" obviously does not comprehend the English language very well.

A person who is advocating gender equality might say "I want my daughters to have the same opportunities as my sons" - even if that person has no children, the statement itself is valid and makes perfect sense. At least to people with a modicum of common sense who aren't bent on partisan sniping.

In this case Obama is clearly advocating gender equality between “sons” and “daughters”.

Obvious attempt at belittling Obama backfires and only shows biased partisan Web site doesn't comprehend proper use the English language.

edit on 25-5-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Takes a partisan to know a partisan and what they are saying is they are the only one who get to criticize anyone.

And sorry people If one side gets to trash talk the other side gets to trash talk, and if people don't like it too bad

If this thread is so beneath your time or "intelligence" why contribute to something so "worthless"

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
More lies from Neo96 to make it seem like OMG DEMOCRATS IS TEH EVILIST EVER OH NOES.

Honestly, Im all for free speech, but when someone repeatedly lies, what are you supposed to do with them?

For criminy's sake, Boncho is being the voice of reason on this thread!! What the heck man.....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
OMG, there unsubstantiated rumors that GWB did coc aine!!! Let's have a full blown media blitz.

Obama admits it in his book, oh well.... Ho hum, whatever.

Something/Nothing.....
edit on 25-5-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Make the claim back it up or attack other posters is all you can do?

After all:

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the topic:

Obama Twice Mistakenly Mentions ‘My Sons,' While Defending Contraception Mandate

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama did not "Twice Mistakenly Mentions ‘My Sons' ", as in he somehow (according to you and CNSnews) confused the gender of his genetic offspring. What he DID do, was make a statement that advocated gender equality. He could also have said he "wants OUR daughters to have the same opportunities as OUR sons", it would have been as proper as saying he "wants his daughters to have the same opportunities as his sons".

This thread is an epic fail, and shows someone's lack of literacy.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Sorry i can't read wanna sign that instead?

Second.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Another Neocon flunked attempt.

This one is piss poor. I'm sorry, but wow!

No mistake was made at all.
I don;t even think you heard the man speak. You're just regurgitating what you read.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Well how about making a comment as to why it fails instead of taking a pot shot at another poster

Here is the topic:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Did you happen to notice the first reply to your thread? Just in case you missed it...

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
He did not call his daughters his sons. He said his daughters have a right to chose just as his sons(if he had some) would.

Did you even watch the video?

How can anyone debate people who don't care if they're right or not? It's cool to bash the pres., but let's at least be honest about it. And no I'm not an Obama supporter, but obvioulsy for very different reasons than you.

So many misunderstandings flying around because people fail to understand what they read or hear. Those misunderstandings spread like a disease.

edit on 5/25/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This thread should be in the HOAX bin. Obama did not "mistakenly" claim he had sons. He made a perfectly valid statement.

“We don’t need another political fight about ending a woman’s right to choose, or getting rid of Planned Parenthood or taking away affordable birth control. We don’t need that. I want women to control their own health choices, just like I want my daughters to have the same economic opportunities as my sons. We’re not turning back the clock. We’re not going back there.”

He's only stating that his daughters (or anyone's daughters) should have the same opportunities as his sons (or anyone's sons).

Take a remedial English class, sheesh.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by spinalremain

Well how about making a comment as to why it fails instead of taking a pot shot at another poster

Here is the topic:

Point being, Neo, all you have to is listen to the man you're bad mouthing. You obviosly didn't. YEAH! GIRARDI SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry bout that

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
So many misunderstandings flying around because people fail to understand what they read or hear.

You are being very generous calling it a misunderstanding.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ill ask you a serious question, Neo.

Do you honestly think for one second that your president somehow mistakenly forgot he had no sons immediately following his reference to his 2 daughters? Is that what you're trying to say? That he's so dumb that he isn't aware of his children?

Where the heck are you trying to go with this?

You may not like the man's policies, but the fact remains that he's an intelligent man. Far more intelligent than you. Seems like you're trying to knock him down by posting obvious pot shots. Only those pot shots are way off base at best.
edit on 25-5-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

So many misunderstandings flying around because people fail to understand what they read or hear.

As a moderator, can you please explain how this is allowed to stand? This seems like (another) lie of epic proportions from neo96 to further his partisan agenda. At what point is it not cool to lie and spread propaganda on ATS?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

If you believe the poster is not mistaken, and knowingly lied, isn't that against T&C?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join