It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Twice Mistakenly Mentions ‘My Sons,' While Defending Contraception Mandate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

someone sure has to take over his country when he dies.... isn't that what all dictators do? He is keeping them secret so no one tries to kill them before they have a chance to succeed him!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Speechwriters carefully write these. It would have been more proper for him to say, "OUR daughters will have the same economic rights as OUR sons".

Exactly. The choice made to say "my" for both, daughters (in which is very proper) and then saying "my" for sons, just seems like it is a reinforcement that Government is their caregiver, their reason they are alive.

Now that angle, I could go with, but the one the OP stated -- and the one that the "news" is pushing, is playing games.

now this is the perfect post in all the thread.. seriously, I believe that was the message the government is trying to state....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I see. So this "mistake" is part of some plan to subliminally convince us all that Obama is our father? Am I supposed to buy that? Really?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
reply to post by neo96

Not to mention, his grandfather liberated Auschwitz or something..
And he had to walk UPHILL to do it.
BOTH WAYS.

In snow waist deep, with no shoes. Wait, which grandfather the white one or the black one? I guess I really shouldn't be joking about something as horrible as Auschwitz since my own grandfather died there. Well died is a bit over the top, but he did break his leg falling out of the guard tower.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I think the point is, that was NO mistake... it was quite intentional. Brainwash the masses in increments... slowly but surely, the masses begin to see things the way they are presented, regardless whether or not that which is presented would have been acceptable once upon a time...

think about the things the founding fathers fought the british for, a few taxes? lol... if the founding fathers were in America today... they would have started fighting the American government long long long before the Patirot Act and NDAA (etc)!

incremental brainwashing... slowly slowly...

works wonders yes?

besides, they just want to keep us all safe, just like our fathers wanted
... these new fathers just forgot that some of Americas fathers taught us to fight to the death and take no prisoners against ANYONE
who might infringe upon the rights, freedoms and/or liberties of the colonist (now called american citizen)

the new fathers would like all of you to forget that lesson too...
edit on 25-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Why would anyone reference sons in a speech about birth control?

own made the most sense
edit on 25-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So he never made the mistake the OP claims.
Why has this not been tossed into the trash yet?
HOAX at least?
Oh, because this is Stormfront for UFOs, right?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

own made the most sense

Did you really just ask that?
I would love to explain the birds and the bees to you but you better ask your parents first.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Autumnal

because there is no proof this is a hoax...lol

the story is very real and very true... it is only our opinions on the matter which differ... I do not think it wise to start throwing every topic in the bin that disagrees with another viewpoint!

sounds like you are an advocate of communism rather than a lover of open boards and free discussion

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

because there is no proof this is a hoax...lol

Yes there is, watch the damn video. Read the words in context. That is really all it takes. It was done on the first page of this thread for you.

the story is very real and very true... it is only our opinions on the matter which differ... I do not think it wise to start throwing every topic in the bin that disagrees with another viewpoint!

No it is not true. He did not mistakenly refer to his sons at all. None of it is true.
I do not opine facts. I am not sure how one would.

sounds like you are an advocate of communism rather than a lover of open boards and free discussion

Because I know what he actually said?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Did Obama say 'my' sons?

A Yes

Does Obama have sons?

A. NO

Was this a mistake or only a different way to view our government today and Obama's role in it?

A opinions on the matter differ! Opinions on what the context is or is not differ

Therefore... this is a discussion on the matter... and the OP posted his opinion first!

hence not a hoax!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Did Obama say 'my' sons?

A Yes

No, he said an entire sentence. I have to hope you understand this.

Does Obama have sons?

A. NO

AND HE NEVER SAID HE DID HAVE ANY SONS EITHER. So what exactly are you so confused about?

Was this a mistake or only a different way to view our government today and Obama's role in it?

The mistake is yours.

A opinions on the matter differ! Opinions on what the context is or is not differ

The context is the context is the context. Facts are facts. You are deluded.

Therefore... this is a discussion on the matter... and the OP posted his opinion first!

hence not a hoax!

Write out the entire sentence Obama used that phrase in and try to make the same argument with a straight face.

I KNOW YOU WILL NOT BE DOING THAT.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

own made the most sense

so he can say 'mistake' later if the true context is too highly opposed...

my opinion only though....very good thread btw... s n f

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I see. So this "mistake" is part of some plan to subliminally convince us all that Obama is our father? Am I supposed to buy that? Really?

One doesn't have to buy anything. But as someone stated earlier in the thread, the speechwriters don't just throw words or utilize certain grammar just for the heck of it. The very fact that the phrase was used twice means that it was a calculated part of the speech and not a "mistake" in my opinion.

Why not use "our" daughters and "our" sons? Why "my"?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Autumnal
So he never made the mistake the OP claims.
Why has this not been tossed into the trash yet?
HOAX at least?
Oh, because this is Stormfront for UFOs, right?

Because neo is a sockpuppet account. At the very least the owners are aware but don't care, but more than likely are involved in some way.

We are however working diligently to expose him

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I think the point is, that was NO mistake... it was quite intentional. Brainwash the masses in increments... slowly but surely, the masses begin to see things the way they are presented, regardless whether or not that which is presented would have been acceptable once upon a time...

Are you even listening to yourself? You are literally a stereotype of a paranoid conspiracy theorist. A walking, living stereotype.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why did you have to censor what kind of dealer he had? Is it against T&C to mention it? By the way, both liberals and conservatives have good and bad sides to them, but one of the bad sides about liberals is that they make it exceptionally hard to express viewpoints that disagree with their own. So best of luck to you.
edit on 26-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

One doesn't have to buy anything. But as someone stated earlier in the thread, the speechwriters don't just throw words or utilize certain grammar just for the heck of it. The very fact that the phrase was used twice means that it was a calculated part of the speech and not a "mistake" in my opinion.

Why not use "our" daughters and "our" sons? Why "my"?

Thats pretty weak dude. If you want convince me - or anybody- that Obama was mind controlling us then your going to have to do more than speculate about his grammar and vocabulary.

When you have a case with evidence I will be happy to change my views accordingly and admit I was wrong.
edit on 26-5-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Yeah ATS has a zero tolerance to drug related discussions so i used censored just watching words more carefully.

Apparently I am not allowed to have opinions on here cept those that agree with them.
edit on 26-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join