It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philosophy questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
1 If a tree falls in a forest does it make a sound?
2 what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?
3 If rap artists always brag about how they used to be criminals why do they think its wrong for us to torrent there music?
4 What if satans master plan to deceive Christians was Christianity?
5 If a person was borne deaf what does there inner voice sound like?
6 do you see the same colors that i do?
7 A person is crazy for having an imaginary friend But if people share there imaginary friend its called religion?
8 If i am not allowed to talk to strangers how am i supposed to make friends?
9 how may fat chicks do you need to go out with before you can say you have dated tones of women?
10 if a vampire bites a zombie would the vampire turn into a zombie or would the zombie turn into a vampire?
11 When does the narwhal bacon?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

i like most nr.3

nr.5 and nr.9 are low down.

nr.11 i don't understand.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Before this is deleted by a Mod, remember that metaphysics and religion share the same hidden mystery.

"The mysticism and mystery of the Bible are two sides of the same coin. For many Christians, the flip side of this Denarius goes unnoticed and misunderstood. The mystery of the coin is partly seen and unseen, while the flipside of this coin lays veiled in the symbols of the same mystery unseen. Realizing the value of the coin, a holy grail of intrigue, requires ONE direction for true reward.'

-Collapsing wave function says no. The observer must be present to collapse the wave. The Copenhagen Interpretation denied evolution because the observer creates matter, not the other way around.

-Impenetrability

3 If rap artists always brag about how they used to be criminals why do they think its wrong for us to torrent there music?

-We are all sinners in the eyes of God, equally in need of salvation from our sin. Judging the rap star is judging yourself.

-Divide et impera

-The still small voice of God is within us all.

Light is not visible. Only the thing light reflects off of are seen. The better question is: Do we each see the same matter? The answer is found in the presuppositions of NLP. The map is not the territory. We each have a differing map of the same territory. The territory is seen by perspective and frame of reference.

7 A person is crazy for having an imaginary friend But if people share there imaginary friend its called religion?

Psalm 14:1

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Seeing with spiritual eyes and hearing with spiritual ears requires that the bridge of virtue is crossed. Apart from the bridge, the eyes and ears are shut. When you stand on the shore of the ocean, do you see the surface and the waves only? When you hold an acorn in your hand, do you see the 75 foot oak tree enfolded inside?

Hebrews 11:3

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

-Know them by their fruit.

9 how may fat chicks do you need to go out with before you can say you have dated tones of women?

-This is a hard one. A Tone is a reference to sound quality, pitch, strength or source of vibration. Do women have tones? I guess I have no answer for this one. Unless the women you have dated do not speak, then the tones of women are all around you when on a date.

10 if a vampire bites a zombie would the vampire turn into a zombie or would the zombie turn into a vampire?

-God demands an accounting for the blood we take. Genesis 9: 4 “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. 5 And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting.

Either way, both zombie and vampire must give account for their souls and the deeds that were transacted during their lives.

At the Midnight hour.

edit on 25-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321

If anything sounds mean just take it as a joke, just gonna rant off real quick.

Don't care. And no I'm not avoiding the question. This is actually the correct answer to the question.

Believe it or not the unstoppable force will always miss the immovable object. They'll never meet. (unless ricochets are allowed)

Two wrongs don't make an acceptable form of music.

There's more truth to this than you know.

I've been told they think in sign language. I don't understand what that means. That's just what I've been told.

Assuming no defects like color blindness. Probably not exactly. Some people can't detect different shades as well as others, but it's probably something very close based on everything we know about optics.

Logical fallacy. It's actually perfectly normal to have an imaginary friend depending on the circumstances. For example many children have imaginary friends and it's just a normal part of their development. They're not crazy at all. Adults often talk to themselves but if it were socially acceptable I would assume many would have an imaginary friend instead. Imaginary friend != crazy. It's just not acceptable.

Ask them their name. Then you're not strangers anymore.

Don't you know you get a Vambie. Or a Zompire. One of the two. It depends on which day of the week they bite each other.

Midnight.
edit on 25-5-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

yes

The unstoppable force is deflected and redirected

Greed and hypocrisy

Then Satan has made an epic fail

The voice they choose to give it

No

No, some atheist douche bag made this up.

No one wants to be your friend anyway. So don't worry about it.

Aprox. 40

The zombie turns into a vampire

Never

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Before this is deleted by a Mod, remember that metaphysics and religion share the same hidden mystery.

"The mysticism and mystery of the Bible are two sides of the same coin. For many Christians, the flip side of this Denarius goes unnoticed and misunderstood. The mystery of the coin is partly seen and unseen, while the flipside of this coin lays veiled in the symbols of the same mystery unseen. Realizing the value of the coin, a holy grail of intrigue, requires ONE direction for true reward.'

-Collapsing wave function says no. The observer must be present to collapse the wave. The Copenhagen Interpretation denied evolution because the observer creates matter, not the other way around.

I assure you it does make a sound, even if you aren't there. Just because you are unable to hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It would be extremely arrogant to think otherwise. The observer doesn't create matter, the matter is already there.
edit on 25-5-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

I assure you it does make a sound, even if you aren't there. Just because you are unable to hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It would be extremely arrogant to think otherwise. The observer doesn't create matter, the matter is already there.

According to the current theories of quantum mechanics, matter is empty. Our perception as observers is not entirely based on what we sense. Atoms are the wave that has collapsed. The wave is energy. Energy is information. Matter is hollow in mass. LINK

Information is not seen. It is like trying to look at love as a physical object. What we view as concrete is really consciousness collapsed into an image of energy.

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

It's an image.

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

To us, it's very real.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

According to the current theories of quantum mechanics, matter is empty. Our perception as observers is not entirely based on what we sense. Atoms are the wave that has collapsed. The wave is energy. Energy is information. Matter is hollow in mass. LINK

Information is not seen. It is like trying to look at love as a physical object. What we view as concrete is really consciousness collapsed into an image of energy.

This may be true about things that exist on a quantum level. We and the tree, however, don't exist on a quantum level. We are not monads or atoms.

If matter was empty, we'd be able to go through it, but we are in no way ethereal, we are not hollow. The tree still makes a sound despite what quantum mechanics theorizes.

We are not merely information. We are not merely energy. If that was the case, like you mention, we wouldn't be seen.

Quantum mechanics, the bible etc. are interpretations of the universe, not text.

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

By faith, we think we understand the universe.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What would have happened if Neo took the blue pill and the red pill at the same time?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

~OF course...

~Nothing

~who cares?

~Most christians are already on the path to their own personal Hell... look around the forum... LOL

~AUM

~Nope

~Nope... an imaginary friend is harmless... religion is not

~Make strangers your friends.... then they're no longer "strange"

~depends on the woman

~Vampires only feed on the living, and a zombie wouldn't catch a Vampire

Lol Wut?

edit on 27-5-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yes. It causes pressure waves to propagate through the air and transfer energy to the surroundings. That's called "making a sound".

Nothing happens as the question is meaningless. You might as well be asking "how many blues can you fit in a seven". Or "How much does a unicorn weigh?". These questions have no real semantic content. There is no answer because, really, there is no question. While the concept of a force containing over half the energy in the universe (and thus be "unstoppable") is possible, an "immovable object" is a completely non-sensical concept. Immovable relative to _what_ exactly? The earth's core? The earth's crust? The sun? Sidereal space? Or the disproven notion of Absolute Space?

Bragging about being a criminal isn't the same as being a criminal. There's a lot of showmanship and fictional personae involved. And legitimate criminals wouldn't argue that "It's wrong for you to steal from me" but rather "I will seek retribution if you steal from me."

A similar question would be: If someone ludicrously misuses simple words like "their" and "there", why would they expect anyone to pay attention to anything they are woefully failing to communicate? Couldn't they understand that speaking fractured sentences just screams that they think in fractured thoughts?

Then he would have written himself in a better role and we'd call him "god". The gnostics often maintained that this was, in fact, pretty much the case. And it's "Satan's". It's a proper name (in English, at least), so it's capitalized, and it's a possessive so the 's' takes an apostrophe.

It's debatable whether the term "sound" is appropriate for anyone's 'inner voice'. Many people think in modes that have no vocal or auditory component at all. But, assuming a linguistically based mode of thought in a given deaf person, comparing their qualia of introspection with a hearing person would, if possible, be interesting. Give us a few years. They're working on the tech (mostly with sight for right now).

And it's "their" not "there". The first is possessive, the later refers to a place.

Same question as number 5. The answer seems to be that "mostly, yes, the qualia seem to be pretty analogous for most people, as best as we can tell" with some variation and outliers. Also, linguistic categorization differences can play up here. So if we have different first languages, the answer may be different in some cases.

Again, _their_ not "there". Neither statement is true, but they come close. Go have a traditional Saturnalia this winter and see how the neighbors treat you. What's crazy and what's religion is contextually defined and often identical. And for Pete's sake, it should be "friend, but" or even "friend. But".

Through work, affinity groups, and friends of other friends, like a normal human being.

How many would have to date a terrible author before they could say they'd collectively dated an ounce of brain?

Neither. Their respective abilities turn _living humans_ into their subspecies. In your scenario, neither has such for a target.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Unstoppable force - infinite kinetic presence of energy.
Immovable object - Absolute non-existence.

Answer: By attacking absolute non-existence, the infinite kinetic structure called the One infinitesimal Singularity, pure infinite spherical division, then exists.

Induce infinite angular kinetic trajectories, each at infinite rate of kinetics and the infinite expanse is produced by the collective "flight path" of that One Singularity where it is present. Most important is the non-existence within occupation capacity by that same angular trajectory of the Singularity. The collective "flight path" of where the Singularity IS NOT is the generated "nothing".

Now the Presence of infinite expanse flooding back inward from everywhere, towards everywhere, which is the same act of spherical expansive kinetics is the current of time as is reaches homeward toward the One infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal Singularity.

Thus space, time exist. Filling it with finite tools (us) that are capable to grasp and hold on to the consciousness of "the nothing", then use those tools to harvest that consciousness of "the nothing", and victory over the immovable object (absolute non-existence) has been achieved.

That's what we are here to do. Grasp the "silence", the nothingness and lay that gift on the alter. You probably thought life in space-time was for some more noble or exciting cause than just be a tool for nothingness and have the unstoppable force be victorious over the immovable object.

new topics

top topics

join