It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is magic so limited?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

But Magic, itself, is as powerful as it ever was. Nothing exists without it. Everything that exists is sustained by it..........Text

To me this sounds almost like laying of :-eɪɪŋ__
Rhymes:English:-eɪɪŋ

Pronunciation

enPR: -āĭng, IPA: /-eɪɪŋ/, X-SAMPA: /-eIIN/

[edit] Rhymes

[edit] Notes
1.For more rhymes, add ing to some words at -eɪ.

Verb

laying
1.Present participle of lay.

as a pure
lei

Etymology 1

Hawaiian lei

[edit] Noun

lei (plural leis)
1.A garland of flowers in Hawaii.

of course there is no reality as everything is M-ya en.wiktionary.org...
and that's why IM ends living in the delusion

English

Wikipedia has an article on:
Delusion

[edit] Noun

delusion (plural delusions)
1.A false belief that is resistant to confrontation with actual facts.
2.The state of being deluded or misled.
3.That which is falsely or delusively believed or propagated; false belief; error in belief.  [quotations ▼]

edit on 23-5-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
is that that now the Ai M is as a third eye of sheba btw? as in that case sh-iva is not real

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock

are you saying i should make a contract with a being,

Yep.

You should know better than such advice.

Actually, it is the perfect advice to the OP.
He wants power.
He's going to need help.
And, nothing is free.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Sweet Lord of Hell, there's nothing worse than so-called initiates or grand masters etc.
It's not hard, but you've got to give to get.
If you're truly interested, U2U me.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Aleister Crowley claimed he could make himself invisible, he wrote an article on it:

hermetic.com...

Then there's the siddhis of eastern belief, basically super powers attained when reaching a certain spiritual 'level':

en.wikipedia.org...

I have had enough experiences that defy ordinary explanations for me to accept the plasticity of reality: the insight that reality is more akin to a dream than the physical be all end all.

Therefore I imagine there were great masters in the past, if the idea that humans lived for hundreds of years in ancient, ancient times is real like some texts claim, I imagine that those were the times where people practiced magic and had enough success with it for it to be a widely accepted phenomenon.

I love reading The Emerald Tablets describing magicians, acts of sorcery and demonic entities(reptilians even).

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I gotta say this right now- Do not make contracts with beings. Do not. There is no magic within this contractual agreement.
Magic is in many forms. I believe it is in bloodlines. You are either born with an ability, or you learn it as a skill. You can be born with an ability and hone in to it as a skill. Those that practice foolishly will have foolishness follow.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
magick is only limited by the practitioners own belief in their ability to control the elements.
theres an old saying - if you think you can,or you think you can,either way you are correct!

if you are trying to 'get rich',or 'find tru love' thru magick,you will ultimately fail,and possibly get more than you expected.
if your are looking to tap into the whole energy that is everything,or the godhead,and really see what your conscience is really all about,that is tru magick.
never mind the material,study the spiritual. study buddism!
if its too windy on the beach for your family to have fun,you cannot expect to use magic to make it a nice day for you! doesn't work that way. you try to abuse any power you may have will be quickly quelled by the awesome powers of the elements!this is no joke!
study tarot,hinduism,zoraterism,native american and celtic beliefs.
these beliefs are full of 'real' magick.
even the power of prayer is magick.
there have been cases where christian groups have held prayer vigils against murderers,and inexplicably they die in there sleep! (sorry,no links) that is magick,through the energy of thought - not jesus!
humans don't even know what potential they have to make change,and thats probably a good thing!

this is the age of awakening,and the true test of magick is how the responsible will use it. the rest will curse themselves into oblivion with their materialistic crappy 'wants'.
i love jeeni dont live in my house! only true magick!
blessed be
peace

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I beg to differ, plus, ther term Laws of the Universe is a man-made term- that does not make it more real, or more set in stone, or flawless or unable to be manipulated. The power of suggestion through prayer can be considered a form of manipulation, even if a silent prayer, or chant, it is a form of manipulating the set course into a different direction.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

are you saying i should make a contract with a being,

Yep.

That "Being" had better be yourself, otherwise it is pointless and foolish...and in the end very destroyable.

Try asking yourself for the knowledge, and limitlessness hehe...it will be an EYE-OPENER...but only if yourself truly knows it is ready.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
well i cant write a reply to all of you so heres my response to your responses.

so basically, no i dont believe in anything you said, theyre just personal opinions. I am going to go out and find the power that i seek. thank you for your time. bye

edit on 23-5-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
ab solute ely ..y u k o n
ak.water.usgs.gov...
ak.water.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Top 10 Most Powerful Rivers in the World
www.toptenz.net...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock
[mo

It's like the 100th Monkey Theory.

Thus, when a certain critical number achieves an awareness, this new awareness may be communicated from mind to mind. Although the exact number may vary, this Hundredth Monkey Phenomenon means that when only a limited number of people know of a new way TPTB or TPCG, it may remain the conscious property of these people. But there is a point at which if only one more person tunes-in to a new awareness, a field is strengthened so that this awareness is picked up by almost everyone! You must read this ASAP to understand.

A brief research
In 1952, on the island of Koshima, scientists were providing monkeys with sweet potatoes dropped in the sand. The monkeys liked the taste of the raw sweet potatoes, but they found the dirt unpleasant. An 18-month-old female named Imo found she could solve the problem by washing the potatoes in a nearby stream. She taught this trick to her mother. Her playmates also learned this new way and they taught their mothers too.

This cultural innovation was gradually picked up by various monkeys before the eyes of the scientists. Between 1952 and 1958 all the young monkeys learned to wash the sandy sweet potatoes to make them more palatable. Only the adults who imitated their children learned this social improvement. Other adults kept eating the dirty sweet potatoes.

Then something startling took place. In the autumn of 1958, a certain number of Koshima monkeys were washing sweet potatoes - the exact number is not known.

Let us suppose that when the sun rose one morning there were 99 monkeys on Koshima Island who had learned to wash their sweet potatoes. Let's further suppose that later that morning, the hundredth monkey learned to wash potatoes.

THEN IT HAPPENED!

By that evening almost everyone in the tribe was washing sweet potatoes before eating them. The added energy of this hundredth monkey somehow created an ideological breakthrough!

But notice. A most surprising thing observed by these scientists was that the habit of washing sweet potatoes then jumped over the sea.

Colonies of monkeys on other islands and the mainland troop of monkeys at Takasakiyama began washing their sweet potatoes.

Thus, when a certain critical number achieves an awareness, this new awareness may be communicated from mind to mind. Although the exact number may vary, this Hundredth Monkey Phenomenon means that when only a limited number of people know of a new way, it may remain the conscious property of these people. But there is a point at which if only one more person tunes-in to a new awareness, a field is strengthened so that this awareness is picked up by almost everyone!

This is true. This is what Jesus was trying to teach us the word to all of his followers. It's the 144,000 Gods chosen any they are still teaching this today.

Gods chosen people 144k, they are the fishers of men to spread the word of god to this generation of life, just like the 100th Monkey. Others view it as Gods Chosen to be saved, why not me, why them. We are viewed to others as a CANNIBAL Religion The body bread, wine blood. If bible was printed as it should have been this word of God continued to now 2000 years of the true Gospel we would be beyond where we are today. A lot of the Universities are given these grants to research topics like crop circles etc.

Please Google about this

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
"Jina_--'the conqueror of the world',--or the _Arhat_--'the holy
one',-- "

apod.nasa.gov...

".The Digambara, that is, "those whose
robe is the atmosphere," owe their name to the circumstance that they
regard absolute nudity as the indispensable sign of holiness,.......

...These are
separated from Jambûdvîpa by impassable seas, ........

To each of these is allotted twenty four past, present and future Atîts or
Jinas,--making in all 720 of this class, for which they have invented
names: but they are only names. [Footnote: See www.gutenberg.org...

' bout...'control of the
elements' www.exoticindiaart.com...
www.exoticindiaart.com...
isi as easy www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

To answer your original question. It would appear there is a biblical reason for that. What I discovered was this.

John the Baptist wasn't supposed to die when he did. According to the book of Malachi he was supposed to have been present when Jesus Christ had entered the Temple. Because of that it turns out the Jews of the first century AD had triggered the curse of Malachi.

I managed to work out the details of the curse and this is what I found. It's a top level Leviticus 26 curse. And it's supposedly 2000 years long. Literally this world has been cut off from "God" and the supernatural realm.

The interesting detail here is that the curse should end by the mid 2020s.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Ahh, now we're going somewhere interesting.
Perhaps he didn't die when we think he did.
Perhaps Salome and the platter was a cover story.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
so what do mages want ....control of matter? thought>? others'feelings?
that's as easy as removing the frequency range of an antenna isn't it? just say there is not and the is gone
or at least squared
done (into )the circle

1. A fundamental, essential, or irreducible constituent of a composite entity.
www.thefreedictionary.com...
2.elements The basic assumptions or principles of a subject.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin elementum, perhaps ultimately from lmn, first three letters of the second half of the Canaanite alphabet, recited by ancient scribes when learning it.]

Synonyms: element, component, constituent, factor, ingredient
These nouns denote one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up: the grammatical elements of a sentence; jealousy, a component of his character; melody and harmony, two of the constituents of a musical composition; ambition as a key factor in her success; humor, an effective ingredient of a speech.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What happened to it? Easy. We lost the ability to connect to the higher energies.

The Lotus workshop (Google it) should hep you out.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

well that doesnt sound like my cup of tea. i dont want to anticipate and perceive anything, i want instant realistic results. but thanks for the thought

And there you have nailed the problem. Impatience and not wanting to adjust your attitude to recognize when you have succeeded in using the power. "Realistic" results does not always mean the ability to fly around and have lightning bolts shoot from your fingers. That's just a lot of showy nonsense. Realistic results means the ability to accumulate great wealth or power and live a good life. But if that isn't of interest to you...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

The WOW page that you quoted states that the story is likely not true, but rather used as a "legend", and not "authentic". Too bad, I was really hopeful when I first read the story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join