It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is magic so limited?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

A lot of peeps would disagree with me but i see magic everywhere. Magic works with a belief system and ritual. What do you think science is. We are co creators of the universe aroud us. There is magic here just not the way you are seeing it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
That sort of magic still exists on the astral plane.

The magic on this plane is more subtle. This plane is a lot tighter - it's harder to pull the strings.
A lot is possible though; I've seen some amazing things.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
well it seems the world is against me, thats fine, i'll find a way to get what i want and i will show, ILL SHOW YOU ALL MUAHAHAHAHA

ok brb imma go transform into a god
edit on 23-5-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock
well it seems the world is against me, thats fine, i'll find a way to get what i want and i will show, ILL SHOW YOU ALL MUAHAHAHAHA

Good luck with that.

Woody

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Good luck with that.

Woody

why dont people see knowledge as a precious gift to be cherished and protected from those who would wrongly use it? I do wonder this... we see the words of einstein and aknowledge their truth in matters of science, yet when it comes to supernatural things that many do not understand they believe it should be freely passed around? no sense to me

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

why dont people see knowledge as a precious gift to be cherished and protected from those who would wrongly use it? I do wonder this... we see the words of einstein and aknowledge their truth in matters of science, yet when it comes to supernatural things that many do not understand they believe it should be freely passed around? no sense to me

Because some people are just too immature to understand you, and a lot of other things as well.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I wish people who just post links with no context or opinion of their own get moderated.

It just adds nothing to what are actually interesting threads.

I'm with you I'm ignoring the posts and won't even click the links he is posting.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Stop believing in fantasy and learn about things that can actually better you as a person. Math, Science, Physics, Chemistry, anything rooted in actually reality and not ancient ignorance (which is what the magic you are referring to is). Actual science replaced this magic garbage a long time ago. We still have a lot of BS floating around in the form or religion, but thanks to reasons we stopped doing really nutty stuff like culturally based human sacrifice a long time ago. Anything magical you may experience is either created by your own brain or the result of the drugs you've pumped into it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by myn4m3

I don't much like this theory.
It's as if magic itself isn't manifesting because we aren't worthy, or someone or something is blocking it.

It's self deprecating on a global human scale.

The idea that we as a world aren't worthy because we aren't perfect, evolved, or enlightened just seems bunk to me.
Who is to say that a transcendent being or humanity would be better.

I've met a few people and very few at that who I would call enlightened or transcendent.
They would never actually call themselves enlightened, and would never say that they are better than those who have not.
They wouldn't even say others they know who are enlightened are better than those who are not.

So if someone enlightened isn't even willing to say they and their ilk are better than the rest of us; who are any of us to say humanity as a whole isn't worthy?

Do we need to grow up, yes even the grown up among us could stand to be a little more wise.
Society will alwayse have persons who are unwise, that is the very nature of being human.
Imperfection itself is what makes us so perfect(I know that's oxymoronic of me but it's true).
To say humanity isn't ready, isn't enlightened enough(or any similar terms) for anything is a cop out in my opinion.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Because knowledge should never be restricted.
Even from those who would miss use it.
To restrict knowledge is to enslave others.
Knowledge is free for all who seek it.

If they don't know how to use it or abuse it that is on them, but to restrict knowledge is... it's just a disgusting elitist concept.

Einstein's knowledge is available for all to learn if they so chose.

Besides knowledge is a tool, a tool that will not serve a person who does not earn it, or respect it.
If someone acquires knowledge they did not earn, it will eventually be their undoing.

We can't restrict knowledge though, that is the first step towards slavery.
If not physical slavery, than slavery of the mind.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Magic is not limited.

People are limited in their use of magic, by their intent and or state of mind.

If you do not wish to learn, you will not progress emotionally/spiritually, therefore you will not aquire the wisdom needed to use magic sensibly.

The universe will limit you.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

Because knowledge should never be restricted.
Even from those who would miss use it.
To restrict knowledge is to enslave others.
Knowledge is free for all who seek it.

If they don't know how to use it or abuse it that is on them, but to restrict knowledge is... it's just a disgusting elitist concept.

Einstein's knowledge is available for all to learn if they so chose.

Besides knowledge is a tool, a tool that will not serve a person who does not earn it, or respect it.
If someone acquires knowledge they did not earn, it will eventually be their undoing.

We can't restrict knowledge though, that is the first step towards slavery.
If not physical slavery, than slavery of the mind.

This is the point of keeping it sacred and protected, the man who is not worthy is the man who is not using the proper methods of seeking that knowledge... the unworthy man is the one who wants it only handed to him, not the one who devotes his life to learning such knowledge..The knowledge is there for the true seekers. .

If I want to learn about Atom bombs, and I devote years and years to the mathematical and scientific knowledge in aquiring that knowledge, I would be less apt to misuse that knowledge once I have acheived that level of intelligence yes? I would then see it as precious and be older in order to use it more wisely...

same principle

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

im talking about the magic that lets you fly, control the elements, teleport, shapeshift, ressurect the dead, etc.

what happened to it?

It never existed...

or am i just crazy and it never existed in the first place?

What makes you think it ever existed?

.is magic just a made-up concept

You must not realise Harry Potter is just a made up story, it is NOT a documentary or a work of non-fiction...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

It is restrained by the elements of the earth and is a sin condemned by God for being witch-craft and evil.

Since God Created the elements no magic even compares to Gods devine power.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Can anyone debunked this Khmer magic?

is speaking in the Khmer languages, so here's the translation.

0:00 to 0:10 before he perform his magic, everyone please give him a round of applause
0:11 to 1:00 For his magic to work right, he must perform a scared ancient ritual and make a offerings.
1:00 to 1:26 Here is the Chicken. Everyone please take a closer look at the chicken. The chicken is alive and well. You can hear it screeming, moving and kicking. Please take a closer to see for yourself that the chicken is alive.
1:26 to 2:05 He is now cutting the chicken leg (repeat5X) he is now breaking the chicken leg, Now everyone take a closer look, do you see the blood, do you see the blood drippin, the chicken leg is completely broken.
2:05 to 2:40 Now sir please let the chicken try to walk, to show the folks that the chicken leg is 100% broken. Now you see that the chicken can not walk, so we now know that the leg is 100% broken. Now pick the chicken back up. No No nevermind throw the chicken on the grass again to show the folks that chicken CAN NOT walk! ok please the chicken back up again.
2:40 to 3:06 OK let see what will he do next, look like he is stabbing the chicken in the neck with a knife, the chicken is going wild,
3:06 to 3:51 Do you see the Knife had went thru the chicken neck, please show the folk so they can see it clearly for themself. The chicken have 2 broken a leg with a knife thru his neck. the Chicken is now dead and it is not moving at all. Do you see the blood on the knife?
3:51 to 4:41 Let see what will he do next? He is spinning the dead chicken around, OH WOW the chicken is back alive and walking after his legs was previous snap back in half, it is now walking again! EVERYONE PLEASE GIVE HIM A AROUND OF APPLAUSE! he is now wiping the blood off the leg and look like the leg has magiclly attrach itself back together! wow

edit on 27-5-2012 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2012 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

The amount of time it takes to learn something does not determine if you will use it wisely or not.
The character of the one learning does.

We can not restrict knowledge to anyone whether we think they are worthy or not.
That isn't your call to make, or anyone else for that matter.

If anyone is in the position of educator they can only impart the importance of the knowledge and home the student makes the right choice.

To deny them the knowledge in the first place is to deny them the freedom of choice.

To deny knowledge to anyone is to enslave them.

Your views on withholding knowledge are very dangerous...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

Christianity's view of magick, has no place here, considering their lack of understanding what it is and originates from.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
What does understanding the laws of the universe have to do with breaking the laws of the universe? If you can levitate a house so that it rises ten feet off the ground, there will be a logical and quite scientific reason for such an occurrence - hence, not magic.

Yes and no... Magic is making the possible, but statistically improbale happen by will.

It is possible to be the butterfly that creates the storm.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Well...

I'm a Christian who practices Voodoo.

Not all Christians are closed minded.

I blame the Church as an organization, it was run by men and men fear that which they can not control.

I don't know how anyone can look at the miracles preformed by the apostles and not say that was magic.

I don't care the source it was magic.

I do think closed minded people need to mind their own business though.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Well...

I'm a Christian who practices Voodoo.

Not all Christians are closed minded.

I blame the Church as an organization, it was run by men and men fear that which they can not control.

I don't know how anyone can look at the miracles preformed by the apostles and not say that was magic.

I don't care the source it was magic.

I do think closed minded people need to mind their own business though.

While I believe that there is an entity that brought forth the Heavens and the Earth into existence, that is about as far as my acceptance of Christianity goes. I think Yeshua/Esau was a highly enlightened individual, but as for if he was Yahweh's son through a miraculous conception, I disagree. He spent many years in India studying, and I don't think it is an imagination stretch for him to have accepted Zen/Buddhism or Islamic/Sufism concepts. I can't call myself a 'Christian', because I don't agree with anywhere near the entire Bible. Yes, it has good moral concepts(must be found with a discerning eye), and laws to live life by(10 Commandments), but there is a control behind the story. The Church has mixed several aspects of a story to form one jumbled bunch that does not make sense to the average reader. I believe that God/Satan were Extra-terrestrial beings that created us much like some "fringe" authors say. Do some deeper research than simply Nibiru people....Most must be discerned with logic and connecting the dots. I agree with the Enki/Enlil view very much, but that neither is the Entity known or generally accepted as 'God'. God is the universe and all that encompasses it. God is in everything, them, you, and I. While we are all 'Gods' we are all one, which is where the misconception about there only being one 'God' comes from.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join