It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is magic so limited?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock
perhaps only from my perspective, but it seems like magic is really restrained.
why do you think that is?

it feels like there's something blocking the flow or a connection/link is missing..has the really powerful magic been forgotten, is it a lost art now?

im talking about the magic that lets you fly, control the elements, teleport, shapeshift, ressurect the dead, etc.

what happened to it?

or am i just crazy and it never existed in the first place?
i mean there must be a reason why theres so much magic in fantasy..is magic just a made-up concept or was magic real then put into fantasy books by TPTB so that we would think it wasnt real? CONSPIRACY!

no but seriously, i am completely stumped
edit on 22-5-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

Oh dear you have a lot to learn grasshopper ... maybe you were a tad ambitious when you picked your username

Maybe you should try reading some of the old Books of Shadows and Grimoires (libraries / museums / possibly online) on the subject of witchcraft and alchemy ... these things exist now as they existed then ... but not in the way you seem to imagine ... and that is where the true magick lies my friend ... truth is you cannot understand such a monumental subject in an instant ... it takes years and the key to real magick is patience and perserverence ... it is an amazing path to fllow in the tradition of the Old Religion ... enjoy the journey.

Woody

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

when the avatar bashing begins, you know you pushed someone's buttons

i see what youre saying, but thats not what i want.
me want shiny boom boom.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

are you saying i should make a contract with a being,

Yep.

You should know better than such advice.

Actually, it is the perfect advice to the OP.
He wants power.
He's going to need help.
And, nothing is free.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

no, nothing is free. there is my answer

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoEskiMo
reply to post by jiggerj

I beg to differ, plus, ther term Laws of the Universe is a man-made term- that does not make it more real, or more set in stone, or flawless or unable to be manipulated. The power of suggestion through prayer can be considered a form of manipulation, even if a silent prayer, or chant, it is a form of manipulating the set course into a different direction.

Hmmm, the manipulation of weak minds through the power of suggestion is magic, how?

I see a beautiful woman and she makes my heart pound. Magic?

Someone yawns, and it causes me to yawn. Magic?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

me want shiny boom boom.

Okay, not bashing, just asking. The image for your avatar is a girl, right? With a ponytail?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Opinion ate dB

are you saying i should make a contract with a being,

Yep.

You should know better than such advice.

Actually, it is the perfect advice to the OP.
He wants power.
He's going to need help.
And, nothing is free.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

no, nothing is free. there is my answer

Ah..zo .. en.wikipedia.org...
the harmonics rings too ... as there..the first thread at of yours chosingt the ats forum
linken.wikipedia.org...(instrument) bel means lord also en.wikipedia.org...
link
'The decibel (dB) is a logarithmic unit that indicates the ratio of a physical quantity (usually power or intensity) relative to a specified or implied reference level. A ratio in decibels is ten times the logarithm to base 10 of the ratio of two power quantities.[1] A decibel is one tenth of a bel, a seldom-used unit. '

..what the teacher then has learned from students in here? www.abovetopsecret.com...
Reality Is Not An Opinion,> www.abovetopsecret.com...
>>>> 'rumors transmitted from person to person'
rumors =harmonics? www.brighthub.com...
The K-factor

Nonlinear Loads on the Electric Power System Causing Problems for Local Utilities
edit on 23-5-2012 by nii900 because: Nonlinear Loads on the Electric Power System Causing Problems for Local Utilities

edit on 23-5-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2012 by nii900 because: Opinion ate dB ..really?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

me want shiny boom boom.

So you insulted someone with vastly more experience then you have, and told her what she has to say, basically isnt enough, and you dont want to hear it...

Yet you expect to LEARN something from someone?

Give me a break.......Im starting to think this is a troll thread........

You can learn nothing when you think you know it all, and refuse knowledge from those who have more then you...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

me want shiny boom boom.

Okay, not bashing, just asking. The image for your avatar is a girl, right? With a ponytail?

its a girl with a man's face and pigtails yes

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

me want shiny boom boom.

So you insulted someone with vastly more experience then you have, and told her what she has to say, basically isnt enough, and you dont want to hear it...

Yet you expect to LEARN something from someone?

Give me a break.......Im starting to think this is a troll thread........

You can learn nothing when you think you know it all, and refuse knowledge from those who have more then you...

WAT.

i've never said i know it all i said i dont want to study anymore.
and like always, as soon as someone doesn't behave the way you do, its automatically a troll.
gimme a break.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

YOU CAN HAVE THE POWERS YOU SEAK BUT IT TAKES TIME AND PRACTICE AND STUDYING WITH OUT THIS YOU CAN NOT DO IT PERIOD!!!!!!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

if I cannot understand your point I cannot very well reply.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

the point proven, you have no intention of becoming understood... i shall simply ignore u then...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
...meanwhile en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

its a timeloop

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

me want shiny boom boom.

I wasn't 'bashing' you sweetie I was saying that if you are asking questions like the ones in your OP then maybe 'TheGrandWarlock may not be the most suitable username you could have chosen
no buttons pushed just stating a fact

Sorry it's not what you want to hear but what you are talking about is not 'real' magick ... the real thing is so much stronger than the fantasy factor ... I think you have maybe believed too much Hollywood hype ... but more than that you will never succeed because your attitude is all wrong ... I'm guessing you are quite young and just want the non-existant 'quick fix'.

Woody

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

me want shiny boom boom.

I tried to hint about this earlier in the thread.

Perhaps two of the greatest poets of the age could say it better than I -

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you need!

-You Can't Always Get What You Want by Mick Jagger & Keith Richards from "Let it Bleed" - 1968"

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealdemoboy
reply to post by XXXN3O

The WOW page that you quoted states that the story is likely not true, but rather used as a "legend", and not "authentic". Too bad, I was really hopeful when I first read the story.

There are a few other things worth looking into..

Experiments on Morphic Fields

The hypothesis of morphic fields is a scientific hypothesis, and as such is subject to experimental testing. There are several possible ways in which it can be, and has been, investigated by experiment. Some of these tests attempt to detect the fields as they link together different parts of a system in space; other tests look for the effects of morphic resonance over time.

The easiest way to test for morphic fields directly is to work with societies of organisms. Individual animals can be separated in such a way that they cannot communicate with each other by normal sensory means. If information still travels between them, this would imply the existence of interconnections of the kind provided by morphic fields. The transfer of information through morphic fields could help provide an explanation for telepathy, which typically takes places between members of groups who share social or emotional bonds.

When I started looking for evidence of fieldlike connections between members of social groups, I found that I was moving into realms very little understood by science. For example, no one knows how societies of termites are coordinated in such a way that these small, blind insects can build complex nests with an intricate internal architecture. No one understands how flocks of birds or schools of fish can change direction so quickly without the individuals bumping into each other. Likewise, no one understands the nature of human social bonds.

One particularly promising area for this kind of research concerns telepathy between people and domesticated animals, as discussed in my book Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home and Other Unexplained Powers of Animals. For example, many dogs and cats seem to know when their owners are coming home, even when they return at non-routine times in unfamiliar vehicles such as taxis and when no one at home knows when they are coming. The animals seem to be responding telepathically to their owners’ intentions.

According to the hypothesis of formative causation, morphic fields extend beyond the brain into the environment, linking us to the objects of our perception, and are capable of affecting them through our intention and attention. This is another aspect of morphic fields that lends itself to experimental testing. Such fields would mean that we can affect things just by looking at them, in ways that cannot be explained in terms of conventional physics. For example, we may be able to affect someone by looking at them from behind, when they have no other way of knowing that we are staring at them.

The sense of being stared at from behind is in fact a common experience. Experiments already indicate that it is a real phenomenon. It does not seem to be explicable in terms of chance coincidence, the known senses, or fields currently recognized by physicists.

The unsolved problems of animal navigation, migration, and homing may also depend on invisible fields connecting the animals to their destinations. In effect, these could act like invisible elastic bands linking them to their homes. In the language of dynamics, their home can be regarded as an attractor

www.noetic.org...

www.co-intelligence.org...

This is obviously theory but our current scientific methods do not make it easy to prove this, it is not exactly something that is clearly tangible.

I would not discredit it entirely just because it is not completely proven and published.

The earlier post was just a first hit on google that I had linked. If I posted a large amount of external quotes and links it would be ignored or complained about for its length.

edit on 23-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well, simply put, most don't deserve abilities like that and if they did have them, they would abuse them for selfish and harmful ends.

Someday, perhaps, when the ego driven warmongering humans grow up more, abilities like this may be more common. But I wouldn't hold your breath in anticipation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join