It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real life Inception: Two mad scientists create sleep mask that lets people CONTROL their dreams

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Did you imply that you've tried Calea Dream Herb? If so what do you think of my ignoramous theory about the dreams not necessarily being more 'wild', but its more about actually remembering in detail how crazy the dreams were anywyas?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

It gets easier each time you try to fly. Falling is normal in the beginning. It means your awareness of dreaming is only partial. If you would have kept at it, you could build up your awareness of being in a dream, and with each new experience enter this awareness more deeply and quickly.

Once you are fully aware of the dream, monsters are not possible. I have not had a true nightmare in a long time. If ever something enters which I don't want to give presence to, then it will fade away.

I fly in my dreams regularly.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I realize that I am dreaming all the time and I have tried to make things happen and steer the dream, but every time I realize I am dreaming I seem to lose half or more of my "power" in the dream. Really weird. For example. I fly a lot in my dreams. When I realize I am dreaming I can no longer fly, but glide. I have to run my fastest and jump and after a few tries I start to rise higher and higher, but eventually I come back down and have to start the process again. Kinda like the Mario Bros game LOL

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Thats awesome, always wanted to be able to control my dreams

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

hell, ill buy one

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

This is very cool.
I always wanted to be able to do some lucid dreaming.
And now these guys have developed a way to do it.
And just with some light patterns.
Makes you wonder if you can do this with some other sort of input such as sound or something similar.

You can train yourself to lucid dream, you just need to go insane a bit first

The key is "reality testing" - in your conscious life you need to make a habit of testing wether you are awake or not. So basically its a reality check that you do every hour or so while you are awake. It has to become habit, routine and second nature that you just automatically do it every hour, or whenever you think of it.

Examples of reality checks are:
- Looking at your hands. They will melt away if dreaming.
- Trying to read words or the time. Words and numbers will appear jumbled and constantly shift in dreams.
- Flicking a light switch on/off every time you walk past one. In dreams you don't control surrounding light levels, so if they don't change when you turn on the light you are dreaming (or your light switch is broken hehe).

This has worked for me before even if it feels weird checking if you are awake when you already know you are awake. The idea is that once this becomes a subconscious, automatic thing, you will start to do it in dreams as well. When you do it in a dream and realise you are dreaming, let the lucid dreaming begin! Which is awesome btw

edit on 25-5-2012 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0vedim0
I realize that I am dreaming all the time and I have tried to make things happen and steer the dream, but every time I realize I am dreaming I seem to lose half or more of my "power" in the dream. Really weird. For example. I fly a lot in my dreams. When I realize I am dreaming I can no longer fly, but glide. I have to run my fastest and jump and after a few tries I start to rise higher and higher, but eventually I come back down and have to start the process again. Kinda like the Mario Bros game LOL

Lol mario 64 in my case. One jump. Two jump. Three jump fly.

I guess we humans are so different but in dreams we are all so much alike.
Weird

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
These devices have been around for decades, nothing new here. If you want to make your own go to www.instructables.com... and there are many others

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Just imagine all the bad and illegal things people would do in "their" own dreams. I can see it now, Congress passes a bill where you would be set to prison in your own head for something you thought of? "Damnit, I spent the last 50 years in prison for a crime I thought of, "OH GOD PLEASE WAKE ME UP!!!!!!! ITS NOT REAL, ITS NOT REAL, ONLY A DREAM, GET A GRIP MAN....THIS IS A FREAKING NIGHTMARE!!!!!!"

A lifetime spent in a dream hell that only last 5 minutes of sleep.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Just imagine all the bad and illegal things people would do in "their" own dreams. I can see it now, Congress passes a bill where you would be set to prison in your own head for something you thought of? "Damnit, I spent the last 50 years in prison for a crime I thought of, "OH GOD PLEASE WAKE ME UP!!!!!!! ITS NOT REAL, ITS NOT REAL, ONLY A DREAM, GET A GRIP MAN....THIS IS A FREAKING NIGHTMARE!!!!!!"

A lifetime spent in a dream hell that only last 5 minutes of sleep.

You sir have come up with an alternative to the death sentence. Comit a crime and the send you to THE bed. Strap the mask on with some audible that induces nightmares. Dreams seem longer than the 8 hours we sleep. So 8 hours on a nightmare machine would feel like etenity in hell. Some nightmare do feel real enough to feel some pain altho not real, real enough to disturb you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join