It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real life Inception: Two mad scientists create sleep mask that lets people CONTROL their dreams

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Really cool hope it works and gets even better. I have been able to have lucid dreams since I was a kid and its an amazing thing, I used to sleep with the tv on and dream about what shows were on. Now my favorite things to do while lucid dreaming is fly and move objects with thought. Still to this day I cant go through a door and get back to the same room they always change and running seems to be a problem which is weird cause flying is easy. Dreams are one of the coolest things ever and I look forward to them every night so hopefully one day I'll be able to record them and play them back because remembering every detail of a dream can be tough.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
How ( Besides the price) is this any different from the Nova dreamer mask?

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...
edit on 22-5-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Sounds like a similar device used in the 1983 movie "Brainstorm."

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Thank you for this tip, I will definitely try this tonight and see how it goes.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Remember that lucid dreaming requires practice and patience, no matter what technique you apply. What this device does is similar to the DILD method (dream induced lucid dreaming). With the DILD method you can for example draw something on your hand, and every time you get a glimpse of the drawing you stop to seriously inquire whether you are asleep or not. Eventually you will bring this practice into the dream, and that recognizable pattern is somewhat like what you get from these glasses.

Now, you will still have to learn to recognize these patterns whilst in the dream. These glasses shoot light into your eyes, and your brain will respond by creating for example fireworks or a war zone to process the sensory input. As you can imagine, it will take a great amount of time for you to recognize that these lights are not a part of your dreams. And when you finally become lucid, these glasses will not help you at all. Staying and acting lucid in a dream takes a lot of practice also.

If you are serious about lucid dreaming, you should start reading and preparing now! ld4all.com... is a wonderful site where all your questions will be answered. I recommend starting by making a dream diary and just prepare your mind that you want to enter it. Read about it, think about it, imagine it. I also recommend that you check out the WILD method and start trying that out! Good luck everybody, have a nice day

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I can think of one, the danger of people never wanting to wake up to the real world. Dream control and vr would be great entertainment but like many things in society would become increasingly addictive and like most things moderation would be key.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
old technology again ..

i trialed such a device about 8 years ago

was an eye mask that detects Rapid eye movement, then flashes a sequence of LED lights into your eyes, You have to train yourself to recognize the pattern of flashes whilst dreaming to realise you are in a dream.. it takes a LOT of practice and training to accomplish this and when you do accomplish it results are limited.

In my experience the results are limited because training the brain to recognize it is asleep always wakes you up! as soon as the realization dawns that you are asleep, 99.9% of the time you wake up!

Anyone who thinks this is a virtual game will be sadly dissapointed and 95 dollars lighter... but have fun testing, i certainly did.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What goods a lucid dream if you dont remember it? Check out Calea Zacatechichi, the Calea Dream Herb. Induces vivid dreams with total recall. Totally legal. Grows vigorously year round (in the south) without water, fertilizer or pesticides.

reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Sounds like a brian wave synchronizer (with an extra REM feature). Those have been around for eons and are pretty interesting while awake. There were stories that vegging out with one of those all day long for months drove Kurt Cobain insane, although that also makes for a nice cover story of his murder.

edit on 22-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Induce lucid dreaming. Yes please can I have one. I had a lucid dream a few weeks ago but have not managed to do it again ;-( The reality is quite disturbing luckily mine was in two parts. Part 1 was the dream proper i was in flat picked up my kids from a party (done many times hence the dream) took them home turned round at the bottom of the grass bank, woke up, went back to sleep and the dream kicked off but hey presto I knew I was dreaming but could sense absolutely everything as if there. Decide to go back to the flat and say "hello" to the single mum( which I did
) but the weird thing was as I was walking up the path past the 3 blocks of 12 flats I purposely "introduced" Halley Berry into one of the flats in passing. I thought about going in there instead but decided.....spooky this....that since this was a lucid dream I did not want to "break" it and instead stick with what I knew.....the single mum back at the flat at top of the street.

Yes I know, sex, a cheap thought but hey, lets be honest if we had control over lucid dreams the vast majority will be of a sexual nature. Needless to say I'll visit Halley next time

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Real life Inception: Two mad scientists create sleep mask that lets people CONTROL their dreams

www.dailymai l.co.uk

In a twist straight out of the movie Inception, a duo of developers from Brooklyn, New York, have built a sleeping mask designed to allow people to have lucid dreams that they can control.

While it may look like a standard sleeping mask, Remee has been billed as a special REM (Rapid Eye Movement) enhancing device that is supposed to help steer the sleeper into lucid dreaming by making the brain aware that it is dreaming.

The goal of the product is to allow people to have the dreams of their choice, from driving a race car to flying to having lunch with Abraham Lincoln.

Read more: http
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-5-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2012 by grey580 because: Had to fix the headline

People already can do this w/out the mask.

However it does seem a cool little tool

What's the catch though?

Also would it make having OBE's easier?
Normally one of the few methods includes being aware you are dreaming inside the dream, then 'lifting off'...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Yep, pretty much. There's all kinds of ways this can be achieved with some degree of success depending upon a slew of personal factors (binaural beats, being one). The tech has been around for quite some time now. There used to be a late night infomercial running around here that made wild claims, peddling just such a device (Sleep mask).

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
At the moment, I'm dreaming every time I fall asleep; having vivid dreams and waking up every hour/ two hours, with full recall of what seems like several hours' worth of dream activity. I have a cigarette, then go back to sleep with more dreams following instantly.

Trust me - after a while, you want to stop dreaming! Still - lucid dreams when they come are very cool.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Are you sure this would be a great idea?

Once this is perfected, you'll start getting people in your dreams, controlling your dreams.... not just you controlling them!

Do you want other people inside your head on a nightly basis???

I won't be trying this out.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The idea of 'people in your dreams' is a valid fear. At the present time, I'm experiencing what appears to be a carefully constructed and ongoing 'infiltration' into many of my dreams, by what appear to be spiritual powers of some demonic sort. There is an ongoing theme, where these entities try to convince me that my faith is pointless, and that I am 'lost' in the universal scheme of things.

Fortunately, I also have dreams where positive - angelic - entities point out that these attacks are to be expected considering the spiritual path I'm on, and not to be feared.

Moving back into the human realm, I heard that the CIA and other three-letter agencies are in fact quite concerned that people don't access 'at-will, or conscious lucid dreaming'. My presumption on hearing that, was that the action of controlled dreaming can open you to interaction with entities that would seek to undermine the fabric of corrupt governance and the darker powers of this world. In a sense, the act of conscious dreaming can ironically 'wake you up' to see how twisted and corrupt societal control mechanisms really are. The experience can also set people on a spiritual quest of sorts, and I would assume that the real PTB are quite concerned that this doesn't happen - wherever it is in their power to prevent it.

It was vaguely reported that 'they' wish to suppress the phenomenon of conscious dreaming, though I guess there are many such practices that they would like to suppress, in order to keep the populace dumbed-down and unquestioning.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
What goods a lucid dream if you dont remember it? Check out Calea Zacatechichi, the Calea Dream Herb. Induces vivid dreams with total recall. Totally legal. Grows vigorously year round (in the south) without water, fertilizer or pesticides.

I ordered some the other day.
I have been a lucid dreamer all my life and quite a few OBEs too.I was reading about this plant a while ago and decided to give it a try. Hopefully it will increase what I already have.
Lucid dreams are a wonderful place to be. When I wake the world has this dream like quality and peace but it never lasts. I'm hoping calea tea will keep that feeling throughout the day.
For those who are going to try this device, if it works and you become aware you are dreaming, your next task will be making your dream last. The more aware you are in a dream and the harder you try to control it, the harder it is to stay in the dream.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Oh, now I want to try this out.

This thing sounds cool and awesome to use.

Thanks Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
edit on 22-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

There are some anti-depressants that can induce lucid dreaming as well. I would advise against taking them though.
edit on 22-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I made a lucid dream stimulator when I was a child in the 80s, based on an article in Popular Electronics. It measured your breathing rate to identify REM sleep and gave a mild electric shock to your leg to provide stimulation to your brain.

Occasionally you could sort of control your dreams which basically meant you could make some decisions but the bulk of the dream was still generated outside your conscious mind.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Enjoy your brain tumors

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Nice find its pretty cool, I wouldnt be spending that though
because I have and can control my dreams most of the time if I have them
....if you practise it long enough you can have really lucid dreaming.. its AMAZING.. totaly different world.. your very own wonderland

My most recent one included a zombie apocolypse which was soo cool, like being in my own movie!

...there is a point you realise your in a dream... if you can ignore that point and continue you find you can control aspects like decisions ... my zombie dream in particular..I realise I was in a dream but stayed with it...the rest of it I felt where my own actions... I jumped off this higher platform into zombies to help rescue someone and I felt like I was punching them
like real life

BTW, your REM (rapid eye movement) happens when your body is NATURALLY ready to wake up! now.. alot of us HAVE to get up to an alarm ect,, For me personally to increase my chance of dreaming I set an alarm 1 hour before I have to get up this usually gives a signal to my mind/body that it needs to get up in an hour so will naturally wake up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join